Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 14, 2011 11:46 PM

Nov 2010
Gangler said:
]Well shit. That does sound pretty painful. As much as I love the series, if you're 38 episodes in and you're still waiting for it to get good I'd recommend bailing. Promises of badassery to come are only worth so much. I mean, obviously you'll do what you want to do, and evidently you're quite interested in what is to come, but it sounds pretty unreasonable to still be waiting. At the very least it sounds like the kind of thing where I'd catch up once we got there and the reports started coming in, rather than coming back week by week hoping to find myself closer to the good part.

This being said, I've noticed that each of the arcs generally starts off with a relatively short slice of life segment, that ends up leading to the actual plot of the story arc. The moment it switches from slice of life to shonen action is often remarkably visible and sudden. Touma finds Misaka's sister dead in an alleyway and is confronted by large numbers of lookalikes. A mage specializing in golems starts terrorizing the city. The nun we recently met is found outside of Touma's apartment bleeding to death with a suspicious wizard nearby. I feel that this arc has the most visible moment yet. Walking down the street having a casual conversation, suddenly sniper shots start going off and they're attacked by an armed assailant, immediately a warship of ice arises from the river and carries them off to join a hostile armada. Slice of life time's over folks, with a crash and a bang Mr slice of life conspicuously leaves the room. So if it's just the slice of life portion of the show you dislike you should be good for another few episodes now.

wow....very well said o.O
Jan 14, 2011 11:59 PM

Oct 2010
index being detained at the airport was so funny XD
Jan 15, 2011 12:17 AM

Nov 2008
Hold the rotatives.... did Orsola have an actual ass? In a show by JC Staff? Impressive. And about time, too. Shame Itsuwa is completely flat on the back.

Anyway. arc's setting off pretty good. Loved Agnese and seeing her back is great. Index is being cute AND helpful, and best of all, NO MIKOTO (Except for the obligatory Ship Tease scene to keep her fanboys quiet). Can't wait for next week, dammit!
Jan 15, 2011 12:18 AM

Sep 2010
Man, I was hoping for the new OP :(
New ED song is decent.

I just want more Misaka.
200th post ^_^
Jan 15, 2011 12:29 AM

Dec 2007
Ugh, some of that Italian made my ears bleed. XD
Not much to say about this episode, except that Index isn't being useless for once. I was pretty much "Wtf is this" when the first ship just appeared out of nowhere, but it was actually quite cool when the whole armada turned up.
Jan 15, 2011 12:39 AM

May 2009
Wasabi said:
I know it's a slow moving plot. It's just ridiculous to have to watch episodes waste valuable time to showcase Misaka's boring deredere moments or Index's retarded biting moments or Touma being stupid trying to figuring what door to open. If it wasn't for people saying the later overarching stories are absolute badassery, I would've dropped it a long ass time ago.

That's the anime's selling point and novel's slice of life moments just as Gangler said:

Gangler said:
]Slice of life time's over folks, with a crash and a bang Mr slice of life conspicuously leaves the room. So if it's just the slice of life portion of the show you dislike you should be good for another few episodes now.

After this arc the last few episodes around 3-4? will be the one you've waiting for.. total badassery, gory scenes and mindfuck characters, so please people be patient and don't rant about it. There are people who enjoys watching this moments and people who are like you do not ^_^"

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Jan 15, 2011 2:20 AM

Feb 2008
just made some really fast scan of the novels, and it seems this arc will be quite short... might only have one or two more episodes before the next arc...

also,

Touma sure is one damn lucky bastard... always surrounded by loli girls, and suddenly wins a weeklong vacation abroad...

Academy City sure is generous.. VERY generous...
Jan 15, 2011 2:27 AM

Sep 2009
So much for his vacation.

So far I like this arc. The different setting is a nice change of pace.
Jan 15, 2011 2:37 AM
Dec 2009
İt's a good arc and loved the İtsuwa and Agnese.

But i kinda bored from magic world. İ don't know if they are showing magic because of there was a lot of science in the first season but where the hell is Accelarator?

Two bathrooms... two fanservice... and my friend that was a clever fanservice..
When Touma getting more stupid is he gets more powerfull? That fight with coming from water guy he was kinda fast and furious...Loved it!
Jan 15, 2011 2:56 AM

Aug 2009
probably get a new OP on episode 17. I think it was the same last season.
Jan 15, 2011 2:56 AM

Oct 2009
Well, boy I'm glad the last arc is finally over.

