Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 19, 7:08 PM

May 2021
for a lot of us summer is getting started and I swear it gets hotter every year

all I know is I moved home to Ireland after years in the States and these houses are not built for warm weather the cement literally radiates heat and it’s not even that hot yet but I can’t sleep when it’s warm like this

people go on about seasonal depression and I don’t know if summer depression is a thing but if it is I have it lol

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 19, 7:13 PM

Jun 2016
I feel similarly. Summer is boring and unbearably hot most of the time, though the heat hasn't gotten that bad in my area yet (it was hell last year though). The worst part of this year's warm seasons for me so far is the pollen count, it's making my allergies flare up really badly.

I can't wait until fall and winter.
May 19, 7:24 PM

Dec 2021
3 reasons to move to Alert, Canada.

1. It's never hotter than 70°F
  2. Repeat above reason
  3. Repeat above reason

I've suffered heatstroke during my job, so yeah, I kinda hate summer. But hey, at least I'm not in fuckin' Arizona, where a very cool summer's day is 102°F!
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
May 19, 7:25 PM

Dec 2016
My favorite season when its rainy. Which it is this year.
May 19, 7:30 PM

May 2021
Reply to Lost_Viking
I feel similarly. Summer is boring and unbearably hot most of the time, though the heat hasn't gotten that bad in my area yet (it was hell last year though). The worst part of this year's warm seasons for me so far is the pollen count, it's making my allergies flare up really badly.

I can't wait until fall and winter.
@Lost_Viking hope it’s not as hot for you this year and that the pollen eases up soon

I’ll be counting down until fall and winter alongside you!
May 19, 7:38 PM

May 2021
Reply to Daviljoe193
3 reasons to move to Alert, Canada.

1. It's never hotter than 70°F
  2. Repeat above reason
  3. Repeat above reason

I've suffered heatstroke during my job, so yeah, I kinda hate summer. But hey, at least I'm not in fuckin' Arizona, where a very cool summer's day is 102°F!
@Daviljoe193 and you’ve got AC over there right? another point to Canada!

heatstroke is no joke damn I’d hate summer too (I know I already do, but like more lol) glad you're okay though in all seriousness
May 19, 7:40 PM

Jun 2023
It's been too hot to enjoy it in the past few years. We've been getting record temperatures already and it's made summer my least favorite season even with AC. I bet in Ireland since it has houses that aren't built for that it can get rough.
KyonmanMay 19, 7:44 PM
May 19, 8:05 PM
Riot Girl Utena

Dec 2023
After transitioning, I prefer Spring. Summer makes my makeup melt, and my clothes wet.
May 19, 8:08 PM
Jul 2018
I love the heat, man. It's way better than the grey sky and 20-40 degree weather we get all winter and early spring.
May 19, 8:16 PM

Nov 2019
For us it’s heading into winter and the temps are crazy low (not arctic levels though)
Summer is the perfect time to go out hiking and beach. All sorts of adventures too
May 19, 9:48 PM
Dec 2022
Summer doesn't make me feel uneasy. I just stay indoors while taking showers 5 times per day.
May 19, 9:54 PM

Feb 2020
I always prefer winter over summer due to many reasons. Summer mostly sucks for me.

🥵

SerafosMay 19, 10:56 PM
May 19, 11:55 PM

Feb 2018
it is hell on earth. over 40 Celsius avg temps
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

May 20, 1:00 AM

Sep 2016
Summer is a pain because of heat and insects.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 20, 1:04 AM

Mar 2023
Most overated season of the year. People only love it because of nostalgia.
May 20, 2:18 AM

Feb 2020
In some ways I like summer, as it's good for some of my outdoor hobbies, as they operate in dry weather, and that's usually a higher chance in summer.

But we are getting hotter and hotter heatwaves all the time in the UK. The 2022 ones were horrible, and yeah I think it's true what you said about houses OP, as I can remember it actually being cooler outside than inside (my house also has crap windows too, can't even open one of mine properly).

I get sick from the sun very easily also, and sunburn just as easily, and I'm not always the best prepared to protect myself from the sun.
May 20, 2:30 AM

Aug 2018
I hate hot weather, and if it's humid, that's even worse.
May 20, 2:48 AM

Dec 2015
1. Too hot
2. That's when alot of excavation sites are happening
3. Too hot to work as archaeologist
4. Too hot to live
5. Too hot so it is nice season to enjoy cold beers
6. Sweating too much cause of temperature
7. Needing to be carefull to avoid Heat illness
8. Too hot in a room
9. Mosquitos

