Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 23, 2008 7:06 PM

Dec 2007
Please. DB has an ego to protect.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2008 1:00 AM
Nov 2008
Some people like sub and other dubbed. I know I won't be watching Shippuden unless its subbed simply because I prefer sub.
Nov 25, 2008 4:34 AM

Aug 2007
I don't really have a problem with dubs, but I prefer the Japanese audio track with subs because I consider it to be the "original" work. Dubs to me are an adaptation of the original work (because the language track is completely redone, hence not the original), and I don't care for them personally, but to each their own.

Anyway, as for Dattebayo dropping Naruto, I don't care as long as another group comes along to continue where they left off (which will most likely happen). Heck, I bet some group will show up that will take Viz's subs and simply couple them with a raw and distribute that without translating it themselves. They could even fix any (inevitable) Engrish beforehand. I mean, it's better than nothing, and certainly better than watching some streaming flash shit, even if the said flash-shit is in "HD". But as we all know, despite the resolution size, flash obliterates a ton of other video information and "blurs" the video. Ah well. Raws will take care of that problem.

It's kind of ironic too, Dattebayo claims the reason they started subbing Naruto was because no one else could provide the level of quality they did, and now that they're quitting, it's actually going to get worse (in terms of getting it alongside the Japanese broadcast, not DVDs). Sort of tells me they gave up on themselves and resigned themselves to epic fail.

Anyway, worst case I'll watch it on Hulu or Crunchyroll (if Canadians can see the broadcast, I heard rumours it was American-only), take the subs from there, and time and mux them into an mkv with a non-fail raw myself. Might take extra work sure, but it'd be worth it.

By the way, I'm not a Narutard, I actually think the show is going down the crapper slowly. I'm just in it to finish watching what I started years ago. I'm the type who sees things through to the end, some aren't, but whatever.
Nov 26, 2008 1:01 AM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
llxwarbirdxll said:
I heard that Joost and Hulu stream their shows in HD. Of course, that may change, once legions of narutards start sucking up all of their bandwidth.

Joost wont ever stop doing HD since they use the bittorrent protocol to transfer the data while your watching the stream. Once one Narutard starts downloading and watching it, all the others will start getting the data from the people already watching it. Hulu probably wont stop doing HD either since their owned by major movie corporations and get paid to maintain their quality. It's not like Crunchroll or youtube where anime company's just start uploading their content and ask Crunchroll to advertise it so fans will watch it. If Naruto is going to be on Hulu and Joost in HD then I probably wont have a problem with DB dropping it assuming the subs are good and not engrish.
Never used those services before, so I wouldn't know. Joost sounds interesting, though. Do you get to keep the files that you've downloaded?
Nov 26, 2008 11:08 PM

Jul 2007
Ahem, retrieved from tokyotosho:

Anime [DB]​_Pokemon​_Diamond​_And​_Pearl​_007​_[F3209F10].avi Details
Size: 170.00MiB | Date: 2008-11-27 05:46 GMT | Comment: so all of you fell for the naruto drop troll?

You'd think some people would learn after they've been trolled for the 100th time. :|
Nov 26, 2008 11:11 PM

Mar 2008
digiboy123 said:

Size: 170.00MiB | Date: 2008-11-27 05:46 GMT | Comment: so all of you fell for the naruto drop troll?

You'd think some people would learn after they've been trolled for the 100th time. :|

A lot of people are gonna be steaming pissed off now lol.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Nov 26, 2008 11:16 PM

Aug 2008
I currently have Naruto Shippuden on Hold after watching episode 4th since it was hard to watch so much anime on the computer every day so If this is true then I guess I'll drop Shippuden on Episode 85th or 86th . And i can't wait for the dubbed version I've always been a fan of dubbed ^^
Nov 27, 2008 1:07 AM
Nov 2007
I hope it's a troll, I really disliked the fillers. But Shippuden turned into my favorite weekly anime so far. And I count the days till I can see the next episode.
Yeah i'm ataste-less addict >_>
Nov 27, 2008 1:33 AM

Apr 2007
digiboy123 said:

fucking lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2008 10:20 AM

Sep 2008
If Viz is offering subbed versions of Naruto online for free, then there is no reason for DB to continue to sub. I think they already talked about this at Otakon last year. I doubt this is a troll.
Nov 27, 2008 2:51 PM

Oct 2007
The difference between this announcement and the trolls is that they announced that they'll stop subbing beforehand, as opposed to all the other times, where they went "hay we stopped subbing Naruto kthxbye".
Nov 27, 2008 3:28 PM

