Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2008 3:19 PM

Sep 2007
With the recent news of Naruto being uploaded to various video sites by official sources, Dattebayo has officially announced they will drop Naruto starting from that date. It doesn't seem to another one of DB's troll as there is even an article on ANN about it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 21, 2008 3:35 PM
Oct 2008
I guess that we'll just have to wait and see...

Nov 21, 2008 3:36 PM

Apr 2007
Wasabi said:
It doesn't seem to another one of DB's troll.

lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2008 3:54 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
I call bullshit.
Nov 21, 2008 4:53 PM

Jan 2008
Here's the link to it: http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/100

I think it's gay that they're dropping it. Maybe I should drop it too. I tend to stick with DB beacuse they make the best, but if they're not making it any more then that kinda defeats the purpose. Very disappointed.
Hello!
Nov 21, 2008 4:57 PM

Apr 2007
I'll be dropping Shippuuden after the current arc anyway so it doesn't matter to me.
Nov 21, 2008 4:59 PM

Nov 2007
...Wow, this is the first time they'll be dropping Naruto!
Nov 21, 2008 6:40 PM
Nov 2008
I still wouldn't be supprised if their faking it. They've done this like 5+ times in the past. This one might be a little more elaborate than the others. Besides if this is for real which it might be it might not I wouldn't be sad about it. Their a bunch of A holes.

edit: Also funny that their announcing it right after one of the best fight scenes of the entirety of Shippuden
JerkrageNov 21, 2008 6:44 PM
Nov 21, 2008 6:50 PM
Aug 2007
If this is true, DB is being rather damn classy about it - a first for them.

Even if someone else picks it up, it won't be long before that group sees a Cease & Desist form.

There's nothing wrong with watching subs on CR or watching the dubs on air or buying the uncut DVDs when they come out.
Nov 21, 2008 7:35 PM

Jun 2008
I believe it to be true. Now that Viz will be releasing dubs of the series same day as Japan it whole fan sub isn't needed anymore. I know the dub voice actors are horrible but if its same day as Japan that means we will be getting Naruto on Wednesday now so i think i might be able to bear the pain to my ears when Naruto speaks.
Nov 21, 2008 7:41 PM

Nov 2007
the dubs won't be released that fast. The subs will be. Dubs will still be slow and crap as per usual.
Nov 21, 2008 7:50 PM

Jun 2008
Asako said:
the dubs won't be released that fast. The subs will be. Dubs will still be slow and crap as per usual.

ah my mistake i read the article wrong, they will be releasing subs on crunchyroll. So it would be nice they get DB on the team to do so, but either way were still getting naruto.
Nov 21, 2008 7:56 PM

Jul 2008
Regardless of Japan getting on their own subbing thing, I think DB is still going to sub Naruto. They just seem like the kind of people who won't let the man get in their way of providing people with illegal, unpaid subbing work.
Nov 21, 2008 8:01 PM

Mar 2008
This is wonderful news :D

Now more people will stop watching the sub and instead watch the Dub ^_^.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Nov 21, 2008 8:04 PM
Aug 2007
Baby_Naruto said:

We can only hope >:D
Nov 21, 2008 8:16 PM

Mar 2008
the_seventh_l said:
Baby_Naruto said:

We can only hope >:D

Indeed, that is all we can do, bwhahaha.

Nov 21, 2008 8:22 PM

Nov 2007
Baby_Naruto said:

No, they won't. If it can't be easily downloaded a lot of people will just stop watching. Though streaming appeals to the general Naruto market I suppose so not many will be terribly bothered I imagine.
Nov 21, 2008 8:39 PM

Mar 2008
Asako said:
Baby_Naruto said:

No, they won't. If it can't be easily downloaded a lot of people will just stop watching. Though streaming appeals to the general Naruto market I suppose so not many will be terribly bothered I imagine.

I was talking about them switching over to watching the english dub on TV, NOT online lol.

Nov 21, 2008 8:46 PM

Nov 2007
Baby_Naruto said:

I was talking about them switching over to watching the english dub on TV, NOT online lol.