Back to the To Aru Majutsu no Index I love.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2011 3:22 AM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:
Holy shit half of this episode was just completely unnecessary and useless. The bathroom scene was just ridiculously facepalmy. Is Touma really that fucking stupid?
It would seem he always end up bringing stupidity to a whole new level^^
Which in this case was a good thing though, because Orsola really got fine nun ass (^.^)

But the last few minutes was just plain ridiculous... a underwater fleet of massive glass ships -.-'
Someone must be smoking a bit too strung stuff to come up with that idea.
Jan 15, 2011 3:51 AM

Feb 2010
this ep was funny
Jan 15, 2011 4:52 AM

Mar 2010
Good EP and the new ED is awesome as well, but still... for me the first season was better compared to this, mabye because of Accelerator, I dunno, but he should get more screentime.
Jan 15, 2011 5:38 AM

May 2009
SineBirYan said:
İ don't know if they are showing magic because of there was a lot of science in the first season but where the hell is Accelarator?

Daisuken said:
for me the first season was better compared to this, mabye because of Accelerator, I dunno, but he should get more screentime.

After this arc, enjoy Accelerator along with Last Order <3 and Misaka's punishment game with Touma, along with MISAKA no. 10032 and Index on the next arc all you want because it'll be the final, the branch road between the path of Light(Touma) and Darkness(Accelerator) D:

RocknRollOtaku said:
Also you would kinda expect the Venetians or the Italian navy would wake up and notice giant ice ships destroying Venice.

It's Chioggia that has been partly destroyed not Venice. Just to cut out the confusion :D

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Jan 15, 2011 6:04 AM
Nov 2009
agent535 said:
quite an enjoyable episode.. really amde me laugh...

Orsola - oh yeah!! 5/5
Orsola, naked - fuck yeah!! 6/5
Touma, realizing he should've knocked - lol 5/5
Itsuwa - another fuck yeah!! 5/5
Agnese - yet another fuck yeah!! 5/5
Spanish Armada-like fleet-from-under-the-sea - awesome. 4/5

old OP, new ED... latter looks very good..

Index will start getting even better from here... plus, there's an epic loli harem in this arc...

^+1
Jan 15, 2011 6:33 AM

Jan 2010
i always think why do people in anime dont lock their bathroom doors ?
[its like they are doing it on purpose ors some thing]
Jan 15, 2011 8:17 AM

Jan 2010
Touma "loli punch" use on some guy, this is wrong!!!!!
Jan 15, 2011 9:08 AM

Jun 2008
DuroDeMatar said:
Touma is a misfortunate guy, lol xD

I know right. Oh! the misfortune.

Touma you've must have made a mistake. The guy might have long hair but that's not a woman you are punching.

Touma - "I must remember to knock".
Yeah right. Who are you kidding.
Jan 15, 2011 10:29 AM

Feb 2009
Monad said:
So much win. Bonus points for not posting Index ^^

For a nun, Orsola's merchandise are very pronounced in her outfit.
And what is up with Agnesse's clothes. Ever heard of a change of clothes.
Not really sure what's going to happen with this new arc but I hope it's interesting.

Lol Touma
Jan 15, 2011 11:01 AM

Oct 2009
Eternal_Shield said:
i always think why do people in anime dont lock their bathroom doors ?
[its like they are doing it on purpose ors some thing]

I don't even see a lock on the doors ;P
Jan 15, 2011 11:31 AM

May 2010
Agnese is back !!Guess this time she might not want to get on Touma's bad side.

Jan 15, 2011 12:03 PM

Sep 2008
YEX said:
Agnese is back !!Guess this time she might not want to get on Touma's bad side.

Oh. My. God. Worst spoiler ever. You just killed the entire series for me. There's "Snape killed Dumbledore" and then there's this! >:|
Jan 15, 2011 3:05 PM

Dec 2009
Index 2 still entertains me very good every week^^
yuno6.jpg
Jan 15, 2011 3:51 PM

Apr 2010
Aezile said:
SineBirYan said:
İ don't know if they are showing magic because of there was a lot of science in the first season but where the hell is Accelarator?

Daisuken said:
for me the first season was better compared to this, mabye because of Accelerator, I dunno, but he should get more screentime.

After this arc, enjoy Accelerator along with Last Order <3 and Misaka's punishment game with Touma, along with MISAKA no. 10032 and Index on the next arc all you want because it'll be the final, the branch road between the path of Light(Touma) and Darkness(Accelerator) D:
Last season was indeed better.
And i agree with you that more Accelerator might improve it but there is one major character which we seen way to little of.
Which might improve this season even more.
And that is Kanzaki she needs much more screen time!

One good thing is that there was more Kuroko this season tho.
Jan 15, 2011 4:09 PM

Apr 2008
Them roman catholics obviously didn't make giant unmelting ice ships underwater and raise them up. So those ships are obviously magical.

