Nov 2011
Because its the AotS of winter 2013.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 9, 2013 10:10 PM
Jan 2008
rederoin said:

Please stop insulting the anime industry.
Mar 9, 2013 10:53 PM

May 2011
Because Kurousagi.
Mar 10, 2013 3:02 AM
Feb 2013
Legends and myths. IMO, this show presents a bit of history/mythology in a very entertaining way.
Mar 10, 2013 5:43 AM
Jun 2009
This show has a fun-factor to it as well as a captivating world. The characters are also very strong-willed and irresistible. That's the best I can describe it.

By the time I finish an episode (which feels like 5 seconds) I feel better after it. I think that is always a sign of a good show.
Mar 10, 2013 8:25 AM

Dec 2012
rederoin said:
I agree, interesting world, characters, non-childish humour, we don't have to deal with forced drama, its great.
Mar 10, 2013 11:46 AM

Sep 2011
Decent protagonist, and truth be told, i'd rather have an arrogant jerk who treats characters like shit than one who gets treated like shit, is useless, and can't do shit about it (i.e Yukiteru and Shinji), granted most main characters aren't like that and at some point become awesome, but those few dorks remain dorks for the rest of their life and it doesn't please me in the least.

so for the art and the protagonist.
Mar 10, 2013 9:21 PM

Sep 2011
^I can't read all of that. But it seems like you make a good point.

Anyway, I watched this anime because I was bored. I like the whole "game" premise and the setting. On the other hand, I'm not into the fanservice element of it - but at least it doesn't happen every other minute. The 10 episode limit does seem short and I wish they would give some background on the characters, since it seems hella rushed.

The biggest reason I like this series is the main male mc. I love his gift and his cocky attitude.

At least the male mc isn't this:
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Mar 11, 2013 6:17 AM

Aug 2012
gigglingidiot said:

The biggest reason I like this series is the main male mc. I love his gift and his cocky attitude.

At least the male mc isn't this:

Same here. The series became enjoyable to me mainly because of the MC (and the bunny girl).

And to answer your question OP, most people rate series based on their enjoyment level. A lot of people enjoyed the series, thus the rating. Sure, maybe it was nothing special, but for most of us it was enjoyable.
tripmodeMar 11, 2013 6:22 AM

My Youtube page: link
Mar 11, 2013 7:17 AM

Nov 2011
TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:

Please stop having shit taste.

Mar 11, 2013 11:27 AM
Oct 2010
niaxato said:
For me personally I really like Izayoi. He is not only a badass, but a confident badass at that. Much more refreshing than the stuttering, drooling idiot we normally get for male leads who get smacked around by all the girls and the bad guys until the last 30 secs of the last episode where they finally "power-up" and or gain some balls.

My thoughts exactly.
Mar 11, 2013 1:01 PM

Jun 2008
beautiful characters ; interesting plot ( games )

Mar 12, 2013 12:03 AM

Oct 2011
niaxato said:
For me personally I really like Izayoi. He is not only a badass, but a confident badass at that. Much more refreshing than the stuttering, drooling idiot we normally get for male leads who get smacked around by all the girls and the bad guys until the last 30 secs of the last episode where they finally "power-up" and or gain some balls.

This. And the bunny girl.
Mar 15, 2013 3:53 PM

May 2009
The Opening.
Mar 15, 2013 4:19 PM

Jun 2012
I really liked this series, the fighting scenes were cool but it's score should not be nowhere near 7.80 and 8.10 is really too much for this.
Mar 15, 2013 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
dude it's fun n exciting.
Mar 15, 2013 4:23 PM

May 2012
I stopped watching it at ep 3, did it get better or worse later on?
Mar 15, 2013 7:24 PM

Dec 2012
Mkayyy said:
It gets better, the first half is pretty much information and world building
Mar 17, 2013 3:01 PM

Jun 2011
rederoin said:
TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:

What's AotS? Anime of the Season? If so, back at you, please stop having shit taste, Chihayafuru is a better anime than this and you know that.