Very unlikely since the TV episodes are a fair ways behind. I do watch dubbed Naruto on CN from time to time, but they're so far back it's a joke. Not to mention they repeat seasons regularly instead of just going on to the next; a lot of people get fansubs so they don't have to wait for the story to unfold (Yeah, with Naruto's pacing gg >.>) but whatever I guess.
Nov 21, 2008 8:54 PM

Mar 2008
Asako said:
Baby_Naruto said:

Very unlikely since the TV episodes are a fair ways behind. I do watch dubbed Naruto on CN from time to time, but they're so far back it's a joke. Not to mention they repeat seasons regularly instead of just going on to the next; a lot of people get fansubs so they don't have to wait for the story to unfold (Yeah, with Naruto's pacing gg >.>) but whatever I guess.

Well, I don't really mind the waiting since I always have tons of other english dubbed anime series to watch lol.

Nov 21, 2008 9:00 PM

Feb 2008
Anyone know for sure if its gonna be dub or sub?, cause the trailer seemed like it was dubbed...
Nov 21, 2008 9:02 PM

Jun 2007
I doubt it very much that they plan to drop it. First, DB has always been against streaming video because it degrades the quality. Second, they have never given a shit about what people think including anime company's, so I doubt they would just pack up because Viz plans to start releasing the show on Crunchfuck.

Personally, I hope they release the subs on more then Crunchrole. Joost and Hulu would be the better choices since they offers up HQ video.
Nov 21, 2008 9:03 PM

Nov 2008
Maybe if we are lucky the whole series will die too!
Nov 21, 2008 9:21 PM

Oct 2007
Even if they do drop it, there'll be other fansub groups to pick it up. We'll also be seeing a lot of "omg y dey nt us -san in deyr trnsltn????? fukin n00bs".
Nov 21, 2008 9:52 PM

Jul 2008
Didn't they do this like 5 times for other shit as well?
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Nov 21, 2008 10:56 PM

Oct 2007
A line i never thought id actually use seriously...

BELIEVE IT

The waves over guys no more food-named ninja, unless you use another fansub/watch the dub/viz's subs
Nov 21, 2008 10:57 PM

Jul 2008
Icy-nee-san said:

BELIEVE IT

The waves over guys no more food-named ninja, unless you use another fansub/watch the dub/viz's subs

You mean Viz's dubs?
Nov 21, 2008 11:06 PM

Mar 2008
Aeiou said:
Icy-nee-san said:

BELIEVE IT

You mean Viz's dubs?

Nope, Icy-nee-san meant to say viz's subs.

Nov 22, 2008 12:07 AM

Feb 2008
I've been paying attention to this unfolding ever since TV Tokyo annonced earlier this week that they would be doing this along with VIZ. They will also be putting the subbed episodes on Joost and Hulu after a week. They will be on Crunshyroll 4-5 hours after they air in Japan for people willing to pay, and a after a week will be free to watch. That is when the episodes will also be added to Hulu and Joost.

Personally I am going to wait and see what happens once this all goes down 'cause there is still more then a month for all of this stuff to hit the fan. If everything does end up going through, then there will be someone who manages to rip the episode of of Hulu or Joost and make a torrent for it. But, hopefully, most people will just be content with watching it over the net.

Nov 22, 2008 12:35 AM

Mar 2008
i hope its a troll...
Nov 22, 2008 2:25 AM

Oct 2008
Haha yea right.
Nov 22, 2008 2:27 AM

Oct 2008
Also

you know its true

even if they do drop it
some speed sub group will pick it up right away lawlz
Nov 22, 2008 2:37 AM

Nov 2008
:/

It sucks either way.
Nov 22, 2008 4:03 AM

Oct 2008
Possibility No.1 : This is the best troll DB ever made.
No.2: Simply true.

But since making us think about stuff like that is what DB does best, all we can do is wait and see I guess...
Nov 22, 2008 4:54 AM

Oct 2007
Baby_Naruto said:

What? NOO!!!
I rather learn japanese perfectly than watch any DUBs ...

i hate hate hate hate dubs
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2008 7:15 AM
Aug 2007
Peralisc said:
Baby_Naruto said:

What? NOO!!!

then get the uncut DVDs when they come out or import the Japanese ones. No one's forcing you to watch dubs.
Nov 22, 2008 8:36 AM

May 2008
the_seventh_l said:
Peralisc said:
Baby_Naruto said:

What? NOO!!!

then get the uncut DVDs when they come out or import the Japanese ones. No one's forcing you to watch dubs.

