Forum Settings
Forums

Madhouse To Remake Hunter x Hunter Anime with New Staff and Cast [Update Aug 3]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 1, 2011 8:31 PM

Oct 2008
I was hoping for a sequel but this is still good as far as I'm concerned. This way we should get it in HD and I don't see any reason why they won't continue the story on from where the last OVA ended. It's been ages since I watched the original anime and I've never read the manga so it'll be a nice refresher.

The only thing I'm really dissapointed in is the fact that they're changing the seiyuus. Hisoka just won't be the same. :(
Aug 1, 2011 9:05 PM

Apr 2010
Why are people just assuming this won't have the Ant Arc? All it says is that its remaking it from the beginning. Never says anything about it remaking only what the previous season (which neither Madhouse nor Nihon TV have anything to do with) covered. Think of it as like original Kanon and Kanon 2006 in that they have nothing to do with each other outside of the source material
RyanSaotomeAug 2, 2011 1:08 AM

Aug 1, 2011 9:11 PM

Jun 2010
Madhouse is handling this......ladies and gentlemen I smell WIN!!!!!
Aug 1, 2011 9:37 PM
Jul 2010
YES! Remake!
Ive been wanting to start Hunter x Hunter but it just looked so... old school that i didnt really bother.
Aug 1, 2011 10:08 PM

Jul 2010
A remake? I was hoping it would continue the anime version where it left off but I have no idea where it stopped in the manga version.
Oh well. At least I get to see how Hunter x Hunter would look like in digital coloring.
Aug 1, 2011 10:11 PM

Jul 2010
YES now I don't have to watch the old series! WIN!
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Aug 1, 2011 11:27 PM

Jan 2011
well this news comes as a bit of a surprise, but yeah, i hope they just remake and then take it past where the original series stopped in the story. and please i hope they keep hisoka's and gon's voice actors............. i <3 hisoka!!!

Aug 2, 2011 12:11 AM

Jul 2010
so finally i can catch-up episodes that i missed long time ago instead of re-watch the whole old series
Aug 2, 2011 12:16 AM

Jul 2007
I dont get it, there is plenty of material to just continue. But i guess it will be interesting to see new artwork/voice actors.
Aug 2, 2011 12:25 AM

Feb 2008
jmal said:

I mean, seriously, a good chunk of the target audience for this remake wasn't even alive when the original anime started!

Lol @ "It's a shounen, so obviously only kids/teens will watch it."
One Piece would like to have a word with you.

Btw, why is everyone just wanting the Chimera Arc animated? The thing isn't even finished in the manga. And if Togashi keeps being the lazy ass he is, there's a really good chance the anime will have either a shit open ending (like the GIF OVA did) or a filler ending (like MAD did with Claymore).
Aug 2, 2011 12:28 AM

Aug 2008
Remake? I was hoping for a continuation. ;; A ;; oh well, worth trying it out...
I can't believe neither my anime nor manga list is completely listed
Aug 2, 2011 12:36 AM

Mar 2009
Yeah, yeah... Ofcourse there is going to be a lot of people who had a genuine interest in watching Hunter x Hunter and all that. But the greatest majority of people here, as it is also quite obvious from their posts in this thread, do not have an interest in HxH itself but the new popular anime, whichever it may be.

It's like:

Yesterday: "Oh noes!! To watch the new super popular anime, I have to watch an old crappy anime first!"

Today: "Yeesssss!!! It's not a sequel! It's a remake! Goodbye old crappy anime!"

Yeah, people wanna watch what they wanna watch. No problem with that but... "Don't be calling me boring, if you don't want me to call you stupid" Said the old to the new.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 2, 2011 12:55 AM

Jul 2011
Zero_sama said:

BTW the really bad news that most have ignored is that the director of this remake will be Kohjina Hiroshi, the one behind the fiasco known as "Kiba". The director of one of the worst anime TV series of all time will direct the remake of HxH? mmm... Not a great start from Madhouse and I sure don't feel excited about all this, and I am a pretty hardcore fan of this series. I will have low expectations for this remake.

