Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2010 7:22 AM

Oct 2009
Laevantein said:
When will that old guy from Yellow scarves dead?

Damn that guy. Making it worse.

Mikado's idea of disbanding Dollars, I can't say that I support that. Ugh. Shizuo got shot, low chances of ending up dead. He's a monstarrr.
KIDA! Wake up!

Izaya, you better explain this shit.

2 more eps to go, sigh.
Jun 12, 2010 7:31 AM

Jul 2009
Meddigo said:
I really hate Mikado. He's a huge pansy. Hard to believe that the creator of Baccano could make the main character for another novel more of a whiny pussy than Shinji.
That said, I was happy that Shizuo died. And he better be dead. Finally gave a sense of urgency to this series, and it desperately needed it.

>>Implying Jacuzzi isn't a pansy before.

Pfft speak for yourself.Even DRRR!! as a whole seems more subdued than something like Baccano, it’s still ultimately written by Narita, and so is going to have his methods of moving the plot along.

Mikado is still a kid,his view of outside world is naive unlike Masaomi that gone through all that during his reign of YS.He has lots to develop.He became more active in latter novel.

On the other hand,saying Shizuo is better dead is same as saying Miria&Isaac should begone,just saying.
Jun 12, 2010 8:13 AM

May 2009
Funny that there's even a little bit of doubt that:

1) Kida ordered the hit
2) Shizuo is dead

I suppose it makes sense to hedge your bets, but I'm 100% convinced that neither is true.
Jun 12, 2010 8:20 AM
Jul 2008
Who is that character on the truck?
Jun 12, 2010 8:50 AM

Apr 2010
The first part of this episode was really funny!

I belive Shizou will be fine, but it still sucks to see him being shot... I wonder if Izaya was planning that as well.

And why did Mikado have to disband Dollars? Stupid kid! >:|

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jun 12, 2010 9:26 AM

Mar 2009
I don't think Shizuo died. He's nearly invincible.
As for Mikado, I'll have to agree that he's as weak and cowardly. Didn't he say that he wanted to do his part in this whole thing in the begining? Where did that motivation go?
Jun 12, 2010 10:01 AM

Jul 2009
omg,shizu chan get shotedO.O
what will happen yet?
i dont really liked the few latest episode,
its mostly about mikado,kida and anri.
but i hope,at least everything will be clean^^"
also,
1.im sure kida wasnt the one who ordered to shot shizu chan.
2. dont dream,izaya never will explain anything.he just enjoy the mess.
also i cant hate him never.he is my fav in this whole story.a real badassxD
also i like kida,but i dont understand him really,oh and mikado...i absolutely hate his attitude-.- he just run away.perfect match with anri.
Sango_chan_desuJun 12, 2010 10:05 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2010 10:10 AM

Jan 2009
So Kida and Anri both get to know more and more all the time, and Mikado still is just as clueless as he's always been.
Seems as if Mikado will at least learn something in the next episode.. (Which is about time, considering there're only 2 episodes left >.>)

Also, lol, Shizu-chan got shot. xD

Oh btw, that police dude, on the bike, where'd he go anyway?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 12, 2010 11:41 AM

Oct 2008
CinemaZebra said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Jun 12, 2010 12:00 PM

Jun 2008
I'm getting just a little bit tired of all these thoughts that just get abandoned. What about the cop guy? Shinra's dad? Celty's head?? I could complain about Mikado disbanding the Dollars, but I'm pretty sure everyone else has done enough of that. My only problem is this: why did they introduce those things if they're never going to solve them? I can't accept "because Celty decided she doesn't need her head" because they spent the first half of the series focusing on that, so it should get resolved, but with 2 episodes left, I don't think all these loose ends are going to be tied up. Not that this show isn't still telling a good story, but it seems like it got caught up on a cool idea and forgot about some other stuff, resulting in some character inconsistency, confusion, and a feeling of being somewhat truncated overall. None of this would be a problem if this was earlier in the series, but with 2 episodes left, I can't help but wonder what someone was thinking. Hopefully I'll find out soon.
Jun 12, 2010 12:00 PM
Feb 2010
Don't doubt it. Shizuo WILL be okay.
Jun 12, 2010 12:11 PM

Jan 2010
Jiynnx said:
Don't doubt it. Shizuo WILL be okay.

