Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2011 1:16 PM

Nov 2009
this was really painful to watch. anaru and jintan make me want to cry but stil this is one of the best episodes of an anime i have ever seen. 5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2011 1:42 PM

Nov 2008
I finally agree with Anaru in one thing, just like there is no replacement for Jin-tan, For Jin-tan and Menma, there is no replacement for each other. They love each other and I know Menma will eventually go and Jin-tan has to move on, but I don't believe it should be with Anaru. I feel sorry for her and Tsurumi, but if they truly want to move on, then they should move on from Menma's shadow, outside the group.

Don't worry Jin-tan, you weren't the only one relieved.

I wish she had never died and she and Jin-tan could of married and been happy, but if that happened then I wouldn't be seeing such a great anime.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jun 17, 2011 1:50 PM

Mar 2010
I CREIEEDD!! finally i cried! the hanabi :'(((( BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Jun 17, 2011 1:57 PM

Jan 2010
McRib said:
Is it just me or has this show been going downhill in the past few episodes?

It started off incredibly well and towards the middle it was keeping up the pace with the drama..but now at the end it is losing steam. I really hope the last episode brings the show back up since I haven't been particularly pleased with these last few ones.

I agree 100%. There has been no emotional impact for me the last few episodes, besides a few Anaru and Tsurumi scenes. Ever since the Menma reveal it hasn't been good. I can't figure out why Yadomi and Yukiatsu are still in love with Menma, she has no redeeming qualities at all, and still has the mind of a child. These two are in High School now (IIRC) and are still hung up on this kid? It's just really hard for me to believe.
Jun 17, 2011 2:14 PM

Oct 2010
Onyxthegreat said:
Damn Yukiatsu, why did you have to bring that up. The only thing it does is produce more hate and tears. I must say Poppo suddenly repeating "Say it. Say it." was pretty creepy to me. I guess he wanted to do it over too for some reason? He said it felt like verything was being rewinded? =S
One of my Jaw dropped points it was just like WTF Poppo OMG what are you becoming. Something like that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 17, 2011 2:39 PM
Jan 2011
yuurisan said:
So much crying in this ep :( I was a bit mad when Menma was still there after the fireworks. I can't wait for the next ep, I wonder what's wrong with Tsuruko.
Oh ya, the ED changed a bit~

Maybe in ep 11 menma would cross over.
Jun 17, 2011 2:47 PM
Dec 2007
kleeny said:
I'm sure menma's wish is just a simple wish...

Definitely. So, as expected, the fireworks didn't resolve anything and even made things worse with the 5's relatioonships and Menma's still here. It was kind of an uneventful episode for a penultimate episode, I hope the last one will be better and bring a satisfying ending.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 17, 2011 2:56 PM

Apr 2010
Oh wow.. this is one of the best anime this season.. and next week is the last episode. I know I'm gonna cry D:

Is it really selfish of me to not want Menma to go to heaven? I just wish there was a way for her and Jintan to be together :(

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Jun 17, 2011 3:13 PM

Sep 2010
I know Anaru seems to be a fan favorite, but she just seems annoying and selfish to me. Not as bad as Yukiatsu by any means, but still. Will you really be happy if Jintan "chooses" you after Menma is gone? I wouldn't. He doesn't seem to think that way about you, so move on, already. Same goes for Yukiatsu, and Tsuruko. Sorry for the rant. Guess I'm just over the unrequited love stuff in anime.
Jun 17, 2011 3:17 PM

Dec 2009
this show is so amazing :O

already last episode next -.-
yuno6.jpg
Jun 17, 2011 3:29 PM

Dec 2008
My speculation with regards to Menma's wish is that she wants the group to become as close as they once were. With the current character developments and progress in their interactions, it's no surprise that Menma's a lot more transparent. They're all slowly getting there, and she, just as slowly, is/will be leaving.

Jacut said:
Definitely. So, as expected, the fireworks didn't resolve anything and even made things worse with the 5's relatioonships and Menma's still here. It was kind of an uneventful episode for a penultimate episode, I hope the last one will be better and bring a satisfying ending.

