Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 30, 2010 1:41 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
ReaperEXE said:
Rinso said:
Oh, a "deus ex machina" ending.
Indeed. I think I would have preferred a troll ending, or even an ambiguous restart of the Future Diary Game so that there's an infinite loop.

I would have preferred they just left it at the "original" ending and not done the after-credit business.

Still give it a 7/10 (which is a good score for me). I'll miss not reading this, even if the last half-dozen chapters have been kinda WTF.
Dec 30, 2010 4:45 PM

Oct 2010
lolwat
Happy End? In my Mirai Nikki? Bullshit.

Yuki never gave a fuck about Yuno. What is this shit?

Still 8/10 because I never really liked Mirai Nikki anyway. It was always a poor man's Death Note.

I'll miss my monthly dose of Yuno though. ;_;
Dec 30, 2010 8:14 PM

Apr 2009
moogo-ONEESAMAAA said:
lolwat

This is all I have to say about that...
ReaperEXEDec 30, 2010 8:17 PM
Dec 31, 2010 1:16 AM

Oct 2010
Good ending, not the greatest, but good. Glad to see it end on a happy note. Except I do love my unhappy endings sometimes. I just only really felt bad for Akise. I know he technically was created but I still believe he can feel things for himself and it was just sad to see him get a bad ending. He was actually like the only one that got a fucked up ending. And he was my favorite too. . .
Dec 31, 2010 3:31 AM

Jun 2009
Dairy said:
YUNO SMASHED
THE WALL OF
SPACE-TIME WITH
A HAMMER!
Should have just ended it there.

Going to read Hoshi no Samidare now...

Rinso said:
ubergeneral said:
I really think it was great because those last few chapters really built up the relationship between yuki and yuno.
ReaperEXE said:
moogo-ONEESAMAAA said:
lolwat

This is all I have to say about that...
deus sex machina?
DrHouseDec 31, 2010 3:48 AM
Dec 31, 2010 12:08 PM

Feb 2009
The ending just didn't feel right with me, I wish it had ended in a more mysterious way. That was what this manga was about mystery, betrayal, that's what kept me glued. Happy ending doesn't fit at all after all that we've seen.

8/10
Jan 1, 2011 5:30 AM

Feb 2007
I want a slice of life anime about Minene, Nishajima, and their flying babies RIGHT NOW.

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that the last chapter continued to make me go, "what is this I don't even" every few pages.

Mirai Nikki gets away with the deus ex machina ending, if only because I was annoyed at Yuki for doing nothing for 10000 years. Seemed like a reset back to how he was at the start. But I guess after 10000 years of no Yuno, no parents, no friends (even if he did recreate the world I assume he couldn't create any of the people he knew), he's suffered long enough.

Have to agree with the majority, the manga lost steam at the end. I said it before, the content was good, the execution was poor. 7/10
Jan 1, 2011 7:51 AM

Dec 2007
(-_-)

^
Is all I have to say about this ending. How can anyone actually be satisfied with this?
Jan 1, 2011 7:49 PM

Jul 2009
Oh my what an ending...7/10
Jan 1, 2011 10:56 PM

May 2009
Chapter 1-50 get's 9/10, while 51-59 gets 6/10. So overall...8/10 ;P
Jan 2, 2011 9:38 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Haha, a good one, definitely a deus ex ending lol.

To me, all this alternate universe and time thing made more sense than a bunch of psychos killing each other. The beginning of the Mirai Nikki was quite boring, honestly speaking. It all became good after 30 chapters or so.

Other than the fact that Yuki is quite stupid and Yuno too broken (mentally). The rest of the cast were quite enjoyable. Dunno why some people found it confusing. It was pretty clear. I mean, what do you expect in a series with people who can read into the people and god dying and shit? Anything can happen. The ending seems just as plausible to me as anything else and good joke by the author. (Deus EX Machina Ending!!!)

