Twin longswords or katanas! xD
May 4, 2013 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
Gladiators, Hoplites etc

Those kind of stuff.
May 6, 2013 5:56 PM

Feb 2005
dankickyou said:
wot if we put da shoota on da shoota dat shoots shoota. da way we can dakka while we dakka!!!

Soundz loik a good idee. Lets get da mekboyz on da job.
May 9, 2013 12:15 PM

Nov 2011
woofiewilly said:
Twin longswords or katanas! xD

Dual wielding is bad and you should feel bad. D:

Also bump
The Art of Eight
May 9, 2013 1:29 PM

Aug 2012
Has anyone said daedric armor yet? cause daedric armor is awesome.

I suppose my favorite weapon would be a morningstar.

I've never wielded one, but I'd prefer blunt weapons in general, because they can do their job without needing to hold an edge.

Plus it's a lot easier to disorient an opponent with a blunt weapon if they're wearing armor. Imagine how... noisy (among other things) it would be to get smacked in the helmet with a blunt weapon.

If they aren't killed or unconscious, then they'll surely be unbalanced, which would allow you to continue your assault.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
May 9, 2013 2:25 PM

Sep 2011
@Goryo In fact, yes, someone already did :)
Here:
grape-soda said:
May 9, 2013 3:37 PM

May 2013
I like the Gothic plate armour of the late middle ages and renaissance, as dankickyou showed earlier the armour was not only good at protecting you, but did not hinder your movements much.

My favourite weapon must be the halberd, it was like the Swiss army knife of the middle ages,
and it was also used by some of the most renowned mercenary groups in history.
DatDanimexicanMay 10, 2013 3:07 AM
May 9, 2013 11:55 PM

Feb 2012
I've always been a fan of the tomahawk and bows (longbow, crossbow, and composite bows).

May 11, 2013 1:50 AM

Nov 2012
Persian samshir, Indian talwar, Turkish qilij, Chinese dao, Japanese katana, British cavalry sword, French naval cutlass,...... any curved sword out there. And rapiers for having fancy handguard.

As for armors, chinese armors (post Sui Dynasty) and Japanese armors (from Heian to Edo period)
....of all the arts, for us the cinema is the most important.

-- Vladimir Lenin
May 11, 2013 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
DatDanimexican said:
I like the Gothic plate armour of the late middle ages and renaissance, as dankickyou showed earlier the armour was not only good at protecting you, but did not hinder your movements much.

My favourite weapon must be the halberd, it was like the Swiss army knife of the middle ages,
and it was also used by some of the most renowned mercenary groups in history.

Landsknecht and Swiss <3
The Art of Eight
May 11, 2013 12:37 PM

Sep 2012
The Chain and sickle and the tonfa
May 18, 2013 12:44 AM

Apr 2012
A sword would be enough for me!

。◕‿◕。 Fun In Life is what Matters! The More the Fun the better your Life Becomes!! 。◕‿◕。

May 31, 2013 11:39 PM

Oct 2009
My favourite in looks is the katar

If i had to choose one thing to be proficient in, though, it would be the katana

Gives me a lot of versatility in cutting ability, stabbing ability, drawing ability, ease of motions too as far as i can tell.
Jun 1, 2013 12:43 AM

Jul 2011
For armor, I'm gonna go with minimal

pic mildly related.
Jun 1, 2013 8:03 AM

May 2013
Since whnever I tend to play any game or related material. I tend to gravitate towards stealth. Whether it is the modern way, snipers or the old, a good ole knife in the back.

I'll prefer two stillettos (types of dagger) or two tantos (japanse type of dagger).
As for the armor, light leather armor with a slightly reinforced bracer. Oh and I must have a cloak :3.

My inspiration for this is not assassin's creed. It's actually from a book series called The Night Angel.
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
Jun 1, 2013 8:04 AM

Apr 2013
Nothing beats a sickle.
Jun 1, 2013 8:05 AM

Jul 2012
playmakerjiz said:
The Rock.

• Biblical
  • Hard
  • All shapes and sizes
  • Many purposes
  • Type of pokemon
  • Given enough time - will be your best friend while on a stranded island

הלב שלי כבר מת
Jun 1, 2013 8:14 AM

Oct 2009
Persian Shimshir

Jun 1, 2013 8:39 AM

May 2013
Long katana... No armor...
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
Jun 1, 2013 6:06 PM

Oct 2009
Now I just remembered, I had a nightmare once being chased by a living armor carrying a Morningstar, and got my head squashed...

The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jun 2, 2013 12:35 AM

Nov 2011
azzuRe said:
Now I just remembered, I had a nightmare once being chased by a living armor carrying a Morningstar, and got my head squashed...

