Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2011 8:58 AM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
PLOT. PLOT. And more PLOT. Well, this looks to be the calm before the storm before proceeding to the battle we saw in the beginning of episode 1. The fanservice is out of the way (for the most part) and the show is back to moving the pl-- wait, wat a hot springs episode is next?
Mar 3, 2011 10:21 AM

Feb 2011
wish to have a better episode at #9
Sorry For my Bad English ^_^
Mar 3, 2011 10:33 AM

Oct 2010
This episode did a excellent job in being funny with fan service. It also did a amazing job at giving despite the little plot development it had going, a good view of things moving a little towards plot progression. This is all in regards to Houki and her sister Tabane. This being said, I make it officially the new IS my favorite one so far. Thee Aka Tsubaki,

now that looks like a amazing IS!

About Tabane, I love seeing her face in the spoiler
she looks really nice and lively with a small hint of joking around as well as teasing Houki. It looked like in the beginning Tabane was working on something and that something is most likely the new IS above. Tabane’s bunny ears look to be mechanical but how are they connected to her is a good question since I think she can move them depending on her mood. Tabane’s smile is terrific. I like it.

About Houki, it looks like thanks to her speaking with her sister gave us a nice glimpse into development. She looked really irritated at Tabane’s joking around with her. Upon seeing Laura and Ichika wrestling out with Laura being completely naked, Houki’s face in the spoiler
is just unforgettable. She turned into a wrathful person towards all this and I am actually surprised Laura let her hit Ichika. In the end she was so preoccupied with her sister’s conversation that she had, that she never showed up for her beach fun despite being in a swimsuit. Only Chifuyu came to see her on a nice hill with a beautiful sunset. Things are going to start moving. Next episode will most likely introduce Tabane and from there something will move into the intense end we may be getting upon seeing some of it at the beginning of the series’s start. More later.
Avarice said:
PLOT. PLOT. And more PLOT. Well, this looks to be the calm before the storm before proceeding to the battle we saw in the beginning of episode 1. The fanservice is out of the way (for the most part) and the show is back to moving the pl-- wait, wat a hot springs episode is next?
I guess we have the double calm before the final blow out at the end, I was so right that the fight in the beginning was really thee end of this season's series.
Yumekichi11Mar 3, 2011 6:03 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 3, 2011 11:36 AM

Dec 2007
My body was not ready for this episode. Too many HNNNNNNGGGG worthy moments to count, although Laura and her swimsuit stole the show. Also, I approve of the redhead becoming the kouhai character of the show. :3
yakisobapanMar 3, 2011 11:45 AM
Mar 3, 2011 2:02 PM

Oct 2009
Laura MOE!!
Nice Reactions
Jealousy and Embarrasment are the most interesting to watch
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Mar 3, 2011 2:15 PM

Feb 2008
Charliehsv said:
My body was not ready for this episode. Too many HNNNNNNGGGG worthy moments to count, although Laura and her swimsuit stole the show. Also, I approve of the redhead becoming the kouhai character of the show. :3

even that was not enough to salvage this mess. at this point i just want to see it finished so we can move on to better things....
Mar 3, 2011 2:28 PM

Sep 2010
F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-Fanservice.

So Laura is very cute but... she looks like more like a little sister in her swimsuit with her ponytails x_x She was better in her "bad" mode.

So Ichika blushes while seeing his own sister in swimsuit.. what the f...
Mar 3, 2011 2:30 PM

Jul 2010
Charliehsv said:
My body was not ready for this episode.

Ditto that 110%! Even Chifuyu got into it and her swimsuit was like 0_0 (Wowzer).
Mar 3, 2011 2:35 PM

Jun 2009
This show is so ridiculous, but I just can't stop watching it :P And holy crap, Orimura Sensei is so hot.
Mar 3, 2011 3:19 PM

Oct 2009
Seriously, WTF is wrong with this piece of shit "plot".
But... but... I still love this T_T

Mar 3, 2011 3:42 PM

Dec 2009
Ran, Pikachu-Girl and espacially Laura made this episode for me ^^

Ran's appearance was unexpected, but I totally enjoyed it, too bad she is only a side-character.