Nov 2007
I believe it, because if the subbed ep is available for stream very shortly after the ep airs in Japan, more people are going to watch that than wait for DB, since it takes them 12-24 hours to sub after airing. And really, most Naruto watchers will be happy with streams.
Nov 27, 2008 5:43 PM
Mar 2008
Agree with Asako, most of Naruto watcher watch it via YT/other crappy streaming websites, there is no real need for HQ releases.
WishyNov 27, 2008 5:46 PM
Nov 27, 2008 9:23 PM

Jun 2008
troll...
Nov 28, 2008 1:06 AM

Sep 2007
Wow... making this epic drop-announcment and use a show nobody watches to say it's a troll. This, my friends, is the best troll ever.

...and I knew it was weird they released two episodes of Pokemon that are so far behind the other groups, even though they were going to drop it anyway. I lacked the skills to combine the facts. >.<
Nov 29, 2008 12:18 AM

Feb 2008
Neverender said:
digiboy123 said:

fucking lol

And you guy's think that Dattebayo uploaded their own stuff to TokyoTosho...Why in the world would they do that?....you guys are the kinds of people that Dattebayo normally gets when the troll.
Nov 29, 2008 12:40 PM

Oct 2008
It's not a troll guys.
I'm in the IRC channel literally all the time.
They're serious about it. It doesn't matter
Even if noone else picks it up. Someone will pay at crunchy roll and rip the HD subs off each week and torrent them. Hell I might even do it.
Nov 30, 2008 11:36 AM

Jan 2008
Why torrent them? They are free to watch after a week anyway.
Dec 1, 2008 12:41 PM
Nov 2007
Maybe all can't watch? sheesh
And I want mine as files on my computer.
Dec 2, 2008 12:32 PM

Feb 2008
TheUnknownX said:
Why torrent them? They are free to watch after a week anyway.

It is true that they will be free to watch as a stream after one week from sites that offer better quality then CR (Hulu & Joost) But the video quality is still well below one one can get from something encoded in h.264 in a .avi or .mkv format watched on your on pc.

Actually an interesting thought would be if one of these sites decides to use Microsoft's Silverlight technology.....from what I remember when I was watching the olympics online on the Olympic's web site it was actually really good quality, as far as streaming goes and they werer using Silverlight.

(this is where the Computer Technology nerd part of me starts to overpower the Anime Watching nerd part of me)
Dec 3, 2008 6:27 AM

May 2007
I won't let it get the best of me. If it happens... it happens. End of story!
Dec 3, 2008 4:57 PM

Dec 2006
llxwarbirdxll said:
I heard that Joost and Hulu stream their shows in HD. Of course, that may change, once legions of narutards start sucking up all of their bandwidth.

Hulu is already a really popular site, I and many of my friends use it to watch episodes of NBC shows that we may have missed earlier in the week, I doubt their bandwidth will be hurt much by Naruto fans.

I just hope that VIZ does a good job with the subs, like good translation, and hopefully they don't use the ugly bulky yellow font.

Of course whatever they do I'm sure it won't be as nice as DB's subs, they'll end up with subs that try to 'Americanize' the show, which I don't always care for. I like a little taste of Japanese humor in my Anime, don't need the puns changed (and usually dumbed down) to make sense for the general US audience.

Also, I read that VIZ will be releasing 8 episodes every Friday starting January 2nd. Now does that mean we'll have to wait about 11 - 12 weeks for them to get caught up before they release the newest episodes out of Japan that we haven't seen yet? I'm assuming the answer is yes, I can't imagine that they'd release say.. episode 91 before the other episodes are up.
YadGadgeDec 3, 2008 5:04 PM
Dec 3, 2008 7:56 PM

Feb 2008
YadGadge said:
llxwarbirdxll said:

Hulu is already a really popular site, I and many of my friends use it to watch episodes of NBC shows that we may have missed earlier in the week, I doubt their bandwidth will be hurt much by Naruto fans.

I just hope that VIZ does a good job with the subs, like good translation, and hopefully they don't use the ugly bulky yellow font.

Of course whatever they do I'm sure it won't be as nice as DB's subs, they'll end up with subs that try to 'Americanize' the show, which I don't always care for. I like a little taste of Japanese humor in my Anime, don't need the puns changed (and usually dumbed down) to make sense for the general US audience.

