Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2011 11:00 PM

Aug 2008
9.446583 (9.45) score if MAL updated right now. ;p

If you're stingy then click on CLuClu!
Please consider supporting the end of disenfranchisement on MAL.
Purpose is subjective, therefore quality is subjective.
Apr 18, 2011 12:42 AM

Nov 2007
Elinaz said:

190-192 - Cat's arc
195-199 - Ketsuno Ana's arc

They are serious too. + Brutal epic music in 195-199 =)

Tixy said:
Of course I loved all of those arcs, except for maybe Jiraia arc but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who thinks like that. I'd suggest sticking to the 2 already mentioned for now since they are the strongest. If he likes them, he should definitely pick up the ones you suggested. However, there was some serious/glorious toilet humor during Kyuubei's arc so that might be a problem. Ketsuno Ana and Monster Hunter arc were also pretty fun.

Looking forward to watch those myself. Hell I am watching 185 NAO!

Ketsuno Ana has an ARC is like OMG I have to see! Gin-san must have been flapping like a spoiled brat XD

Yay! my 500th post goes to a Gintama thread. Ureshii des~
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 18, 2011 10:12 AM

May 2010
Just wait till Rurouni Kenshin new Anime comes out, it'll put this Anime to shame.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 18, 2011 10:19 AM
Nov 2009
Confucius said:
Just wait till Rurouni Kenshin new Anime comes out, it'll put this Anime to shame.

Honestly, personally me ll not be upset, if Gintama takes 2-10 position =)

Monster Hunter

Screwdriver Arc? =) There is always a screwdriver in your heart!
Apr 18, 2011 11:17 AM

Oct 2007
Elinaz said:
Monster Hunter

Screwdriver Arc? =) There is always a screwdriver in your heart!

Yup that one, Ginko was OLEV.
Confucius said:

No! We don't like any new anime to be better than Gintama!
Apr 18, 2011 11:29 AM

Jan 2010
Wow, Gintama fans sure are enthusiastic.
Apr 18, 2011 11:33 AM

Nov 2007
Confucius said:

Hiten-Mitsurugi fan here. Gintoki Kicks Ass.

Edit: Or you could be just frustrated over the fact that Gintama has Kawakami Bansai, a historical remake of Kawakami Gensai otherwise know as the Baby-face Hitokiri during the Meiji era, since Watsuki took Kenshin's image from Kawakami. I am guessing I am assuming wrongly :D

Kenshin was a great anime (until it caught up with the manga and hit rock bottom). But Gintama is the cream of the cream, 'the real sugar content' and sets the benchmark for all the shounen anime out there. EOS.
shanimebibApr 18, 2011 12:04 PM
Coronavirus.
Apr 18, 2011 1:58 PM

Sep 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
so when did people start taking MAL's rating seriously?

Since the creation of MAL, most likely.
Then, MAL, surely has trolled humanity for a while.
Apr 18, 2011 4:46 PM

Nov 2007
Linalee-Stratos said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
so when did people start taking MAL's rating seriously?

Since the creation of MAL, most likely.
Then, MAL, surely has trolled humanity for a while.

Lol Linalee.
Coronavirus.
Apr 18, 2011 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
No one take this seriously so I will put it into simple conclusion( rather than flooding this place.

Anime that I watched its sequel w/o even touching the prequel:
1. K-ON!!
2. Kaminomi
3. Shana

Why bother wasting time to check something that has passed? Some people are smart enough to understand without watching the prequel because some information from the prequel must be flowing into sequel in form of flashback.

This is a proof that I'm getting better by using something from other( like parody series):
wakka9ca said:
I'm not appreciating this series that much and I am stating my opinion. No one has to care about my opinions. This is a forum so it's free-for-all. So let's stop trolling each other

HyoroemonMay 7, 2011 7:21 AM
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Apr 18, 2011 8:11 PM

Feb 2008
Hyoroemon said:
reira said:
For example how can you watch Code Geass 2 season when you didn`t watch the first one.. what can you understand... exactly nothing..

