Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2020 10:47 PM

Dec 2015
maiawatchesanime said:
1. I wish they had laid out in simple(r) terms what exactly the human instrumentality project is and what it seeks to achieve a good 10-15 episodes prior, rather than dropping hints every now and then.

2. There are so many questions i have that i hope the director's cut and end of evangelion approach and answer

1. How could they more than hint at something they didn't know themselves? (maybe at the 10 episodes prior, certainly not earlier)

2. I'm not sure what led you to hope that. ^^" You might be disappointed.

November 7, 2020
@Kebapche There was a single main director (the creator of the show). He indeed "lost his mind" over the course of the series. But this ending is more or less what was envisioned earlier during the making so it has little to do with that..

November 10, 2020
HarryRambod22 said:
Man they really ran out of money this last episode. They didn't even bother animating for example half this episode just drawn sketches.

And yet the last episode is very close to what was envisioned (it feels even like it, unlike the previous episode). Anyway, true creative works are born out of boundaries/limits, not total freedom of creation.

November 21, 2020
@wonhallyy17 Or you can check what happens during/around those episodes in The End of Evangelion. You already had a few snippets from "reality" anyway, why not complete them ?
I'm basically watching a ppt presentation.

I never saw it that way (I'm from a time before the "ppt" craze) but it's funny : sounds like Anno and his team were visionaries. XD

April 1, 2021
GoZha said:

1) What is Seele?
2) What are the angels?
3) What was the First Impact?

The first two points were answered by the series (either in one go or with informations put in several episodes).
The third point shouldn't affect understanding the story (Even if you get some small pieces about it in the film.)
Rei_IIIApr 1, 2021 2:08 AM
Aug 2, 2020 2:30 PM
Apr 2018
The first time I watched the series back in 2015 I spoiled myself since I learned that there is a movie which explains the ambiguous ending; I watched it immediately after I was done with episodes 25 and 26. In other words, I wasn't paying much attention to the actual show anymore. I knew that the movie was the "real" thing.

Fast forward to today, I realize that I was a fool. I love this original ending much more than EoE. Ironically, I barely remember what the EoE ending was like, all I know is that it didn't feel nearly as hopeful as this.

I don't think I'm ready to revisit EoE and the rest just yet. I have a feeling it'll ruin my newfound appreciation for these two episodes, lol.

All in all, I love this series. 10/10, now and always.
Aug 14, 2020 11:19 PM
Nov 2019
There is a reason why my favorite genre is Psychological - multiple meanings, confusion, the fragile human mind, escapism, lies, fears etc = psychological genre pushes their audiences to think.. so it’s okay if you dont get it the first watch but it encourages you to participate in the story. I can put this series up with the other masterpieces in film history in terms of its psychological and technical aspects (story certainly has flaws but almost everything is top notch). I’ve seen a lot of films and it blows my mind how well crafted almost everything in this last episodes have been. I’ve already watched EoE too so i can measure it side by side. Ok, so... psychological films can have their main characters be an unreliable narrator and im pretty sure this is the case for this finale. We dont really see whats happening in the outside world because we’re (in a way) investigating the mind of several characters through shinji. He may be lying to himself in the “congratulations” ending (i mean he turns back to the coward he is multiple times). My conclusion, this ending is just an idea to cushion everything bad thats happening outside into somewhat good in his mind. I feel sad everytime i see NGE’s ending that i wonder what’s happening outside shinji. Or EoE is parallel to ep.25-26 (shinji’s mind) and the anime ending ends on the beach and the film let us see again how shinji never really progress as a deeply fractured character. He’s still a coward in the end (anime and film) T_T someone give shinji a good long hug plss
AsashiiKimi36Aug 14, 2020 11:56 PM
Aug 21, 2020 8:41 PM

Jul 2020
i really loved the ending tbh the only reason why ppl hate it is because they wanna know wat happens to the others like asuka and rei but i personaly loved it because shinji curing from depression was the point of this whole series weve been introduced to shinjis depression since the first episode i mean you dont need a big monster fight or anything to make a good ending
Aug 25, 2020 8:46 PM
Sep 2019
Voltlighter said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They could've replaced the entire last 2 episodes with that 3 minute School / Comedy / Romance skit and I would've been happy.

