Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 9, 2012 7:12 PM

Jun 2010
Anything is possible in SAO.
Nov 9, 2012 7:22 PM

Mar 2012
Niyawa said:
ataraxial said:
Staying in-universe, Suguha is a special case because all of the other girls went with the pattern "Kirito hangs out with me for a bit-> I fall in love with him." What the anime makes Suguha's situation look like is "Kirito goes comatose -> I fall in love with him," which is at least slightly silly and confusing.

That would be another way to look at it. You have a "brother" or friend that you're related with. Suddenly that same brother/friend enters in comatose, and you realize that you really liked being with him and stuff. Now try to put yourself in Suguha's situation. Far as I know, she wasn't very close with him at all. And was trying to close the gap in their relationship (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). That's what makes it inconsistent. The fact that she fell in love with him while they never really had a chance to close that gap.

Again, I believe everyone knows that it's simple a plot device (making Kirito look badass). Because in-universe something like this happening would be pretty rare, if I care to say, unrealistic. But again, I don't want to argue with this because everyone has their circumstances, so while it's "unrealistic" for me. It can be something normal or rather, in the situation, meant to happen.

They were close, but became more distant when Kirito got immersed at MMO world (That was when he gave up in Kendo, don't know the year)
Nov 9, 2012 7:25 PM

Mar 2012
@Kiyama
"In-universe" means only considering what we know from within the universe of the anime or the LN. It excludes reasons like "people like incest" or "SAO is a harem" because those are meta-reasons about the work from our perspective and not from the perspective from within the fictional universe of SAO. I think you're misinterpreting "in-universe" as "real life." It's the opposite.

deathxempress said:
Anything is possible in SAO.

Does that include polygamy?
Because otherwise, Suguha has as much of a chance of ending up with Kirito as Sachi does.
Which is silly because Suguha >>> Asuna. Discuss.
Nov 9, 2012 7:30 PM

Jan 2011
ataraxial said:
@Kiyama"In-universe" means only considering what we know from within the universe of the anime or the LN. It excludes reasons like "people like incest" or "SAO is a harem" because those are meta-reasons about the work from our perspective and not from the perspective from within the fictional universe of SAO. I think you're misinterpreting "in-universe" as "real life." It's the opposite.

It's Niyawa, hahaha. Just Niya is fine. My apologies then, I was lazy to look up the meaning and made an assumption.

>Suguha >>> Asuna
Good taste confirmed.
Nov 9, 2012 7:34 PM

Mar 2012
Niyawa said:
It's Niyawa, hahaha. Just Niya is fine. My apologies then, I was lazy to look up the meaning and made an assumption.

Oh lol, sorry. Kiyama-sensei from Railgun is a badass, so you should take it as a compliment.
Nov 9, 2012 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
ataraxial said:
Oh lol, sorry. Kiyama-sensei from Railgun is a badass, so you should take it as a compliment.

That never got into me, haha. Though while I recognize her character, it's kinda weird to me to be referred like that so I'd like you to use Niya. But she's cool, don't worry.
Nov 9, 2012 8:22 PM

Oct 2012
ataraxial said:
because otherwise, Suguha has as much of a chance of ending up with Kirito as Sachi does.

No! we will not discuss this xD
Nov 9, 2012 8:28 PM

Mar 2012
vbyo said:
ataraxial said:
because otherwise, Suguha has as much of a chance of ending up with Kirito as Sachi does.

No! we will not discuss this xD

Not again. Here's a favorite character thread
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=495545
and one for Sugu's sugus, I know you guys are going to discuss it anyway
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=514769
Nov 9, 2012 8:45 PM

Mar 2012
KaiKatsuya said:
Not again. Here's a favorite character thread
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=495545
and one for Sugu's sugus, I know you guys are going to discuss it anyway
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=514769

That poll is horribly skewed against Suguha since she doesn't even exist until episode 15.
What we really need is a Suguha vs. Asuna thread. After all, I think we've exhausted the topic of Suguha having a fetish for comatose brothers or whatever this thread was supposed to be about.

Niyawa said:
That never got into me, haha. Though while I recognize her character, it's kinda weird to me to be referred like that so I'd like you to use Niya. But she's cool, don't worry.