Shouldn't touma's hand have just instantly disintegrated the ship when he touched it?
Jan 15, 2011 4:21 PM

Sep 2009
oh Touma, you "unfortunate" bastard X3...seeing both Orsola and Index naked...again

lmao, and the "knock to get an answer" part was just silly and amusing :))

and at the end...that loli nun....

Touma...the loli puncher! Coming to punch a loli near you!

YES, I can't wait to see the next ep! >:D
Jan 15, 2011 5:37 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah, how is Touma unfortunate again? I mean, really. So many naked women at a time. I'm starting to think he's not into girls or something. I really am.

I do question why the boats are still up if Touma's hand's touched it. Must be some kind of uber magic made specifically to work despite being touched.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 15, 2011 5:56 PM

Dec 2009

Hell yes, Index should get more opportunities to use her skills.
Those are always my favourite scenes \o/
Jan 15, 2011 6:13 PM

Oct 2008
I was wondering how they would get to Italy. I'm so happy that they've reached this arc. There are some epic arcs ahead. This one started out great. Seeing Orsola and Agnes again.
Jan 15, 2011 7:02 PM

May 2008
Rie is back again? so who is the bad guys this time? the same ppl?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 15, 2011 8:31 PM

Apr 2010
tbh the show is slowly becoming ridiculous for me.. fanservice is getting out of hand and what's with these unbelievable coincidences of meeting up with characters from previous arc when you're traveling abroad.. o_O

new ED didn't made much of an impression with me, the 1st one was still better..

only 2 things I enjoyed this episode: Touma getting all worrywart about the unexpected turn of his misfortune into good luck and Itsuwa's cute short appearance..
Jan 15, 2011 8:38 PM

Sep 2008
tinman21 said:
tbh the show is slowly becoming ridiculous for me.. fanservice is getting out of hand and what's with these unbelievable coincidences of meeting up with characters from previous arc when you're traveling abroad.. o_O

new ED didn't made much of an impression with me, the 1st one was still better..

only 2 things I enjoyed this episode: Touma getting all worrywart about the unexpected turn of his misfortune into good luck and Itsuwa's cute short appearance..
Lol. I liked that part too. Touma being a worry wart in particular was fun because with that he finally had been shown to experience every symptom of Masochistic personality disorder. Seriously. It's like the perfect formula for awesome heroes. It made batman awesome, and now it has finished working it's magic on Touma as well.
Jan 15, 2011 9:01 PM

Jul 2010
arif85124 said:
Kazejimonji said:
judging by the last few minutes, this arc is gonna end with another loli being punched.... the joys of recycling storylines...

touma loli punch win :)

This and I would love to see get her another punch.

I wonder why we have another Roman catholic arc in Italy.

I want to see misaka-chan and her mother. <__<
Han-yuuJan 15, 2011 9:14 PM
Jan 15, 2011 9:21 PM

Oct 2010
More complains, the fan service completely wasted my time, I absolutely get sweet fuck all seeing naked bodies of nuns and I had the same BS problem with Seikon except it had other girls that were fine and lolis. I can't get even into Index hentai magazines so forget about any stupid nun fan service in this series. Other than that, what Wasabi said in the spoiler
I preferred although short, the fan service of Komoe in the spoiler
Aside from that the beginning was hilarious! At first I was like all happy for Touma x Misaka that is until Shirai hit him and I laughed so hard it's incredible really! Italy itself was well shown in general do wonder if it was faithfully reproduced? Wonder if any Otaku will make a pilgrimage since one did already so with Sora no Woto. Liked hearing the Italian language since I took some classes in College of that language and learned to appreciate it. Index's
bitting looked she had vampire fangs but regardless it was a funny bit. Seeing Itsuwa from the Amakusa was nice too. Nice action of Touma, approved to take down one nasty guy.

In the end all those ships looked like Christopher Columbus style ones but of all the joy was to see more Rie in the form of Agnese:

that was so much joy and her dress reveals parts of her body. I don't know why but Agnese is the only nun I don't mind seeing some fan service as long as it goes not overboard like at that camp site. Seeing that Angelene will be back makes me happy but does it mean Lucia too? In any case nice episode apart from how retarded Touma was at some points and the fan service. Got to say that I can't wait to see more Agnese and Angelene. Looks like the plot is getting deeper with the Amakusas and of all things Agnese joining them.
Yumekichi11Jan 15, 2011 9:26 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 15, 2011 10:37 PM
Nov 2009
Touma just can't seem to get a break, his life is too eventful.
Jan 16, 2011 1:38 AM

Nov 2010
arif85124 said:
Kazejimonji said:
judging by the last few minutes, this arc is gonna end with another loli being punched.... the joys of recycling storylines...

touma loli punch win :)

Man I can't believe Majutsu has not got any complaints for depicting abuse towards women. Also good to see Index biting Touma's head. I was afraid she stopped doing that.
Jan 16, 2011 7:11 AM