I completed K-ON!! Without K-ON!. Why even bother trying to find something that already passed?
Heck, I know that watching prequel for something that is not too serious like K-ON isn't necessary. And for a serious anime ( has certain goal), it isn't too hard to understand the plot/storyline. There are people who can/can't.
Don't put stereotype of "People can't understand something if they don't follow thing from the beginning".

I think I have a Nobel Prize here somewhere, you deserve one clearly... Skipping a K-ON season is a superhuman feat of not-before-seen bravery and intellect, and is worship worthy.

On the topic of skipping episodes and seasons:

My suggestion- quit saving you god damn time by skipping through gintama, sit down, and watch that pure comedy gold, episode by episode, like a normal human being, while taking your time, because there is no rush... What, you don't have time to do it? What are you even discussing? Because to me it looks that you just want to skip something for the sake of it, or to be cool somehow... I really don't get it... Getting what's going on later in the series is not a point here, because there is no point to skip anything in gintama in the first place, so just don't do it. Have fun while making sense and watching your gintama from ep 1. Thanks.
Zaraki with bankai > Chuck Norris
Apr 18, 2011 8:15 PM

Nov 2007
Hyoroemon said:
I completed K-ON!! Without K-ON!. Why even bother trying to find something that already passed?
Heck, I know that watching prequel for something that is not too serious like K-ON isn't necessary. And for a serious anime ( has certain goal), it isn't too hard to understand the plot/storyline. There are people who can/can't.
Don't put stereotype of "People can't understand something if they don't follow thing from the beginning".

You deserve a Nobel Peace Prize. Also, don't bother watching Gintama' at all. Because minus those 201 episodes, you are just at a loss to enjoy this anime.
Coronavirus.
Apr 18, 2011 8:20 PM

Oct 2007
Hyoroemon said:

Oh man, this is a true example of why stereotypes are just evil. I wish they didn't exist in today's society, I mean, are we living in 16th century? Discrimination is a terrible thing which is even more apparent thanks to this people-can't-understand-something-if-they-don't-follow-thing-from-the-beginning stereotype. Why can't we all just be equal?
But yeah seriously, this is probably the funniest thing I have read in this thread, all my love for you bro.
Apr 18, 2011 8:33 PM

Aug 2008
9.46 (more accurately 9.455137) were MAL to update right now.

Apr 18, 2011 8:34 PM
Feb 2010
GaZsTiC said:
Dizzee said:
Touka said:
If only the Top Anime page would actually update. Would love to see Gintama in first place again.

Doesn't the score counts only after some amount of votes?
The score only contributes towards the Top Anime page when it comes from users who have seen at least 40% of the episodes. Since Gintama' has an unknown amount of episodes it can't be put on the Top Anime page yet.
But... it is there...
Apr 18, 2011 8:42 PM
Jun 2010
Elinaz said:
shanimebib said:

btw, i am at 184, so dunno about the rest of the 17 episodes.

190-192 - Cat's arc

They are serious too. + Brutal epic music in 195-199 =)

And don't forget the fight between Gin's balls.
Apr 19, 2011 12:40 AM
Nov 2009
And don't forget the fight between Gin's balls.

BTW, Gintama deserves its 1st place... Main chara in it is THE MOST suffered being on Earth and not only=(
I mean... where else can u find Main Chara, who found his Chinko as Screwdriwer? Or balls that transform into Pixels... or fight between one's balls =(

JEEETTT IN!
Apr 19, 2011 2:57 AM

Apr 2009
Tixy said:
Of course I loved all of those arcs, except for maybe Jiraia arc but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who thinks like that.

You're not the only one, I hated Jiraia arc.
Apr 21, 2011 10:14 PM

Aug 2008
And we're back down to 9.45 (if MAL updated right now).

Apr 22, 2011 12:00 AM

Nov 2007
Elinaz said:
shanimebib said:

btw, i am at 184, so dunno about the rest of the 17 episodes.

