Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2012 5:46 PM

Jan 2011
As the title says. The only real ecchi is implied and it's really just Erica hitting on Godou. Nobody watched the show because they thought it'd be a garbage ecchi fighter anime, but the protagonist is proactive and does things. He's naive but cool. An all around decent show and deserves some love.
Sep 16, 2012 6:05 PM

Nov 2010
He has to get kissed to learn about the enemy(every episode and by different girls), it shows more than just Erica half naked, and ecchi of Erica is still ecchi. He also has over 3 girls that like him, that is harem. While it is less ecchi than most new harem action anime, it still has it.

And it's not underrated, it's at 7.4, that's great for this anime. The main is a little different than most but he's not that different. It deserves the score it gets.

I could post more because in every episode discussion it shows all of the ecchi that's in the show.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=482907
Sep 17, 2012 8:04 PM

Nov 2011
nah this anime deserves a higher rating...people are just to busy complaining about how this anime was rushed and that they seem to forget how to enjoy the entertainment that this anime has brought us
Hate Keeps me warm
Sep 21, 2012 11:37 AM

Aug 2012
It is underrated not only on MAL but many places or forum. And there's quite a number of people who feels that way.
Sep 21, 2012 2:06 PM

Dec 2010
I agree it is underrated but how much underrated is debatable; i have been meaning to read the LNs so i can't say for certain since i haven't read them yet but i have heard many times how rushed it is (like episode 1 covering an entire volume) so things like that may factor into it; as a anime only viewer i think its safe to say anyone can notice its a bit rushed; but all the same it is underrated and deserves a second season.
Sep 22, 2012 8:27 PM

Mar 2012
Well I personally think they did skip a few scenes that would have been nice but the only reason it is underrated is because people don't generally enjoy "harem" shows. It always has to be some messed up find one girl and she has a disease or some thing
Sep 25, 2012 11:02 PM

Jun 2011
Nah, I reckon it deserves a 6.5 at most.
Sep 28, 2012 11:55 PM

Oct 2010
onedaysnotice said:

I have to agree some episodes was just a waste of time tbh.
Sep 29, 2012 5:12 PM

Oct 2009
Why do people consider animes with score 7 underrated? I think theres alot of good shows with score between 7 and 8.
Sep 29, 2012 5:16 PM

Mar 2012
If properly animated (by that I mean most of the battle scenes), this series may have deserved a higher score. But after episode 13 I have to say the biggest pull for the series is still the harem and the kissing. 7.5 is not a bad score for a series that barely tries to have a plot.
Sep 29, 2012 5:22 PM

Sep 2011
trusttt said:
Why do people consider animes with score 7 underrated? I think theres alot of good shows with score between 7 and 8.
Sep 29, 2012 5:30 PM

Jan 2008
Tyrel said:
trusttt said:

Because MAL. /sarcasm.

I wouldn't even consider this show underrated but I consider it nothing but bad fanservice teasing with all the erotic kissing. I'd honestly say the show would have gotten more views if the girls clothes constantly rip and reveal nudity. Why? Because all the fights in this was fairly lame and exactly the same as the previous fight(s), so you need to at least enjoy something in the series it would have at least been the ecchi, but the series had pretty much none other than the over exaggerated 'erotic' kisses.
Sep 29, 2012 9:10 PM

Jan 2011
I love this series and I think the score isn't bad at all. A Harem comedy getting past 7.5 is pretty good imo.
Sep 30, 2012 9:00 PM
Sep 2012
Paul said:
Tyrel said:
trusttt said:

Because MAL. /sarcasm.

I wouldn't even consider this show underrated but I consider it nothing but bad fanservice teasing with all the erotic kissing. I'd honestly say the show would have gotten more views if the girls clothes constantly rip and reveal nudity. Why? Because all the fights in this was fairly lame and exactly the same as the previous fight(s), so you need to at least enjoy something in the series it would have at least been the ecchi, but the series had pretty much none other than the over exaggerated 'erotic' kisses.

This.

bonifide said:
onedaysnotice said:

I have to agree some episodes was just a waste of time tbh.

And these.

This show had potential to be something great, but the typical harem bullshit ruined it. The fan service was the ONLY thing this show had going for it in a lot of the episodes. That was the only thing they didn't manage to ruin. Combine that with a rushed plot (wasn't all that much to begin with) and formulaic fight scenes without much variation, and all that leads to pretty much the same "all paths lead to zero" episodes.

They could've made this way more interesting with a main character that wasn't a typical harem lead bullshit, afraid to fight etc. Throw in some more variations of gods like Mayan or Hindu, add some powers to make the fights more interesting, and it could've been something real interesting this season. It's a shame really, but that's modern day anime these days :/
Sep 30, 2012 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
Then tell me.
How is a generic, badly adapted harem with low to average animation (except when it comes to kissing, that they do well), only a decent soundtrack and nonsensical plot with single minded characters getting over 7 in any way underrated?.

