Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 9, 2011 2:09 AM

Jan 2011
I grinned when Dakichi gave Rin a large hug at the end! Only one more episode </3
Sep 9, 2011 2:12 AM

Jul 2011
Here's your chance Daikichi - can't wait to see what'll happen in the finale.
Sep 9, 2011 2:45 AM
Aug 2011
Rin's got fever T_T

Daikichi x Yukari in this episode so nice!

Can't wait final episode T_T
Sep 9, 2011 3:30 AM
Feb 2011
Hmm, that picture of Rin with red cheeks actually felt kinda weird to me, like it doesn't blend in well with the rest of the art.
Anyway, I know I'm repeating myself every week but this was great episode again. I'll be in Malta next week so I'll have to watch the final episode later. :<
Sep 9, 2011 6:57 AM
Dec 2007
Felt a bit filler-ish, plus I didn't even remember this part of the manga so it seems strange they're using it to end the series. Also, I can't really empatize with characters finding that cold is a big thing (and all the drama surrounding this in the plot). Where I come from, it happens every year and is like the most common thing in the world, I mean, it's painful and bothersome for 2-3 days but nothing more. I've been to school/work several times with a temperature over 39 C° and I'm not dead... yet. But well, Japanese people tend to have a different approach to this so I guess this plot string may be seen as legitimate.

Well, I guess it was just an average episode for me.

rodac said:
Perhaps their overly cautious approach to colds and stomach flu is part of the explanation for very high longetivity rates in Japan. Of course it helps that it is a single-payer public system:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_system_in_Japan

It's been proven that eating (and drinking for that matter - hello Russia ! -) habits is the main factor affecting the difference in longetivity rates among developped countries. Japanese food is just healthier than say... American food (cough cough).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 9, 2011 8:06 AM

May 2010
Ah~ This show feels so good man. Yukari as wife and mother is so WIN!!

Loved the sweet drops OST in piano. <3

Last episode to go!! :(
Sep 9, 2011 9:20 AM

Aug 2011
such a nice episodes, just can't beliebe that next week will be the last episode...
Sep 9, 2011 12:11 PM
Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

best face of Rin! It is totally gorgeous. MOE over 9000? I think so.

Yup, yup! Rin was super-moe here :3

I'm glad that Rin is feeling better, poor Daikichi, he was so worried ^^ I wonder what will happen in next (last...) episode. I wonder if Dai-san & Yukari will get married one day ;)
Sep 9, 2011 12:35 PM

Nov 2010
Aww, the last scene was the cutest thing ever,
Sep 9, 2011 2:53 PM

Jun 2008
Yukari was awesome in this episode.She showed her motherly powers. Hope that in the last episode Daikichi will take care of her and bring them close enough for him to ask her for a date or something. They are practically a family already, it's about time they take the first steps on making it official.
Sep 9, 2011 2:54 PM

Jun 2009
Don’t break my heart like that! Seeing Rin sick made my insides ache. Thank goodness Kouki’s mom was there to help Daikichi…

Sweets Drops on piano~♥

Aw, I can’t believe how fast it went by – next week is already the last episode!

It makes me sad. Nothing warms my heart like Usagi Drop. I don’t think anything will be able to replace it. Why all the good things have to reach an end so quickly? I really hope we can have another season.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Sep 9, 2011 2:57 PM

Jun 2011
It made me smile
:)

Would be nice to see those four as a family
Sep 9, 2011 3:24 PM

Sep 2010
Nooooo

11 episodes is not enough !!!!

:((((
Sep 9, 2011 4:17 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was beautifully done! :D I loved the family vibe! I seriously think that the four of them should just live happily ever after together ^^
Omg cliffhanger! I can't wait till next episode.
The last episode... :'(
Sep 9, 2011 6:08 PM

Dec 2008
Lovely episode yet again <3 I can't believe it's only one more episode until the end. I will miss looking forward to episodes every week~

As for Rin's illness...how in the world did the doctor figure out it's not the flu? There is no way of confirming it without doing a swab of the throat =/ In any case, if it was viral, there wouldn't be anything to do for her, anyway, except for her to get lots of rest and drink fluids. As for her fever, 39.8 C is still quite high and I can see why Daikichi freaked - remember, he's never looked after a kid before and doesn't know what to do in these cases.

Although, why didn't he give her acetaminophen or something to help bring the fever down? =/ Seems kind of...obvious? (Maybe you can't find such products in Japan as easily?)
Sep 9, 2011 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
Next episode = DAIKICHI TO THE RESCUE!!
[center]
Sep 9, 2011 9:02 PM
Apr 2010
It really is chaos when a child of a first-time-parent gets sick for the first time. I remember my sister calling my mom while crying because my niece got sick, and she started to panic. But help's always there!!!

Such a nice episode!!

Oh and Rin's Moe? HNNGGG!!!!