Well it was a typo, it's not like I planned on continuing to call you that.
Nov 10, 2012 1:25 AM

Aug 2009
If you are paying enough attention to the show you know that Asuna barely surpasses Silica.

Shinon>=Zekken>Sugu>Alicia Rue>Liz>other girls>Silica>=Asuna
Nov 10, 2012 9:15 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
If you are paying enough attention to the show you know that Asuna barely surpasses Silica.

Wait, so do you think that Asuna is barely better than Silica or the other way around?
Nov 10, 2012 9:18 PM
Sep 2012
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:

Wait, so do you think that Asuna is barely better than Silica or the other way around?
May be he has a loli fetish.
Nov 10, 2012 9:23 PM
Jul 2012
AiCon said:
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:

Silica > Asuna and Silica was only in 1 episode. I'm being biased though.
Nov 10, 2012 9:28 PM

Mar 2012
JavierR said:

No you're not. It's true.
Nov 10, 2012 9:52 PM
Sep 2012
ataraxial said:
JavierR said:

I'll wait til we get more episodes of Sillica before I commit to a loli. Who knows - she might turn out to be useless and annoying later on.
Nov 10, 2012 9:56 PM
Jul 2012
ataraxial said:
JavierR said:

im kinda a lolicon so i thought so, but if you say so..
Nov 10, 2012 10:14 PM

Nov 2008
ataraxial said:
JavierR said:

actually its bias either way as its an opinion* on personal taste* lol
Nov 10, 2012 10:45 PM

Oct 2012
It doesn't matter because Leafa acts almost exactly the same as Asuna, they just needed another character to fill in the spot, and who better than imouto-chan to satisfy the fans? It's like shooting 2 birds with 1 stone for any LN/VN writer.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 10, 2012 10:52 PM

Oct 2010
I think it's pointless to ask "Why" because the author himself has no reason of backstory to it. Suguha's love begins with her love, there's no "because".

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Nov 10, 2012 11:02 PM

Aug 2008
Attraction, same reason Kirito fell in love with Asuna.

But you gotta realize, Kirito's attraction power level in this universe is over 9000...you should not be surprised if any girl falls in love with him within the first 5 minutes upon meeting him.

That's for Kazuto at least, for the Kirito avatar it was simple curiosity that developed into love upon spending time with him (kinda like most normal relationships).
Nov 11, 2012 1:40 AM

Aug 2009
AiCon said:
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:

Yes Asuna is barely better for me.And thats because of the latest volume.Without vol10 it's Silica>Asuna.But for 1 volume I wont type Asuna>=Silica...
I mean, Asuna was the MC for volume 7 and the only thing I felt while reading it was"Go away we need more Yuuki(Zekken)".For me,Asuna in vol7 is more self insertion than Kirito was in 6 volumes.
And I wont deny that I have a loli fetish.
/Runs away
Nov 11, 2012 1:40 AM

Jun 2009
Because in SAO universe(So far), Kirito is the only male who's not a loser.

I take it back, the black dude is alright too. And Kayaba to a certain extent (Besides the fact that this guy is so much of a homicidal psychotic genius he don't even know why he do things)

other than those 3 though, the rest are either

Useless, cowardice, evil or just simply sucks at video games.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2012 2:11 AM

Sep 2012
AirStyles said:

I take it back, the black dude is alright too. And Kayaba to a certain extent (Besides the fact that this guy is so much of a homicidal psychotic genius he don't even know why he do things)

So Klein is useless? Or coward? Or evil?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 11, 2012 2:13 AM

Jun 2009
symbv said:

Klein who?

EDIT:

Oh right! The samurai guy who's always around to show how awesome Kirito is compare to him.

Have to give him credit for being Kirito's "voice", he also serve as a character who make Kirito seem deeper. Such as

"Is he still hung up on that?", "You must definitely not die" and other dialogs like that.
AirStylesNov 11, 2012 2:17 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2012 2:15 AM

Aug 2009
symbv said:
AirStyles said:

If there is something about SAO that I dont like,is that when the author decided to make another male LEAD he decided that it had to be a new character instead of giving Klein that role.