190-192 - Cat's arc

Just finished the Neko-santachi's arc (190-192). That convo between Otose-san and that stray cat :'(

Moments like these are that make Gintama an absolute masterpiece. Before I get to hold it back, a drop rolled down my cheek. :')
Coronavirus.
Apr 23, 2011 12:12 AM

Aug 2008
9.44 if MAL updated right now.

Apr 24, 2011 11:15 AM

May 2010
Daisuki-chan said:
9.44 if MAL updated right now.

But we all know MAL will never update, so it remains as 9.48 unfortunately.
Apr 24, 2011 11:00 PM

Jan 2008
Psh, noobs who rate it low just for the sake of doing it should die.

(side note: if you watched previous season + this one, it's perfectly fine to rate it low)
Apr 24, 2011 11:09 PM

Aug 2008
You can't win, Trollth. If you vote me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

Apr 25, 2011 2:24 AM

Jun 2009
♥♥♥
I'm one of them who voted it a 10...before it even started ♥
Apr 26, 2011 3:59 PM

Jun 2009
RavenlySadist said:
♥♥♥

You're also one of the reason I can't take the "top" anime seriously anymore. Not hating on Gintama or anything but no show should be number one with only a few episodes out....seriously people.
Apr 26, 2011 4:07 PM

Apr 2011
Jrittmayer said:
RavenlySadist said:
♥♥♥

You're also one of the reason I can't take the "top" anime seriously anymore. Not hating on Gintama or anything but no show should be number one with only a few episodes out....seriously people.

Well everyone here knows what Gintama is all about from the first 201 episodes.
Apr 26, 2011 8:39 PM

Jul 2009
Hyoroemon said:
reira said:
For example how can you watch Code Geass 2 season when you didn`t watch the first one.. what can you understand... exactly nothing..

EDIT: Actually I want to post this in front, but considering people might think I just want to brag, I will just edit my last post.
If someone mad enough to check my list, there are no Kaminomi season 1. I watch 2 instead of 1. Guys, it is not that I don't care. But why bother wasting time to check something that has passed? Some people are smart enough to understand without watching the prequel because some information from the prequel must be flowing into sequel in form of flashback.

edit2: well, its already 2 days and this topic is leave unattended. Guess this is safe for self-trolling. First time I watched Shakugan no Shana II,( around episode 4) I kinda confuse what is this but after few flashbacks and explanation, I think season I isn't really that important. Stop wasting time to look back something when you already got the further one .

Instant gratification is the greatest human folly in my opinion. I commend you on abusing the power that sets you apart from animals and joining their ranks because you couldn't learn to enjoy something for it's total value. I for sure won't take your opinion into so much seriousness knowing that you simply joined the bandwagon half way through and jumped off shortly after. I lose faith in media everyday when I see posts like yours.
I hope your skipping disorder causes you to ruin all shows that you could have enjoyed, but only if you had watched them from the beginning.
Apr 27, 2011 9:48 PM

Apr 2009
yeah...what the guy above me said. I have a friend like that too, the guy goes on wikis and looks up whats going to happen, he does that to things like code geass, death not, and he even did for one piece. Like whats the point? Im sure Im enjoying those shows more than he is though XD
Apr 29, 2011 4:11 PM

Aug 2009
It is true that you don't have to watch ALL previous Gintama episodes to understand 202, but you'd still miss out all the fun )

And I must say, I really respect the guy for completing K-ON!! without watching K-ON!, I simply couldn't miss out the amazing plot and the deep character development of the first season...

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Senboukyou arc (131-134) is awesome?..
DrAlucardApr 29, 2011 4:35 PM
Apr 30, 2011 5:24 AM

Oct 2010
totally deserves the #1 place in MAL...
no other anime can compare to Gintama

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Apr 30, 2011 9:44 AM

May 2010
wishbook said:

I hope you are joking.
May 2, 2011 6:53 AM

Jan 2008
Since everyone who didn't enjoy the first Gintama season won't bother to watch the second, this high average rating isn't that surprising and therefore should not be taken too serious.
May 2, 2011 7:58 PM

Apr 2010
GaZsTiC said:
Confucius said:
wishbook said:

I hope you are joking.