I hope...

also, this episode just blew my head off. finally the director's idea became clear for me.

ps
this gives durarara one more point and it becomes 10/10 :P
Jun 12, 2010 12:18 PM

May 2009
Shizuo's been shot!!! D: NOOOOO! I refuse to think that a coward with a gun is gonna be the end of him!
Jun 12, 2010 12:20 PM

Sep 2009
AikaHime said:
Shizuo's been shot!!! D: NOOOOO! I refuse to think that a coward with a gun is gonna be the end of him!

This.
I've been feeling depressed all day over Shizuo T_T
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
Jun 12, 2010 12:25 PM

Mar 2009
Kida obviously didn't order any hits

in fact - wasn't it mentioned briefly during an Izaya/Namie scene that Izaya sent the gun to Horoda ?

soo .. IZAYA SHOT SHIZUO
Jun 12, 2010 12:26 PM

Jun 2009
Wow! The first fifteen episodes of this show rocked my world, but it seems like each new episode just gets a little stupider. I actually checked the loading bar twice this ep to see how much more I had to endure. I kinda wish Selty, and Shinra would come back into the forefront. The only character I can still get behind is Mikado. He is still a ball of awesomeness!

6/10
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Jun 12, 2010 12:30 PM

Nov 2008
Shizuo ain't gonna die. He's one tough bastard
I need money to buy ship slots in KanColle.
Jun 12, 2010 12:52 PM

Feb 2010
That was a freaking good episode...except the fact that the Dollars are disbanded, that Kida is a total emo and, finally, that Shizuo HAS BEEN SHOT T_T

Well...I hope that Shizuo will wake up, run into those cowards of Yellow Scarves and kick their ass. Again. And Again. And Again :D

Jun 12, 2010 12:53 PM

Nov 2008
Will Celty get her head back?
I need money to buy ship slots in KanColle.
Jun 12, 2010 1:04 PM

Aug 2009
gogitosbanditos said:

I hope...

also, this episode just blew my head off. finally the director's idea became clear for me.

ps
this gives durarara one more point and it becomes 10/10 :P

It was advertised as "a twisted love story" from the beginning I believe.
Jun 12, 2010 1:17 PM

Jun 2008
Kagura89 said:
Shizuo is the 3rd strongest character in Naritaverse (along with Rail Tracer & Ronnie Sukihart),i'm sure bullets doesn't harm him.He even survived being rammed by a truck remember?I have no feeling to spoil some future in this thread but PM me if you all eager to know what will happen next episode.

garfield15 said:
Smochi said:
Celty and Shinra should totally like, adopt Anri. XD
I support your idea.

Also there is one certain person that involved in Shizuo attempt assassination...

I would love to see a family of monsters *Cursed blade user, ah reaper and a mad scientist... PPFFT* XD!

But you know, more I think bout it X=!
Shizuo might be good when it comes to wounds, meaning he could survive the assasination attempt...like come on a bullet or knife... won't do shit to him...but its pourring rain..if he falls asleep...and catches a cold...gets a fever....or a pneumonia....can he recover from that as easily as a normal wound....and not only that...he's on the ground lying wound against the dirty streets...microbs..infection...?!...hell... like who knows o.O?
Even if he's the strongest...he's no immortal... cuz I know, all of us knows that both baccano and drrr are in the same univers.