I mean Klein having a
?That would be really funny.
Nov 11, 2012 2:15 AM

Sep 2012
AirStyles said:
Oh right! The samurai guy who's always around to show how awesome Kirito is compare to him
The same can be said of the black dude, no?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 11, 2012 2:18 AM

Jun 2009
symbv said:
AirStyles said:
Oh right! The samurai guy who's always around to show how awesome Kirito is compare to him

the black dude at least run a shop and supported weaker character with his shop, ignoring his own gain for others. (He's also an appraiser)
Nov 11, 2012 2:28 AM

Sep 2012
AirStyles said:
symbv said:
AirStyles said:
the black dude at least run a shop and supported weaker character with his shop, ignoring his own gain for others. (He's also an appraiser)
But still when he is around, you only see how awesome Kirito compared to him Despite all the shop thing etc. And Klein at least held off a big party for Kirito to get the resurrection item. He also united his pals and I believe practically all of them survived till the end, something definitely awesome when compared to Kirito.

Nov 11, 2012 2:31 AM

Aug 2009
symbv said:
AirStyles said:
symbv said:
AirStyles said:
But still when he is around, you only see how awesome Kirito compared to him Despite all the shop thing etc. And Klein at least held off a big party for Kirito to get the resurrection item. He also united his pals and I believe practically all of them survived till the end, something definitely awesome when compared to Kirito.

But he didnt get the girl...any girl.Even a female NPC
Nov 11, 2012 2:43 AM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
Getting any girl that is worth getting is Kirito's prerogative, right? Klein's role is to keep reminding us about that ;-)

Nov 11, 2012 2:47 AM

Aug 2009
symbv said:
ssjokg said:
Getting any girl that is worth getting is Kirito's prerogative, right? Klein's role is to keep reminding us about that ;-)

Give the guy a break lolXD
Nov 11, 2012 3:58 AM

Mar 2011
No reason
Its just suguha thinks kazuto as a great guy

Nov 11, 2012 5:22 AM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
ssjokg said:

Don't forget his other role: for fangirls to ship him with Kirito.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Nov 11, 2012 5:27 AM

Aug 2009
wishbook said:
symbv said:
ssjokg said:

Don't forget his other role: for fangirls to ship him with Kirito.
Or Thor....
Nov 11, 2012 5:30 AM
Jul 2012
wtf kirito has asuna and other girls after him and klein still cant get one? That isnt fair.
Nov 11, 2012 7:44 AM

Sep 2008
Suguha loves him because of his "swordplay". Also because he is the protagonist.
Nov 11, 2012 8:05 AM

Jun 2009
Eternia said:
Suguha loves him because of his "swordplay". Also because he is the protagonist.

Weird... I seem to recall that it is Asuna who's impressed by his swordplay... Maybe I remembered wrong?

Forgot where I read that though...
Nov 11, 2012 8:07 AM
Aug 2012
"swordplay"
Nov 11, 2012 8:09 AM

Jun 2009
Dessiato said:
"swordplay"

What does that mean?

Pray tell.
Nov 11, 2012 8:19 AM
Jul 2012
JavierR said:
wtf kirito has asuna and other girls after him and klein still cant get one? That isnt fair.
Fair? Are you question God's judgement? Kirito-kun is not interested in fairness. Kirito-kun interested in every living bitches on SAO. A good player knows his mental and physical limitations, but a great player will figure a way around them. From the moment he start playing MMORPG he knew he'll attract many bitches. Kirito-kun get what he deserve. Who cares about insignificant people anyway.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Nov 11, 2012 8:20 AM

Mar 2012
FailAtLife said:
Nov 11, 2012 10:42 AM

Sep 2009
I don't think that she's in love with Kirito. Maybe she was jealous of Asuna bcoz Kirito always thinks about her and that made her worry about him. She likes Kirito and I don't think she's in love. She cared for Kirito. She just wanted an attention.
Nov 11, 2012 11:23 AM

Aug 2009
Zel_Ezl said:
I don't think that she's in love with Kirito. Maybe she was jealous of Asuna bcoz Kirito always thinks about her and that made her worry about him. She likes Kirito and I don't think she's in love. She cared for Kirito. She just wanted an attention.