Now Yukari's sick too?? OH NO!!!
Sep 10, 2011 1:45 AM

Aug 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
I thought that Daikichi would quit his job after Rin got sick and it would start snowing and Rin would want to go on a trip and... and... and *sniffles*
Sep 10, 2011 11:11 AM
Aug 2011
I never would of thought a show like this could keep me interested. Every episode finds a way to convey such wonderful and simple plots. I would of never thought in a million years a plot about sickness would be so well done and interesting. Simply a great series.
Sep 10, 2011 11:42 AM

Apr 2009
For the duration of the episode I was worried she might not better at all and then I read this post:
HawthorneKitty said:
I thought that Daikichi would quit his job after Rin got sick and it would start snowing and Rin would want to go on a trip and... and... and *sniffles*

Noooooo, not those... it's been awhile but I still remember the imagery of those scenes vividly. T_T

What a cliffhanger, I'm totally digging Yukari and Daikichi development in anyway. XD At this stage, I no longer cared about the end of the manga (of which, I prefer not be further spoiled). :-P
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 10, 2011 11:52 AM

Feb 2009
This episode was too adorable! ;_;
Seeing Daikichi that worried for Rin made me feel so sad, I really love the bond they've formed.
I can't believe the last episode is next week already!
Sep 10, 2011 12:10 PM

Jun 2009
When Rin got sick I got really worried. I'm soo glad that it wasn't anything serious.
Can't belive that next episode is the last. I suppose I will have to go to read manga...
Sep 10, 2011 1:06 PM

Aug 2011
Great episode, does anyone know if they are planning to make more than 11? It would be such a waste to end this anime after 11 episodes. It's too short.
Sep 10, 2011 4:08 PM

Mar 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Only one more episode left...

Why must you abandon me, Usagi Drop? WHY?
Sep 10, 2011 7:18 PM

May 2011
Aw, jeez. Poor Yukari, being sick and stuff...

Otherwise, the cutest and sweetest episode yet! I love Usagi Drop so much... <3
Sep 10, 2011 9:54 PM

Jul 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

LMFAO. I died. xD

Anyway... Great episode, as usual. Last episode next week. T___T
Sep 11, 2011 4:56 PM

Nov 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

omg me tooooooooooooo. Rin was so cute it was insane. this reminded me of when i got sick when i was little. my mom was like koukis mom haha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2011 2:35 AM

Nov 2006
i had to go to the hospital when i caught the same thing rin had as a kid, or something similar, i can't remember. i kept barfing and couldn't keep any liquid down, so after about a week i was in desperate need of fluids.

SO YEAH, shit can be serious.

adorable episode of course. daikichi hugging rin at the end was satisfying since rin seems to instigate most of that.
Sep 12, 2011 3:31 AM

Sep 2010
I'd actually be perfectly happy with this being a 1 season show... simply because 11 more episodes means 11 more chances for them to reach the timeskip and destroy everything I like about the current episodes.
Sep 12, 2011 6:17 AM

Aug 2007
This episode was so sad. Rin with an illness and all taking care of her. Now is time to wait the final episode.
Sep 12, 2011 10:40 AM

May 2009
Yukari is a nice name. :)
Ah... I totally LOVE Yukari x Daikichi pair up. They're so comfortable with each other! :)
I like how they're already helping each other out, and feel that security with each other. :]

Kouki x Rin is so cute! :P They both blush when Daikichi says that Rin's at ease when Kouki's around. :)))

I DON'T WANT THIS SERIES TO END!!!!
:'(

I want at least a 100 more episodes!! *whines*
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Sep 12, 2011 9:45 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah its just so cuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeee XD

I read the manga before thank god. But it seems like its going to end differently since there's only one episode left.
Sep 13, 2011 8:12 AM

Mar 2011
This was some serious business ladies and gentlemen. Now the mom has got it too. For some reason I sense a terrible outcome *cough*Cl****d*cough*.

Hope I'm wrong though.
Sep 13, 2011 10:03 AM

Aug 2008
Haha Daikichi made some father friends. That's good.
I thought Kouki was the one who's going to catch a cold, not Rin lol.
Sep 13, 2011 12:11 PM

May 2008
I know this site lists this series as only having 11 episodes, but I honestly thing that's incorrect. What one-season anime series has had 11 episodes? They almost always end at 12 or 13. Besides, in the manga the series is essentially split into two halves, one pre and one post-timeskip. I expect this anime to end more or less exactly as the "pre-timeskip arc" does, which was a very good ending point in my opinion.

Besides, it seems there's a OAD for Usagi Drop due for October 28th, so perhaps that will provide the last episode. I feel like there's not enough time in just one episode to resolve the "sick Yukari" plotline, and the plotline that ends the first half of the overall series.

We shall see I suppose.

