Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 28, 2013 2:14 AM

Dec 2011
I never noticed that...
Aug 28, 2013 2:16 AM

Sep 2012
Yeah, all first reported by fans in Japan. But the title is still not correct. All it says is how it decides not to be cheap when it works on some of the action sakuga and so resorts to cutting corner in other areas. Your title in the thread shows you as nothing but some kind of troll who wants to get sensational and hope people would be provoked by your post LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 28, 2013 2:16 AM

Jun 2013
God, who the hell cares? As long as it's fun to watch.
Aug 28, 2013 2:18 AM

Sep 2012
Yep. Dropped. 1/10.
Aug 28, 2013 2:23 AM
Aug 2012
Woah... They must have really exhausted their budget...
Aug 28, 2013 2:24 AM

Jan 2009
dude anime is limited animation so anything to drastically decrease the budget is gonna be tried
Aug 28, 2013 2:27 AM
Feb 2012
j0x said:
dude anime is limited animation so anything to drastically decrease the budget is gonna be tried

Sounds counterproductive to me.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 28, 2013 2:28 AM

Nov 2012
I did not see the anime yet but, haters gonna hate.
Aug 28, 2013 2:33 AM

Jun 2011
i agree 10/- dropped.
Aug 28, 2013 2:33 AM

Dec 2012
Completely ruined. Will never ever watch AoT again now because you've brought these to MAL's attention
Aug 28, 2013 2:35 AM

Jan 2009
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:

looks like you only notice the truth about anime right now, the truth can be harsh, that is why anime is far cheaper to make than american cartoons that gets full animation all 24 frames per second are drawn unlike japanese anime that usually like 12 frames per second drawn and just do sakuga scenes (money scenes) occasionally, sakuga scenes are those highly animated scenes like awesome fighting scenes that are rarely seen on an anime episode
Aug 28, 2013 2:38 AM

Mar 2012
Using little to gain more isn't really strange.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 28, 2013 2:39 AM
Feb 2012
j0x said:
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:

looks like you only notice the truth about anime right now, the truth can be harsh, that is why anime is far cheaper to make than american cartoons that gets full animation all 24 frames per second are drawn unlike japanese anime that usually like 12 frames per second drawn and just do sakuga scenes (money scenes) occasionally, sakuga scenes are those highly animated scenes like awesome fighting scenes that are rarely seen on an anime episode

Rarely you say?
*looks at F/Z*
I disagree, good sir.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 28, 2013 2:40 AM

Apr 2013
That's actually a bit funny... But it doesn't affect in any way my enjoyment of the anime, so I don't really mind.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 28, 2013 2:40 AM

Sep 2012
OMERGAHD
This is totally new news. I've never heard of any other anime using the same frames more than once.
Aug 28, 2013 2:41 AM

Dec 2012
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:

Rarely you say?
*looks at F/Z*
I disagree, good sir.

Horizon in the middle of nowhere's fighting scenes are pretty well done.[fanboy promotion]
Aug 28, 2013 2:43 AM
Feb 2012
Objurgo said:
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:

Rarely you say?
*looks at F/Z*
I disagree, good sir.

Horizon in the middle of nowhere's fighting scenes are pretty well done.[fanboy promotion]

Too bad you've just met another fanboy. *Horizon high-five*
Aug 28, 2013 2:43 AM

Jan 2009
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:

Rarely you say?
*looks at F/Z*
I disagree, good sir.

well Fate/Zero is rare in terms of highly budgeted anime and besides you can see the sakuga scenes in fate/zero having jerky movements too so that is the evidence of limited animation they are animated with few frames (lower than 24 frames)
Aug 28, 2013 2:50 AM

Sep 2012
j0x said:
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:

Anime doesn't make any where near as much profit as American animated films/cartoons though. It's only natural that they don't go completely hardcore on their production, since they won't be earning millions.
Aug 28, 2013 2:52 AM

Jul 2011
j0x said:
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:

Wow, seriously?? so is it mean that... Cartoon like spongebob, ben 10, family guy, Dora, etc, are more expensive to make than anime like SnK??? Wow.....
Aug 28, 2013 2:54 AM

Jan 2009
Raito said:
j0x said:
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:

Anime doesn't make any where near as much profit as American animated films/cartoons though. It's only natural that they don't go completely hardcore on their production, since they won't be earning millions.

ye i know, only anime films have complete sakuga scenes all through out its playing length

but sometimes naruto shippuuden can have an episode full of sakuga animation just like episode 322
Aug 28, 2013 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
millo said:
j0x said:
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:

Wow, seriously?? so is it mean that... Cartoon like spongebob, ben 10, family guy, Dora, etc, are more expensive to make than anime like SnK??? Wow.....

i never seen those cartoons and from the youtube videos they look limited animation as well im talking about american cartoons like the old looney tunes like bugs bunny where there are no jerky movements on each scenes and you can only see smooth animation all through out
Aug 28, 2013 3:13 AM

Jul 2011
j0x said:
millo said:
j0x said:
GuiltyKing said:
j0x said:

i never seen those cartoons and from the youtube videos they look limited animation as well im talking about american cartoons like the old looney tunes like bugs bunny where there are no jerky movements on each scenes and you can only see smooth animation all through out

mmm kinda confused, so between "Dora the explorer" and "Attack on Titan", which one need more cash to make??

I love looney tunes!!! So Looney Tunes have a bigger budget than some anime like.... mmm Summer Wars? or... Mmmmmm.... Errrr.... Madoka? or something beautiful like.... Ponyo...?