Laura was just to much hnnngggg in this episode

yuno6.jpg
Mar 3, 2011 3:43 PM

Jul 2010

I watch IS for the PLOT...

not really!

forgive me charlotte, but laura is so loli i cant help myself but stare at her! XD
the week's highlight. LOLI LAURA, twin tail... my nose is bleeding..
darn...

charlotte still is my fave, Sharurotto = win
what is Pi? LOL

down left, what the heck is she doing... ( ゚∇ ゚)

crack is bad for your health, look at what happened to lin and cecilia. lol. yandere eyes...
last words for this week's IS: charlotte and laura = :3

PS: houki's big sis, said "your IS is even match for the white one". Is it Ichika's IS or the IS that they were fighting at episode 1?

chaelmiiMar 4, 2011 3:08 AM
Mar 3, 2011 3:52 PM
Dec 2008
I'm not gonna repeat my overall dislike for the show despite me using it as a time filler while eating dinner but didnt anyone notice the animation quality drop off during the sunscreen part of the episode? I noticed it during the scene when they were in the bikini shop, wasnt too bad, but the oil scene in particular looked really sloppy :(

That being said, YAAY FOR NO FLAT JOKES!!! but....Ichika is quickly becoming my most hated protagonist the more I see him with Charlotte
Mar 3, 2011 3:53 PM

Dec 2010
Wow how ridiculous can this become. Why don't they just stop prentending there's a plot and turn this into hentai. That would actually make it good.
Mar 3, 2011 4:04 PM

Jan 2010
Hmm, does he have a siscom or something?
Mar 3, 2011 4:18 PM

Aug 2010
Charlotte is SO FCKING AWESOME
or should i say "Char"

3/5 for this episode. not that great. Charlotte made this episode quite enjoyable tho
Mar 3, 2011 4:18 PM

Jan 2010
Anyone notice how short Laura is? I could swear she was Ichika's size at some point...Also, if his excuse for being totally oblivious to his harem is some sister complex, I'll really start to question this guy.
ASCItMar 3, 2011 4:52 PM
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Mar 3, 2011 4:26 PM

Dec 2008
We finally see Ran! And she's transferring to the IS school. If only the anime stretched further to accommodate her, as I like her with Ichika (only after Charlotte!, of course)

Am I the only one who thought, when Rin was sinking, "kanashimi no umi ni shizunda watashi, me o akeru no mo okkuu. kono mama doko made mo ochite yuki dare ni mo mitsukerarenai no ka na"?
As in the song "Deap-Sea Girl" or "Shinkai Shoujo" by Miku Hastune? No?
And another comment on this part... how cliche is getting a leg cramp and a guy saving you? Infinite Cliches strikes again
EvidentlyMar 3, 2011 7:49 PM
Mar 3, 2011 4:28 PM

Sep 2008
I wouldn't have enough fingers to count how many times I rolled my eyes this ep...dense male harem leads FTL
Mar 3, 2011 4:38 PM
May 2009
I wonder who that present it for.

Charlotte is awesome like always
Mar 3, 2011 4:38 PM

Apr 2009
so this IS like a mecha show.. they even have a new CHAR.. hehe.. Charlotte FTW!!

and Shinonono Tabane = Yukarin.. YES!! to dat voice..

also, Chifuyu-nee is so damn hot, guess we can't help if somebody's a siscon..

Laura being too cute is kinda disappoint.. i like "bad" Laura more.. i admit to her extreme MOE levels this episode though..

Plot? who cares about it if it's the beach episode..
Mar 3, 2011 4:43 PM

Sep 2009
Well then. That was unexpected. :U
Mar 3, 2011 4:54 PM

Jan 2010
I'm actually starting to think they may be doing this on purpose...what are the chances that this is really a parody anime?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Mar 3, 2011 5:34 PM

Feb 2011
So if what Charlotte said about Ichika is true does that mean that soon we will see him chasing Chifuyu in the ED?