You damn enjoyed the show, I enjoyed it too but that show is objectively bad. This is the perfect exemple of what I call a "fastfood anime". It look good, it taste good but it's crap for the body.

The problem with MAL is that you have a good three quarter of it's user ratting show by their enjoyement and the show's entertainement values alone while the other quarter is actually ratting the shows objectively, obviously such system is doomed to fail.
Sep 30, 2012 9:08 PM

Aug 2008
I don't care about the plot. I only care about the romance, action, and fantasy. And the kissing of course. 9/10.

@KuroNoKenshi:
I've got the same sentiments buddy. I rate favoring enjoyment over anything else. But decent/awesome plots are cool too.
Oct 1, 2012 6:06 AM

Jul 2010
onedaysnotice said:
Oct 1, 2012 7:11 AM

Mar 2010
I think the score is just right. Maybe if the fighting was much more interesting it could have been better but since almost all the battles were resolved by the golden sword it had gotten a bit boring. Also I wish Godou would fight by himself sometimes since it's boring seeing him rely on the female characters. For me I think the excessive kissing were unnecessary.

All in all I wish for better battles, like really awesome fights
Nov 30, 2012 12:37 AM

Nov 2009
gingabishounen said:
As the title says. The only real ecchi is implied and it's really just Erica hitting on Godou. Nobody watched the show because they thought it'd be a garbage ecchi fighter anime, but the protagonist is proactive and does things. He's naive but cool. An all around decent show and deserves some love.

AGREE!!! WAHAHAHAHAHA... Cool Godou... man of the man... beautiful harem... and the most important thing is it's ecchi!!!
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Mar 23, 2013 5:20 PM

Mar 2013
yeah, the plot moved really quick at the start which is why im usually picky about shorter series , but towards the end i thought it was pretty good , was actually hoping for a sequel
"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
Mar 23, 2013 5:26 PM

Feb 2013
There's a kiss scene almost at the end which looked like a sex scene
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Aug 21, 2013 12:47 PM
Aug 2013
I wouldnt say this anime is bad at all

I never read the LN or manga so I cant complain in that regards to whats been cut out.

That being said, I do think things feel quite rushed in this anime, I mean, even in the first episode so freaking much happened lol

The fight scenes were pretty much all the same which was kinda lame but overall I found the anime to be enjoyable, just rushed.

Would of been better if there was some variations in powers, in the fights, and if they actually fleshed out things with the story, characters, etc... I mean in 13 episodes we had what, 4, what should be considered, major fights.

So again, I enjoyed it, just they went too fast with it.
Aug 24, 2013 3:05 PM
Dec 2012
dasichri said:

I never read the LN or manga so I cant complain in that regards to whats been cut out.

That being said, I do think things feel quite rushed in this anime, I mean, even in the first episode so freaking much happened lol

The fight scenes were pretty much all the same which was kinda lame but overall I found the anime to be enjoyable, just rushed.

Would of been better if there was some variations in powers, in the fights, and if they actually fleshed out things with the story, characters, etc... I mean in 13 episodes we had what, 4, what should be considered, major fights.

Agree with this almost completely. The first episode was super rushed, but it actually didn't detract anything for me. I actually thought the pacing was pretty good considering how densely packed the material was. Sure they glossed over character development and relations between the characters, but I thought it worked just fine. (If I had read the LNs then I would probably have been disappointed, but I hadn't. Actually, that's exactly why I prefer to watch an anime before reading the material it's based on.)

As for the fights, I thought they were repetitive early on (and his main ability was perhaps a bit too similar to UBW and GoB...), but I did think they mixed it up enough to keep it interesting.

My rating for it was 8, or rather 7.7 rounded up to 8. All in all, deserving of a sequel (if only sales weren't a concern). I'm not sure if I'll read the LNs, but it's something to consider for sure.
JamadaAug 24, 2013 3:56 PM
Feb 25, 2014 9:16 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reading the LN before watching the anime, made me, strangely at first, love the anime more, as I deeply explained on my review, the anime isnt that underrated, the LN is the one that is underrated, and if people gave it a try, I m pretty sure the anime would score a bit higher.
PlaycoolFeb 25, 2014 6:30 PM
Feb 26, 2014 7:37 AM

Aug 2009
In the middle of ep 12...

Unexplained romance,lame fights,almost zero backgrounds on anyone,plot appears to be nonsensical,voice acting doesnt fit even though they have talented VAs,average animation,unnoticeable OST.
Asspulls with Godou's authorities when needed.
The studio couldnt just make the Sword without copying both GoB and UBW
What the fuck happened to Athena?I dont want to know...EDIT:WTF?