Reality is sure really harsh!!! I don't know if i could enjoy anime as much as i enjoyed it before anymore, since i just found the truth that it is a cheap industry.... It's like... I don't know.... not cool, you know, cheap stuff, like... Not something classy to watch :'(
Aug 28, 2013 3:18 AM

Apr 2013
robinoreo said:
http://i.imgur.com/qYsuZ76.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Fjlg5a1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JPUBE8f.jpg

lol

Run to the window and look at all the fuck's i give are falling from the sky.
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Aug 28, 2013 3:26 AM

Jan 2009
millo said:

mmm kinda confused, so between "Dora the explorer" and "Attack on Titan", which one need more cash to make??

I love looney tunes!!! So Looney Tunes have a bigger budget than some anime like.... mmm Summer Wars? or... Mmmmmm.... Errrr.... Madoka? or something beautiful like.... Ponyo...?

i got no actual money source but from the looks of it Dora The Explorer is much cheaper to make per episode although if it has more episodes than Attack on Titan then of course its more costly to make

Looney Toons of the 1960's definitely has much more higher budget especially its long running show than Madoka which is only 13 episodes and anime movies like Summer Wars and Ponyo and like i said Looney Toons is Full Animation so all 24 frames per second are drawn thats why you can never see jerky movements or you can only see smooth animation in all of its scenes
Aug 28, 2013 4:16 AM

Apr 2008
Oh yay another pointless thread
Aug 28, 2013 4:18 AM

Apr 2013
Mirati said:
robinoreo said:
http://i.imgur.com/qYsuZ76.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Fjlg5a1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JPUBE8f.jpg

lol

Run to the window and look at all the fuck's i give are falling from the sky.

It's funny because its rainning , you quite give alot of fucks.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 28, 2013 4:28 AM

Dec 2012
Are you sure it's all about profit/money?
What if they did that because they didnt have much time?
Aug 28, 2013 4:30 AM

Apr 2008
SoScary said:

It's not like they don't fix up these things in the BD or anything. Oh wait. They do
Aug 28, 2013 9:39 AM

Jun 2012
Darklight0303 said:

- I only draw freestyle! -
Aug 28, 2013 9:52 AM
Jul 2013
Aozumi said:
Darklight0303 said:
Aug 28, 2013 9:53 AM

May 2009
Xinception said:
Aozumi said:
Darklight0303 said:
Aug 29, 2013 11:33 AM

Jul 2009
Love it, re-cycling.
This is the type of thing I'd do.

Aug 29, 2013 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
Queen_Stars said:
Love it, re-cycling.
This is the type of thing I'd do.

Doesn't our entire public education tell us to recycle?
Aug 29, 2013 1:12 PM

May 2013
I don't mind it. For as long as I don't notice sh*ts then thats well enough.
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
Aug 29, 2013 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
The only recycling image I noticed was the one with Levi, I was like; "Why da' heck does he keep doing that face?'

Anyway, I don't really give a crap about it,it doesn't restrict the entertainment levels it gives off.
Aug 29, 2013 7:46 PM

Aug 2013
Shojo-chanCat said:
The only recycling image I noticed was the one with Levi, I was like; "Why da' heck does he keep doing that face?'

Anyway, I don't really give a crap about it,it doesn't restrict the entertainment levels it gives off.

In their defense, Levi isn't the most emotive character
Aug 29, 2013 7:50 PM

Apr 2012
Obviously hasn't seen Neon Genesis.

SoScary said:

Ever heard of the saying "Time is money"?
They do this to cut time so they don't have to pay the animators more for making SnK when that time can go to making another anime.
Aug 29, 2013 10:22 PM

Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Oh yay another pointless post

On topic though, it isn't that rare for a anime to reuse some animation/images. Plus, time is money, friend. At least it isn't as bad as some other anime....
Aug 30, 2013 7:38 PM

Sep 2011
Fun fact, Just about every anime in history does this

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 9, 2013 4:06 AM

Aug 2011
Jyupita said:

Agreed.
Sep 9, 2013 8:06 AM

Aug 2013
Because Shingeki no Kyojin is the first anime to ever do this, huh?

Decrease the budget as much as you can so you can make the parts that need to be awesome, awesome. I noticed these scenes immediately, but I didn't care too much.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Sep 9, 2013 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Jyupita said:

Yup. Also, fake and bisexual
Sep 9, 2013 12:13 PM

Mar 2010
Ahaha.. I knew they used LEVI's pic like 3 times in 1 episode. (The spoon episode)

Did not know about the rest.
Sep 9, 2013 1:09 PM

Aug 2011
This doesnt change the fact that the story is pretty damn good.
Sep 9, 2013 1:21 PM
Aug 2012
Just how much pathetic can these threads get? OH man haters........your tenacity is something else. Get a life kiddos, go out and have some fun rather than getting cooped up in your closet and making stupid threads about some popular anime that you hate!!!

Sep 9, 2013 7:12 PM

Jun 2008
I don't really care?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2013 9:25 PM

Jul 2010
didn't notice that, but i guess its ok becuz they actually make a decent amount of action scenes in the show compared to other anime.
not to mention the plot is so heavy ppl don't notice stuff like this

Sep 10, 2013 12:57 AM

Feb 2013
geralt said:
That's actually a bit funny... But it doesn't affect in any way my enjoyment of the anime, so I don't really mind.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.