I don't think the fireworks did anything to worsen their relationships. That was the first project where they all worked together for a common aim, although their motives may have been somewhat different. So, if anything at all, it strengthened what little they had between them.
Mine is better than yours.
Jun 17, 2011 3:33 PM

Aug 2009
livingdeadkat said:
I know Anaru seems to be a fan favorite, but she just seems annoying and selfish to me. Not as bad as Yukiatsu by any means, but still. Will you really be happy if Jintan "chooses" you after Menma is gone? I wouldn't. He doesn't seem to think that way about you, so move on, already. Same goes for Yukiatsu, and Tsuruko. Sorry for the rant. Guess I'm just over the unrequited love stuff in anime.

How is this selfish? If you ask me the one that is being selfish is Jintan. He isn't aware of the others around him are hurting with Menma being there and only cares for himself since he doesn't want Menma to go to heaven when she said she wants to go.
Jun 17, 2011 3:37 PM

Dec 2008
SoFarGone said:
... since he doesn't want Menma to go to heaven when she said she wants to go.

I doubt she really meant it when she said that. I thought it was more of an attempt in letting him know that she can't forever be by his side, like he would've otherwise wanted (what with the "I'd marry you" scene preceding that one directly).
Mine is better than yours.
Jun 17, 2011 3:51 PM

Sep 2009
mindflayer said:
Does anyone happen to know what that song that was playing right before the ED started is called? I loved it...
Weren't they playing the ending itself?

Sith_Vicious said:
Jinta's mum died after Menma.
wait, was this mentioned?

Finally, Tsuroko said it and what I want the most is her to say it to Yukiatsu. He will be so damn surprised and most probably speechless. Hearing 'That hurts' and seeing her cry was sad.

Excellent episode. Every character made a significant mark in the episode. Tsuroko crying, her haircut and showing how much she loves Yukiatsu with just a few words, Menma, her mom, her dad and her brother's drama was perfect and emotional, Yukiatsu still being creepily obessed with Menma (but I still heart him XD) and it's killing him to see only Jintan getting to see her and touch her and talk to her, Jintan acting insane with his 'Tiffany's for a ghost', Tsuroko and Anaru's friendship and the ED playing at the perfect moment.

It was pretty obvious that the firework wasn't her wish. I am guessing that she wanted to do something for Jintan who was already dealing with his mother's death/ailment. Something that would cheer him up and make him laugh/smile.

Hope the ending's great because animes do mess up like everything when it comes to last episodes.

Jun 17, 2011 3:59 PM

Sep 2010
SoFarGone said:
livingdeadkat said:

How is this selfish? If you ask me the one that is being selfish is Jintan. He isn't aware of the others around him are hurting with Menma being there and only cares for himself since he doesn't want Menma to go to heaven when she said she wants to go.
Still doesn't take away from the fact that Anaru was helping Yukiatsu bring up painful memories just to make him say he loved Menma. One person being selfish doesn't make another less selfish. And I think the others are only hurting because they want to hurt and be dramatic. Especially Anaru and Yukiatsu. They both seem to thrive on drama as much as they start it. *Shrug*
Jun 17, 2011 4:24 PM
Sep 2010
Still not getting how so many people can judge the characters like Jintan and Yukiatsu and the others and saying they're selfish and whatnot. They ALL have their own different ways of coping win the loss of a loved one (Which is something I really liked about this anime it showed many ways that people cope with death) and until all you people experience a loss like that you can't really go making calls like that. And even if some of you did have that kind of experience you should empathise with them knowing how hard I was to deal with that loss. ( man I really hate using an itouch to type)
Jun 17, 2011 5:14 PM
May 2010
since menma keeps seeing jinta's mom in flashback and stuff, his mom must be a part of the menma ghost..like reincarnated but dont really remembers
Jun 17, 2011 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
Any speculation why Tsuruko is gonna cry next week?
Jun 17, 2011 6:39 PM

Dec 2008
This series is so amazing, why does it have to end???
Jun 17, 2011 6:54 PM

Jun 2007
Am I the only one wondering how Menma's brother is gonna react by Yukiatsu and everyone shouting at Jintan asking if Menma is still there?

As for Menma's wish, I think it's nothing as astonishing as what people are expecting. Remember they where all little kids back then and the thing that she told everyone to help her with except for Jintan was most likely something related to his mother. Probably something as small as lets have a group picture with his mother so we can always remember her or something.