The hell season is soon to be open
May 20, 3:12 AM

Aug 2021
i love summer my mental is usually so much better during summer even if its too hot
and i get to just be outside with my friends in the evening and its warm
and i usually got more free time and i get to devour so much manga
though no lie sometimes theres even too much free time and i might lose a week or two living in some schizo reality in my head and stress a bunch for no reason
so its important that if i dont get stuff lined up to do i gotta go on walks regularly cuz if im in my room for too long i might start feeling lonely and i might spiral
still summer is my fave season
and another negative is that i dont get to wear some clothes that i like cuz they might be a little too hot so its not like i get to be too creative with my outfits
May 20, 3:37 AM
Walpurgis

May 2023
I get the most time off in summer so I like it a lot. I also love having more sunshine in the day and it not being dark at 4PM.
May 20, 4:21 AM

May 2014
It's nice not to wear hundreds of layers of clothes everyday so I don't freeze to death.
May 20, 4:24 AM

Jan 2021
I dont like summer. It too hot. Too much sweating. Too uncomfortable. Skin burn, heat strokes and difficult to sleep at night without an A/C. The only good thing about summer is vacations but you get that in winter as well.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 20, 4:47 AM

Jan 2022
Summer is the month of the anti christ.
May 20, 4:54 AM

Dec 2021
I live in Australia, so yeah pretty painful xD. Sweating constantly, flies and mosquitoes everywhere, consecutive 40C days that make you feel like you're on your deathbed after a while haha.

But there are certainly things I like about summer. Christmas break, New Year's, Australia Day (if you choose to celebrate it) which means lots of nice food. People like to go to the beach, although that's not really my sorta thing. Plus, it's cricket season (the sport, not the insect) which I always look forward to.
May 20, 4:59 AM

Nov 2019
People in this thread are complaining way too much

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
May 20, 5:16 AM

Feb 2024
I love hot dry summer, and I hate hot wet summer. But summer fishing is a disgrace for sure.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 20, 5:38 AM

Jul 2021
Summer is significantly less annoying when you have air conditioning.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 20, 6:20 AM

Jun 2015
terrible, can't wait until it's over
May 20, 6:36 AM

Apr 2012
I generally quite like it. It does get too hot occasionally where I am, but only occasionally. (It helps that I'm not fat, so I don't have a load of unsheddable bodily insulation.) But late spring or early autumn are probably the best times of year. (Rainfall doesn't change much through the year here either.)
May 20, 6:59 AM

Mar 2024
I think the summer isn’t too bad, I feel like a lot of people are a lot happier when the sun is shining. The winter always feels so depressing to me
May 20, 7:17 AM

Jan 2009
From the last year and this year so far, I've had much rather the impression of a cooling than a heating with how cold and rainy it had been. There were a few warmer days, but I was still rather freezing when going out of the pool

I used to turn down my blinds in mid-/late April or May at latest from noon onwards, but nowadys, it's still far from hot enough for that and I only do it later in the evenings when the sun shines too bright inside (my computer desk and my TV are on the opposite of the window)
It used to increase my melancholy because it would be the time to do some outdoor activities or traveling, but I wouldn't feel any motivation doing anything on my own

I do have a small portable air conditioner, but I haven't used it last year since the effects are limited and it wasn't really hot enough, anyway. It's more like I have become more used to it. Two years ago when it was hotter, I would go downstairs to my old room for work, since it has aircon since a couple of years ago

When I was still in regular school, I could very easily tan since I used to go outside all year around on most days and was also walking or riding my bike to and/from school to the point where I could easily blend in as a foreigner from a far away southern country and where I didn't need any sun cream except for some white spots as birth marks and even then only like LPF 10 or lower. But now, I would much rather need LPF 50 in case I want to stay in the sun for longer than 15 minutes in bathing shorts only due to spending too much time inside
May 20, 8:01 AM

May 2022
It's my least favourite time of the year. I have to wear long sleeves otherwise I'll burn, which usually means getting heat rash eventually, and if I'm out for longer than fifteen minutes and neglect to wear my hat I end up with scorched red skin on my forehead, nose and cheeks.

Everything is just so humid and sticky and uncomfortable.

May 20, 8:08 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
It's helpful as the heat helps the clothes to dry faster after I wash it :)

Albeit I need to wear very light clothes almost all the time otherwise I couldn't handle the high temperature

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 20, 9:02 AM

May 2021
Reply to Rinrinka
It's helpful as the heat helps the clothes to dry faster after I wash it :)

Albeit I need to wear very light clothes almost all the time otherwise I couldn't handle the high temperature
@Rinrinka thats like one of the pros especially with energy costs, I never have to run my dryer in the summer
May 20, 9:10 AM

May 2021
Reply to Little_Sheepling
In some ways I like summer, as it's good for some of my outdoor hobbies, as they operate in dry weather, and that's usually a higher chance in summer.

But we are getting hotter and hotter heatwaves all the time in the UK. The 2022 ones were horrible, and yeah I think it's true what you said about houses OP, as I can remember it actually being cooler outside than inside (my house also has crap windows too, can't even open one of mine properly).