1-30 = 7/10
31-50 = 8/10
end = 9/10

So end results matter. 9/10.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 3, 2011 2:55 AM

Oct 2009
epic troll ending is epic.It kinda reminded me of wayne's World. Also we should make a meme of the flying babies.
Jan 3, 2011 3:37 AM

Mar 2010
I hated that ending...They should of just left it there before she magically finds a way to smash to his world....Him hating himself every day forever seems much more fitting for this series than the puking rainbow ending.

Jan 3, 2011 8:04 AM

Feb 2010
AmonDevilman said:
epic troll ending is epic.It kinda reminded me of wayne's World. Also we should make a meme of the flying babies.
Na, this is much better.
Jan 3, 2011 5:13 PM

May 2009
...well I'm a sucker for happy endings so I *kind of* liked it.

but there's still something that bothers me: Why wasn't Yuki declared the winner by the 2nd world's Muru immediately? and didn't the mayor say there wasn't a game in the 3rd world, so how can 3rd Yuno be God??!

It would have made more sense for me if the 1st world's Yuno (the one we all love) didn't die since she was already God so she and 2nd Yuki could live happily in 3rd world as Gods!!!
Jan 3, 2011 9:09 PM
May 2009
_Neeka said:
Good ending, not the greatest, but good. Glad to see it end on a happy note. Except I do love my unhappy endings sometimes. I just only really felt bad for Akise. I know he technically was created but I still believe he can feel things for himself and it was just sad to see him get a bad ending. He was actually like the only one that got a fucked up ending. And he was my favorite too. . .

akise did get a good ending. He always existed before deus "made" him. Since deus can't make a soul tomake akise he had to start with something. In the 3rd world he is normal and it's implyed that he's with 6th.

Also notice how Hinata and Mao are looking at each other? Yuri end comfirmed.
Jan 4, 2011 2:55 PM

Sep 2010
it was a weak ending.

Jan 5, 2011 6:03 AM

Jun 2009
herox3 said:
But then they gave the Biscuit Hammer to Yuno...

lol and I thought I was the only one who immediatly thought of Samidare :D

All in all it was an okay manga. It started really good, but it rapidly went downhill and I had to keep rating this down. Now it got a solid 7...
Too bad, there was so much potential. But the last couple of dozen chapters were just so confusing and sometimes downright ridiculous.

Oh well...
Jan 5, 2011 9:41 PM

Mar 2008
I felt so trolled when Yuno broke into the second world. What in the hell, man?!

But I'm satisfied...I guess. I expected it to end depressingly, though.
Jan 8, 2011 4:28 PM

Oct 2009
ReaperEXE said:
Rinso said:
Indeed. I think I would have preferred a troll ending, or even an ambiguous restart of the Future Diary Game so that there's an infinite loop.

Totally of topic, but if you like such an "infinite loop"- ending, go read After School Nightmare. You'll be pleased.
Jan 8, 2011 4:35 PM

Oct 2009
Dam, what are half of you guys being so hateful for?
I mean I liked the derpessing ending and the happy ending. But moreover, I loved this manga. And actually, I would love the people that say that this story full of plotholes to tell me where I can find them. Cause I don't see them.
Jan 15, 2011 10:48 PM

Jan 2009
BlueYoshi said:
I want a slice of life anime about Minene, Nishajima, and their flying babies RIGHT NOW.

This, so much this.
Jan 20, 2011 11:33 PM

Aug 2008
...What? Also Deus Ex Machina trope, ending, and character show up in the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2011 3:57 PM

Sep 2008
chapters 1-58: 10/10
chapter 59: 5/10

Forced ending but nice serie.
Now I want an anime :)
Jan 24, 2011 3:13 PM

Sep 2010
10/10 due to my love of the 'happy ending'. It had some major plot holes...and some really bad story at the end.. but it was GOOD nonetheless.
Jan 25, 2011 2:46 PM

Apr 2007
lolwut?

