Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 23, 2012 2:26 PM

Sep 2012
the series has reached the halfway mark so i thought i might make a discussion on who your favourite character is. bear with me if i made any errors, im still a bit of a noob on how things work here

ill try to be here as much as i can and update the list

RULES:
-Do not speak about anything irrelevant to the topic at hand and try to give constructive reasons why you like your character
-Do not post your rants about the characters you hate and bash them, try to talk about your favourite character instead, rants about how you like your character are acceptable because it isn't negative
-Do not bash other people for having different views from yourself
-Do not discuss spoilers or talk about content that hasn't been released yet in the anime without spoiler tags
-You can discuss things about the characters but no flame wars, insults or anything that can lead to them
-keep your swears to a minimum although i wonder if there is any reason to swear in this thread, i wanted to make it clear that you shouldn't, if you really need to then censor it
-This is a thread where you can vote for you favourite character, in other words if you dislike all of the characters then vote for the character you dislike the least, if you truly hate all of them then you shouldn't post your negativity here

ZekkenOct 29, 2012 8:50 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2012 2:32 PM

Jul 2009

You still asking?!
Sep 23, 2012 2:32 PM

Aug 2011
Lisbeth of course, with how quickly Kirito dumps the infinitely cuter and more devoted Lisbeth for that two-bit whore Asuna, I guess you could call Kirito a....

beta tester.
Sep 23, 2012 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
Klein=only character with potential but never got any development.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Sep 23, 2012 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
You would love the Caliber arc....too bad it wont be animated soon(or ever)

Since I cant vote for Sinon I will chose Klein too.
Sep 23, 2012 2:52 PM

Dec 2010
Awaki said:
Kirito dumps the infinitely cuter and more devoted Lisbeth for that two-bit whore Asuna

You seriously need to look up the definition of a whore T_T
Sep 23, 2012 2:53 PM

Aug 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:

Is "tsundere" better?
Sep 23, 2012 3:44 PM

Sep 2012
wtf? my first topic has been tainted with a stupid argument about what a whore is and who is tsundere T_T

i suppose i should make somes rules...

ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

there is still hope, who knows they might make an OVA or a movie about it after season 2
Sep 23, 2012 3:50 PM

Aug 2009
Zekken said:
wtf? my first topic has been tainted with a stupid argument about what a whore is and who is tsundere T_T

ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

there is still hope, who knows they might make an OVA or a movie about it after season 2

IF there is a season 2.Lets start praying.

Just let me ask you one thing....WHY IN THE WORLD would you chose the username Zekken?
I didnt feltcry like this since Clannad and Kanon...
Sep 23, 2012 4:13 PM

Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
Zekken said:

ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

Just let me ask you one thing....WHY IN THE WORLD would you chose the username Zekken?

I really hope they make a movie for Mothers Rosario.
Sep 23, 2012 5:00 PM

Jul 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Awaki said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Is "tsundere" better?

Aren't all girls in SAO tsunderes?

Sachi and Scilica weren´t, I skipped episode 7 so I don´t know about Lizbeth, and Asuna was tsundere"ized" by the anime producers, as far as I´m concerned.
Regarding favorite characters, I can´t care for any of them. And it´s quite sad I´d have rather seen more episodes focused on Klein than the others.
Heck, for him being a small guild leader and having survived that long despite being a beginner should say a lot how interesting it would have been :(
Karura_JiinsaruSep 23, 2012 5:05 PM
Sep 23, 2012 6:12 PM

Sep 2010
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
Sachi and Scilica weren´t, I skipped episode 7 so I don´t know about Lizbeth, and Asuna was tsundere"ized" by the anime producers, as far as I´m concerned.
Regarding favorite characters, I can´t care for any of them. And it´s quite sad I´d have rather seen more episodes focused on Klein than the others.
Heck, for him being a small guild leader and having survived that long despite being a beginner should say a lot how interesting it would have been :(

I agree with this. Asuna didn't really come across as much of a tsundere in the novels imo.
Sep 23, 2012 8:44 PM

Feb 2012
Just to clear things up neither Liz or Asuna really clear the tsundere-dar
Sep 24, 2012 3:01 AM

Apr 2009
I miss the "No one" option.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 24, 2012 9:06 AM

Sep 2012
What the f@#&??
EDIT: Gah, they removed the previous shitposts, they made me laugh hard D:

Oh well... anyway, my favourite is Klein. Has alot of potential, too bad he hasnt been developed enough.
KradarSep 24, 2012 10:08 AM
Sep 24, 2012 9:12 AM
Jan 2012
I really like this character:
Sep 24, 2012 9:14 AM

Aug 2012
Asuna,she's such a sweet girl ...
Sep 24, 2012 9:41 AM

Jun 2010
I love Kirito, Asuna and Yui all together and are amazing characters. But my poll vote would go to Kirito but I love them all the same lol
Sep 24, 2012 11:51 AM

Aug 2011
lol @ all the deleted comments
Sep 24, 2012 11:54 AM

Dec 2010
BloodRequiem said:

this
the other characters are hardly likeable
Sep 24, 2012 3:31 PM

Oct 2011
BloodRequiem said:

This.