KIBA director??!! OH NO!!!!!!!!
i'd rather have shaft doing the remake
Aug 2, 2011 3:49 AM

Dec 2009
Nooo! -sobs-
How could this happen! And here I was, looking forward to a sequel... D:
Ahhh~ I got my hopes high for nothing. Well, I'll still watch it because I love HxH that much. Dx BUT KILLUA AND GON ARE NEVER GOING TO SOUND THE SAME EVER AGAIN.

-goes into a slump-
Aug 2, 2011 4:01 AM
Mar 2011
i can feel it' they will ruin the whole series
Aug 2, 2011 4:01 AM

Sep 2009
RAWR, why are they recasting??? >_______________________< At the very least, they should keep Kaida Yuki-san as Kurapika and Takahashi Hiroki-san as Hisoka. They were perfect.
Aug 2, 2011 4:11 AM

Mar 2009
No, you're wrong there, jmal. I'm not saying real interest should be shared for both old and new series. I'm saying that dissing the old series because they're old, is annoying.

Ofcourse being interested in Hunter x Hunter does not mean that you have to watch both series. But the way they're going on about it, it's as if the old series is like the way to Golgotha and they are relieved they don't have don't go through it after all.

This kind of attitude towards the old series, reveals the decisive factors that make people go for it: Popular and new. They don't care which anime it is, as long as it fulfills those two criteria.

At first, they were pissed off or disappointed, that they had to watch a few years old anime before they could watch the new one. It's not only that they're not interested in the old anime but that they dislike it because it's old. That much has become obvious if you would read their posts when they were expressing their relief for not having to watch it in the end.

So the truth is this, none among them cared that it is Hunter x Hunter that gets a remake. None have been waiting for it and no one is excited for it. They've been waiting and were excited for the new popular anime, whichever that may be. It just happened to be a Hunter x Hunter remake.

About this, I normally don't care. People can watch whatever they like, right? But dissing the old series while celebrating the new, that's what annoys me.

Ofcourse, I'm not saying that everyone is like that. But alot of them are, as it became obvious in this thread. If you think that this kind of people does not exist, then you are the one who's mistaken.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 2, 2011 4:40 AM
Apr 2007
I don't get all the hate, it's obvious it was going to be a remake since a sequel would've been meaningless.

HxH is a great manga and anime series and they are smart to do this shit.
If it would've been a sequel, who would've got only an OVA series or just a small anime series.

But now, Mad-fucking-house will deliver us all of the HxH shit in great quality, the change of cast is also obvious, they don't want to be tied to the previous anime and OVA's from Pierrot.

This way, they can continue animated the show without any fillers or stops for maybe a year or two and in that time there will be enough manga chapters out for them to continue.

Making a sequel is probably the stupidest thing they can do.

It's all about money and if they want money, they do this.

Obviously.
Aug 2, 2011 5:13 AM

Mar 2009
jmal said:
kodial said:
No, you're wrong there, jmal. I'm not saying real interest should be shared for both old and new series. I'm saying that dissing the old series because they're old, is annoying.

Their comments indicate that they're glad they don't have to watch 90+ episodes of a show in order to watch the upcoming anime. Everything else is just you reading what you want to read into it. And it offends you. Oh well.

Noop! No one has been saying they're glad they don't have to watch a long series, they've been saying they're glad that they don't have to watch an old series.
Aug 2, 2011 5:43 AM
Aug 2007
millo said:
Zero_sama said:

BTW the really bad news that most have ignored is that the director of this remake will be Kohjina Hiroshi, the one behind the fiasco known as "Kiba". The director of one of the worst anime TV series of all time will direct the remake of HxH? mmm... Not a great start from Madhouse and I sure don't feel excited about all this, and I am a pretty hardcore fan of this series. I will have low expectations for this remake.

KIBA director??!! OH NO!!!!!!!!
i'd rather have shaft doing the remake

But he also directed Rainbow which was an amazing show
Aug 2, 2011 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
The other series isn't even that old....the ova's are pretty recent even. the mid 2000's iirc.
Aug 2, 2011 6:20 AM

Jun 2010
remake ~ remake ~ remake
Aug 2, 2011 6:46 AM

Oct 2009
Even though it's a remake, still is a great news <3
Been waiting for 5 years.