Also, I read that VIZ will be releasing 8 episodes every Friday starting January 2nd. Now does that mean we'll have to wait about 11 - 12 weeks for them to get caught up before they release the newest episodes out of Japan that we haven't seen yet? I'm assuming the answer is yes, I can't imagine that they'd release say.. episode 91 before the other episodes are up.

From what I remember from the announcement on the 15th the will start putting up the newest episodes, but at the same time they will be releasing the backlog of episodes for people who need to catch up 'cause they don't watch fansubs. So there should be no delay in getting the new episodes. If I am right anyway.
Dec 5, 2008 1:31 AM

Dec 2007
Some people in here seem to be rather misinformed. TV Tokyo are the ones who will start streaming their English subtitles episodes on Crunchyroll within an hour after they air in Japan (starting on January 8th). They will only be available to paying members, and after a week anyone will be able to watch them.

From TV Tokyo:
TV TOKYO Corporation (“TV TOKYO”) has announced that it will broadcast the animated television series
Naruto via internet streaming directly to monthly subscribers, approximately within one hour of its
Japanese premiere, with English subtitles. The new service is scheduled to launch on January 8, 2009.
The program will be available worldwide outside of Japan. The subscription plan will be commercial-free,
feature high quality video, and will be offered as part of a package that will include several other
brand-new programs as well as many library and classic titles. Details of the subscription plan, pricing
and programming lineup will be announced at a later date.
For this initiative, TV TOKYO is teaming up with Crunchyroll, Inc., based in San Francisco, California,
USA, and it’s making use of its streaming technologies, collections and marketing.
In addition, as early as seven days following the start of the monthly subscription streaming, Naruto will be
streamed online free of charge, supported by advertisements, also through www.crunchyroll.com. At the
same time, the program’s ad-supported streaming may also be available through VIZ Media, LLC on Hulu
and Joost.

Viz will stream the episodes on their own page, www.naruto.com , just a few days after they are released in Japan. Once again, English subtitles (which means you don't have to worry about the craptastic dubs). Starting from January 15 with whatever the newest episode happens to be that day while also releasing 8 episodes from the beginning until the series catch up.

www.naruto.com">From ANN:
Viz Media Announces Unprecedented Multimedia Campaign to Provide Near Simultaneous U.S.-Japan Release of New Naruto Shippuden Animated Episodes for Free on www.Naruto.com
Nov 17th 2008
A NEW GENERATION, A NEW DESTINY

Viz Media Announces Unprecedented Multimedia Campaign To Provide Near Simultaneous U.S.-Japan Release Of New NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Animated Episodes For Free On www.Naruto.com

San Francisco, CA, NOVEMBER 17, 2008 – Viz Media, LLC (Viz Media), one of the entertainment industry's most innovative and comprehensive publishing, animation and licensing companies, has announced an innovative and unprecedented multimedia plan to provide near-simultaneous Japan-U.S. release of NARUTO, one of the most popular Japanese animated and manga properties in the world. This campaign is the latest expansion of Viz Media's ongoing strategy to utilize the web to its maximum potential to stream a variety of hit animated properties.

Beginning on January 15th the latest episode of the NARUTO SHIPPUDEN (English-subtitled) animated series will be available for free viewing on the ultimate destination for anything NARUTO – the official NARUTO website, www.Naruto.com, within days of its original airdate in Japan. A new English-subtitled episode will be added every Thursday thereafter.

On January 2nd, Viz Media will also debut, for free, 8 uncut, English-subtitled episodes from the beginning of the NARUTO SHIPPUDEN series on www.Naruto.com. Each Friday thereafter there will be an additional 8 uncut, English-subtitled episodes added on Naruto.com until the series eventually catches up to the current third season of the hit program. Also, coming this week, an exclusive sneak peek of NARUTO SHIPPUDEN (English-subtitled) debuting on Naruto.com.

And regarding DB... While I do love their subtitles, I really hope this is not a troll. After all, it's the right thing to do. The industry is giving us free subbed episodes in a matter of hours/days (I'm sure waiting a few days for a new episode won't kill you), we might as well support them.

We shouldn't complain about the quality of the videos before even watching them. Besides, Stage 6 showed us high quality streaming was possible.
Dec 5, 2008 1:50 AM

Apr 2008
IMO it is not a troll, they held a panel at Otakon about this, and to continue subbing it would make that panel they held pointless.
Dec 5, 2008 11:44 AM

Mar 2008
FenixAiur said:
Some people in here seem to be rather misinformed. TV Tokyo are the ones who will start streaming their English subtitles episodes on Crunchyroll within an hour after they air in Japan (starting on January 8th). They will only be available to paying members, and after a week anyone will be able to watch them.