Baww. Does someone have a different opinion to yours?

irony
May 4, 2011 6:02 PM

Apr 2011
Why doesn't MAL simply merge Gintama and Gintama' ? On many sites they consider it the same anime, that way we won't have "flawed" scores.
May 4, 2011 10:13 PM

Aug 2008
MAL, AniDB, ANN, Anime-Planet, and AnimeNfo have them split.

May 5, 2011 3:51 PM

Feb 2010
Tayloroids said:
I am actually embarrassed for some of the die-hard Gintama fans in this thread. You guys are so intelligent for saying anyone who doesn't like Gintama/rates Gintama low is just a troll who deserves to die.

Well, I am a die-hard fan of Gintama as well, but I wouldn't say they should die. xD
May 5, 2011 4:32 PM

Oct 2007
Tayloroids said:
I am actually embarrassed for some of the die-hard Gintama fans in this thread. You guys are so intelligent for saying anyone who doesn't like Gintama/rates Gintama low is just a troll who deserves to die.

Some people are a bit...not used to the fact that people can have different opinions.
May 7, 2011 11:04 AM

Feb 2009
It's super amazing to see something else on top that isn't Brotherhood. At least we have something good at @ #1 now. yay
May 7, 2011 5:28 PM

Apr 2011
To be honest, I wasn't expecting to see Brotherhood move... ever. Seeing how MAL's system work, the only thing that can make it move was a sequel/remake of something that is already highly rated. Here came Gintama' !
May 23, 2011 11:29 PM

Jun 2009
Valaskjalf said:
Why doesn't MAL simply merge Gintama and Gintama' ? On many sites they consider it the same anime, that way we won't have "flawed" scores.
Because that would be smart an requires more organization then anyone has time to put into it.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 28, 2011 4:27 AM

Jan 2011
Valaskjalf said:
To be honest, I wasn't expecting to see Brotherhood move... ever. Seeing how MAL's system work, the only thing that can make it move was a sequel/remake of something that is already highly rated. Here came Gintama' !

Well, name something that should have moved it from the 1st place. Gintama does not deserve it and it will get down as soon as it gets some 10000 votes. For me, there is no anime that I have seen that is better than Brotherhood. Some of them come close, really close, but nothing beats it.
May 28, 2011 4:48 AM

Nov 2010
AlexGK said:
Valaskjalf said:

Well, name something that should have moved it from the 1st place. Gintama does not deserve it and it will get down as soon as it gets some 10000 votes. For me, there is no anime that I have seen that is better than Brotherhood. Some of them come close, really close, but nothing beats it.

Brotherhood is really good but not nearly as entertaining as Gintama. did u even watch the first 201 eps? if not, come back and tell me that after you completed the 1st part of Gintama, then i will take your opinion more seriously. i didnt see it on your list. IMO Gintama deserves 1st place. and as much of a Gintama fan boy i am, my opinion isnt biased at all. ive never seen an anime that was so funny i cried from laughing so hard, had amazing battle arcs that made my jaw drop, and had some emotional/dramatic scenes that moved me to tears. compared to that Brotherhood doesnt even come close. the only thing Brotherhood has is a reallly good plot and "ed is short" jokes. honestly you cant even compare them, Gintama is on another level. but in the end it all comes down to personal opinion i guess...

edit- NOTE TO EVERYONE THINKING ABOUT STARTING GINTAMA...WATCH THE ENTIRE 1ST SEASON FIRST!!!!! that should explain why Gintama is rated so high..
Hokuto_no_FuzzMay 28, 2011 5:14 AM
May 28, 2011 12:44 PM

Jun 2008
Fuzzhx said:
ive never seen an anime that was so funny i cried from laughing so hard

I cried, too, but for very different reasons...
May 29, 2011 6:58 AM

Sep 2008
Its funny how some mod who decided to keep the Gintamas as separate anime has managed to create such a strong disliking for it in the minds of probably hundreds of people.