Worst ending to an anime that I've seen to date. my god >_>;;

yikes the final5 minutes was the best the entire series had to offer
Aug 29, 2020 12:20 PM
Jan 2017
LMAO at the idiots too dumb to get the ending. 2deep4u I guess.
Sep 5, 2020 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
I have mixed feelings about this anime as a whole and part of me is a little bewildered why it's held so dearly by many and seen as a classic. The plot was rather standard "monster of the week" for the most part with secret government organizations and all that jazz, and the characters seemed to be... nothing particularly special and rather one note for the most part? Shinji is in constant anxiety mode, Asuka is constantly annoying, Rei is always doll-like, etc etc... Misato had more to her than the others but her character can be summarized by her fixation with her father so eh.

But I think the ending actually made Shinji and co have their conclusion be wrapped up in a rather unique and unusual way. I liked it on some level because of that and it showed where each of the characters were mentally at, albeit in a very artistic and long-winded way. However, two episodes made it feel like a drawn out therapy session and I can't help but think there could have been a more efficient way of sending the same message. All of the flashing imagery was putting me on the verge of having a migraine, too, so it was far from enjoyable.

It was an okay ending in my book. I get what it's trying to convey but it probably wasn't the best way to do it.

Overall, I will rate this series 6/10 for now... I might change my mind after I think about it more, though I kinda wish I felt more of an emotional impact from this series. Maybe I expected too much because of how beloved this series is and I can't say it lived up to the hype for me. I did really love how atmospheric it was, though, and the organic traits of the Evas made them somewhat creepy and mysterious compared to the usual mech. Some scenes had some excellent portrayal of mood and setting, too. This series definitely had its own distinct feel in that sense.
Oct 7, 2020 10:18 PM

Apr 2020
Oh man, my brain is a mess!
Now I'm gonna watch the End of Evangelion movies then try to lookup an explanation video on youtube or something.
--AbiSa--
Oct 14, 2020 10:38 AM

Aug 2018
Lmao what did I just watch. I can't even consider this an ending, this episode was such an unusual thing that it almost looks like some filler episode made for fun where plot takes place in alternative universe + some weird psychological scenes.

I mean the final minutes were very weird , it's like Shinji finally beaten his mental problems and realised who he really is or can be in different dimention/universe. The main goal of episodes similar to these in Evangelion is to confuse the viewer and force him to start asking himself questions about what he just witnessed which makes this probably one of a few anime out there that has such an unique stuff.

The only thing I've seen confusingly similar to this and other episodes has to be Satoshi Kon's Perfect blue but even that wasn't as mind blowing as this.

I have no idea how to even rate such a finale, It gets all the points for uniqueness but everything else is just in big question so I think it would be fair to say that it purely depends on each viewer separately to rate this or maybe I just haven't seen enought psychological genre things and this is normal once you start watching a bunch of them.

Looks like the biggest question mark left is the movie, I just hope I won't quit it after first 20 mins
Oct 16, 2020 6:19 PM
Aug 2020
This anime never fails in making my head hurts.
Oct 17, 2020 9:53 PM

Apr 2020
I'm pretty conflicted with how to rate this show after finishing. I think it was really good, but I'm not a fan of the open endings, so it was a huge turn off for me to see these last 2 episodes, there's just so many unanswered questions.
Deep down, we all have trash taste
Oct 27, 2020 6:27 AM
Dec 2019
Finished watching this series. And it was great. It wasn't that difficult to understand at all like people are claiming it to be.i could relate to it. I understood The Author's massage. As I'm the victim of depression, I could understand Shinji well. But still the ending wss a bit vague. I still had a tons of questions tho. I didn't get any specific answer.
Sayuki009Oct 27, 2020 6:35 AM
Oct 31, 2020 5:10 AM
Jul 2020
its a great ending when you understand it. Shinji pretty much learns that his perspective on things is as important as anything since they determine what's true or not. if he believes that everyone hates him then yeah, that will be his reality. but if he believes that he has a worth and is cared for then that will become his reality.