Makes you wonder doesn't it.....
Mar 3, 2011 5:55 PM

Nov 2010
A beach episode with an anime whos cast is made up of basically all females...now this is a filler i can tolerate.
Mar 3, 2011 5:57 PM

Jan 2009
nznznz said:
Wow how ridiculous can this become. Why don't they just stop prentending there's a plot and turn this into hentai. That would actually make it good.

lol i agree
Mar 3, 2011 6:00 PM

Nov 2009
Liked how cute Charlotte was, but didn't like how Laura's personally changed so drastically. She's not even the same person anymore.
Mar 3, 2011 6:00 PM

Jul 2010
werr-y said:
Hmm, does he have a siscom or something?

yeah, probably!
Mar 3, 2011 6:03 PM

Oct 2010
Continuing from last post. This is my personal ranking in the order the characters appear in whom had the best in advantage over enticing Ichika with lust/romance. Obviously Laura is first.

About Laura, oh man and man! She owns this episode simply because of what happened in the spoiler
that of being found by Ichika sleeping next to him naked, waking up naked and playing with him naked whom I think Ichika’s hand had quite a sensation in touching her skin, nipples and most likely her most private spot. There is no doubt it most likely felt it. To think that I wondering at first whose feet were these, only to get trolled by Laura. Despite that I loved her
face when she woke up and marvel at device to summon her IS. Since it is quite unique compared to others that are more common such as earrings (Cecilia) and a necklace (Charlotte). Laura sure got shot trough at all this swimsuit business. Lovely emblem of her HQ. I find it well designed for what it looks like a black rabbit with a machine gun and bullet chain. It is perhaps a little corny that everyone at the base looks like Laura. Perhaps they are all human soldiers engineered artificially. The commander of that HQ was so adorable with her blush. I laughed so hard at her swimsuit suggestion in the spoiler
truly a cliche suggestion but funny nonetheless and that shiny eye of hers. Laura was quite funny at the beach being at first a mummy mummified by bandages. Once she reveals herself in the spoiler
her thighs went to a perfect score and her top is perfect with a score of nice “Bs” IMO or perhaps “Cs” What really stood out most is her pig tails, now I wonder how many went hnnnnnngggg at that one. Her whole swimsuit in the open pic reveals of how it really is charming with the top.

I am guessing that she was so enticed in lala land by Ichika’s comment on her swimsuit that she got the volleyball in her face. Despite that her shy face was the best after her sleepy one in the beginning of the episode. In the end she ran away due to a over emotional shy complex getting worse but came back with a very cute face. Now I find that change of personality a little strange. From a serious nasty evil pain inflicting bitch to something that is amazingly cute, playful and daring is just so sudden. Therefore consistency was missing big time in this.

About Charlotte, now it’s obvious she would be right after Laura. Charlotte at first was really surprised at something but quickly whatever it may be she forgave Ichika by a simple “Hold my Hand” and in regards to that, Ichika had such a ease of doing it that it made it look like they understand each other as well as get along more than other girls. Only Rin equals that so far. Upon hearing Ichika giving her a name other than Charles she got easily into a very nice happy face and had such a nice scene with her imagination of a perfect happy moment with Ichika. So shiny moment. Oh boo to Charlotte for interrupting Ichika talking to Ran. Charlotte was so cute blushing hard because of her embarrassment to change in front of Ichika. Her swimsuit in the spoiler
is nice for a front breast show and back show. It was so hilarious the expressions if Charlotte and Ichika of surprise a la “Uh oh!” when not only the store clerk found them together but Maya with Chifuyu too. OMG you are in shit Ichika by getting a scolding from Maya. Lovely show of breasts from Charlotte as she is getting a hit on the volleyball before it hits ground. Loved Charlotte’s pose as she holds the volleyball. So all in all, Charlotte got a good catch up with all swimsuit changing in front of Ichika while in the booth, all this to hide from Ichika’s stalkers.
Rest in spoiler
About preview, oh great finally going to see the live version of that new IS. I am not so sure what is going to happen in that room judging by the shaking happening but Cecilia is going to be involved in it so I wonder. Most of all Tanabe! Yes! Her bust may rival Maya but those bunny ears are nice!
Yumekichi11Mar 3, 2011 8:33 PM