I get sick from the sun very easily also, and sunburn just as easily, and I'm not always the best prepared to protect myself from the sun.
@Loyal_Sheepling I get what you mean, I love tennis on an outdoor court and barbecues and going to the beach but once night arrives it’s garbage inside and I value my sleep over everything so that’s probably my biggest gripe (2022 was so awful lol)

and god knows my Irish skin goes from ghost to tomato real quick, we gotta get us some big ol sun hats and sunscreen for sure—best of luck to ya neighbour fingers crossed the heat waves spare us this year
May 20, 9:12 AM

Nov 2023
Makes me miss the snow, and makes me grateful that there is no ice. Double-edged sword.
May 20, 9:15 AM

May 2021
Reply to coolyfruity
After transitioning, I prefer Spring. Summer makes my makeup melt, and my clothes wet.
@lezbifriends yes girl the face cannot be beat during summer it’s a tragedy, I lean into the clean girl aesthetic while it’s hot for sure
May 20, 9:29 AM

Jul 2022
Disadvantages of 夏: Cockroaches, heat stroke,
sunburns, wildfires

Advantages of 夏: Beaches, sun tanning, water parks/pools, BBQ/grilling/hot dogs, rizzing up ppl, etc.

May 20, 9:52 AM

Jan 2023
Here in Argentina, summers are becoming more and more complicated. We have had 45°C (113° F) at 6 in the morning.
We are now in the cold stage, 4°C in the morning (40° F).

I was always a "winter team", but now that I'm older it bothers me a little.
May 20, 11:52 AM

May 2020
Not my favorite. It's hot, my loneliest season, there are a ton of insects ( mosquitoes, flies etc.), boring overall. For me, nothing happens in this season. And summer break already started for me, as a graduate from high school. My idea is that I should join a group so I can keep contact with ppl.
May 20, 11:52 AM

May 2021
Reply to Kiryotsu
Disadvantages of 夏: Cockroaches, heat stroke,
sunburns, wildfires

Advantages of 夏: Beaches, sun tanning, water parks/pools, BBQ/grilling/hot dogs, rizzing up ppl, etc.
@Kiryotsu ah yes the rizz buff of summer lmao
May 20, 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
Does it matter? When humanity has only a few years left before its expiry date? Just admit it...humans are just a walking corpse. This species is just the walking dead...headed towards extinction very soon.
May 20, 12:16 PM

May 2021
Reply to DesuMaiden
Does it matter? When humanity has only a few years left before its expiry date? Just admit it...humans are just a walking corpse. This species is just the walking dead...headed towards extinction very soon.
@DesuMaiden but do you prefer the cold or the heat? that’s the real tea
May 20, 12:28 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to JessicaKari
@DesuMaiden but do you prefer the cold or the heat? that’s the real tea
@JessicaKari it makes little difference because NTHE will be a sudden and catastrophic end of civilization...
May 20, 12:43 PM

Jul 2023
I like summer but I hate sleeping at 30°C... #NoAC #europe
May 20, 12:59 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Summer is generally pretty cool, though I would like it to not get too hot and for some amount of rain to keep things fresh and the air quality up.
May 20, 4:31 PM

Oct 2013
Hate it. Hate both summer and winter, and I was born in the winter. I wish all year could be like spring and fall.
May 20, 6:31 PM
Jul 2021
JessicaKari said:
I swear it gets hotter every year

No it doesn't stop with the "current thing"

Summer is fun asf, we have a pool and use almost daily. We go on a beach holiday, this year is Greece or Malta. We'll see.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
May 20, 6:54 PM

May 2021
Reply to Dawizz
JessicaKari said:
I swear it gets hotter every year

No it doesn't stop with the "current thing"

Summer is fun asf, we have a pool and use almost daily. We go on a beach holiday, this year is Greece or Malta. We'll see.
@Dawizz I mean that’s nice lol I’m glad you enjoy it

in Ireland last year was our warmest year, beating out the previous year which had just broke the record, so by I swear it gets hotter every year I meant damn it’s literally been hotter and hotter every year

and I hates it
May 20, 8:01 PM

Nov 2023
i like it if you got an AC in yo room otherwise its hell my computer is in a room without AC so i am stinky and sweaty after like 20 minutes. gotta take 5 showers everyday its brutal i should move my comp to the room with an AC but mane, its too much work

in conclusion, fuck summer.

00cactus
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How many of your great-grandparents did you get to meet?

SoldierDream - Yesterday

15 by MalchikRepaid »»
8 minutes ago

» Lonely Nights

PastelGhost22 - Sep 20

21 by LoveYourSmile »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » It is illegal to put mermaids in aquariums?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

11 by LoveYourSmile »»
21 minutes ago

» You may not be able to have offspring with your alien partner.

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

17 by LoveYourSmile »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » What do mermaids eat?

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

10 by LoveYourSmile »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.