*but WELL OFC THEY WON'T DO THAT...Killing off that character =__=;... r would they...dumdumdum*

anyways
Bye bye be~~!
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Jun 12, 2010 1:50 PM

Dec 2009
SHIZU-CHAAAAAAAAAAN!!!! TT~TT
Jun 12, 2010 2:32 PM

Dec 2007
Hakuro said:
Wahh~~ Shizu-chan can't die! Izaya should suck up his pride and save him >.<

Yeah, suck up his pride and save the one person he hates, completely contradicting his greatest desire for Shizuo's death. That would so be in Izaya's character. >_>

The day Shizuo dies will literally be the happiest day in Izaya's life.

RazorClaws said:
And damn Izaya. I'm so sure, he has something to do with all this. And I have theory that it wasn't Kida who ordered them to shoot Shizuo, but actually Izaya. I don't know, just a theory.

Okay, common sense that Kida didn't order YS to shoot Shizuo, point one. And Izaya, as much as he wants Shizuo dead, didn't order it either. It was obviously Horoda's idea to kill Shizuo--he's only been beaten up by the guy at least 3 times now or something.

koteg-senpai said:
in fact - wasn't it mentioned briefly during an Izaya/Namie scene that Izaya sent the gun to Horoda ?

soo .. IZAYA SHOT SHIZUO

Yeahno. What Izaya told Namie was that someone stole some handguns from Awakusu-kai. All of them except one (gee, Horoda having a gun couldn't be coincidence, could it?) were reacquired by Celty working for Izaya. But Izaya was not involved with whose hands the gun ended up in. (Not to say he doesn't know who, though. I wouldn't it put it past him to know that much.)

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Jun 12, 2010 2:48 PM

Apr 2009
holy damn awesome cliffhanger..
Jun 12, 2010 3:33 PM

Nov 2008
Shizuo...I hope, that he's like 50cent. xD Otherwise...F*ck :/
Go beyond the impossible and kick the reason to the curb!!!
Jun 12, 2010 4:19 PM

May 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHIZU-CHANNNNNNNN TT^TT
Jun 12, 2010 4:21 PM

Feb 2009
Awesome episode <3
Lawl, I know for a fact that Shizuo can't die, he's incredibly inhuman~
Jun 12, 2010 4:56 PM

May 2007
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!! Shizuooooo ;____; I hope he's gonna be ok. He just can't just be defeated like that!!

Also why did Mikado disband the Dollars... when they were working so perfectly with each other. ;; And what's wrong with Kida anyway!? I just want them all to find out about each other.

Jun 12, 2010 6:03 PM

Aug 2008
Pretty damn good episode, considering Mikado, Anri, and Masaomi all got on my nerves.
Jun 12, 2010 6:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
Pretty damn good episode, considering Mikado, Anri, and Masaomi all got on my nerves.

That's why I like this series. Even when the characters start getting too emo, everything else is entertaining enough for me to overlook that.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 12, 2010 6:19 PM

Jun 2010
Yea I love/ hate the main three, but because I love Celty, Shizuo and Izaya I push on.

Honestly when all three leaders were made clear, I was overjoyed, so much epic potential, but no it got drowned in a pool of emo tears. And given how all three are falling apart, I just hope an amazing anime like this wont be cheated in the end.
Jun 12, 2010 8:03 PM

Aug 2009
dbaranyi said:
Sad punks in the rain...

I'm really disappointed on how all of the energy and smartness of the first half of the series has frittered away in the second half.

OH Gosh. Totally agreed.
Jun 12, 2010 9:12 PM
Jun 2009
omg !
Shizu-chan is dead!? D:
Jun 12, 2010 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
the way the begining went i thought o maybe the dollars will stay strong and what not, but that all got f'd up by the ending D: WHAT DE HELL!??! SHIZUO HAS TO LIVE DX
IchigoXkissesJun 13, 2010 1:49 PM
Jun 12, 2010 9:51 PM

May 2010
SHIZUO CAN'T DIE!!!!!
If Kida-Kun had appeared in Yellow Scarvs meetings, this never happened.
Jun 13, 2010 2:25 AM

Oct 2009
D-did Shizu-chan really gone? D:
No way that's not fair! How can he's been shot and moreover the Yellow Scarves said it's Masaomi's order? I do not think he's that bad.