But she did fall in love with him.She wasnt in love at first but she did fall for him later.
Nov 11, 2012 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
just because he's just an average kind person, its mentioned they were really close when they were little and kirito was always kind to her

there is nothing that really stands out about kazuto in the real world, its mostly when he is in vrmmo that his attributes stand out

other than being awesome in mmo's the novels always describe him as being an ordinary teen
Nov 11, 2012 12:52 PM

Aug 2009
Zekken said:
just because he's just an average kind person, its mentioned they were really close when they were little and kirito was always kind to her

there is nothing that really stands out about kazuto in the real world, its mostly when he is in vrmmo that his attributes stand out

other than being awesome in mmo's the novels always describe him as being an ordinary teen
....that treats them a lot when he gets paid. XD
Nov 11, 2012 7:20 PM
Sep 2008
After reading all the posts in this thread. I've wrote a lot so 'spoilered them.

Here are my takes(even some ideas were already repeated):

For no reason, because a (pseudo)-harem must have the following elements:

Now onto Suguha,

This is my least favourite arc out of all the SAO arcs out there. I hated it so much that I skipped so many chapters and read summaries instead of the chapters because urgh, do not like incestry at all. Nothing moe about it. Just plain stupid(no I'm not hating it BECAUSE it's incest, I'm hating it because the author thinks that it's cool that it's incest so that people will immediately like it.)

If incest did not work=>Suguha OPPAI
PsydereNov 11, 2012 7:23 PM
Nov 11, 2012 10:25 PM

Sep 2008
AirStyles said:
Dessiato said:
"swordplay"

What does that mean?

Pray tell.

I was talking about some SAO fanfiction online:
http://blog.draggle.org/sword-art-online-10-kiritos-courtship-nsfw/
Nov 12, 2012 12:11 AM

Mar 2012
Raikozu said:

I agree. This arc seems to be thrown together pretty haphazardly.
Reki must've been thinking, "Imouto + elf ears + NTR = instant classic."
So we end up with ALO.

Also, that is an interesting hypothesis for why I like Asuna least out of all the heroines (other than the fact that, you know, she's boring). I'm not really into the S/M thing and especially not as the M. Describing her as a motherly onee-san also helps very little.
Nov 13, 2012 9:00 AM
Sep 2008
Yeah Asuna is kinda described as the smart, but "normal" girl which shortens her appeal to the otaku fanbase(kinda like Chihiro from TWGOK).

Well the idea where Asuna's overmotherly figure comes from Yui like I said, because of all the "Papa" & "Mama" that came. I used to see Asuna in a better light before the whole Yui's situation came cracking down...it became kind of weird after she appeared(not that I hate Yui, but the character developments that followed AsunaxKirito later on was... weird. They're like 14-15 when they entered the game so the brain development was not supposed to mature that much... yet they're taking care of a kid already...they like to play house too much?)

Personnally I find Lizbeth incredibly adorable and Lyfa the reliable heroine... I would not go for Sinon as a girlfriend but would rather have her as a female friend. I think that Kawahara Reki is making the audience debating on the heroine's right (on purpose). What a troll. He made Kirito fall for the least interesting girl on purpose because he wanted to stir the whole harem debate.
Nov 13, 2012 9:04 AM

Aug 2009
Raikozu said:
Yeah Asuna is kinda described as the smart, but "normal" girl which shortens her appeal to the otaku fanbase(kinda like Chihiro from TWGOK).

Well the idea where Asuna's overmotherly figure comes from Yui like I said, because of all the "Papa" & "Mama" that came. I used to see Asuna in a better light before the whole Yui's situation came cracking down...it became kind of weird after she appeared(not that I hate Yui, but the character developments that followed AsunaxKirito later on was... weird. They're like 14-15 when they entered the game so the brain development was not supposed to mature that much... yet they're taking care of a kid already...they like to play house too much?)

Personnally I find Lizbeth incredibly adorable and Lyfa the reliable heroine... I would not go for Sinon as a girlfriend but would rather have her as a female friend. I think that Kawahara Reki is making the audience debating on the heroine's right (on purpose). What a troll. He made Kirito fall for the least interesting girl on purpose because he wanted to stir the whole harem debate.

More like, he killed off Kirito's first love to force him fall in love with the least interesting girl.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

51 by Naveen6662246 »»
Yesterday, 11:33 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
Yesterday, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.