Monde11 said:
Mkayyy said:
It gets better, the first half is pretty much information and world building

Sorry, but I have to say, I had less problem with the series in the first 3 episodes, but more to come later on, so, it got worse later on
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 17, 2013 3:36 PM

Dec 2012
Natsu12345 said:
Sorry, but I have to say, I had less problem with the series in the first 3 episodes, but more to come later on, so, it got worse later on
Oh really? A lot of people dislike the first half more because of the monster-of-the-week feel to it, personally I enjoyed the gift game with Pest, mostly because of the fight scenes which the first part lacked.
Mar 17, 2013 3:55 PM

Nov 2011
Natsu12345 said:

What's AotS? Anime of the Season? If so, back at you, please stop having shit taste, Chihayafuru is a better anime than this and you know that.

>Stop disliking what I like.

I never liked chihayafuru, is it so hard to accept to accept that people have different tastes than you?
rederoinMar 17, 2013 3:58 PM

Mar 17, 2013 4:00 PM

Mar 2013
Better question why don't you like it?

For me, I would say, a decent plot not too complicated or too simple and no overplayed drama along with great characters and comedy.
If you look past Izayoi's combat ability(which includes the tactical and intellectual sides btw) he's a strong,independent character with a edge to be mischievous,cocky and a little tsundere.Then Asuka an ojou-sama character who is actually noble(kind of rare in anime) along with being responsible and caring.Compared to the rest You's character is bit bland but her passive apathetic attitude towards everything is fun to watch.Last there is Kurousagi a humble,earnest character whose very loyal and dedicated to her friends despite being very capable and strong when necessary.
Mar 17, 2013 4:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Natsu12345 said:
rederoin said:
TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:

I don't believe it's fair to compare this to Chihayafuru since it's two completely different genres.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 17, 2013 9:34 PM

Dec 2012
Natsu12345 said:
rederoin said:
TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:

I like Mondaiji and Chihayafuru, is there something wrong with liking completely different genres of anime equally?
Mar 17, 2013 9:39 PM
Jan 2008
rederoin said:
Natsu12345 said:

I never liked chihayafuru, is it so hard to accept to accept that people have different tastes than you?

No, but it's hard to accept that there are immature people like you frankly giving anime a bad name in general calling people who actually want good art, good story and such "shit", despite liking under aged moe girls having homosexual relationships with each other. Logic. The fact you have a list dedicated to underaged girls is disturbing, but hey. No judging here. Just saying grow up, your age is showing. People have different opinions, anyone agrees with that, but you're very elitist by saying another persons taste is bad when yours is well... evident.

tommythecat said:

I like Mondaiji and Chihayafuru, is there something wrong with liking completely different genres of anime equally?

When did he/she even say genres is an issue here? They didn't. He/She's saying one is superior than the other (haven't seen Chihayafuru, but have heard it's great).
TheDipstickMar 17, 2013 9:42 PM
Mar 18, 2013 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:
Natsu12345 said:

No, but it's hard to accept that there are immature people like you frankly giving anime a bad name in general calling people who actually want good art, good story and such "shit", despite liking under aged moe girls having homosexual relationships with each other. Logic. The fact you have a list dedicated to underaged girls is disturbing, but hey. No judging here. Just saying grow up, your age is showing. People have different opinions, anyone agrees with that, but you're very elitist by saying another persons taste is bad when yours is well... evident.

Good story? Thats subjective. If anything, you're the immature one who states his opinion as facts and believes his tastes to be better, not to mention your use of buzzwords.

I only called your taste bad because you where acting l;ike a asshole in your first post.
In case you don't get it, I would not have done that if you hadn't somehow implied my 'taste' in ruining the industry, which is even more idiotic.

You and morons like draconismarch are really the ones ruining the anime communities with your bullshit "hurdurr taste can be objective" bullcrap.
rederoinMar 18, 2013 8:02 AM

Mar 18, 2013 8:10 AM

Dec 2012
Moe anime is running the industry though .
~ Just sayin'
Mar 18, 2013 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
I wouldn't say that this anime is "AotS" but it's still good anime exept it's too short and it feels like it's only introduction/Begining to the anime.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Mar 18, 2013 11:23 AM

Feb 2012
Red_Keys said:
-Crys said:
If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90?
Do yourself a favor now, and stop giving a shit about ratings.

Honestly, life will be easier for you.

