Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 6, 2013 3:54 PM

Mar 2009
Found this pretty boring. I didn't find any of the jokes funny at all. I can't stand anime where the only thing the characters do is talk for pretty much the entire episode. I will be dropping this one.
Oct 6, 2013 4:05 PM

Aug 2011
This was unexpectedly really funny. The only distasteful part for me was the fact that they're purpose was to see a woman's naked body, but getting past that it was pretty fun to watch. It's really, really vibrant and I like the animation style quite a bit unlike some others. I think someone else mentioned it but it felt so SHAFT like at times. But this is really new for Deen and I quite liked it. Hayama (or is it Hayato? I'll get it eventually) is my favourite as of now.
Oct 6, 2013 4:06 PM

Jul 2013
This isn't what I was expecting at all and I'm a little disappointed... But since it's just one episode a week I'll probably keep at it just as some filler.
I hope it gets better as the series goes on~~ I really want to like it, if that makes any sense

...if the image BBCode on signatures would start working again it'd be greatly appreciated ;~~~;
Oct 6, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2012
>studio DEEN
>/lol

Expecting it to be bad. Gonna check it out later/tonight.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 6, 2013 5:03 PM

Apr 2013
That was weirdly entertaining
ED song is nice
Oct 6, 2013 5:10 PM

Apr 2013
I'm changing my rule to 2 episodes only for this one.. I have a feeling I'll be dropping it next week.
Oct 6, 2013 6:19 PM
Nov 2012
I actually fell asleep during this episode. I watched the rest of it later and it was ok. I'll give it one more episode but anticipate a drop next week.
Oct 6, 2013 6:33 PM

Oct 2012
VioLink said:

WE ARE MEGANE BUU UUU

ALL YOU NEED IS M.E.G.A.N.E.

Surprisingly funny show.

^^^^^^^

Brings back memories. I sort of like the animation compared to others this season. Yuushibo wasted their entire budget on boob flicks and others are average. I loved the animation here.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Oct 6, 2013 6:33 PM
Aug 2012
What the fuck did I just watch...
Oct 6, 2013 7:13 PM
Oct 2009
Loved the art style! So colorful and has a nice rythme to it.
I was hoping for a bit funnier but it still had some good moments. And the cool-type guy is pretty neat~ and of course that brother guy was just adorable.
I just hope they stop with the x-ray glasses and get with um, normal glasses-love or something.
Oct 6, 2013 7:17 PM

Aug 2011
Sorayin said:
What the fuck did I just watch...

I - I...I just...I don't know... ??

Still. It made me laugh like crazy XD I'll probably end up watching this until the end.

A little side note: Anyone find it finny when Minabe took his shirt off, he actually had nipples drawn on?? O.o
Oct 6, 2013 7:45 PM

Oct 2012
ever-green said:

A little side note: Anyone find it finny when Minabe took his shirt off, he actually had nipples drawn on?? O.o

For the first time... a male character dominated anime had NIPPLES!

suck it anime anatomy.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Oct 6, 2013 9:06 PM

Mar 2013
Megane, megane everywhere!!! No glasses, No life. LOL. Okay :D

The ED was awesome. I always tend to like songs by Tomohisa Sako, i remembered he also sung Bokutachi no Uta (Zetsuen no Tempest ED2)
Oct 6, 2013 9:47 PM

Sep 2012
More of this dizzying colors and I am sure more people will join the Megane-bu because they now need the eyeglasses LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 6, 2013 10:03 PM

Feb 2010
I actually LIKE the colours, the real life and comic vibe to this!

The 2 shota's are annoying, and creme puff guy reminded me of... my high school friends when they're high on sugar.

idk, it was weird but I'll give this anime a go till episode 3.
Oct 6, 2013 11:04 PM

Feb 2013
The colors they use for this is really vibrant which is new for me and refreshing as well.
It's kinda weird to see other students drawn like that though. And seeing what their goal is, I don't know how this story progresses.

But overall, it's hilarious that they didn't even notice that there's no female nurses there and how they went up and down from the rooftop to the gym and vice versa. xD
Oct 6, 2013 11:04 PM

Jun 2011
VioLink said:

WE ARE MEGANE BUU UUU

Surprisingly funny show.

Completely agree. I couldn't stop laughing. I don't really understand why it's getting so much hate. One thing I love is how they aren't actually trying to hide the yaoi undertones (I'm surprisingly neutral about yaoi now) and the characters all adorably dorky and weird. It's going to plotless probably but the animation is really interesting. I'm looking forward to more of this.

Oct 6, 2013 11:24 PM

Apr 2009
Wow. It's been a long time since I've sat through something I found to be completely unappealing in every way from the get go. The characters, the character designs, the humour, the 'plot', the direction/animation style are all too inane/boring. And I hated the music. I'm unable to find the premise even minimally engaging... despite wearing glasses. Will give it another episode but most likely dropped.
Oct 7, 2013 12:09 AM
Mar 2012
"Brilliant inventions and sublime works of art are never appreciated right away".