From TV Tokyo:
TV TOKYO Corporation (“TV TOKYO”) has announced that it will broadcast the animated television series
Naruto via internet streaming directly to monthly subscribers, approximately within one hour of its
Japanese premiere, with English subtitles. The new service is scheduled to launch on January 8, 2009.
The program will be available worldwide outside of Japan. The subscription plan will be commercial-free,
feature high quality video, and will be offered as part of a package that will include several other
brand-new programs as well as many library and classic titles. Details of the subscription plan, pricing
and programming lineup will be announced at a later date.
For this initiative, TV TOKYO is teaming up with Crunchyroll, Inc., based in San Francisco, California,
USA, and it’s making use of its streaming technologies, collections and marketing.
In addition, as early as seven days following the start of the monthly subscription streaming, Naruto will be
streamed online free of charge, supported by advertisements, also through http://www.crunchyroll.com. At the
same time, the program’s ad-supported streaming may also be available through VIZ Media, LLC on Hulu
and Joost.

Viz will stream the episodes on their own page, http://www.naruto.com , just a few days after they are released in Japan. Once again, English subtitles (which means you don't have to worry about the craptastic dubs). Starting from January 15 with whatever the newest episode happens to be that day while also releasing 8 episodes from the beginning until the series catch up.

www.naruto.com">From ANN:
Viz Media Announces Unprecedented Multimedia Campaign to Provide Near Simultaneous U.S.-Japan Release of New Naruto Shippuden Animated Episodes for Free on http://www.Naruto.com
Nov 17th 2008
A NEW GENERATION, A NEW DESTINY

Viz Media Announces Unprecedented Multimedia Campaign To Provide Near Simultaneous U.S.-Japan Release Of New NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Animated Episodes For Free On http://www.Naruto.com

San Francisco, CA, NOVEMBER 17, 2008 – Viz Media, LLC (Viz Media), one of the entertainment industry's most innovative and comprehensive publishing, animation and licensing companies, has announced an innovative and unprecedented multimedia plan to provide near-simultaneous Japan-U.S. release of NARUTO, one of the most popular Japanese animated and manga properties in the world. This campaign is the latest expansion of Viz Media's ongoing strategy to utilize the web to its maximum potential to stream a variety of hit animated properties.

Beginning on January 15th the latest episode of the NARUTO SHIPPUDEN (English-subtitled) animated series will be available for free viewing on the ultimate destination for anything NARUTO – the official NARUTO website, http://www.Naruto.com, within days of its original airdate in Japan. A new English-subtitled episode will be added every Thursday thereafter.

On January 2nd, Viz Media will also debut, for free, 8 uncut, English-subtitled episodes from the beginning of the NARUTO SHIPPUDEN series on http://www.Naruto.com. Each Friday thereafter there will be an additional 8 uncut, English-subtitled episodes added on Naruto.com until the series eventually catches up to the current third season of the hit program. Also, coming this week, an exclusive sneak peek of NARUTO SHIPPUDEN (English-subtitled) debuting on Naruto.com.

And regarding DB... While I do love their subtitles, I really hope this is not a troll. After all, it's the right thing to do. The industry is giving us free subbed episodes in a matter of hours/days (I'm sure waiting a few days for a new episode won't kill you), we might as well support them.

We shouldn't complain about the quality of the videos before even watching them. Besides, Stage 6 showed us high quality streaming was possible.

Thanks alot for clearing all of this up. Would you mind if I copied and pasted what you said above so I can clear up the confusions on other websites?

Dec 5, 2008 5:22 PM

Aug 2007
Well, I'd still prefer to have files on my computer that I can watch in high quality. Even for a show like Naruto, I wouldn't be able to stand watching my anime streamed, I'm sure no hardcore fan of anime in general could bring themselves to do that with ANY series.

For the same reason, I don't buy DVD's of shows that aired originally in high definition, unless it comes out as a Blu-Ray release. I'm pointing at you Gurren Lagann...
Dec 5, 2008 11:15 PM

Jun 2007
dmneyeskyo said:
YadGadge said:
llxwarbirdxll said:

From what I remember from the announcement on the 15th the will start putting up the newest episodes, but at the same time they will be releasing the backlog of episodes for people who need to catch up 'cause they don't watch fansubs. So there should be no delay in getting the new episodes. If I am right anyway.