As for the whole reincarnation thing...I agree a little with whoever mentioned a time skip and Jintan and Anaru hook up and have a kid that inherits Menma's soul. At the same time I don't think it'll end like that. It may end with a time skip of Menma's brother at the hospital with his new born baby and the group being there only to notice how similar the baby looks to Menma. Either way I'm interested how the reincarnation thing will play a roll...if at all.
Jun 17, 2011 6:55 PM

Dec 2009
I could see something along the lines of Sah and his parents learning to cope at last, and as a parallel, inspire Yadomi and co. to do the same.

I'm really going with the whole Menma just wants everyone to be happy vibe. Let's not pull some crazy batshat and ruin this mood.

Next week will determine, for me, whether this is an 8 or a 9.
Jun 17, 2011 6:57 PM
May 2011
Menma is already dead, moving on would be moving on past her death, not moving on past Jintan.

The people who say "would you be happy if Jintan choose you only after Menma was gone", YES.

If you use that logic then tell me, are you currently dating the person you lost your virginity to? If not, then you shouldn't be dating them. They are only with you after the other person they were with is gone.

That logic doesn't work, so I don't get why people are hating on Anaru. She has feelings for Jintan, Menma is dead, let her grow a pair and just kiss him, end of story.
ダヴェ ______ 謝オン
Jun 17, 2011 7:29 PM

Oct 2010
cottoncandy7 said:

I'm wondering whether there will actually be anyone that doesn't cry next week! :)
Jun 17, 2011 9:07 PM
Jan 2008
Jintan needs to let go of the past and start over. Jintan x Menma are not ment to be after menma passed away. Is fate. and Menma knows it thats why she wants to go to heaven.
Jun 17, 2011 9:47 PM

Jan 2010
Geez the end of the episode had me in total crying chaos... I knew the fireworks were not going to work but I just couldn't stop my self from crying (Probably because before I watched the episode I listened/watched this song called "Kokoro" by Len and Rin Kagamine and was crying tons already) and then when she didn't disappear I just cried even more... Sigh Im to emotional :(

Anyway brilliant episode and it looks like the finale of the Series will have Tsuruko actually breaking down into tears so aka it will be veryyyyy sad!!! Can not wait for next weeks episode!!!
Jun 17, 2011 9:50 PM

Sep 2009
this ep is so sad ...
i'm happy menma didn't dissapear

but 1 more ep until we say good bye to ano hana
arghh i want more !!
Jun 17, 2011 10:22 PM
Dec 2010
Yukiatsu is such a douche in this episode. Other than that, I love this show! I'm already sad that it's gonna end in the next episode.
gracenote said:
I'm wondering whether there will actually be anyone that doesn't cry next week! :)

Probably me, since I haven't cried once during this series. (o.o) But who knows? I might cry because it's the end of a good show.
polarkatJun 17, 2011 10:32 PM
Jun 17, 2011 10:51 PM
Aug 2010
Dammit, I want more back story to Poppo and Tsuruko D:
Jun 17, 2011 10:55 PM

Oct 2007
i have to admit i thought this show was rather slow. but after putting it on hold for 2 months and playing catch up, the story is amazing, wish i would have waited for it to finish before i picked it up again
Jun 17, 2011 11:10 PM

Aug 2008
it seems like poppo witnessed Menma fall and wasn't able to do anything.

Menma wants to be reborn, which she will; either in to a FLOWER or BABY of someone.

Flower of the title is most likely the flower Menma wanted to take a closer look at when she was a kid and fell, and it might as be the thing she turns in to after rebirth.
Jinta's mom wouldn't have casually mentioned a flower or cat rebirth for nothing.

to maximize her wish she might as well be reborn as a flower first Which everyone sees then smash, then she is born as one of the couples baby the end.

man that almost dance Menma did at end was cool
ChimasternmayJun 17, 2011 11:20 PM
Jun 17, 2011 11:37 PM

Oct 2010
DeathfireD said:
As for the whole reincarnation thing...I agree a little with whoever mentioned a time skip and Jintan and Anaru hook up and have a kid that inherits Menma's soul. At the same time I don't think it'll end like that. It may end with a time skip of Menma's brother at the hospital with his new born baby and the group being there only to notice how similar the baby looks to Menma. Either way I'm interested how the reincarnation thing will play a roll...if at all.
That's really interesting to see but I think it could end in a very dark way too. I am hoping not as all the series was quite positive yet depressing and that's where things can get worse.