I'm hoping that sentence could be applied to this series after the airing finished.
Oct 7, 2013 12:12 AM

Apr 2010
This is crazy... I can't believe someone can compare this to Free!
Ok I give it a try with second episode, but only thing that was good was
"We Are Megane Buu UUU" xDD
Oct 7, 2013 12:14 AM

Sep 2011
Dropped not downloading.
Oct 7, 2013 2:35 AM

Apr 2013
Soooooo how about everyone stops b!tching about the fact that this isn't Free! with glasses. I am sure most of us came here expecting this very fact but obviously thats not the case. How about getting over it and judge this show based on what it really is, its own unique plot (if there is any) and characters.
If you came here for the fanservise Yukiya takes of his shirt in order to reduce air resistance I mean seriously how awesome is that xD This is a comedy about perverted guys with glasses and thats all there is to it. ITS HILARIOUS AND AWESOME DONT LIKE IT DONT WATCH
BUT PLEASE DONT GIVE IT A POOR REVIEW OR SCORE JUST BECAUSE ITS NOT FREE WITH GLASSES.

Thank you.
CureBubbleOct 7, 2013 3:02 AM
Oct 7, 2013 3:14 AM

Jan 2008
That was so stupid and random and blinding with dem colours and all characters are idiots and there is that cute bros love and nobody is serious and random people are just blocks with paper heads and we are megane-bu uuu--

It's wonderful. I'm just crying because of how stupidly funny it is. And cast stones at me but dem guys are acting more like guys than Free! guys. .... guys!
Oct 7, 2013 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
Itermin8rX said:
ever-green said:

For the first time... a male character dominated anime had NIPPLES!

suck it anime anatomy.

Hinami said:
VioLink said:

WE ARE MEGANE BUU UUU

Surprisingly funny show.

Completely agree. I couldn't stop laughing. I don't really understand why it's getting so much hate. One thing I love is how they aren't actually trying to hide the yaoi undertones

^I guess that's the reason why they he had nipples? ^_^
Oct 7, 2013 3:23 AM
Feb 2013
It's nice, but it's gay.
Oct 7, 2013 3:37 AM
Mar 2010
RazorRamona200 said:
It's nice, but it's gay.

....you were expecting otherwise? :P
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 7, 2013 3:56 AM

Jan 2008
RazorRamona200 said:
It's nice, but it's gay.

As in "jubilant"? ^^
I jest. Shows with guys marketed towards females are almost always like this, no revolution here, but personally I find the fanservice more bearable and not over the top like in Free!. Now, now, I don't mean to bash Free! but some portions of swimming anime were far too embarassing and cheesy for my taste (swimming suits shopping spree comes to mind). To be fair - Meganebu! is over the top in other aspects, at least in the first episode, but I don't mind.
Oct 7, 2013 5:41 AM

Jul 2011
This anime hurt my eyes... too many vibrant colours and random shapes flying everywhere. The comedy was a bit off, but I'll keep watching. Giving it a 6/10 for now
Oct 7, 2013 6:13 AM

Sep 2012
Why do people keep saying the colours hurt their eyes and made them dizzy!!?
Go see the eye doctor right now!!! If your eyes are hurting from THIS then something is wrong!!!

Ahem.. Anyway I loved Meganebu! Everything was so vibrant and fresh and I love all the characters. I don't know why people didn't seem to enjoy this? It was really cute and funny. Did you really expect this was going to be as serious as Free!? (and that's saying something)
Mikuo_ChanOct 7, 2013 6:22 AM
Oct 7, 2013 7:13 AM

Apr 2011
Oh wow. The animation is so different than most anime I have watched.
The direction is really creative but the colors are too bright. But no big problem here.

It was hilarious at some parts. I enjoyed it.
Oct 7, 2013 7:17 AM

Nov 2008
Oh wow, they even have glasses fortunes!
This is everything I've ever wanted in an anime...
Oct 7, 2013 8:01 AM

Oct 2012
as expected of yamamoto soubi's art style.
Oct 7, 2013 10:02 AM

Dec 2010
some how i liked the episode , don't know why but this was not supposed to happen ... guess it had similarities with ouran host club .... i'll continue this one... liked it
Oct 7, 2013 11:51 AM

Jul 2007
I liked the art style but that's it.
Neither the characters not the humor were interesting IMO.
Will give some more episodes, but I don't have high hopes for this.
Oct 7, 2013 12:11 PM
Aug 2011
Mikuo_Chan said:
Go see the eye doctor right now!!! If your eyes are hurting from THIS then something is wrong!!!

This is hilarious.
Oct 7, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2012
parfaited said:
Mikuo_Chan said:

This is hilarious.