Come on people, only somebody who loves the show to at least an 8/10 would ever finish the first Gintama so its only a given that this 2nd one would only be watched by those people so of course there is a massive bias on the score. But who cares really? Just cause its above your favourite shows on a random website where the scoring is completely off for almost every single show is no reason to hate it. Not to mention a lot of the people hating it probably haven't even seen it.

Why even make these stupid threads? Its deja vu to me. Except I've seen it many times before for each and every anime that made first place. Nothing but a troll magnet and makes people angrier at the show.

That said, I shouldn't be saying this cause I was the one who made the one for KnK 5 back in the day. What a hypocrite. At least I learned my lesson since then.

All that being said, there were some funny posts here and there in this thread...
May 30, 2011 4:21 AM

Jan 2011
Fuzzhx said:
AlexGK said:
Valaskjalf said:

Brotherhood is really good but not nearly as entertaining as Gintama. did u even watch the first 201 eps? if not, come back and tell me that after you completed the 1st part of Gintama, then i will take your opinion more seriously. i didnt see it on your list. IMO Gintama deserves 1st place. and as much of a Gintama fan boy i am, my opinion isnt biased at all. ive never seen an anime that was so funny i cried from laughing so hard, had amazing battle arcs that made my jaw drop, and had some emotional/dramatic scenes that moved me to tears. compared to that Brotherhood doesnt even come close. the only thing Brotherhood has is a reallly good plot and "ed is short" jokes. honestly you cant even compare them, Gintama is on another level. but in the end it all comes down to personal opinion i guess...

edit- NOTE TO EVERYONE THINKING ABOUT STARTING GINTAMA...WATCH THE ENTIRE 1ST SEASON FIRST!!!!! that should explain why Gintama is rated so high..

I tried watching the original a while ago. Could not get into it and dropped it. Being funny is not enough to make something great, not to mention 1st place. At least for me. As I said, Brotherhood will retake it as soon as this gets more votes.
May 30, 2011 5:20 AM
Nov 2009
" Being funny is not enough to make something great"

You are underestimating Comedy genre...
May 30, 2011 7:28 AM

Nov 2010
AlexGK said:
Fuzzhx said:
AlexGK said:
Valaskjalf said:

I tried watching the original a while ago. Could not get into it and dropped it. Being funny is not enough to make something great, not to mention 1st place. At least for me. As I said, Brotherhood will retake it as soon as this gets more votes.

Fuzzhx said:

ive never seen an anime that was so funny i cried from laughing so hard, had amazing battle arcs that made my jaw drop, and had some emotional/dramatic scenes that moved me to tears.

no sir Gintama isnt only a comedy. you must not have given it enough of a chance. but its impossible to please everyone i guess.
Jun 2, 2011 6:32 AM

Jan 2011
^
Story - Brotherhood>>>Gintama (saw about 30 of the original and could not get into it so this is my opinion)
Music/Sound/VA - Brotherhood>>>>>Gintama (my taste anyway)
Comic relief - Gintama>>>>>>Brotherhood (ownage)
Characters - Brotherhood>>>>>Gintama (I have yet to see anime or manga where ALL characters, down to the last 3-rd line support one remain usefull and have screen time till the end. And no plot armor or OP main char. Awesome support characters)
Animation - Brotherhood>>>Gintama

So where exactly is Gintama better besides the comedy?
Jun 2, 2011 7:46 AM

Nov 2009
^

It will always going to be based in opinions, little ppl are not biased.

I read FMA manga and hands down is the best action shounen alongside rurouni kenshin...

Gintama got good from 35 + episode... while FMA was action packed from the start with no fillers, and less chapters...

I tried 3 times to start gintama (like OP tried 4 times till i got hooked)

So Its difficult to compare both i u didnt see both of them ( i read fma manga so i cant compare )
Bolt_Jun 2, 2011 7:52 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2011

100 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
50 minutes ago

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Aug 15, 2011

103 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Yesterday, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 11, 2011

111 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Jun 24, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tthammy - Jun 2, 2011

234 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Jun 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Trollardo - May 2, 2011

139 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Jun 20, 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.