Mar 3, 2011 6:14 PM

May 2010
Wtf he likes his sister too?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 3, 2011 6:35 PM
Aug 2007
I guess we will have to refer to Charlotte now as "the Red Comet"
Mar 3, 2011 6:52 PM

Jul 2010
Ranger_Chris61 said:

why? i dont get it.
Mar 3, 2011 6:52 PM

Dec 2008
nznznz said:

I have to agree! This was totally ridiculous. Laura's voice and personality have totally changed...just like Cecelia's did in the beginning.

Ichika being oblivious to what's going on around him is just making me crazy!

WTF is going on with the plot?? Have the writers forgotten about the unmanned drone that attacked Ichika and that fanged girl several eps back? Can we get back to that please???
Mar 3, 2011 7:09 PM
Aug 2007
chaelmi said:
Ranger_Chris61 said:

why? i dont get it.

Becuase she goes by Char now.
Mar 3, 2011 7:38 PM

Feb 2011
A nice beach episode though the animation was really bad on Cecilia during the one part with the oil. Charlotte goes by Char, I admit gundam popped into my mind. Laura changed so much that I hope I can get used to it in time for the end. She also looked really different with the twin-tails.
Mar 3, 2011 7:55 PM

Jan 2009
Very bad animation in this episode but quite funny. Charlotte = Char. LOL
Mar 3, 2011 7:59 PM

Jun 2010
NO I WILL NO ACCEPT IT. Ichika does not have a sister complex. Also I DID NOT expect Houki's sister to be like that. Completely the opposite of what I thought. Ever since Ichika saved Laura, her personality has COMPLETELY changed. She doesn't have that aura that says she is the best. Now she is this little girl, who tries to make Ichika happy...like Rin and Cecelia.

And also what was with that beach clothe. That was like a pikachu or wolf suit.

Mar 3, 2011 8:08 PM
May 2009
13man18 said:
NO I WILL NO ACCEPT IT. Ichika does not have a sister complex. Also I DID NOT expect Houki's sister to be like that. Completely the opposite of what I thought. Ever since Ichika saved Laura, her personality has COMPLETELY changed. She doesn't have that aura that says she is the best. Now she is this little girl, who tries to make Ichika happy...like Rin and Cecelia.

And also what was with that beach clothe. That was like a pikachu or wolf suit.

Laura became the Cecilia 2.0 with the whole personality change
Mar 3, 2011 8:26 PM

May 2009
Laura made a 180.
Houki didnt even get a chance to seduce Ichika
Rin almost DROWNED!
Cecilia punched Ichika
Charlotte got a nickname and held Ichikas hand.

I think Char won this round
Mar 3, 2011 8:29 PM

Aug 2010
Wow this is probably the worst episode of any anime that I have ever watched. I'm completely astounded by the fact that it's even possible to be this bad. Nothing but filler fan-service (at the beach nonetheless), characters that have a completely new personality and Ichika who is oblivious to the fact that every girl wants his wonder wand. His idiocy reminds of whaterever-his-name-was from School Days. I want to die now.
Mar 3, 2011 9:01 PM

Oct 2010
Yanderes!! <3

Perhaps the best fan-service episode I have ever seen. No mushycrap cheesiness, so I didn't even make an imprint of my face on the table from headdesking! Every day is great when I don't kill a quarter of my brains cells doing that.

Once again Laura and Charlotte take center stage.

Laura= Cold personality + rare Deredereness = Win

Charlotte = Innocent girl + Comspiring temptress = Win

So full of win.
Mar 3, 2011 9:03 PM

Aug 2009
Typical fanservice-y beach fun; kinda generic, but I've seen a lot worse. Laura's personality switch is still a bit drastic, but I'll give her some leeway just because she was so dang cute. Just about everyone else got a piece of Ichika action as well, except for Houki.

