Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 3, 2011 5:59 AM

Jan 2011
Finally Kento does something that I can agree with by treating Sawako as an equal and allowing her to make her own decision by taking her own fate into her own hands (as it should have been all along). I also like that while he told Sawako that he never imagined that she could make someone like Kazehaya fall for her, in his subsequent conversation with Kazehaya, Kazehaya unhesitatingly assured him that Sawako is the one to be admired because of her quiet strength. :D Ultimately it is always easier to stand up when supported by others than to stand alone unsupported by others. Kazehaya saw that Sawako was doing her best at the latter all by herself, and he admired that about her. It’s one of the reasons he fell for her. In his own words: he fell in love with the girl who was always standing up by herself. It’s really something that from the start “no one” in this story saw Sawako in the same light that he does but now Chizu-chan and Ayane-chan have both come to see her in that way and they all love her just as she is.

Sawako seems to have grown up a little in this episode. I like that with the help of Kurumi’s words and Kento’s words, which basically meant the same thing, she was finally able to see that she had put Kazehaya on a pedestal when all he ever wanted her to do was to see him as himself.

Anyway, next week’s episode is one I’ve been waiting for. I hope the animation and execution of the episode is better than the manga confession scene, which was still awesome in itself.
Mar 3, 2011 6:43 AM
Feb 2011
Uwaaah >A< I screamed at my computer after they cut to the ed. I hate it when I get so in to it I don't notice it's about to end, especially at the good parts
Mar 3, 2011 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
finally this show is smile worthy again!! :D
it's like Sawako had an epiphany of sorts, so awesome
Mar 3, 2011 7:18 AM

Oct 2008
gothlol said:
ep.9 A confession (of Boys' Love)
Sawako's gonna witness Kazehaya & Pin making love in the classroom.

LoL

While everyone was waiting for the confession, I was waiting for something like this to occur too. Now I guess we will have to see how things get messed up from hear. I swear, as already commented, all the still picks and music might work great in a live action Music video, but unfortunately it didn't translate as well into animation. I really enjoyed the message though, take your time and enjoy high school is what I got from the first half of the episode. Young people shouldn't rush to grow up. Saver those moments of fading youth. In that respect the little music video aspect was great. If they would have ended the series with that sequence I would have called this series a masterpiece, but they didn't, they put it in the middle of a second series. Sawako's final realization is probably bound to be too late. I've been in this situation before, timing is essential in love. I'm curious about 10th episodes title. "From Here" seems like it could imply that chase might have been more important than the catch. 11th episode "After Festival" sounds ominous.

Expample: After the festival me and Sawako remained friends, but things were never quite the same. Ahh!

"Important Person": I hope this episode is about Chizuru and Ryuu.
Mar 3, 2011 7:48 AM

May 2010
gothlol said:
ep.9 A confession (of Boys' Love)
Sawako's gonna witness Kazehaya & Pin making love in the classroom.

lmao

The ep was good and got better the time Sawako got the spirit to confess.

Great cliffhanger!! This is going to be a long wait.

Also, the full OP = WIN!!
Mar 3, 2011 7:57 AM

Apr 2008
come on, y'all knew they were gonna cut it before she could confess, lol! haven't you watched shojo before? if the juicy part isn't happening at the beginning it is happening in the next episode :p

it was very beautifully animated, tho, that whole sequence when she jump-starts her brain and runs to the classroom. such a pretty golden glow.

but! wtf? why did the awesomeness that was Ryu's gift scene get a 2.5 seconds of airtime?!
Mar 3, 2011 8:00 AM

Jun 2009
AWESOME!!! Sawako finally made it and then the episode failed at the end :/ lol But the title says it all in the preview and now i can't wait!

Mar 3, 2011 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
damn cliffhangers.
Mar 3, 2011 8:48 AM

Oct 2010
at last there was some development. I guess when sawako heard the Kazehaya uttering her full real name that when she got her senses back .
Thank got there was the end of nagging.
Mar 3, 2011 10:07 AM

Feb 2011
GO Sawako!!! =D really can't wait for the next episode <3
Mar 3, 2011 10:24 AM

Oct 2007
Finally this season starts to shine. Took them long enough though.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 3, 2011 11:01 AM

Mar 2010
Ugh!! Dammit! I wants the next episode now! D:<
It was just getting good. :)
Mar 3, 2011 12:04 PM

Nov 2009
Damn. There was good parts, but the fact that they dragged the confession into next episode... While i might of been better overall, makes this episode specifically depressing.
Shesh.
Mar 3, 2011 12:35 PM

Aug 2010
inb4 giant troll next week with more herp derp asperger's protagonists failing to say a full sentence to each other.
Mar 3, 2011 12:35 PM

Aug 2010
inb4 giant troll next week with more herp derp asperger's protagonists failing to say a full sentence to each other.
Mar 3, 2011 1:38 PM

Oct 2009
Sawako-chan ganbatte kudasai !!