Jintan already in this episode had multitudes of jealousy points. The first being of Poppo playing with Menma in the spoiler
Kind of obvious it's getting worse. I fear the worst for Jintan and just ready to accept. The author was wise to warn of the depth going further, well it could be more in the last episode. The fire that lits the already powder keg not having been poured out (talking about our feelings of this episode). Watch out people, I seen Ef and Clannad pull some outs and this series can also. The authors warning did certainly not warn of any impact variations on individual and I am one of the wide open ones for feelings.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 18, 2011 12:36 AM

Apr 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Kind of obvious it's getting worse. I fear the worst for Jintan and just ready to accept. The author was wise to warn of the depth going further, well it could be more in the last episode. The fire that lits the already powder keg not having been poured out (talking about our feelings of this episode). Watch out people, I seen Ef and Clannad pull some outs and this series can also. The authors warning did certainly not warn of any impact variations on individual and I am one of the wide open ones for feelings.

This can still have a happy ending, but I wouldn't expect it.

Yukiatsu and Jintan are still very obsessed at the end of episode 10; will that really change in the last 23 minutes of the series? I'd guess the finale will be tragic.
Jun 18, 2011 1:05 AM

Jun 2011
After watching the whole series today, the 2nd to last episode leaves me a bit torn. Personally, I'm a HUGE supporter of the Anjou/Jintan coupling in this series. Mainly because despite all that's happened, she's still affectionate to him; and shows such genuine feelings.

I still think it's messed up how Jintan was considering being with Menma despite her being passed away. I mean, it could only go so far at some point.

I'm too anxious for the ending. All I'm hoping for right now is a semi-peaceful and proper closure. Please, PLEASE Anjou. Grow a pair and kiss him already. Please.

Jun 18, 2011 3:27 AM
Jun 2011
AdamReynolds said:
This can still have a happy ending, but I wouldn't expect it.

Yukiatsu and Jintan are still very obsessed at the end of episode 10; will that really change in the last 23 minutes of the series? I'd guess the finale will be tragic.

That's the whole reason why it's still dramatic and exciting. I think Menma couldn't go to heaven because Jintan is still obsessed with her.

If she goes now Jintan will be really depressed and it will be the same way like it was 10 years ago.
So there will something happen that will change his mind and accept that Menma can't stay with him anymore.
Also it will probably make him realize it's not the end he still has his friends (especially Anaru)

I can't imagine a great ending without Menma going to heaven.

coffeecups said:
After watching the whole series today, the 2nd to last episode leaves me a bit torn. Personally, I'm a HUGE supporter of the Anjou/Jintan coupling in this series. Mainly because despite all that's happened, she's still affectionate to him; and shows such genuine feelings.

^this Tbh she's the whole reason I'm still watching this, I enjoyed this Anime so much more when Menma wasn't there, like when Jintan and Poppo were playing at Anjous house or when Jintan and Anjou were working together.

Then Menma proofed she's a Ghost and since then it was all about Menma Menma Menma Menma Menma Menma...
Anaru is so much more adorable, she's pure and so sentimental and would probably do anything for Jintan.

Also she cried so much in the Anime, if she can't smile at the end I'd be really disappointed.
Jun 18, 2011 5:10 AM

Apr 2008
OMGGG SOO CGOOOD
Jun 18, 2011 6:31 AM
Jun 2011
What I think should happen is:
Memma should have her wish granted which would be calling her beautiful or something, and she came back to visible life. Even though some would be sad for cross-dresser and black haired girl and orange haired girl. Hmmm the group seemed awfully sure of that firework heaven thing, even though it was a little skeptical from the start. and also I cried so much in this episode... i cnat take another 5 days to wait for a new episode its GONNA KILL MEEEE ERRRR!!!!!
Jun 18, 2011 6:52 AM
Jun 2011
"We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day." That's the title of this Anime, so how does a Flower fit into this Anime, since there wasn't a Episode with a Flower. Maybe Menma reincarnates as a Flower?
Jun 18, 2011 7:12 AM

Apr 2007
DeathfireD said:
Am I the only one wondering how Menma's brother is gonna react by Yukiatsu and everyone shouting at Jintan asking if Menma is still there?.

