Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 11, 2022 8:48 AM
Jun 2021
So i was just watching the season 4 of attack on titan ,and I feel that from the opening and general vibe, it feels like everyone is trying to pity Eren. But my question is that how is Eren to different from Lelouch in Code geass. They are pratically the same, both lost their parents, both are antihereos and declare war which results in significant bloodshed and do not care too much. But Lelouch was always high and mighty even during his death. So why is it so, does anyone feel the same way?
Jan 11, 2022 9:15 AM

Oct 2010
it's easier to empathize with eren than lulu, eren has a sad life and fights for freedom whereas lulu is a high noble fighting for selfish reasons
Jan 11, 2022 9:31 AM

Aug 2021
please don't put well-written characters and basic edge lords on the same level. (ya code Geass fandom come at me idc)

eren is a sad character to begin with hence the op and ed is sad..

everything about and surrounding him has been tragic for him and his people..
all he wanted was freedom ,, the freedom he wished was fake.. there were humans(enemies) on the other side

his journey from an angry and revenge-driven cocky unrealistic and cringe boy to a person who understands that nothing is as simple as good vs evil is what makes aot such a great (if not best) show.

he isn't someone who enjoys killing innocents, he doesn't do it for selfish reasons either
he does things that need to be done for his people even if he makes the whole world against him to do that.

even the people who he wants to protect arent on his side
how more tragic, can one be..

Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Jan 11, 2022 9:37 AM
Jun 2021
yea this is really well put, also btw could you give me some anime with the edge lords you are talking about, because for some reason i really enjoy them lmao idk if thats just me being cringe. Also on the part you said for selfish reasons for Eren, i dont agree with you completely that he cares about the people of Eldia according to me he just cares about his friends and i feel that that is a selfish reason tbh. Like killing 80 percent of humanity just so his friends can live better lives feels selfish to me, of course he sacrificed himself but i still believe it was selfish.
Jan 11, 2022 9:42 AM

Mar 2019
One definite difference between eren and lelouch is that eren doesn't make ironic and exaggerated jokes knowing he has mind control powers and elongates his show for 30 more episodes.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Jan 11, 2022 9:52 AM

Aug 2021
light_straight said:
One definite difference between eren and lelouch is that eren doesn't make ironic and exaggerated jokes knowing he has mind control powers and elongates his show for 30 more episodes.

SHOTS FIRED hheheheXD
tbh one of the reasons i love aot is how eren being cringe is acknowledged by others like ymir and jean and eren had proper reason to be so edgy unlike leolol
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Jan 11, 2022 10:00 AM
Jun 2021
lol what how is eren even remotely edgy, i guess he was somewhat in the starting seasons but like edgy characters usually dont lose anything whilst they are performing their "Masterplan". But ya i love edgelords tho lmao
Jan 11, 2022 10:04 AM

Feb 2020
nope.

i had no pity with Lelouch, neither i will have compassion with Eren.
animu007Jan 11, 2022 11:58 AM
Jan 11, 2022 11:39 AM
Mar 2021
Simple if Lelouch didn't do anything he was leading a normal life with his sister without being harmed by anyone in the slightest meanwhile Eren was fighting for his fucking life from episode 1 and his race is being oppressed even for existing. It's also that the narrative in code geass isn't made in a way that makes you worry for Lelouch (until the second half of R2) whereas the narrative in AoT is focused heavily on Eren and others' suffering from the very starting.
If Lelouch was an eleven then maybe he'd be viewed in the same light as Eren.
Jan 11, 2022 11:52 AM
Jul 2017
The one reason I like lelouch is because of his understanding.
He realised he screwed up big time. Everyone else screwed up big time too. But in the end he found a means to solve it all and managed to do it. Which is probably the only reason R2 is appreciated or even remembered.

With eren tho I loved his character development but it's just that towards the end there's a lot of poor writing to justify the means and end of it all. I feel that personally eren's change isn't as well utilised as lelouch got a chance at redemption.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Jan 11, 2022 12:23 PM

Jul 2017
I think eren is a lot more complex than lelouch because lelouch had no reason to do what he did, he just did it because "hes good" and I find it hard to believe that after everything he did in the show he is willing to

I mean attack on titan's ending

Jan 11, 2022 6:42 PM
Jun 2021
Yeah i agree, I just wish the ending could be the time travel one.
Jan 11, 2022 8:01 PM

Jul 2021
eren is far better than ledouche but after the ending its debatable

Jan 11, 2022 11:09 PM

Nov 2020
Yeah, cause I'm pitying him for what Isayama did to him.
i use arch btw

Jan 12, 2022 12:59 AM

Nov 2019
I think manga fans can agree Eren got done bad but he does get pitied by his comrades because they know his struggle in the past and seen what he became. We already know that he indeed turns out to be like Lelouch in the end which is really sad
Jan 12, 2022 3:43 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been moved to the correct sub-board.
Jan 12, 2022 5:15 AM

Dec 2020
Eren is a far far better written character than Lelouch. Lelouch's motivations fall flat and the resolution lacks realism.
Jan 12, 2022 5:26 AM

Jan 2020
I haven't watched Code Geass and I can't compare the two MCs, but I can say why people might pity Eren, at least up to S4 ep17 (I say this because I'm still expecting some kind of reveal to happen later, so I'm only basing my words on what we know about him). Besides the fact that Eren went through hell and many betrayals at such a young age, he also seems lost. He lost himself in the fight, he looked emotionless throughout the 4th season. It seems like he can't trust anyone or just wants to shoulder it all by himself for the sake of freeing Paradis/people of his own race. We all know that from earlier seasons that Eren's goal was to fight titans and kill them (he said that multiple times being the edgy brat that he was), but he wakes up 4 years later and ends up killing innocent people to get to his goals. So guilt is one of the many other feelings Eren has to carry and live with. I'm sure he lost his sanity along the way too.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jan 12, 2022 6:21 PM
Jun 2021
yeah its sad, the only thing i hoped at this point was the Eren would basically be a chad in this part and he'd fulfil his duty of uk freedom and all without regrets, and so i got really sad by the op and the end altho they are pretty good music.
Jan 12, 2022 8:58 PM

Nov 2020
Yet another individual stupidly comparing two completely different characters aka Eren and Lelouch and yk Eren is a character who is written to make people have conflicted emotion. Thanks that he is not just "Let's Go Lulu" or "Fvck off Lelouch"

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

═════════════════════════════
Jan 12, 2022 9:38 PM
Aug 2015
Out of all the "hero become villain" characters, the only one that truly turned into a villain was Light. Lelouch has himself killed because deep down he is a good person. Same exact thing with Eren.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

551 by aaltairs »»
Sep 14, 6:11 PM

» Does AoT have the most toxic fandom? ( 1 2 3 )

unpredictablech_ - Mar 1, 2022

108 by Zayar2005 »»
Aug 30, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

431 by kfk »»
Aug 29, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

302 by flokigoat »»
Aug 25, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Who suffered the most? (2nd one)(manga readers)

ViViD_AI - Feb 2, 2022

30 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 22, 10:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.