The colours are not that bad. It's just overly bright and uncomfortable to watch, being animated. It was nice as a PV, but as an entire episode, it felt overdone. There were patterns everywhere and random things thrown so much that my eyes darted around, trying to find a target to look at. :P
Oct 7, 2013 3:19 PM

Mar 2012
ALL YOU NEED IS MEGANE.Much more manly... has way better fanservice.... better characters.... better visual....better ost than than other anime... and not forgeting... characters have nipplesssss.
Oct 7, 2013 3:35 PM

Jul 2011
I came into this with an open mind.

The animation is fine, although I dislike the way they were lazy with the background characters. I understand other animators have done this just like Penguindrum, but as with Penguindrum or anyone else, lazy is lazy.

Don't appreciate the fact that they're basically huge disgusting perverts. It kinda made me unable to like any of them from then on out.

I really hope some character development happens because if the boys are seriously going to be just these huge perverts the whole time then I'm done here.
Oct 7, 2013 3:55 PM

May 2011
I like how the series looks, but yeah, I didn't think they were much else aside from guys looking to see some naked girls. >.>;; My favorite parts were the ending and beginning theme songs.
Oct 7, 2013 5:41 PM

Jun 2013
the art style is certainly interesting and the OST is unique well at least i's intertaining wow dat live action ED
Oct 7, 2013 6:42 PM

Dec 2010
we're all gonna need glasses once we're done with this anime
Oct 7, 2013 8:34 PM

Jul 2012
cyberbaka said:
we're all gonna need glasses once we're done with this anime

^ LOL YES
Oct 8, 2013 12:45 AM
Jan 2011
GAAAAY!
Oct 8, 2013 4:20 AM

Apr 2013
Alright Meganebu! or at least the show to succeed Free! when it comes to bishies...

Well, the guys here are bishies but when it comes to the homoerotic undertones, No. Personally, I think this show is more like Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. Boys doing and thinking boyish stuff (X-ray glasses to see naked girls...Hmmmm...)

I love the fact that the guys are in a technical school. It's so hard to find a show like that. #EngineeringNerd

The sounds and those one liner lyrics are so lovable. Both OP and ED are really catchy, but I prefer the OP. art style is not a problem for me but I like the fact that it's so colourful... xD

As for the characters, I can't believe that I like them all! I love that they are not as stereotypical as other shows have. Plus two shotas for a show full of guys is kinda rare.

I love the comedy of the show as well... Superb start for the show. More Meganebu! please... xD

5/5

Oct 8, 2013 5:57 AM

Sep 2012
It was pretty boring. The guys look extremely dull to me as well.

Guess this isn't my cup of tea.
Oct 8, 2013 6:53 AM

Mar 2013
Nope. Kinda of boring for me. Might be in my drop list.
Oct 8, 2013 6:59 AM

Apr 2013
annoying characters, annoying colours, bad jokes.. at least free was somewhat enjoyable.

i don't see this going anywhere interesting so I'll drop it for now, will lurk in a few weeks to see if I should pick it back up, but I doubt it.
Oct 8, 2013 11:46 AM

Oct 2011
AHHH MUCC and Tomohisa Sako!!!!!!!

Dat friendship TwT
Oct 8, 2013 12:24 PM
Nov 2008
I hated it. I hated it so much I'm surprised I managed to sit through the entire episode.

Like a lot of people I expected a knock-off of Free! (I was aware it was going to be different and hoped very much it would be). What I found was a series riding on the style of shows like Bakemonogatari and Penguindrum. I'm not a fan of this style but when it's done well it's quite enjoyable. Meganebu didn't do it well.

The colours were fine. They stood out a lot but it didn't really bother me. The rest of the animation, however, was a pain to watch. There wasn't much animation. It was sort of disjointed, the characters didn't look like they were actually interacting.

The characters were horrendous! We have the main character, the stoic one, the one that likes cream buns(?) and two shotas. Other people like the idea of men looking and acting like hyper sexualised children, but I find it uncomfortable. Especially when that's the ONLY thing about their characters. Maybe one of them dropped wrenches sometimes? And what was the deal with Akira's brother? Why did he climb all over him? Why is he so smitten?

Dropped.
GrandpunkalexOct 8, 2013 12:27 PM
Oct 8, 2013 12:56 PM

Apr 2007
Hiryu12 said:
I think this show is more like Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. Boys doing and thinking boyish stuff (X-ray glasses to see naked girls...Hmmmm...)
That's what I thought too. It's hard to tell where this series will go, but it's rather fun and I love the art style.

So I guess every male-focused show is going to be compared to Free! from now on? lolanimefans
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meganebu! Episode 8 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2013

26 by OberonFelsach »»
Oct 1, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Meganebu! Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2013

29 by OberonFelsach »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Meganebu! Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2013

34 by OberonFelsach »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:11 AM

Poll: » Meganebu! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 20, 2013

55 by OberonFelsach »»
Oct 1, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Meganebu! Episode 5 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2013

33 by Titadou »»
May 27, 2021 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.