Oct 31, 2020 5:18 AM
Jul 2020
So.. Shinji cured his depression by sitting on a chair and reflecting on his past...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I liked this. 9/10
Nov 2, 2020 12:15 AM
Apr 2019
Very impressive, although EoE is still better. But at Eps 26, a lot is presented in one scene.
Nov 6, 2020 5:51 PM
Apr 2020
I mean, these series started pretty good, but it kept going downhill the whole time. And that ending was just "no comment". The directors lost their frickin' minds.
Nov 7, 2020 1:33 PM

Mar 2016
Man they really ran out of money this last episode. They didn't even bother animating for example half this episode just drawn sketches.
Nov 11, 2020 2:01 AM

Dec 2012
The case of Shinji.
Asuka wakes Shinji.
Shinji has morning wood.
Yui and Gendo.
Dat slap.
Ah! The toast in the mouth while running then bumping into someone.
One possible world.
Everyone claps for Shinji.
Pen Pen!
Dat ending.

Dat ending...... Omedetou.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 11, 2020 5:45 PM
May 2019
Wtf did I just watch??
I felt like I was watching a slide show most of the episode. Utter crap!
That dream sequence was unnecessary, the psychoanalysis was fucking terrible, if I wanted to read about depression and insecurity I would've done that on Wikipedia or something. Complete waste of time.
26 episode long hours that I'll never get back(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
Nov 18, 2020 8:00 PM

Feb 2016
anime PEAKED here guys
there's nothing else to see after that
Nov 21, 2020 3:17 AM

Jan 2018
I really don't enjoy 25-26 that much, something just made me bored to all of it and find myself fast forwardiing to a lot of scenes. I'm basically watching a ppt presentation with voice overs and repeated scenes. I'm like what even is happening?? Don't get me wrong, I still understand all the psychological shenanigans that was presented in this anime. The characters have all depths which I enjoyed and taken an interest. Anyways I'll just pretend they finally defeated all the angels and lived a new life.
Dec 28, 2020 11:56 AM
Jul 2020
i can't even rate this anime... i loved the plot, the bible motives, all universum, characters, etc. and than i watched last two episodes and here i am- devastated, confused, sad and angry.
for sure 'evangelion' left huge impression on me and i'll be thinking of it for a long time
Jan 3, 2021 9:36 AM

Jan 2015
After re-watching this I feel like gassing the Tokyo subway. But somebody got in ahead of me.
Jan 7, 2021 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
GUYS! These last two episodes are the most beautiful and unexpected things I ever seen! NGE conclusion is brilliant! And by the end, when the characters congratulate Shinji, I felt like crying :') Really, really happy for the protagonist conclusion. And that smile was pure and sincere: the first time we see Shinji truly smiling in the entire series.

Jan 30, 2021 6:43 AM

Apr 2020
One of the best endings I've seen in a while. This show is a masterpiece 10/10
RealPieJan 30, 2021 6:48 AM
Feb 13, 2021 7:04 PM
Feb 2012
LightningSoul said:
Episode 25 and 26 is the embodiment of the ideal world that exists during instrumentality. After watching EoE, it becomes clear that the events that happened during episode 26 is Shinji's "ideal world".

It is my first time rewatching the series after having seen EoE years ago and yes, eps 25+26 make a lot more sense (and are vastly improved) by knowing how Instrumentation takes place.

Abajur said:
I really like this last episode. Incredibly well put together considering the production's circumstances. Also, it gives a proper, albeit introspective, conclusion to Shinji's character arc.

Absolutely. Anno and Gainax did the best they could and it was just as out-of-the-box thinking as the series itself. A bit “rushed” but a decent conclusion for a world where SEELE “won”.
Feb 26, 2021 4:16 PM

Feb 2020
I really thought the ending was gonna be some epic boss battle but ended up being an extreme phycological mess. I had to re-watch it and look up explanations to fully grasp what took place. Now with a great understanding this show is truly a masterpiece. I'm looking forward to watch End of Evangelion and the movies
Feb 27, 2021 9:40 AM
Jul 2017
even after 3 days i completed this anime i still don't know, i confused. is this a happy ending or not?? in this episode, shinji starts to love himself right?? is it a happy ending or not? if it's not, why???
Mar 6, 2021 4:37 PM

Aug 2008
This is the 3rd or 4th time I've watched this show and I still can't stand these last two eps, skipped around a lot, should have just not watched entirely like the last time I saw Evangelion and went straight to the film.