Joost has already been getting Naruto episodes like crazy. Their no where close to the current episode or even the second season for that matter but the fact that Joost isn't taking down any of the eps is a good thing. At some point both seasons one and two will probably be on Joost. Bleach is also being added with Subs and Dubs on there as well. Viz has their own "channel" on there so I guess they have direct access to their content.
Dec 7, 2008 1:14 PM

Oct 2008
You guys don't get it.
Even though they are stopped around episode 91. Take a good look at their website. There are no links to the recently aired double feature ~ however they DID sub it and they released it off their website.

I hope they do the right thing and drop it.
However it looks like they're going to continue subbing it behind VIZ's back.
Dec 7, 2008 2:34 PM
Oct 2006
Viperslayer said:
You guys don't get it.
Even though they are stopped around episode 91. Take a good look at their website. There are no links to the recently aired double feature ~ however they DID sub it and they released it off their website.

The topic on their irc channel says that they are having problems with their tracker so they used another one for distributing the special. So, who didn't get it?

Edit: And now it's on their website as well.
LateDec 8, 2008 2:23 AM
Dec 7, 2008 5:23 PM

Dec 2006
Late said:
Viperslayer said:
You guys don't get it.

The topic on their irc channel says that they are having problems with their tracker so they used another one for distributing the special. So, who didn't get it?

Yeah, if you look at their tracker most of the stuff on there has 0 seeds, so they're definitely having issues with the tracker. Someone suggested that when they announced that they were no longer going to be releasing episodes (And removing old ones from the tracker?) that people started to swarm their tracker downloading old eps.
Dec 26, 2008 11:03 PM

Oct 2007
Narutards, we must unite and create a organization against dattebayo and TV Tokyo from offering LQ subbed version of a LQ show on a LQ video share site! We must stop crappy LQ subs with crappy LQ subs!!

I hereby name this organization, Celestial Being >:P
if you havent relized it yet this was a Gundam 00 Parody XD Wooo, I had nothing to contribute to the conversation D:
Dec 29, 2008 7:36 PM

Feb 2008
Icy-nee-san said:
Narutards, we must unite and create a organization against dattebayo and TV Tokyo from offering LQ subbed version of a LQ show on a LQ video share site! We must stop crappy LQ subs with crappy LQ subs!!

I hereby name this organization, Celestial Being >:P
]if you havent relized it yet this was a Gundam 00 Parody XD Wooo, I had nothing to contribute to the conversation D:

great, good for you
Dec 31, 2008 1:15 AM
Apr 2008
I gotta say I take back what I said earlier about the quality, just checked out the 720p sample and it looks really good. Might buy a one year subscription if the subs are decent, since I want to watch Skip Beat aswell.
Dec 31, 2008 10:29 AM

Oct 2008
Pwnography said:
I gotta say I take back what I said earlier about the quality, just checked out the 720p sample and it looks really good. Might buy a one year subscription if the subs are decent, since I want to watch Skip Beat aswell.

You know it's still gonna be subbed somehow right?
And it'll still be released around the same time as it usually has been.
Jan 1, 2009 12:35 PM

Aug 2007
Another DB bullshit ?
anyway Its a good news ;D ? for me ;O
(hates naruto)
Jan 8, 2009 12:56 PM

Aug 2008
Troll or no troll, DB would always be the best subbers for Naruto.

Thing is, the videos uploaded by Viz better be free and good or else we gave it away for nothing. But this isn't quite fair, though. For most part, this is still bullcrap. DB is dropping Naruto because of official releases, even after years into service of subbing them. I don't like the whole thing one bit.

If DB actually drops this for real and they're replaced by crappy 2nd rate bastards and it's to be paid and all the other option left to watch Naruto is to watch the dubs, I'll either go protest, drop Naruto, or try to do something really stupid and in turn might actually work.
Jan 9, 2009 4:40 AM

Sep 2007
Just tried to see how good Viz' video quality is and what happens?

"The requested video cannot be displayed in your region"

Europe, you just got owned once again! And this is supposed to be the great revolution in the world of Anime outside of Japan? Hello there, Viz, "Outside of Japan" is more than just America. Really, look it up on Google Earth if you don't believe me...
SpadeJan 9, 2009 5:11 AM
Jan 9, 2009 4:48 AM
Oct 2008
haha yeah, I just tried to watch an episode from Viz aswell and I got the same message, gj there Viz.

Jan 9, 2009 3:39 PM

Feb 2008
Spade said:
Just tried to see how good Viz' video quality is and what happens?