Also,Liz is awesome,Sachi is cool & Yui is just the cutest thing in this series.
I don't give a rat's ass about the other characters & slightly dislike Asuna.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 28, 2012 12:52 PM

Sep 2012
so many mixed views but im not that surprised that kirito dominated the polls but id have thought that asuna would be level with him. i suppose its because the anime doesnt really present asuna as well as the light novel?

one thing that did surprise me was that heathcliff "the legend" hasnt received any votes yet :O doesn't anyone like him? again i think its because of the same reason as asunas, but i think he'll definitely receive some vote in the coming episodes
Sep 28, 2012 1:18 PM

Sep 2011
I don't have one. None of the characters so far in the anime are interesting nor do I care about them. The character development is not very good.
GaryFrostSep 28, 2012 1:23 PM
Sep 28, 2012 1:19 PM

Jun 2007
Klein is literally the only character I can stand in the show at all and in general seems like he'd be a great character with some more development (as someone already mentioned kind of), it's too bad he wasn't the MC - instead we get Edgy "Darkness" McLinkinPark.

And the entire female cast has no development and is just forced onto the viewer like "PLEASE CARE ABOUT THIS GIRL". I mean hell, how many flashbacks have there been to Sachi by now? She wasn't even in a full episode, she was around for maybe 15 minutes and they expect the viewer to have a deep connection with her or care what happened. It's just terrible.
Sep 28, 2012 3:51 PM

May 2011
That pink tentacle-monster from the 4th episode.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 28, 2012 3:58 PM

Jan 2010
Klein, definitely.

In all honesty, all the characters are so flat that I just can't bring myself to like them. Asuna isn't as bad as most of them though. I mean, I don't understand Kirito having a 'personality' at all. Hope it's developed more in the future. But, so far, I see no reason as to why people would love Kirito as a character other than the fact that he tries is the 'cool' type of persona.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2012 4:50 PM
Mar 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
ssjokg said:
Zekken said:

ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:

I really hope they make a movie for Mothers Rosario.

Agil for me but that's based on the volumes and anime. Now if there going to animate the Mothers Roasrio I would prefer a movie format. Its just a nice side story that shows a solid amount of character growth but I definitely would not want to see it as a anime filler arc.
Sep 28, 2012 6:40 PM

Sep 2012
Kibaou. I like how that silver-haired girl said his name.
Sep 29, 2012 1:56 PM

Sep 2012
Kirito
Sep 30, 2012 9:18 PM

Sep 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Kibaou. I like how that silver-haired girl said his name.

i totally forgot about him :s sorry my bad, ive added him on the list so you can vote for him now if you want :)
Sep 30, 2012 9:27 PM
Sep 2012
Zekken said:
so many mixed views but im not that surprised that kirito dominated the polls but id have thought that asuna would be level with him. i suppose its because the anime doesnt really present asuna as well as the light novel?

one thing that did surprise me was that heathcliff "the legend" hasnt received any votes yet :O doesn't anyone like him? again i think its because of the same reason as asunas, but i think he'll definitely receive some vote in the coming episodes

I voted for Heathcliff! I like his "Paladin like" character design :D
Sep 30, 2012 9:33 PM

Sep 2012
KingLeonidas said:
Zekken said:

lol, this is sort of ironic because he was actually nick-named "The Paladin" in the Light Novels :D

but in the anime they changed it to "Man Of Legend" but who cares? it still suits his awesome character
Oct 2, 2012 7:27 AM

May 2012
Zekken said:
KingLeonidas said:
Zekken said:

lol, this is sort of ironic because he was actually nick-named "The Paladin" in the Light Novels :D

but in the anime they changed it to "Man Of Legend" but who cares? it still suits his awesome character

Yah! Heathcliff FTW!
LN spoiler:

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags.
LunaOct 2, 2012 11:18 PM

"Daisuki da yo... Sayonara..."
Oct 2, 2012 9:26 AM

Jan 2012
Yui was adorable :)

Oct 2, 2012 10:59 AM
May 2012
Sachi was the best character in SAO, really
Oct 2, 2012 1:11 PM

Jun 2011
ShiroX said:
BloodRequiem said:

this
the other characters are hardly likeable

I liked him, but he wasn't my favourite character for one and only reason, he doesn't have much screen time and still very much under developed ):
My favourite would be Kirito I guess, with that black cloak(cape?) and the
, but he's pretty dull and a little emo-ish at the beginning, nothing really stands out except for his nice character design, which is pretty average imo, they should have some crazy characters, I don't mean the psychotic type, but someone that really stands out
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 2, 2012 5:54 PM
Apr 2011
I voted for Kirito but I like a lot of them and some of the ones that have not appeared yet.