I don't mind a remake, though.
But I love the previous seiyuus. It's such a shame they change the cast

Aug 2, 2011 7:28 AM

Feb 2011
Wutt?!! A remake? :disappointed:

At least I hope there will be No Filler at all and the story continues after Greed Island. But still I love the old version (story, plot, seiyuu, etc.)

Looks like I must buy a new Hard Disk for this one, since there will be HD version (this is 2011 right?)
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

Aug 2, 2011 8:04 AM

Feb 2008
jpem said:
The other series isn't even that old....the ova's are pretty recent even. the mid 2000's iirc.

That's the problem with most of today's fandom. Anything with more than 5 years is old to them.
Aug 2, 2011 9:24 AM

Aug 2010
Aw, a remake. I guess I wouldn't mind, but new animators, writers, director, and cast? Too bad. However, I do like MADhouse.

Still, a sequel would have been better. I guess as long as this remake covers the latest arc in the manga.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Aug 2, 2011 10:33 AM
May 2011
Great! I am definitely going to watch this no matter how they do it :) I'm actually watching the old series for the 3rd time now. xD
Aug 2, 2011 11:38 AM

Jun 2009
First impression:

Madhouse? Good.

New cast? Not so much.

Remake? WA...!? I WANTED MY CHIMERA ANT ARC, MAN.

I understand the strategy of a remake is much more viable than just making a sequel a decade later than the original, and with reason when more than a good half of the viewers hasn’t watched the original series; so marketing-wise, it would be stupid to try and make a following arc out of nowhere after so much time.

The cast… ;__;
Sure, it’s a shame. I’ll miss the original voice of whichever character they decide to change, I remember them all…! But that’s inevitable. It can’t be the same; it won’t ever be the same.
…At least, I hope the change is suitable. If they’re going to get a new cast, better get a good one.

So many mixed feelings. Ah, well, I can only hope it’s good and lives up to the original.

I love Hunter x Hunter, no matter what it is. Can’t wait for it, either way.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Aug 2, 2011 11:42 AM
Aug 2011
Well they did say that the remake will be filler free and since the anime was so old they felt it was outdated. Plus they are gonna continue it
I prefer a new remake since it has been long since I watched the old one and I was hoping for something fresh
Aug 2, 2011 12:44 PM

Jul 2008
At first, I have mix feelings about the remake like Anisamar said. Heck, I practically grew up with this anime. I even watched the musicals. I wish they did keep the voice actors though - Takahashi really played Hisoka well. But I'm excited how it would turn out.
Aug 2, 2011 12:52 PM

Feb 2010
I have no clue why people are making such a big deal that it isn't a sequel than a remake. Eventually this new series will most likely make it past where the old anime left off. I'm excited to see how good Madhouse will make this remake.
Aug 3, 2011 12:45 AM

Apr 2009
Are people seriously complaining about a complete remake by MADHOUSE?!
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 3, 2011 2:14 AM

Mar 2011
wow so people actually like the chimera arc from the manga? imo the manga went downhill ever since the on/off hiatus, that's why I'm glad they're doing a remake instead of a sequel. Hunter x Hunter is one of the best shonen but it's so inconsistent, started off great with the exam arc, went somewhat boring during the middle (but still decent), and the ongoing arc is just dulll, BUT the Yorshin arc shits on lives and that''s what I'm here for!!
Aug 3, 2011 3:26 AM

May 2008
Aug 3, 2011 3:34 AM

Feb 2008
Updated
Cast
Gon: Han Megumi (live action actress, Profile, daughter of Han Keiko)
Killua: Ise Mariya
Leorio: Fujiwara Keiji
Kurapika: Sawashiro Miyuki
Hisoka: Namikawa Daisuke

Source: Scan of WSJ
dtshykAug 3, 2011 4:10 AM
Aug 3, 2011 5:04 AM

Oct 2007
I approve of this news.
Aug 3, 2011 5:10 AM

Sep 2008
a remake..oh well... im just happy to know i can watch HxH again ;D
im not so sure about the new cast but i hope they do the characters well ><
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Aug 3, 2011 5:20 AM

Aug 2008
Sawashiro Miyuki as Kurapika? Nooo, please. I really love her, but she and Hidaka Noriko are the only female seiyuus whom I really don't like to hear voicing male characters. But, oh well... maybe she'll be good. But for me Kaida Yuki will be always Kurapika :).