Yes - I was wondering about that as well. Plus why did the firework have the effect of making Menma younger? Could it be a plot device to finally take us back in time to the day that she died?
Jun 18, 2011 7:42 AM

Sep 2010
I didn't expect Menma to not dissappear. I really have no idea how this series should end anymore, although that can be considered as a good point. I really want to know what happens in the next episode. It feels as if there's no way too make a real conclusion to this show.
Jun 18, 2011 7:50 AM

Jul 2010
cottoncandy7 said:
Maybe she confesses to Yukiatsu and he refuses?

Jun 18, 2011 8:34 AM

Jun 2009
Crax said:
"We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day." That's the title of this Anime, so how does a Flower fit into this Anime, since there wasn't a Episode with a Flower. Maybe Menma reincarnates as a Flower?

http://tinyurl.com/3jlxnm6

What's up with Menma and the mother of Jintan :S
Jun 18, 2011 8:55 AM

Apr 2010
I feel the last episode will but happy, not some mindless bloodshed. The story they have been building up to would be ruined instantly with a ending that no one can connect to previous events.

Like mentioned before, I cant imagine a good ending without Menma "moving on."

I really hate Yukiatsu. He really is a character that nobody likes but he needs to be there so we can hate on him.

Anjou and Jin-tan is gonna be my call. Jin-tan needs to recognize Anjou san and move on in a life without Menma. Yukiatsu needs to know that Tsuruko loves him and she can work on that attitude of his. :|

I hope that this series ends in the next episode and a OVA later on to answer some of the relationship questions.

PS: The fireworks were very emotional for me.
NyandafulJun 18, 2011 8:59 AM
Jun 18, 2011 9:23 AM
May 2010
so when menma brother came, he didnt notice the floating umbrella? and that the umbrella fell?

its like last episodes when some guy helped them making the fireworks...he watched jinta talking to no one and didnt react..like it was normal...

menma having no shadow and sometimes she have one...

those little things kills this anime for me...
ZaggyPlushieJun 18, 2011 9:49 AM
Jun 18, 2011 10:45 AM

May 2008
This episode almost made me cry ;; Dammit, and Yukiatsu looks pissed as shit...can't wait for the last ep T^T So sad...

Jun 18, 2011 11:52 AM

Aug 2010
they should cut Jinta's hair next, just like when he was a kid. HOLLY SHIT, HE WOULD LOOK VERY HANDSOME, no homo ;D
Jun 18, 2011 11:58 AM

Nov 2010
Very touching episode. A fabulous end as well.
I really wonder how they are going to wrap it up in the last run.
Jun 18, 2011 12:18 PM

Jun 2009
I am overflowing with many emotions after watching Episode 10.. Oh man .... Kayano Ai is really pulling a great performance in doing Honma Meiko/Ano Hana, Thats her second ever major role after Tachibana Isana/Yumekui Merry

Jun 18, 2011 2:05 PM

Aug 2008
AnoHana makes me so emotional, I love it. (Any anime which makes me sad/cry is always a good one. Since they wouldn't make me sympathize in the first place were they poorly executed.) Too bad the anime got only 11 episodes. ;_;

The strange thing is, unlike many others, I don't dislike any character in this anime. No, not even Yukiatsu or Jintan or Menma's mother etc. They all have pretty good reasons to be/act like they do.

Yet, I must say Tsuruko is the one I feel for most. Well, poor girls.
Jun 18, 2011 2:12 PM
Sep 2009
You couldn't of expected her to dissapear, because the last few episodes have been building up memories of her and Jintan's mother, so she's obviously forgotten something that's vital to her going to heaven.
Jun 18, 2011 2:14 PM

Sep 2010
I do wonder how they're going to wrap everything up in the end. I just hope they don't pull some cheesy 5-years-later-everyone-hooked-up shit at the end for a happy ending. :\
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

217 by NillyPC »»
Apr 22, 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.