Overall this is still a solid 8/10 anime for me, can always been seen again every couple years or so.
Mar 7, 2021 12:41 PM

Nov 2017
this episode has one of the most beautiful and heartfelt endings i've ever seen
i am so glad i rewatched this show, i needed this

haven't cried this much in a long time

i love you, you are all worth something

please, take care of yourself
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Mar 7, 2021 5:08 PM

Feb 2021
The strangest and probably worst last 2 episodes of an anime I've ever seen. Instead of a grand conclusion, the last 2 episodes seemed to be the most unentertaining fillers I've ever had the displeasure of watching. I find the ending of an anime to be one of the most important parts, with this leaving the lasting impression on the viewer. I found this ending to be incredibly disappointing and underwhelming; hopefully the alternate ending presented in EoE is better.
Mar 10, 2021 11:14 PM

Mar 2010
Dam it. They are continuing from previous episode.lol at asuka say don't hate me!!! well it was hard not to previously. I am sad that gendou did not get karma from the crap he has done. The alternative universe was interesting. Wow, Shinji is so strong that he therapy'ed himself.
Mar 31, 2021 9:07 PM

Jun 2020
This feels like a bad, unnecessarily confusing psychology lesson. My online AP psych teacher did a better job

Although one new concept I did learn is that you are who you perceive yourself to be, and other people are included in that perception. If I understood that correctly anyway.

So many plot points were left unexplained. How did the Human Instrumentality Project take effect? What is Seele? What are the angels? What was the First Impact? And many more

I'm feeling an overall 7/10 but it's closer to a 6 than an 8
Mar 31, 2021 9:19 PM

Sep 2020
GoZha said:
This feels like a bad, unnecessarily confusing psychology lesson. My online AP psych teacher did a better job

Although one new concept I did learn is that you are who you perceive yourself to be, and other people are included in that perception. If I understood that correctly anyway.

So many plot points were left unexplained. How did the Human Instrumentality Project take effect? What is Seele? What are the angels? What was the First Impact? And many more

I'm feeling an overall 7/10 but it's closer to a 6 than an 8

ok fine homie,if you dont understand,WATCH EOE,NOW!!!! EXPERIENCE THE WRATH OF DOOM AND FEEL THE RUMBLING VIBE
Apr 5, 2021 6:37 PM
Mar 2021
I was not expecting that ending. I was apprehensive about my strengths and growing more anxious by the day regarding my future prospects, so this was a very good lesson for me.

In my mind, all of NGE is in Shinjis head and the the world I put shinji in is the Slice of Life looking part. Shinji just feels like he is growing apart from his father, and so on and so forth and in his anxiety or whatever riddled young mind, he is exxaggerating everything.

So its basically an end of the world style mech monster battle in his head. I loved it. 10/10 multiple rewatches possible for the art and easter eggs.
Apr 6, 2021 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
what,i dont understand shit
Apr 19, 2021 3:45 PM
Aug 2019
And I don't seem to understand
"Anime was a mistake." - Hayao Miyazaki
"Please check my page here •-•" - Me
"No, owomachine. I won't hit you since you don't deserve to live in a nice isekai world" - Truck-kun
May 13, 2021 12:55 PM

Apr 2021
This was the happiest I've ever felt for the entire series' runtime, for any character.

As for the TV vs. EoE debate, I'd suggest watching 25 and 26 just after 26' Instrumentality sequence ends.

5/5
Jun 7, 2021 2:08 PM
May 2012
Beatnik said:
Although I like the ending, I still see it as the director trying to cover his ass with an unconventional ending peppered with philosophical (or just solipsist?) ramblings. He knows he has run his story into a brick wall, his narrative is shot to hell, but he's got enough pride that he doesnt want to turn it into a generic action climax, so he goes the other way and into the mind of the protagonist. He betrays the consistency of the series, which is a big no-no in my mind, unless you provide little indicators along the way that this is where we're going to end up, but everything we've had to that point was in one style, and the ending was in another.

Why do you think we've got numerous movies that keep retelling the ending? Sure, the fans and popularity had some influence on that, but I think more stronger than that was the director's own dissatisfaction with how he ended the series, so now we get endings that are more in line with the rest of the series, in style, tone, and yep, action too. The EoE ending is superior in that it doesnt break consistency, but still retains the unconventional approach and shows us the inside of these characters without patronising voice overs, we see it through their actions and reactions, as it should be.

EDIT: Of course budget is a big reason for the ending too, but I think just blaming the budget is a cop-out, these people arent clueless, you can still make a tense ending with minimal locations and characters.