Jan 31, 2011 12:11 AM

Dec 2008
i finished this manga in a continuosly 12 hrs and i give it 11/10
Feb 2, 2011 10:03 PM
Nov 2009
mind blow
Feb 3, 2011 1:00 AM

Sep 2008
I guess I'm one of those people who didn't hate the ending.

10/10 from me cause I've been reading this manga for over 3 years and it's grown on me too much.
Feb 10, 2011 1:03 PM

Sep 2008
Kyzix said:
I think I would have been satisfied with the ending when Yuno said, "I think I am forgetting something."

Couldn't agree more. It was crazy and awesome until they ruined it with the end. That was like a volcano erupting all types of cheese... >.>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2011 11:03 PM

May 2008
Rhypo-oniichan said:

THIS..

Well seriously....I like how the domino effect have done in the game...and the DEUS-ex-machina ending made it more happier...XD

10/10

Feb 21, 2011 9:15 PM

Nov 2007
I don't even know what to say. the world ending sucked, everyone dying sucked. the 3rd world didn't bring everyone back it just changed things. bah...
Feb 23, 2011 3:04 PM

May 2009
Kyzix said:
I think I would have been satisfied with the ending when Yuno said, "I think I am forgetting something."
Either this or an infinite game loop would've worked well, too. A happy ending is exactly the opposite of what I was hoping for. It just doesn't fit. 7/10

Also, I'm still a bit confused about Yuno's past. Her parents were supposedly mistreating her, but in one of the last few chapters, they jumped in and saved her. It's possible that her dad was innocent (in the sense that he didn't physically abuse her), since Yuno mentions that her mom falls deeper into depression and her dad spends all day at work. But that still leaves the reason why her mom would jump in to protect her hanging. Was she caught up in the moment and all of a sudden decided to become a good parent? Maybe I missed something.
Feb 27, 2011 8:56 PM
Oct 2008
I don't get why people hate the ending so much. I personally like the ending. An "endless loop" or "restart of the game" would have been to obvious and stupid of an ending. Honestly, the whole manga gets based off of an endless loop of Yuno trying to get together with Yuki, and then just have the manga keep going in this sad little circle? That's quite lame.

It's good that they were able to bring about an end to the loop. To put this in perspective, this manga is somewhat like Donny Darko (The Movie) in the mulitple universe/endless loop way. Donnie has to find a way to end the time loop, and he does. The movie would have blown ass if they ended it with him not being successful.

Similarly, this manga would have blown ass if they had done something as lazy as just keep the game/sad endless loop going.

Avalongus, as for Yuno's past, the Death God Yuno who was about to kill Regular Yuno went back in time at the wrong time. We never got to see the mistreatment because Death God Yuno went to far back in time, she even says this. The Mistreatment would have happened later in time.

The fact that people are saying that the manga sucks after "Akise dies" or "everyone dies" etc, just proves how good this manga is. It proves that the writer was able to get everyone deeply involved in the manga emotionally. I too like the character of Akise and of course it's sad that Yuki's friends all die and that all the diary holders (well, some) die. But it was done in a good way that benefited the story.

We can't have everything be happy all the time or even most of the time. This wasn't marketed as a happy boy manga :) (Ironic though it is that it's placed in the genre of Shounen, even though it's as violent as it is)
Mar 3, 2011 3:11 PM

Aug 2010
Not the kind of ending i expected but still, how were minene's offspring flying? Could be Deus powers still flowing through her.
Mar 5, 2011 4:05 PM

Dec 2010
"10000 years later..."

^ when i saw this, *facepalm*
Mar 22, 2011 8:48 AM

Sep 2010
It just seemed really ridiculous in the ending, like a fan fiction there.

Mar 24, 2011 1:11 PM

Apr 2007
Not amazing, but not absolute shit either. 5/10
Mar 24, 2011 3:27 PM

Oct 2009
The love between Yukiteru and Yuno is what bothered me throughout the whole thing. It felt very forced from the beginning to the middle; then it was a little more understanding towards the end, but I still just don't get it. It was almost like an excuse throughout the story (this happened because of their love for each other, Yuno does this because she loves Yuki, etc.). I believe it is what was holding the series down.