As a programmer I would like to know more about Yui, even if something like an AI with the habilities that Yui has is quite impossible, there should be a novel with yui as protagonist XD
Oct 3, 2012 4:39 AM

Jun 2009
For me?

Sachi!

Imo, she is by far, the most sympathetic, realistic, in other word, "human" character in the show. She display common fear, slight negative attitude, yet try her best to put on a smile all the time.

She's also very thoughtful and forward thinking, making a Christmas voice message for Kirito in case of unforeseen events. At the same time, encouraging herself to survive till Christmas by doing so.

It's evident that Kirito cared a lot for her too, remember when Kirito soloed the "Gleam Eye" boss and almost died? Who did he see when his vision were hazy?

He saw Sachi!! (Before his vision recovered and he see the teary Asuna)

EDIT: Seriously, that is a much better family picture compare to having Asuna.
AirStylesOct 3, 2012 4:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2012 4:57 AM

May 2010
No Sinon and Suguha, so... *vote Lizbeth*
Oct 3, 2012 8:20 AM

May 2009
Klein. Wish he was the MC.
Kinda like how I wish Yosuke was the MC, but instead I got I'm-fucking-nothing-Narukami. Forget it lol
Oct 3, 2012 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
If we got SAO from Klein's pov, how he started up the guild and everything, I think it would be very interesting.

Too bad it never happened. Still love the series though, don't get me wrong.
Oct 6, 2012 3:12 PM

Sep 2012
kukuku they finally reveal heathcliffs true colours,

-he keeps them hostage for two years
-F***s up their lives
-indirectly kills 4,000 people

"why did you do it?"
"I forgot :P"

its like he did it all simply because he can....he's worse than aizen lol
Oct 6, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
1. Lisbeth 2. Klein 3. Silica
Last...Asuna. Nope nope. Actually, I dislike Yui the most.
Oct 6, 2012 3:21 PM

Jun 2012
Seriously i don't know. But I'm sure i like the side characters better than the main ones though.
Oct 6, 2012 3:55 PM

Sep 2012
meepsheep said:

really? i can understand Lisbeth and klein a bit but silica?

hmmm i guess the anime doesn't do asuna and kirito justice but the same also applies to silica and lis, episode 4 felt like a fanservice episode with silica bearing the brunt of it, i felt they focused on her panties instead of her character itself

lisbeth felt slightly rushed to me, her emotions wasn't portrayed as good as the Light Novel and it felt rushed for me, but it was much, much better compared to how they handled silica

Klein barely recieved any development whatsoever in this anime and i doubt he'll get much, most of his development comes later or rather before in the past events of SAO e.g. the crusade which hasn't been revealed. It was mostly the events of "Caliber" when i started to like him tbh.

well it doesn't matter anyway

now i wonder how people will react to her, when she makes her appearance
Oct 6, 2012 4:01 PM

Aug 2009
Zekken said:

Just like they reacted to any other girl?She will be labeled as a Harem Girl before sh even reveals her feelings.
Oct 6, 2012 4:09 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
Zekken said:

Just like they reacted to any other girl?She will be labeled as a Harem Girl before sh even reveals her feelings.

Implying that the studio is actually going to develop characters and explore feelings.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 6, 2012 4:13 PM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
Zekken said:

i can expect trolls or haters to immediately say that but i meant fans who actually enjoy the show for what it is

im just worried that the anime will ruin her because she's one of my favourites after "Hecate"

edit: anywho enough of this, we're talking about a character who hasn't made a proper appearance
Oct 6, 2012 4:22 PM

Aug 2009
Zekken said:
ssjokg said:
Zekken said:

i can expect trolls or haters to immediately say that but i meant fans who actually enjoy the show for what it is

im just worried that the anime will ruin her because she's one of my favourites after "Hecate"

edit: anywho enough of this, we're talking about a character who hasn't made a proper appearance

YEah I would like to talk about Shinonon and "Zekken" Yuuki Konno too but oh well
ssjokgOct 6, 2012 4:26 PM
Oct 6, 2012 4:25 PM

Jul 2012
Zekken said:
meepsheep said:

really? i can understand Lisbeth and klein a bit but silica?

hmmm i guess the anime doesn't do asuna and kirito justice but the same also applies to silica and lis, episode 4 felt like a fanservice episode with silica bearing the brunt of it, i felt they focused on her panties instead of her character itself

lisbeth felt slightly rushed to me, her emotions wasn't portrayed as good as the Light Novel and it felt rushed for me, but it was much, much better compared to how they handled silica

Klein barely recieved any development whatsoever in this anime and i doubt he'll get much, most of his development comes later or rather before in the past events of SAO e.g. the crusade which hasn't been revealed. It was mostly the events of "Caliber" when i started to like him tbh.

well it doesn't matter anyway

eh i just like side characters better but to be frank, this anime didn't make me LOVE any character that much LOL
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.