Smart guy, but I still don't like the ending.
Jun 12, 2021 2:09 AM

Apr 2020
Made me think that ep 25 was actually kinda pointless 'cause only Shinji got the development at the end

Nice development of Shinji btw

Loved the possible world scene since I got to see an expressive ver. of Rei. It was also the only enjoyable scene in the episode lol

Anyway, a soft 7/10. Not as thrilling as I thought it would be, but still pretty good
Jun 16, 2021 2:24 PM

Jun 2019
My 26th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Jul 1, 2021 1:35 AM
Mar 2021
i have no idea what happened
Jul 3, 2021 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
Wtf... 😂

So the beginning was just a crappy continuation of the last garbage episode.

BUT, the middle was -- an alternate and ideal world to Shinji. Which, I admit, was pretty -- VERY -- entertaining. Almost makes you sad that it's probably not a reality.

And then the ending... huh. I just, have no idea.

Part of me is a bit disappointed that the final two episodes didn't actually center around the main angel-related story/plot, just on the character Shinji I suppose overcoming depression?

As other people were saying -- COULD the story have ended at Episode 24 with the Fifth Child being defeated? I think so... // < All assuming that the 25' and 26' complementary endings don't exist, which they didn't for a short period of time.
But that also leaves a bunch of loose ends, with Ritsuko and Misato never really resolving their moral dilemmas. And, before the psychological BS began, Asuka was just seen laying in a hospital bed dead inside. So... assuming Episode 25 and 26 are just superficial nonsense, it's safe to say that this (main) series didn't have much of a good ending? Nor did it have a boss battle of any kind, or really a climax.

What I will say is that I didn't mind the scenes of Shinji traversing a world of nothing. That experimental approach was amusing, and I liked the metaphors and analogies they used to talk about free will. That's the ONE part I didn't mind the LSD-ish stuff.

And I guess since this is the LAST episode (before I watch the movies/complementary endings/sequels,blah blah blah), I will give an overall 8/10 score, which is MORE than generous. There were at least 6-8 bad/slow/overly abstract episodes in the latter half of the series. The first dozen episodes were fine -- above average. But at the production depleted their budget and were forced to get experimental and psychological (which is fine --) they also went to great and obvious lengths to cut corners. The minimalistic approach we see WOULD be fine if it were the 70's or 80's when animation was still in its early stages, but during the latter 90's, people who watched anime wanted to sit down and watch things HAPPEN. They wanted to see things MOVE. They wanted to see the character undergo EXPERIENCES and grapple out of problems with witty problem-solving. If the MC is depressed and hates himself and being alive, then that's fine -- it's a unique spin on an otherwise typical or cliche MC -- but that's not an excuse to pull back in animation. Maaan, if they didn't have the budget -- surely they could've divided the show into two halves, like the final season of AOT per se. Produce the first batch of episodes, take a hiatus to replenish funds and put in the work without deadlines. Maybe?

Like I was saying, 8/10. The first half was a 9 or 10 out of 10. The second half had some 2-4 out of 10 episodes. The latter half had a couple really good episodes too, however it ultimately averages out to a 4 or 5 -- making the overall total a 7 or 8 IMO. I'm being generous and going with 8.

-

I ultimately chose to watch this series -- not because I like mecha anime, psychological anime, or 90s anime in particular -- but more so because I wanted to understand why it's held at a deity-level, as far as anime go. Why it's up there with the greats, like Cowboy Bebop. And now:

I can see why the series overall underwent thorough scholarly analysis over the decades. I can see how it was influential on contemporary anime culture. I can see how there was a market for this show and how it inspired sequels, spin-offs, and countless merchandise. I can see why people Favorite-ed the anime and many of the characters from this show. I can see why there's so much fan art, memes, and screencaps floating online. Finally, I can see why this is hailed as timeless classic and one of the greatest anime of all time -- despite some of the shittiest episodes I've ever seen from any anime. I can understand all of that. I'd say the 8.33 score it currently has on MAL is justified, albeit not warranted. Should be a little lower taking into account some of the later episodes. But rating is subjective.

(What I don't understand is why Asuka and Rei are so beloved. Asuka a total bitch and a lot of people have minimal sympathy for her, including me. I certainly don't want to see her suffer, but I also don't think she contributed a set amount of peoples' enjoyment of the show. Same with Rei -- a majority of the time, she was a nice addition to the cast, but she's nothing spectacular. She's an interesting character and fits into the lore nicely -- but is Rei waifu material? Not at all, in my subjective opinion.)