This.
Mar 18, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2012
Because it's entertaining. I don't want a "Monster" or "Rainbow" every time I watch something. Something like this that is just fun to watch is nice from time to time. I'm pretty sure they stereotyped the characters so much on purpose, it's just an enjoyable series.
Mar 18, 2013 12:11 PM

Jul 2012
rederoin said:
TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:
Natsu12345 said:

Good story? Thats subjective. If anything, you're the immature one who states his opinion as facts and believes his tastes to be better, not to mention your use of buzzwords.

I only called your taste bad because you where acting l;ike a asshole in your first post.
In case you don't get it, I would not have done that if you hadn't somehow implied my 'taste' in ruining the industry, which is even more idiotic.

You and morons like draconismarch are really the ones ruining the anime communities with your bullshit "hurdurr taste can be objective" bullcrap.

I think both of you are acting immature, just stop.
Mar 18, 2013 12:34 PM

Nov 2011
DavidVauhn said:
rederoin said:
TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:
Natsu12345 said:

Because I'm defending myself?

Mar 18, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2012
rederoin said:
DavidVauhn said:
rederoin said:
TheUnknownOne said:
rederoin said:
Natsu12345 said:

Because I'm defending myself?

No, because you are carrying on a stupid argument that just consists of you two insulting each other.
Mar 18, 2013 3:38 PM

May 2009
I had fun watching it and have shitload of gifs.
Mar 18, 2013 5:53 PM

Nov 2012
It's nothing special just average
Only watching for Kurosagi.
Mar 18, 2013 11:03 PM

Jan 2013
I find plenty appetizing about this show.
The character designs aren't extremely unique but their personalities to their design makes them that way.
I feel there isn't any annoying characters in this show. Right off the bat you usually get an "oh I hate that bitch" kind of feel. I don't get that here at all.
Also the arena based alternative reality type of show is just among my favorites. I also love anime revolving around mythology and neat strategies to play out those battles.

*I'd also like to point out that there is so much plot left in the past of each character and why they were chosen. Like You's dad, Izaya's mom, and why asuka may have been chosen. There's So much to learn still.*

Everything I'm watching this year is a Romance/Harem/Slice of life... With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 animes everything else is junk compared to this.
BentoLegendMar 19, 2013 6:21 AM
Mar 19, 2013 7:49 AM

Jun 2009
I don't mind moe anime, in fact I love it

but this anime has ridiculous story, I can't believe many of you rate this anime high :facepalm
just finished, 6/10 is a fair score...
IZUMI64Mar 19, 2013 7:58 AM
Mar 19, 2013 7:45 PM

Dec 2012
IZUMI64 said:
I don't mind moe anime, in fact I love it

but this anime has ridiculous story, I can't believe many of you rate this anime high :facepalm
just finished, 6/10 is a fair score...

moe? what are you even talking about?

You know what else has ridiculous story? Just about every anime in the genre of Fantasy and Supernatural
Mar 20, 2013 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
Lool they way people go people overate this ect... the rating are too high .. like most people are saying who gives a crap about ratings? i mean if you like it you like the anime ! and some others may hate it , theres not an anime out there thats perfect and eeveryone loves it , infact this anime interested me a lot and i think theres prob gona be a secound season as its been rated so high .. so stoop hating ^ eeveryone has different taste ^ sorry just had to say that theres no point in saying this animes bad when uv not even gavve it a proper chance like stop complaining about it skips scenes so? just enjoy to anime thats what its there for
Apr 22, 2013 11:03 PM

Jun 2012
its all about the bunny girl :D
Jul 17, 2013 2:32 PM
Jul 2012
Natsu12345 said:
Kerozinn said:
not realy liking or disliking this show sofar. its really nothing special but it also wasnt hyped into oblivion and it doesnt do really anything wrong. its kind of a brain off show for me.

as it is now its 6/10 at best.

Same, not liking nor disliking, gave it 5 though..

This too. The earlier episodes was promising, but after episode 5 it starts to get predictable and it not enjoyable. Even though I like great characters that are badass, but at least make it with twists or enjoyable stuff so I will keep on watching it. I suspected this too much, but wish they will do it. Planning to put it to my drop list or even put it in my on hold list. Should not try to watch it since this was promising to watch.
6/10
Aug 21, 2013 7:10 PM

Nov 2012
Well if you didn't like it, it just isn't for you.