..............BADASS.
The Art of Eight
Jun 2, 2013 3:35 AM

Feb 2012
my fucking fists
Jun 3, 2013 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
My latest interest have been South East Asian swords. They are real pretty to look at.

The Art of Eight
Jun 3, 2013 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
I prefer a 37 inch Ninja Katana.
'If people refuse to accept you, then I'll just accept you even more.'
Jun 3, 2013 6:19 AM

May 2013
I found this interesting video.

Jun 3, 2013 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
DatDanimexican said:

I can taste all the delicious weaboo tears. To be fair, there is no such thing as the best swords. They are just tools that are made to deal with certain problems and obstacles and their evolution reflects this. But anything that can counterweight the crazy katana wank is a plus to me :D and I like katanas. Its just that some people have insane ideas of what katanas can actually do. Also thats a longsword not a great sword. :v
dankickyouJun 3, 2013 6:33 AM
The Art of Eight
Jun 3, 2013 6:46 AM

May 2013
dankickyou said:
DatDanimexican said:

I can taste all the delicious weaboo tears. To be fair, there is no such thing as the best swords. They are just tools that are made to deal with certain problems and obstacles and their evolution reflects this. But anything that can counterweight the crazy katana wank is a plus to me :D and I like katanas. Its just that some people have insane ideas of what katanas can actually do. Also thats a longsword not a great sword. :v

I like katanas too but they are so over hyped by the wapanese that it's painful.

I have heard many crazy stories of katanas cutting guns of American soldiers, and they supposedly could cut through 5 bodies at the same time.

Yeah I also noticed the that he used the wrong name.
DatDanimexicanJun 3, 2013 6:52 AM
Jun 3, 2013 7:28 AM

Apr 2013
DatDanimexican said:

I have heard many crazy stories of katanas cutting guns of American soldiers, and they supposedly could cut through 5 bodies at the same time.

Clearly you haven't watched enough anime or played enough video games.

Besides it depends on who you're using it against, if you're a tomato the lighter Katana would have somewhat of an advantage over a long sword.
Jun 3, 2013 7:33 AM
Mar 2011
Secondviennese said:
DatDanimexican said:

Besides it depends on who you're using it against, if you're a tomato the lighter Katana would have somewhat of an advantage over a long sword.

talk to any sword and ask them to forge you a long sword. they will not know what you mean since long sword as a rule is a meta idea taken from RPGs in real war the term long sword does no exsist
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 3, 2013 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
DateYutaka said:
Secondviennese said:
DatDanimexican said:

talk to any sword and ask them to forge you a long sword. they will not know what you mean since long sword as a rule is a meta idea taken from RPGs in real war the term long sword does no exsist

Yeah the proper term is a hand and half sword or a bastard sword
The Art of Eight
Jun 3, 2013 7:40 AM

May 2013
dankickyou said:
DateYutaka said:
Secondviennese said:
DatDanimexican said:

I was about to type that. :L

And no weeboos? :L
DatDanimexicanJun 3, 2013 7:51 AM
Jun 3, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
DatDanimexican said:
dankickyou said:
DateYutaka said:
Secondviennese said:
DatDanimexican said:

:V Have a landsknecht vs swiss image to compensate.

The Art of Eight
Jun 3, 2013 7:57 AM

May 2013
dankickyou said:
DatDanimexican said:
dankickyou said:
DateYutaka said:
Secondviennese said:
DatDanimexican said:

:V Have a landsknecht vs swiss image to compensate.

You have been forgiven.
Jun 3, 2013 7:59 AM

Apr 2013
People actually like this ancient shit, to each their own I guess.
Jun 3, 2013 8:10 AM

May 2013
Arararraragi-kun said:
People actually like this ancient shit, to each their own I guess.

Are you implying that it's weird for someone to have an interest that isn't related to everyday life?

And the time period we were talking about isn't that ancient.
DatDanimexicanJun 3, 2013 8:21 AM
Jun 3, 2013 12:35 PM

Oct 2009
dankickyou said:

that is just the right amount of curve
Jun 3, 2013 2:46 PM

May 2013
I expected more weeaboos. *sob*
Jun 3, 2013 2:47 PM

Dec 2012
Cyanide
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 3, 2013 3:03 PM

Nov 2011
DatDanimexican said:

MAL actually doesnt have as many katana wankers as most anime sites I believe. In any other place, that video and our statements on the katana would have caused a massive shitstorm.
The Art of Eight
Jun 3, 2013 3:09 PM

May 2013
dankickyou said:
DatDanimexican said:

MAL actually doesnt have as many katana wankers as most anime sites I believe. In any other place, that video and our statements on the katana would have caused a massive shitstorm.

This was one of the reasons I joined this site instead of some other anime site, I still hoped for a couple though.

On topic I love the Zweihander may seem very heavy it only weights about 2-3 kilos and it looks badass, I use that sword often in M&B fire and sword.