P.S. This is one of the few anime that get an 11/10 soundtrack IMO, hehe. The theme song (and its visuals) are STUNNING, and even have its own Wikipedia article. The ending has TWENTY-SIX different variations, WHAT? A unique rendition of the song for every episode? That takes time, creativity, and balls.
The original episodic soundtrack was great -- the one that played during the lava episode, in particular, stuck out to me. The suspenseful one. And of course, we have to talk about the classical music and operatic pieces, which work SO well with this anime.

I can't help but feel I wasted SO much time watching this anime, as I wasn't very invested in a lot of the episodes. And yet, it's something I had to do if I ever wanted to say, "Yes, I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion." I had to sit through it all. ;-;

Ramble over.
P.S.S. Pen Pen was underutilized. 🐧🧊🔺
Jul 3, 2021 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
DefeatingMe said:
Made me think that ep 25 was actually kinda pointless 'cause only Shinji got the development at the end

I thought the same thing. 😭 Wtf. The last episode was about the four main(est) characters and their primary moral dilemmas throughout the course of the show. They were all incredibly agonized. And yet only Shinji's dilemma was resolved. What gives. How is that not a glaring issue.
Jul 26, 2021 1:16 AM
Jul 2021
They totally should have skipped episode 25 lol. Thing was useless.

Honestly not the ending I would have gone with but it was a servicable end to the series and it seemed alright. I sorta liked it.
Aug 7, 2021 12:00 PM

Jul 2019
Wow, what an anime.

Firstly the last two episodes were meh, not the best, but not bad as some people make it out to be. I quite liked ep 26, especially with the alternate realities thought.

Overall, this is something I'd go rewatch for sure because I didn't get like half of it, concerning events to be or have taken place, and also some character motives and moods. I guess Shinji's was obvious, maybe others too but it was so much of a mindfuck that I need to recalibrate and go back soon after, or maybe I will just read the manga.

In any case, I wouldn't call this the best thing in the world, seem like an anime that focused on ideas rather than people doing things, like Madoka Magica for example. But ye, it was pretty good stuff I suppose.

8/10.

Aug 14, 2021 4:33 PM

Jan 2021
I liked the ending it was more of a good conclusion for shinji than the main storyline itself but that’s what The End of Evangelion is for
Aug 17, 2021 4:28 PM

May 2017
Its been a few years since I've first watched NGE. I finished my rewatch just now.

My initial score was an average 5/10. Why? Simple. I understood fuck all when I first watched it a couple of years ago. I guess I was also unable to appreciate the directing and the concept of this anime back in the day.

I still feel that the characters didn't progress in any kind of way. The way they think and feel about life and themselves just never changes. They just run in a fucking wheel like a hamster.

I feel like I understood a lot more in my 2nd watch but I still have unanswered questions and I still feel like some things just didn't resolve all that smoothly. What I can say though is that I had quite a lot of fun with the first 21ish episodes. Not that the remaining episodes were bad, but some were super convoluted to a point where I had to rewind a couple of times to try and process the information that I have been given.

The last 2 episodes.. meh. I don't hate it, but I didn't really enjoy it all that much considering that it felt out of place given that we didn't even see what in actuality happened in the real world. I guess that's where the movie comes into play and resolves things more smoothly? But it is going to have an effect on my final score. I did like the alternative world of shinjis mind though.

a good 7/10 I just really enjoyed the concept and the themes, the directing, the animation, the use of colors etc in this anime. Could have been an even higher score if it weren't for some of the later episodes or if they were depicted more clearly.

Really curious about the movie now. And then onto the rebuilds after that.
Sep 20, 2021 7:30 AM

Dec 2012
This conclusion could have been achieved in 4 episodes if there would have been a single psychiatrist employed in that multi-trillion institution where they push the weight of saving the entire human race onto mentally damaged and unstable children.
Giant robots are not my favorite either so this part didn't really help with the overall enjoyment. 6/10, it's okay but nothing more.
Sep 20, 2021 3:39 PM
Oct 2020
The best Episode of NGE. No cap.
Pages (17) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

188 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

152 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

214 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

175 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 7, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

CitizenGeek - Mar 27, 2008

167 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 6, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.