Speaking of which, someone needs to cut that girl a break already. She's still my favorite out of all of the girls and it kinda sucks that her role as tsundere/childhood friend more or less relegates her as the straight man to everyone else's more aggressive approach.

With regards to Charlotte's nickname, just add it to the other Gundam references in this show.
Ha-cha!
Mar 3, 2011 9:10 PM

Oct 2010
Confucius said:
Although hard to believe, I think he might have a sister complex despite lots of refusal may I ask what other reason he has for reacting the way he did to seeing Chifuyu in a swimsuit. I highly doubt it is appreciation anymore.

Mar 3, 2011 9:17 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Confucius said:
Although hard to believe, I think he might have a sister complex despite lots of refusal may I ask what other reason he has for reacting the way he did to seeing Chifuyu in a swimsuit. I highly doubt it is appreciation anymore.

I think in this case it's more of shock from not being used to seeing her in that state of (un)dress. Sort of an "objectively speaking, my sister's pretty hot" kinda thing.
Ha-cha!
Mar 3, 2011 9:48 PM

Oct 2010
LightningRamiel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Confucius said:

I think in this case it's more of shock from not being used to seeing her in that state of (un)dress. Sort of an "objectively speaking, my sister's pretty hot" kinda thing.
OK you got me that, I will agree with you. It could be a good reason. Maybe since Chifuyu was always busy he never got the chance to see her in a swimsuit. I see what you think there.

Mar 3, 2011 9:54 PM

Nov 2010
Scytheboy813 said:
Laura made a 180.
Houki didnt even get a chance to seduce Ichika
Rin almost DROWNED!
Cecilia punched Ichika
Charlotte got a nickname and held Ichikas hand.

I think Char won this round

Agreed. I think Team Char got a victory out of this one, with Laura a close 2nd. I dont know but he just seems more...active or something around her.
Mar 3, 2011 9:56 PM

Nov 2010
Not usually a fan of fanservice only episodes (hated ep.8 of Freezing for example) but damn was this episode so HNNNNNNNGGG!!

One of the best episodes although I am terribly saddened by the lack of Houki! Chalotte looked the best in her swim suit.

Damn Ichika your such a dunce! Go for Char char
Mar 3, 2011 10:18 PM
Apr 2010
heheheheheheh..... they got BUSTED!!!

Mar 3, 2011 10:32 PM

Sep 2010
Funniest episode yet , I didn't really see it as to much fanservice just a swimsuit episode with hilarious harem fights.

About laura why is she nervous about showing her swimsuit ,but not her naked body.

About Celia why is she upset he say her boobs but wanted him to rub her ass?
Mar 3, 2011 10:39 PM

Jul 2010
Villetta_Nu said:
nznznz said:
I have to agree! This was totally ridiculous. Laura's voice and personality have totally changed...just like Cecelia's did in the beginning.

Ichika being oblivious to what's going on around him is just making me crazy!

WTF is going on with the plot?? Have the writers forgotten about the unmanned drone that attacked Ichika and that fanged girl several eps back? Can we get back to that please???
And it's not just Laura and Cecelia; Charlotte, whom was kind of sweet and innocent before, is now showing jealousy over Ichika (for God who knows why..) just like every other female lead in this show.

Need we say anymore about Ichika? He's already one of the biggest retards in anime history.

As for the plot, I think the writings forgot it existed while they were busy drooling over the characters they'd just drawn.

But seriously, come on, after 9 episodes of nothing we have episode 10 coming up with... more nothing. Now you just watch they'll throw a season 2 at us. >_>
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Inarius - Jan 20, 2011

212 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 24, 12:51 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

194 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 22, 3:26 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

293 by il887 »»
Aug 12, 3:34 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

165 by il887 »»
Aug 11, 6:20 PM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.