DatDanimexicanJun 3, 2013 3:15 PM
Jun 3, 2013 11:26 PM

Nov 2011
DatDanimexican said:
dankickyou said:
DatDanimexican said:

This was one of the reasons I joined this site instead of some other anime site, I still hoped for a couple though.

On topic I love the Zweihander may seem very heavy it only weights about 2-3 kilos and it looks badass, I use that sword often in M&B fire and sword.

Zweihanders are the closest thing we will ever have to anime style Big Fucking Swords that actually works and isnt useless deadweight. Have a vid of some fat people chopping stuff with Zweihanders

The Art of Eight
Jun 4, 2013 1:09 AM

Feb 2010
Brown Bess! I just love muskets, I really like the way you have to reload it. Oh and the Guan Dao.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2013 1:19 AM
Mar 2011
most oof weapons training growing up was with a Katana so so i know how good a good quilty one can be

have you [ talking to every one here ] ised or picked up and of the weapons that you say are so good
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 4, 2013 2:13 AM

Nov 2011
MelbShaw said:
Brown Bess! I just love muskets, I really like the way you have to reload it. Oh and the Guan Dao.

Muzzle loading weapons are just so sexy. There's something about firing in volleys, the exhilarating slow reload times, etc that just add to the charm.

DateYutaka said:
most oof weapons training growing up was with a Katana so so i know how good a good quilty one can be

have you [ talking to every one here ] ised or picked up and of the weapons that you say are so good

No one is saying katana is a bad sword. In fact it is a great sword. what people are against however are weaboos who think katana can cut through 3 inches of face hardened steel because their only knowledge of the katana comes from watching anime. :V
The Art of Eight
Jun 4, 2013 2:26 AM
Mar 2011
dankickyou said:
MelbShaw said:

Muzzle loading weapons are just so sexy. There's something about firing in volleys, the exhilarating slow reload times, etc that just add to the charm.

DateYutaka said:

No one is saying katana is a bad sword. In fact it is a great sword. what people are against however are weaboos who think katana can cut through 3 inches of face hardened steel because their only knowledge of the katana comes from watching anime. :V

also you have to factor the skill pf the user too
blades taking the most skill to use in any proper manner
Pole based weapons take bit less
Imporvise weapons like Okama take very little skill to use but very few would master them Nunchaku also fit in to this aera

Jun 4, 2013 4:36 AM

Nov 2011
DateYutaka said:

also you have to factor the skill pf the user too
blades taking the most skill to use in any proper manner
Pole based weapons take bit less
Imporvise weapons like Okama take very little skill to use but very few would master them Nunchaku also fit in to this aera

Skills of course play a major part. Musashi's duel with Koujirou is a prime example of skill triumphing steel when Musashi's wooden oar defeats Koujirou's high quality sword.
The Art of Eight
Jun 4, 2013 9:57 AM
Apr 2013
Kris (dagger): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris
And a crossbow.
As for armour: any light armour or just normal clothing
Jun 4, 2013 10:03 AM

Apr 2013
I always thought katanas were cool, but the claymore is probably my favorite. It looks powerful and badass.
As for armor, I have a huge thing for the Lorica Segmenta (Roman armor) and greek hoplite armor (though I can't exactly remember if there was ever a standard on that one).
Jun 4, 2013 10:09 AM

Jan 2013
Dat Berserk armor...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 4, 2013 10:55 AM
Feb 2013
Personally, I'm one for the brute force of the battle axe, the only limit to its power is the raw hatred of the wielder. The axe itself was often lightly handled and forged with a heavy blade that made parting armour and punching through shields with ease.
I do like the idea of the pole arm, A.K.A the Naginata. The way that the blade was forged combined the positive of both the sword and the spear all in one.

Armour wise, i always prefer light and mobile armour, it makes combat movements and transport easy. On top of that, it is a plus against a heavily armoured opponent, as they're held down with heavy metal, while you wearing thick leather pads, can literally run circles around your enemy.

I don't like modern combat, everything is made to be used from a distance, there is no glory or honour to warfare as there used to be. Okay, sword and lance conventional war was bloody and horrific, but there was honour to it, you finished your enemy face to face, rather than pushing a button and wiping out half a village to kill one human.

Cool thread....
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Has the internet been taking away our free speech?

purple_rayn - Apr 13

39 by ST63LTH »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you have a skin care routine? ( 1 2 3 )

456371000 - May 14, 2020

114 by ST63LTH »»
6 minutes ago

» what is/are your most used app/s???

707supremacist - 52 minutes ago

4 by deg »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

28 by DesuMaiden »»
10 minutes ago

» Will aliens finally appear this century?

Absurdo_N - Apr 7

49 by ST63LTH »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.