It is overrated.
ssjokgFeb 26, 2014 7:52 AM
Feb 26, 2014 8:14 AM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:

Unexplained romance,lame fights,almost zero backgrounds on anyone,plot appears to be nonsensical,voice acting doesnt fit even though they have talented VAs,average animation,unnoticeable OST.

It is overrated.
The romance was handled badly as well as most of the things here because they decided to adapt 5 volumes in 13 episodes. Episode 1 is actually a whole volume.There's as much infodump in here as in Index but that was cut off a lot. Also, very detailed stuff on the kissing.
And Godou is still quite beta in these early parts. He grows in the later volumes when it comes to handling the girls. Chalk off the unexplained romance of the girls to the bad adaptation as well as it was handled well in the novels.
And believe it or not, Campiones are portrayed to be guys who live off of asspulls as they'll do anything to achieve victory. Granted though that the Goat and Camel did feel a bit of an asspull since those were the first times they were seen/used. Though if you were keeping count you'd know he hadn't revealed all of the forms of his Authority yet as it goes so don't blame everything on him.
Plot picks up right after what is covered in the anime. Index didn't have a plot until halfway as well. Treat the ones adapted here as just the beginning of stuff.
And the Sword/Warrior isn't suppose to look like GoB/UBW. They were suppose to be just balls of light. Studio just wanted to make it look cool I guess.
And ep12-13(half of 12 actually) is anime original so don't bother about what happened to Athena.

tl;dr Read the LN instead.
Feb 26, 2014 8:21 AM

Mar 2012
After reading LN it make anime really pale in comparison to it. Campione LN have many infodump which is obviously didn't translated well to the anime. Also the chemistry between character is nowhere found in the anime.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 26, 2014 8:30 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:

It is overrated.
The romance was handled badly as well as most of the things here because they decided to adapt 5 volumes in 13 episodes. Episode 1 is actually a whole volume.There's as much infodump in here as in Index but that was cut off a lot. Also, very detailed stuff on the kissing.
And Godou is still quite beta in these early parts. He grows in the later volumes when it comes to handling the girls. Chalk off the unexplained romance of the girls to the bad adaptation as well as it was handled well in the novels.
And believe it or not, Campiones are portrayed to be guys who live off of asspulls as they'll do anything to achieve victory. Granted though that the Goat and Camel did feel a bit of an asspull since those were the first times they were seen/used. Though if you were keeping count you'd know he hadn't revealed all of the forms of his Authority yet as it goes so don't blame everything on him.
Plot picks up right after what is covered in the anime. Index didn't have a plot until halfway as well. Treat the ones adapted here as just the beginning of stuff.
And the Sword/Warrior isn't suppose to look like GoB/UBW. They were suppose to be just balls of light. Studio just wanted to make it look cool I guess.
And ep12-13(half of 12 actually) is anime original so don't bother about what happened to Athena.

tl;dr Read the LN instead.
Not sure how to say this after you wrote all that...but well...I already read everything except the new story of vol16.

As for the asspulls I am talking about the end of ep 1 and Godou using the [Raptor] against the Kusanagi sword in ep 12 even though he wasnt in danger because of Erica(unlike in the LN)otherwise ANY attack from Campiones,gods, or knights would let him use it.

And both Index anime and LN, AND the Campione LN gave you hints of "this is going somewhere".
In Campione anime it is "the adventures/training of Kusanagi Godou and the prophecy" which would be fine if there was actual story telling and such a lame plot twist with Athena didnt exist.
ssjokgFeb 26, 2014 8:37 AM
Feb 26, 2014 8:36 AM

Feb 2009
Welp. Give me back my time typing that!
Ep1 was rushed and quite different from how it went in the LN so that's acceptable.
And I can't remember ep12 that much but that attack from Murakumo giant probably counted as a fast attack since he did activate it.
Well w/e. LN >>>> anime.
Feb 26, 2014 8:39 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
Welp. Give me back my time typing that!
Ep1 was rushed and quite different from how it went in the LN so that's acceptable.
And I can't remember ep12 that much but that attack from Murakumo giant probably counted as a fast attack since he did activate it.
Then any attack whether it actually reaches him or not should make the Raptor available to use.
Feb 26, 2014 8:50 AM

Feb 2009
Granted he didnt use it against his duel with Erica so it's not just any attack but anything above that level is possible. His opponents arent exactly slow as well, gods and Campiones. And not that it matters since he knows the aftereffects of using Raptor which is why he doesnt abuse it.
Feb 26, 2014 9:00 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
Granted he didnt use it against his duel with Erica so it's not just any attack but anything above that level is possible. His opponents arent exactly slow as well, gods and Campiones. And not that it matters since he knows the aftereffects of using Raptor which is why he doesnt abuse it.
But isnt the authority a response to those attacks that put him in danger?THe attack never reached thanks to someone that shouldnt be there...
Feb 26, 2014 9:20 AM

Feb 2009
As long as he sees and recognizes it as a fast attack of a certain level it should count. Most of the time the attacks havent arrived yet but the condition has already been cleared like with that Dead Servant in ep5/vol2 and Perseus' arrows in ep8/vol4.