I feel the whole thing had a lot of wasted potential. Some great ideas here and there, but it wasn't enough for me. Overall, it was simply...disappointing.
Apr 4, 2011 1:20 AM
Nov 2008
2/10

It was so promising... but everything went downhill when Hinata and the others retards appeared. Such a waste.
Apr 29, 2011 7:46 PM
Aug 2010
This manga reminds me of why I am a fan of anime and manga. I never expected was to find a story as incredible as this, in times that are only produced clichés.
As much as I can not think of a single point defect for this series, I dare to call a masterpiece without a doubt.
The ending was totally unexpected, but it was awesome. There is an ending that fits better.
Now I'm kind of not knowing what will become of me now that I finished this series. Do not know if I find another that matches her.
She rescued me from that feeling good when you want more and more of a story.
There is no way to give a grade lower than 10 for this manga, which is marked in my life as the best series of all.
Apr 30, 2011 10:47 PM

Feb 2009
I hope that between now and infinity during Yukki and Yuno's reign as Gods of the third world, Yuno's inherent yandere tendencies don't start popping up again.

Would make for an awkward household.

Also 2 Murumurus!
May 6, 2011 1:09 AM
Jun 2010
Series started as a 8/10 for me , peaked around the Yuno is evil arc ( a 10/10 for me ) and went down hill , ending at a a 2/10

Overall I give this series a 6/10
May 11, 2011 1:35 AM

Nov 2010
ROFL
So last night I was reading this from 10pm until around 12.30am to finish it.
I get to the part where Yuno says with her new friends that she is forgetting someone. The next 2 pages were black so I just thought that was the end; had a little :'(
(because I literally thought that was the end) and went to bed.

Lol got up this morning and went to re-read the last chapter and was like wtf... there are more pages rofl.

I think the ending is how it should have been. The whole thing about Yuno is that she always defied the impossible for Yukki and always was there for him, her breaking the barrier was meant to happen as otherwise to me that wouldn't have been the real Yuno. They were destined to be GODS TOGETHER

HAPPY END~
Jun 13, 2011 4:54 AM

Dec 2008
Wow people are really taking the ending seriously.
Jun 18, 2011 1:10 AM

Oct 2010
Kanon-kun said:

Also, someone explain to me WHY WERE THE BABIES FLYING?

the 9th mother of the babies has Deus transfer half of his power and knowledge.
Signature Removed
Jun 25, 2011 5:24 AM
Mar 2009
Lol......by the end....I just kinda accepted everything they threw at me. "Gigantic Yuno just entered the scene w/ a banhammer? Why not?" As for the ending, it seems like, all the problems were solved with a solid conclusion. Which actually kinda just made it feel like some fanfic ending. Tho I'de be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the ending at all (Yuno Fan :\ ).
Jul 1, 2011 11:47 AM

Dec 2007
That was an okay ending.
Jul 4, 2011 5:01 PM

Jul 2008
didnt get it at all time t start back from square one
Jul 12, 2011 1:38 AM

Feb 2010
um a lot of things in the end was kinda strange , the thing about the 11th wasnt correctly explained i think.

and wtf with yunoo parents , why they are suddenly good? yuno was already in a cage in that world :/

it was a good read anyway , im gonna believe that the ending after the ending was just trolling and give it an 8/10
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 53 Discussion

Kingwel - Jun 28, 2010

43 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Feb 21, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 24 Discussion

XorMal - Nov 15, 2008

18 by psyche-K »»
Jan 9, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Dec 17, 2008

13 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:13 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 20 Discussion

Shouichirou - Dec 17, 2008

8 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Aug 18, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 1 Discussion

ckam - Jul 18, 2010

19 by GabeStudy »»
Jun 23, 2023 12:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.