I personally liked it a lot right from the start, I knew it was only 10 episodes so when I started watching I didn't think it'd be good at all. Guess it's the opposite for some. People started watching expecting something better and ended up disliking it, while I expected something terrible and got something decent.

I strongly suggest watching it till the end though, don't just drop it or put it on hold forever.
Aug 31, 2013 11:19 PM
Jun 2013
Hm, I thought it was really nice. Almost like a much less dark fate zero. The characters have extremely crush-able personalities. Pretty much everybody has to like one of the following: a semi tsundere girl like Asuka, A cute, shy-ish girl like Kasukabe, or Black Rabit's maid like personality. And for the girls, merely having Izayoi is enough to capture most people's hearts. Well, I'm in love with him for sure c:
Sep 3, 2013 1:50 AM

Jun 2011
Corny power up (pointing at the girl who can command other people <even inanimate object which is lulz-worthy>).

Games are all about fighting (straight battle without any strategical plan, and I was comparing it to Tower of God).

MC is way too OP, no prior training and already so strong? Any point in watching an anime with MC so strong that the opponent can't even scratch him, especially when their game system is so bland?

I actually liked the beast woman, hopefully her power doesn't turn into some kind of shitty OP power. Use it smartly, instead of just depending on it's raw strength.

And, bunny girl trying so hard to induce fanservices, well not that I mind if it's not excessive to the point it'll hinder some kind of serious moment.

Don't like how MC destroying other's properties without a care of the world, in his fight against bunny girl.

Anything else? It's been a while since I've watched this.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 3, 2013 4:21 AM

May 2013
Even though Izayoi is just another 'Gary Stu' he is different. He is always confident and is strong throughout the Anime. He didn't become weak and had to train to get stronger (Naruto, Beelzebub etc). I guess Izayoi's character has an important factor to this anime and the fans.
Sep 3, 2013 4:27 AM
Aug 2013
Natsu12345 said:
Corny power up (pointing at the girl who can command other people <even inanimate object which is lulz-worthy>).

Games are all about fighting (straight battle without any strategical plan, and I was comparing it to Tower of God).

MC is way too OP, no prior training and already so strong? Any point in watching an anime with MC so strong that the opponent can't even scratch him, especially when their game system is so bland?

I actually liked the beast woman, hopefully her power doesn't turn into some kind of shitty OP power. Use it smartly, instead of just depending on it's raw strength.

And, bunny girl trying so hard to induce fanservices, well not that I mind if it's not excessive to the point it'll hinder some kind of serious moment.

Don't like how MC destroying other's properties without a care of the world, in his fight against bunny girl.

Anything else? It's been a while since I've watched this.

this. I completely agree to you. This show is really shit that is repeitve to watch.
Sep 3, 2013 7:56 AM

Aug 2013
Crassa said:
Even though Izayoi is just another 'Gary Stu' he is different. He is always confident and is strong throughout the Anime. He didn't become weak and had to train to get stronger (Naruto, Beelzebub etc). I guess Izayoi's character has an important factor to this anime and the fans.
I don't see how he is different at all. Those other people you mentioned aren't seen as Gary Stus.

And I agree with Natsu12345.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 6, 2013 9:20 PM

Oct 2012
Personally I love this series, especially that Badass Izayoi
Because I don't really like (don't hate it too) MC that powered up at last moment or too weak until his/her friends hurt, etc
Izayoi's confident that also plus for this series, just wow..
He just defeated gods & demons just like that.. no need for 3-4 episodes just 30sec-1min
Perverted MC & those jokes with Shiroyasha

Yes, this is just my opinion..
I know some of you just hate this, then just avoid from this series, why bother?

Red_Keys said:
-Crys said:
If this had like 7.40 id would be normal, but 7.90?
Do yourself a favor now, and stop giving a shit about ratings.

Honestly, life will be easier for you.

Welcome to MAL where the ratings are like a joke/shit (sorry for my bad words)
"Signature removed"
Sep 11, 2013 8:16 AM

Jan 2013
coz of bunny girl and dat blonde loli that can turn into sexy woman
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

196 by Fazewally »»
Apr 2, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2013

348 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 10, 2023 6:17 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2013

128 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:24 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2013

111 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

110 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.