Without subs what should I do? Stop watching anime? Coz you know my country doesn`t have anything anime related.
Nov 22, 2008 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
the only bad thing about this to me is the fact that I don't like watching episodes over the internet anymore

It used to be the only way I watched fansubs, but once I started downloading episodes and watching them in HD or at least HQ, I gave up watching streamed episodes

I guess I have to get used to watching streamed episodes again
Nov 22, 2008 8:58 AM
Aug 2007
Nijo said:
the_seventh_l said:
Peralisc said:
Baby_Naruto said:

What? NOO!!!

Without subs what should I do? Stop watching anime? Coz you know my country doesn`t have anything anime related.

How would I know what your country has? It's not even in your profile >.<

Also, I don't see what you're getting at. Subs aren't going to end.
Nov 22, 2008 9:11 AM

Apr 2008
Well it doesn't really seem like a troll with the stuff happening in the anime industry now. Viz is going to provide free streaming after a week (streamy is sucky though :/) of the series subbed and that's pretty damn good.
Guess time will tell what's going to happen.
Nov 22, 2008 1:19 PM
Apr 2008
Nijo said:
the_seventh_l said:
Peralisc said:
Baby_Naruto said:

What? NOO!!!

Yeah but if you still want to watch the show you can just watch the stream. I'll drop Naruto if there won't be any fansubbers cause I can't stand watching anime in low quality.
Nov 22, 2008 2:01 PM

Feb 2008
Pwnography said:
Nijo said:
the_seventh_l said:
Peralisc said:
Baby_Naruto said:

What? NOO!!!

Yeah but if you still want to watch the show you can just watch the stream. I'll drop Naruto if there won't be any fansubbers cause I can't stand watching anime in low quality.

Same here. The only difference is that I'm a huge Anti-Crunchyroll person.

Nov 22, 2008 3:20 PM

Mar 2008
It sucks cause crunchy roll will upload it to a shitty resolution and make you pay for a better stream.
Nov 22, 2008 7:56 PM
Oct 2007
CrunchyRoll Doesn't all stream with bad quality. Some dramas that i watch on Crunchy are in h264.
Nov 22, 2008 9:43 PM

Jan 2008
Why the hell would you drop an anime because of a fansubber? What the hell kind of thinking is this? Fansubber groupies? Whatever next?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Nov 23, 2008 12:39 AM

Feb 2008
I'm presonally of the opinion that Dattebato is serious this time.

However I'm also hoping that the quality of either the translation sucks or the video quality is horrendous so DB will pick it back up again.

I've found that my own personal way of giving back to the community is to start buying more merchandise. I don't really have the money to spend on DVD's or the space to store them. but every now and then purchasing a rather spendy model or something has the same, if slightly smaller effect.
Nov 23, 2008 12:41 AM

Oct 2007
I heard that Joost and Hulu stream their shows in HD. Of course, that may change, once legions of narutards start sucking up all of their bandwidth.
Nov 23, 2008 1:16 PM
Apr 2008
Cihan said:
Why the hell would you drop an anime because of a fansubber? What the hell kind of thinking is this? Fansubber groupies? Whatever next?

Videoquality groupie :<
Nov 23, 2008 6:05 PM

Jun 2007
llxwarbirdxll said:
I heard that Joost and Hulu stream their shows in HD. Of course, that may change, once legions of narutards start sucking up all of their bandwidth.

Joost wont ever stop doing HD since they use the bittorrent protocol to transfer the data while your watching the stream. Once one Narutard starts downloading and watching it, all the others will start getting the data from the people already watching it. Hulu probably wont stop doing HD either since their owned by major movie corporations and get paid to maintain their quality. It's not like Crunchroll or youtube where anime company's just start uploading their content and ask Crunchroll to advertise it so fans will watch it. If Naruto is going to be on Hulu and Joost in HD then I probably wont have a problem with DB dropping it assuming the subs are good and not engrish.
Nov 23, 2008 7:00 PM

Nov 2007
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Feb 28, 2008

76 by natsuyah »»
Apr 28, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 9 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Sep 8, 2009

27 by Iago97 »»
Apr 27, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.