I love KnT :D Can't wait... :(
Mar 3, 2011 2:10 PM

Sep 2009
Waited 2 days for subs to get a cliffhanger. Well, I can't say that I'm impressed. It's been 8 episodes already.
Mar 3, 2011 2:16 PM
Mar 2008
FFFFFFFFFFF THEY JUST HAD TO END IT THERE
Mar 3, 2011 2:18 PM
May 2009
Omg! This episode <3
I can't wait for next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 3, 2011 3:07 PM
Dec 2007
Todoke ! Todoke !

Fantastic realization episode, great developments... and a brutal cliffhanger.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 3, 2011 3:08 PM
Dec 2007
Todoke ! Todoke !

Mar 3, 2011 3:08 PM
Dec 2007
Todoke ! Todoke !

Mar 3, 2011 3:58 PM

Nov 2007
LMFAO pin's sushi stars. :DDD i've always loved the anime's portrayal of his character. i wonder if the staff spends time just to create original inside jokes for pin ahahaha.

...no matter how significant the plot development is, there always has to be people complaining about it nonetheless. NOBODY IS EVER SATISFIED?! orz.

Jigoku-n3ko said:
but! wtf? why did the awesomeness that was Ryu's gift scene get a 2.5 seconds of airtime?!

THIS SO MUCH, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT????
Mar 3, 2011 4:37 PM

Nov 2010
WDF!! They should have at least let Sawako opened the door PRETTY WIDE! I have a bad feeling about that cliffhanger..
Mar 3, 2011 4:50 PM

Jul 2009
when it ended i was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUU THIS IS BS!!!!
Mar 3, 2011 6:27 PM

Aug 2010
TODOKE! doki doki-

My God I'm sooooooo glad Kent opened up her eyes! I'm sorry if you guys hate Kent, but if he didn't create the misunderstanding, sawako would have never realized all this, that she doesn't care what people think.

The animation on this was amazing, i loved the chizu and ryuu moments too <3

Can I be purified too?!
Mar 3, 2011 7:07 PM

Sep 2008
That was beautiful, ;___;
Mar 3, 2011 8:16 PM

Apr 2009
Bloody hell! My heart can no longer take all this melodrama, I had to take a deep breath when the ED rolled since I seem to have stopped breathing when she stopped at the door! XD Next week seems such a long wait...

By the way, the full OP as the insert song was great!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 3, 2011 8:22 PM

Jul 2009
ARGH! I dont wanna wait for the next episode!!!
Mar 3, 2011 8:27 PM
Apr 2010
Someone really just needs to konk them on their heads, and get it over with!!!
Mar 3, 2011 9:27 PM

Feb 2010
Slowest plot ever. But it will be worth it!
This show definetly makes up for the snail paced plot with the character development though.

I'm so excited for the next episode!
Mar 3, 2011 9:37 PM
Dec 2007
wintercrush said:
TODOKE! doki doki-

My God I'm sooooooo glad Kent opened up her eyes! I'm sorry if you guys hate Kent, but if he didn't create the misunderstanding, sawako would have never realized all this, that she doesn't care what people think.
Actually, it should be that she was taught that she shouldn't care what others think. All those misunderstandings all stem from the fact that she is too self-conscious about tarnishing people's reputation. Kent's words, although ultimately selfish, helped her realize this attitude had become a wall in her relationship with Kazehaya and that he was a person of the same standing as herself, not some deity.

Mar 3, 2011 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
the plot was so sloooooooooowww.. but finally !! kokuhaku next episode -.-"
Mar 3, 2011 10:15 PM

Aug 2010
Leon-Gun said:
wintercrush said:
TODOKE! doki doki-

Actually, it should be that she was taught that she shouldn't care what others think. All those misunderstandings all stem from the fact that she is too self-conscious about tarnishing people's reputation. Kent's words, although ultimately selfish, helped her realize this attitude had become a wall in her relationship with Kazehaya and that he was a person of the same standing as herself, not some deity.