"The requested video cannot be displayed in your region"

Europe, you just got owned once again! And this is supposed to be the great revolution in the world of Anime outside of Japan? Hello there, Viz, "Outside of Japan" is more than just America. Really, look it up on Google Earth if you don't believe me...

Got the same message too. Apparently the streaming site they used is only available in the USA.

Jan 9, 2009 5:13 PM

Aug 2008
I take back what I said about Viz...they don't care about the viewers...heck no company that charges money to let people watch anime cares about viewers.

Besides, it's just plain stupid DB dropped Naruto for Viz. Nevertheless, I'm sure a fansubbing group with be brave and justified enough that they will make subs and then show Viz that they ain't getting anything if they just show it on ONE country. But then the problem is, most Americans are corrupted...take Bush for example. He's so corrupt that an Iran reporter threw not one, but two shoes at him. But for some reason, he dodged all 2 like it was dodgeball.

Jan 9, 2009 5:22 PM

Feb 2008
Eh?, Some people gotta realize its not as simple as allowing everyone to view it. They need the license for that region.
Jan 9, 2009 7:34 PM

Dec 2007
Sephor said:
Eh?, Some people gotta realize its not as simple as allowing everyone to view it. They need the license for that region.

Ohi Dattebayo! Thanks for dropping it to Viz and saying "Fuck you" to Europeans!
Jan 9, 2009 8:55 PM

Nov 2007
That's so stupid. The reason they named themselves 'Dattebayo' is because of Naruto.

Meh, 2 months from now, everyone would remember DB as the subbers who- wait, 2 months from now DB would be completely forgotten by anyone if they stop subbing Naruto.

Jan 9, 2009 9:39 PM

Jun 2008
As a note for the Europeans, Shippuden is being aired under the same restrictions and timelines on both hulu.com and joost.com. if your problem is CR, then one of those might help.
Jan 9, 2009 10:29 PM

May 2007
darkninja_loki said:
I take back what I said about Viz...they don't care about the viewers...heck no company that charges money to let people watch anime cares about viewers.

Besides, it's just plain stupid DB dropped Naruto for Viz. Nevertheless, I'm sure a fansubbing group with be brave and justified enough that they will make subs and then show Viz that they ain't getting anything if they just show it on ONE country. But then the problem is, most Americans are corrupted...take Bush for example. He's so corrupt that an Iran reporter threw not one, but two shoes at him. But for some reason, he dodged all 2 like it was dodgeball.

You jerk, no ifs, ands, or buts you are a jerk. You want to have anime make no money, you would like to see it all go away, just cause you are afraid of spening money on it. Guess what every company is out to make money.

The region locking is wrong, but saying anime should only be free is an asshole greedy thing to say.
My anime list
Jan 10, 2009 12:13 AM

Sep 2007
Everyone seems to think of Anime as something high and mighty but it's still just a TV show. I don't pay money to watch a TV show, that's what commercials are for. I wouldn't mind having a commercial break within an episode if that's what it takes to have it for free.

conankudo4 said:
As a note for the Europeans, Shippuden is being aired under the same restrictions and timelines on both hulu.com and joost.com. if your problem is CR, then one of those might help.

Nope, same region lock. Guess I'll have to go to CR for now unless someone else starts subbing this... I prefer to play the files from my PC but I don't think I have much of a choice. But who knows? CR might region-lock as well if Viz or TVTokyo ask them to?
SpadeJan 10, 2009 12:19 AM
Jan 11, 2009 6:43 PM

Jul 2008
This doesn't really make sense if you think about it. DB subs Bleach as well, but Bleach has been licensed for a long time...

Technically subbing Shippuuden wasn't illegal until Viz bought it. So why does having official subs make a difference when official dubs don't? Am I missing something here?
Jan 11, 2009 10:51 PM

Mar 2008
Gin-iro said:
This doesn't really make sense if you think about it. DB subs Bleach as well, but Bleach has been licensed for a long time...

Technically subbing Shippuuden wasn't illegal until Viz bought it. So why does having official subs make a difference when official dubs don't? Am I missing something here?

DB stopped subbing Shippuden because Viz is providing the subbed version online.

Jan 12, 2009 8:40 AM

May 2008
WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT DB WHILE THERE'S ALREADY A NEW GROUP SUBBING NARUTO. AND AT LEAST THEY HAVE A GOOD VIDEO QUALITY. NOT A CRAP LIKE DB WAS DOING.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Feb 28, 2008

76 by natsuyah »»
Apr 28, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 9 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Sep 8, 2009

27 by Iago97 »»
Apr 27, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.