Feb 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

that was so much joy and her dress reveals parts of her body. I don't know why but Agnese is the only nun I don't mind seeing some fan service as long as it goes not overboard like at that camp site.

well, we do get A LOT of Index fanservice, despite her being a nun.. plus, imo Agnese is hotter than Index..

oh btw,

RocknRollOtaku said:

Man I can't believe Majutsu has not got any complaints for depicting abuse towards women. Also good to see Index biting Touma's head. I was afraid she stopped doing that.

there were before, mainly because of Touma hitting Agnese twice...

but we don't complain 'bout it anymore, instead we all wish for some more loli punch from Touma... at least he can do something better than memorizing monologues...

talk about MOTHERFUCKING EQUALITY..
Jan 16, 2011 7:42 AM

Jul 2009
Dude. Orsola is hawt.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 16, 2011 8:28 AM
Jun 2010
Charliehsv said:

YEAH. I was ready to hang myself. It's not only the pronunciation, whole sentences were wrong.
Jan 16, 2011 8:38 AM

Sep 2008
agent535 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

RocknRollOtaku said:

there were before, mainly because of Touma hitting Agnese twice...

but we don't complain 'bout it anymore, instead we all wish for some more loli punch from Touma... at least he can do something better than memorizing monologues...

talk about MOTHERFUCKING EQUALITY..

Indeed. I'm pretty sure the people who had the biggest problems with the whole woman punching thing just dropped the series eventually. I say whatever. If they view women as somehow sacred to the point that they can't be struck even to save lives, then that's really more indicative of some manner of deep issues on their end rather than sexist views held by the Index fans.
Jan 16, 2011 8:38 AM

Oct 2010
agent535 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

that was so much joy and her dress reveals parts of her body. I don't know why but Agnese is the only nun I don't mind seeing some fan service as long as it goes not overboard like at that camp site.
well, we do get A LOT of Index fanservice, despite her being a nun.. plus, imo Agnese is hotter than Index..
oh btw,
Really? Is the costume's name or a function of it to be called like that? Regardless it does quite a good job of showing her chest partially.
Dareus said:
Charliehsv said:
YEAH. I was ready to hang myself. It's not only the pronunciation, whole sentences were wrong.
What? what? The phrases were wrong? It looked at least formed well to me and pronunciation wise it was not that much off but do enlighten me Italian speakers here? You may also inform me if they reproduced the Italian scenery, I am curious as to if it is faithful to IRL Italy.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 16, 2011 10:05 AM

Feb 2010
I'm on a boat.

And what the hell was that uniform agnese was wearing. LOL
Jan 16, 2011 12:40 PM

Mar 2008
So even in Italy, Touma is not lucky? ;)
But at least he managed to see Orsola naked^^ What a fuc**** hot body! :D
Jan 16, 2011 3:44 PM

Nov 2007
he really is unfortunate, a nice Italy vacation becomes..... more fighting magicians, crazy iceboats, and that bathroom shenanigans.

I think it's too soon for Orsola and all this again, they had time the arc before last but whatever I guess. Orsola fan service was kinda nice.
Jan 16, 2011 4:53 PM

Sep 2008
mystik said:
he really is unfortunate, a nice Italy vacation becomes..... more fighting magicians, crazy iceboats, and that bathroom shenanigans.

I think it's too soon for Orsola and all this again, they had time the arc before last but whatever I guess. Orsola fan service was kinda nice.

I just have to check. Is your complaint... that the plot is moving too fast? Because that would be a new one.
Jan 16, 2011 5:25 PM
Jan 2011
blahrgness said:
Them roman catholics obviously didn't make giant unmelting ice ships underwater and raise them up. So those ships are obviously magical.

Shouldn't touma's hand have just instantly disintegrated the ship when he touched it?

JoJo10Jan 16, 2011 9:21 PM
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Jan 17, 2011 5:46 AM

Apr 2010
Naked nun and naked loli!!! He's in heaven!!! Orsola is so hot :D

Ice boats vs Italian destroyers and submarines would be great!
Jan 17, 2011 8:16 AM

Jan 2009
Tl;dr wat
New ED is okay, previous one was better, the OP is still awesome.
And lolAgnese. She can't get enough of Touma's punches, eh?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 17, 2011 8:27 AM

Jul 2010
i was wondering if magicians are invisible from real world, because in gakuen city i never saw citizens real involvement with magicians. (not to mention espers) also now in italy a big ice ship suddenly appear in a street and there was no one else to notice. where is italy security forces. lol

oh i remembered, in last arc of Index 1, Academy city forces attacked that big golem but they never realized its magic. maybe espers also got power like that.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.