Eh, anime was still butchered and this was 2 years ago when I watched it.
Feb 26, 2014 9:25 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
As long as he sees and recognizes it as a fast attack of a certain level it should count. Most of the time the attacks havent arrived yet but the condition has already been cleared like with that Dead Servant in ep5/vol2 and Perseus' arrows in ep8/vol4.

Eh, anime was still butchered and this was 2 years ago when I watched it.
THere was a big delay(when talking about fast reactions to very fast attacks) during the time Erica stopped the attack and she called out to Godou which made him activate the Raptor.It makes you think"did he even see/sense it coming?"
Nov 2, 2014 7:49 AM

Jan 2014
Jamada said:
dasichri said:

Agree with this almost completely. The first episode was super rushed, but it actually didn't detract anything for me. I actually thought the pacing was pretty good considering how densely packed the material was. Sure they glossed over character development and relations between the characters, but I thought it worked just fine. (If I had read the LNs then I would probably have been disappointed, but I hadn't. Actually, that's exactly why I prefer to watch an anime before reading the material it's based on.)

As for the fights, I thought they were repetitive early on (and his main ability was perhaps a bit too similar to UBW and GoB...), but I did think they mixed it up enough to keep it interesting.

My rating for it was 8, or rather 7.7 rounded up to 8. All in all, deserving of a sequel (if only sales weren't a concern). I'm not sure if I'll read the LNs, but it's something to consider for sure.

I completly agree with you 2.A 4.74 Is a good score for an echii/harem.The sales are the only problem for us to see a second season.
Dec 24, 2014 5:01 AM

Jun 2012
I love this series! I recommend it to all my friends, beacause you are right! It is underrated!
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Dec 24, 2014 5:03 AM

Jan 2013
this show isnt under rated. in fact this show is over rated.

Adding history lessons to a jerk off comedy doesnt make it better.
Apr 24, 2015 11:59 AM

Apr 2009
ah-... i'm on episode 10 by now, somehow i have managed,
but since the middle-end of episode 1, i've wondered what's happening...

i am pretty used to nonsensical anime and everything happening at once but i can still follow, this anime- however, i keep wondering; who's this? what's happening now? what relation does it have to what happened just before this?

in my opinion- this anime SEVERELY lack information, information which would have been plenty useful to give it a higher rating.
I know nothing about the characters except that the MCs a pushover when it comes to trash talking him. the personalities are so shallow, the plot is something about this guy fighting randomly summoned gods? i don't even know, and i've been watching this thing for 10 episodes already,

in my opinion, this anime is frustrating, simply because i don't know what's happening or why. i'd rather have two episodes replaced with information about the characters, the items, the reasons why they fight, how the MC could figure out how to use the darned stoneplate in the first place when he apparently knew nothing about magic before going to italy ==

so, in short, it feels rushed. It is "rushed" embodied into anime, i cannot say anything good about it except there's a load of swords in this MCs main attack. ...that's the only good thing i can think of ._.

i sort of want to be interested in it, and like the characters-... but there's just nothing to latch on to and say "woah- THIS! was interesting" -..nothing ;_;'!
KonaniApr 24, 2015 12:02 PM
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Nov 26, 2015 5:30 PM

Jul 2013
SolviteWoTaberu said:
this show isnt under rated. in fact this show is over rated.

Adding history lessons to a jerk off comedy doesnt make it better.

basically this
May 9, 2021 1:59 AM

Apr 2009
Please give us a valid reason.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2021 7:22 PM

Dec 2019
Surely not, your mean score tells me that it's not underrated.
Nov 15, 2021 6:03 PM
Oct 2017
Very underrated
big disappointment 1 season was made only to further his LN sales
Dec 15, 2021 10:14 PM
Jun 2021
This series was pretty much your typical harem action ecchi show but honestly it’s mid at most but I wouldn’t say I hate, most of the episodes were pretty good. Comparison I’d recommend this over a generic isekai anime.
Mar 31, 2022 7:02 PM

Jul 2012
"Innocent" people accidentally watch this lol..
And they don't like ecchi, kiss scene everywhere.. something like Sekirei..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2012

171 by Toolbot »»
Apr 21, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2012

205 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2012

82 by Vindicater »»
Apr 15, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2012

79 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2012

91 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.