I'm pretty sure life is a tsundere...
Sep 13, 2011 3:05 PM

Jun 2008
The scene where Rin and Daikichi hugged made me cry because it was such a lovely moment T w T
Sep 13, 2011 6:15 PM

May 2010
1) Juice + Medicine = Death?

2) no morning wood for Daikichi?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 14, 2011 12:26 AM
Jul 2010
Which chapter of manga is equal with Episode 10 ?
Sep 14, 2011 5:38 PM
Aug 2010
I think i'm a little bit in love with kouki-kun's mum after this episode...

It was also great how they had a piano version of the OP during the episode. The ED song was perfect as usual. This is the first anime series I've given a 10 to. It's just so good and heartwarming.
Sep 14, 2011 7:13 PM

Dec 2008
Whoo I loved this episode! Daikichi x Yukari FTW!

It's a bit funny that I watched this episode while being sick with my own fever... (*_*)
Sep 16, 2011 5:01 PM

Apr 2011
Now I can only see Kouki and Daikichi young version.

>O< It's going to end! NOOH!
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Sep 17, 2011 7:27 AM

Apr 2010
One of the best episodes of the series in my opinion. I also liked the piano version of the ending song about 16 minutes in, just found it added to the scene :)
Discrimo13Sep 18, 2011 3:06 AM
Sep 22, 2011 7:19 PM

Sep 2008
Fabulous episode. Really, really enjoyed it. This episode really hit home with me, because the way Yukari was looking after Rin really reminded me of the way my mom would look after me when I was incredibly sick. I liked being reminded of such good memories. It was just a touching episode in general, though.

Seeing little "flashbacks" of Daikichi as a little kid was pretty neat, haha. I was amused by how he referred to the other fathers as... what was it? "Fatherly friends" or something? :P And also amused by how he could obviously tell immediately who the father of that kid - who was late for gym and looking at the pictures too - was. :>
Sep 24, 2011 1:45 PM

Oct 2010
how many times was thank you said in this episode!
Sep 26, 2011 10:13 PM

Oct 2010
that ending was just too adorable! >///<
Nov 3, 2011 3:05 PM

Feb 2009
I had an overdose of warm-and-fuzzyness! Once again, fantastic episode, the characters are so real and sympathetic, just perfect.

And poor Yukari, she was so helpful that ended up becoming sick herself :(
This is it Daikachi, go help that mom!
Nov 7, 2011 6:49 AM
Jun 2008
Another amazing episode!

can't wait to watch the last one now.
Nov 18, 2011 11:53 AM

Jul 2010
:( Poor Rin. She's all better now though :D.

Nitani is so nice. Did you see how many times she came? Even in the early morning and late night. She's an amazing mom. I really see that she cares so much for Daikichi and Rin.

I was actually surprised at the way this episode went. It's almost the finale and they're focusing a lot on Nitani and Daikichi. I like it though; they should become family. When I just see them together they seem so much like a family it's awesome. :)

Also, even the finale looks like it'll be about Nitani and Daikichi again. There was a lead in as Nitani is now sick too. Interesting. I guess no more closure on Masako? Hm. Fine by me but I really thought she was the main problem of the show. Maybe it's like two arcs xD. The family arc and then the friends arc hahaa.

Wow, I can't believe the next episode is the last.. It went by so fast (Well, I did watch it in 2 days lol). After this, I'll watch more Gintama but it won't be the same.. I love Usagi Drop so much. I wish it didn't have to end and I wish even more for a new season but it looks like it'll end in a really nice way :)

Veethorn said:
And poor Yukari, she was so helpful that ended up becoming sick herself :( This is it Daikachi, go help that mom!

EHH?! Her name is Yukari?! How do I miss these things!
Hehe. Reminds me of Yukari Sensei from Azumanga Daioh. xD

Kundalini said:
Kouki x Rin is so cute! :P They both blush when Daikichi says that Rin's at ease when Kouki's around. :)))

It is really cute, but I see it more as a brother and sister relationship. Wouldn't a brother blush if he was told that he calms down his sister :)?

5/5 - I've given this for every episode :) This marks a 10-score show :D

TO THE FINALE~~~~~~~~~~! :) I'm gonna enjoy that episode with all my heart.
fishergirl16Nov 18, 2011 12:00 PM
Dec 13, 2011 10:06 PM

Sep 2011
HEAARRTTWARRMIIINNNG TOOO THEEE NEEEXTTT LEEVEELLLL!!! I freakin love this Anime! I really hope Daikichi gets together with Yukari... D:

EDIT: Holy shiiiit I just saw the part after the credits! That sucks for Yukari but on the other hand... Daikichi could nurse her! >:D
Jan 7, 2012 11:00 PM

May 2009
Just one episode left u__u The hug scene was beautiful!

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

366 by RGreatDanton »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Aug 4, 2011

208 by MR-GRAYv2 »»
Jun 7, 7:04 PM

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

41 by Phantomnocomics »»
May 12, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

394 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:44 PM

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.