Yeah, she had an attitude that was a little too nice for her own good, and ending up hurting herself and the people around her.
Being a little selfish sometimes is healthy & she's coming to learn that too.
Mar 3, 2011 10:40 PM
Jun 2008
It was really something ... I just can't wait for next week's episode T_T
I hope that she actually confess to him .. My heart is beating so fast <3 <3
Mar 3, 2011 10:44 PM

Aug 2008
so slow... but it's about time that we reach the climax.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 3, 2011 10:50 PM
Dec 2007
wintercrush said:

Yeah, she had an attitude that was a little too nice for her own good, and ending up hurting herself and the people around her.
Being a little selfish sometimes is healthy & she's coming to learn that too.
You said it. We can't be too nice even though we shouldn't be too selfish.

Keeping in mind the background of Sawako and a lot of her actions I never truly found the misunderstandings forced. A little exasperating, sure, since we all want them to be all happy already, but it seems quite believable on the context of the story and the characters.

As for a previous post I read predicting a somber outcome, I have an optimist attitude even though I haven't read the manga. This anime just seems a little too pure to have such a gray outcome after all this time.

Mar 3, 2011 11:28 PM

Sep 2008
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees full Sawakaze insert in my KnT!
I also loved how Mamiko Noto was able to use her words from Jigoku Shoujo, but I guess I loved Kurumi most of all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2011 5:50 AM

Jul 2010
About time it starting going some where, can't wait of the next ep! ^^
Mar 4, 2011 1:40 PM

Sep 2007
Ok, so I got all teary the last 5 minutes of the episode T_T I really wanna watch next week's episode, I mean, I've been wanting to watch that only episode since this season began, and it's almost here now! Kyah~

Mar 4, 2011 1:42 PM

Sep 2008
I am absolutely dreading this next episode. Knowing Kimi ni Todoke, and knowing how romance shows usually play out, it's far too early for the climax to go wrong. I just know that the writers are focusing all their creative energies to come up with a way to make this confession end the wrong way.
Mar 4, 2011 4:43 PM
Apr 2009
I can't wait to see the rage next week.
Mar 4, 2011 5:09 PM

Jan 2011
The episode was great, though I do wish they expanded more on Chizu and Ryuu.
Mar 4, 2011 5:09 PM

Jan 2011
The episode was great, though I do wish they expanded more on Chizu and Ryuu.
Mar 4, 2011 5:34 PM

Nov 2008
Ugh.. This cliffhanger wants me to kill Kyubey in the most horrible death...

Next week: Confession
Somehow I feel like wanting a troll after the depressing episodes...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 4, 2011 6:37 PM

Aug 2008
Why is so slow??? I wonder... and the answer is obvious: becuase it has so charming moment like the next episode.

This will be a 20 minutes of pure awesomeness... Finally!!

And Sawako was wonderful in this episode (so beautiful, charming, supportive... pure beauty). Go Sawako!

And It will be a long week, again.
Mar 4, 2011 7:08 PM

Feb 2011
It's torture waiting another week for the next episode!! It was so amazing saw her running, trying to reach him...the moment has finally came :p
I'm starting to like Kent and Kurumi, they're intriguing characters, very complex.
Chizu and ryo deserve their moment too! Let's try not to forget them :p
hapiness only real, when shared
Mar 4, 2011 10:48 PM

Jan 2009
The buildup was great this episode, and I'm hoping they finally seal the deal next episode!
Mar 5, 2011 3:20 AM

Sep 2009
OMG.. finelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @.@''
THIS was the bast episode so far~~~ ♥
finelly sawako made her feelings clear... TT^TT ~

Confucius said:
One giant cliffhanger

totaly agreed!!! xD

argg... I can't bear waiting~~ ><''
Sorry I'm late. I got lost on the road of life. -Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)
A dropout will beat a genius through hard work. -Rock Lee (Naruto)

Mar 5, 2011 5:07 AM

Nov 2010
I. . . CAN'T. . . WAIT!!!!!!
-for the next episode
o.0
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Feb 22, 2011

157 by Abyss_Souls »»
May 9, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 29, 2011

102 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 25, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 15, 2011

212 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 24, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 25, 2011

149 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 24, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2011

182 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.