Fujiwara Keiji willl be a really good Leorio :).
LearaAug 3, 2011 11:13 AM
Aug 3, 2011 5:40 AM

Dec 2010
dtshyk said:

WHAT???

I like the rest of the cast though.

Edit: I just heard a sample of Miyuki's boy voice. It's sounds really good, definitely happy with the cast now :D
RainbowMagnetAug 3, 2011 4:04 PM
Aug 3, 2011 5:41 AM
Jul 2018
RainbowMagnet said:
dtshyk said:

WHAT???

yeah...not to sure about her being kurapika either,i like her voice in other roles so hopefully she proves us wrong.
removed-userAug 3, 2011 5:48 AM
Aug 3, 2011 6:35 AM

Jul 2009
why the seuyuu of killua is seiyuu that most of her charcters is little girls ?
oh god i prefer the old cast ..
Aug 3, 2011 6:44 AM
Oct 2009
well the character designs look good,, and the cast looks good but,
hisoka's voice ,, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Aug 3, 2011 6:53 AM
May 2009
Aug 3, 2011 8:35 AM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
dtshyk said:

Know nothing about Gon's seiyuu but no complaints on the rest.

At least Gon's seiyuu is cute

Aug 3, 2011 8:43 AM

Dec 2008
mehh, i really dont like that its gonna be total remake, well its better than nothing at least...

loved the serie, but really hope they are gonna make it to stuff that was not in the original fast. since it ganna be borring watching the same, just in better grafic. just like brotherhoods 15-20 first eps.
Aug 3, 2011 9:00 AM
May 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooarg1JsSSM <---- Example of Miyuki's boy voice.

Miyuki Sawashiro did a great role as Shinkurou and I think she's going to give Kurapika something similar to that. And I wouldn't mind that at all :D
Aug 3, 2011 9:14 AM
Jun 2008
so we 4 known & newbie as parts main role yea indeed this um remake/reboot of it wonder how will do for new generation of fans?

either wait & see how it goes especially lots keep an hearing check on the fresh newbie seiyu in it.

& yet newbie seiyu's is 2nd generation yet newbie's mom is same voice of lalah, saori, luna, & queen beryl?!

yea this newbie really rise & learn to follow in here mom's footsteps in seiyu voicing.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Aug 3, 2011 9:36 AM
Jul 2011
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:
dtshyk said:

Know nothing about Gon's seiyuu but no complaints on the rest.

At least Gon's seiyuu is cute
yes and we clearly gonna adore her cute face in gon voice....ha wtf...
i dont ever care about who play who tho..im simple like that...
Aug 3, 2011 10:15 AM

Sep 2008
wouldn't mind a remake. i've heard the chimera ant arc isnt as good as the previous ones, and considering the arc isn't even finished, i don't think it would be a good idea to adapt it just yet. im wondering why there using new voice actors though. do the old ones not want to do it, or do they just not want them or something?..
Aug 3, 2011 10:34 AM
Dec 2009
RyanSaotome said:
Mr-Guts said:
damn why what's wrong with the old one why don't they just continue with the story .

Its a new studio and channel, and according to MAL, the studio that did the old one is no longer around. So it would make sense that if a new studio is handling it that they would start from the beginning.

well what do you mean by that and which studio was it?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Voice Actress Eiko Masuyama Dies at 89

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

5 by Sondo »»
11 minutes ago

» 'Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san' Manga Ends in Three Chapters

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

5 by Simar »»
32 minutes ago

» New 'Keroro Gunsou' Anime Project Announced

DatRandomDude - Mar 31

13 by LuminousXstar »»
Yesterday, 1:07 PM

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for June

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 11:38 AM

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - May 31

13 by 210200 »»
Yesterday, 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.