Shizu-chan you should survive! D:
I was wondering DRRR!! is so epic in half past episode but why near the ending it become like this? There's a lot of mysteries unresolved, yet.
Jun 13, 2010 2:30 AM

Dec 2008
Fuuuuu! Shizuo better not die like that.

And I always thought Mikado had the potential to turn into a good character. Instead he just turned into a disappointing emo. -.-
Jun 13, 2010 2:42 AM

Jan 2010
Team work ftw .. The bunny guy is the most awesome ONE LMAO :D~
Mikado >: .. wtf are you doing!?, no DOLLARS no LIFE damn you... think about it one more time D;
Kida! you got Slapped :D.. everybody should got Slapped lol, maybe this will Awaken them again xD specially Shizuo...Don't Die damn you wake UP!!! D;
Izaya you're sooooooo.... damnevilcoolcutebutidon'tknowshouldihateyouornotimeandislikeyouohdamniloveyouwtf!!!......
Jun 13, 2010 2:52 AM
Jun 2008
Efuven said:
No one going to die in this series.
Jun 13, 2010 4:26 AM

Jun 2009
MorningGlory said:
Efuven said:
No one going to die in this series.

I give this show kudos for originality, but it doesn't have the balls to kill Shizuo. So I wouldn't worry about it.
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Jun 13, 2010 5:22 AM

Jun 2008
That was an interesting one. So Mikado disbanded Dollars and Kida kind of stop playing the leader of yellow scarves leaving that crazy stupid guy do whatever he wants with them.
The only one left with followers is Anri.

Shizuo getting shot was kind of funny. Seriously it makes you wonder why no one shot him before and they let them-selfs get beat up like that. Well guns are not that easy to find in Japan i guess.

So is Anri gonna learn that Mikado was the Dollars leader face to face now?

Oh Shit! Only two episodes left.
Jun 13, 2010 7:06 AM

Nov 2008
I was hoping for a scene where Anri would swoop out her sword like last time, and at the same moment having Mikado and Kida catch her eye.

Hmm, maybe next time?
Jun 13, 2010 7:33 AM

Nov 2008
;____________________________________________;
This overally was so intense and fucking sad. And shi, Shizuo... I know everything's gonna be all right.. but how they dare to shoot you! That assholes!
Jun 13, 2010 12:26 PM

Dec 2009
SMH!!! im sooo pissed. There punks for shooting Shizuo and on top of that framing Kida
Jun 13, 2010 12:42 PM

Jul 2008
so after successfully using the power of the dollars to save her, mikado disbands them, i guess he just doesn't want to fight a war
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 13, 2010 12:48 PM

Nov 2007
Hope Celtys head doesn't awaken because of Shizuo.
Jun 13, 2010 1:28 PM

Dec 2008
I doubt Shizuo is gonna die.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jun 13, 2010 2:30 PM

May 2008
I feel like Kida hasnt done much as the leader of yellow scarves. Everything happened bc the old guy kept on going behind Kida's back and doing stuff. I wonder if the old guy works with Izaya.
Jun 13, 2010 3:08 PM

Jul 2009
Still see Kida as an unconvincing leader.

Selty was funny, taking a tantrum because she lost the game, reminds me of the angry gamers you see online.
I wonder, can people hear Selty when she speaks, or is it just us.

I would love to travel with Kadota's gang, they're like a trendy Scooby Doo team.

When Shizuo wakes up, I can totally see him going mental.
Fun stuff. :p

Jun 13, 2010 4:40 PM
Sep 2009
Shizuo, wtf! No!

Izaya is a bastard...but he's effin cool at the same time.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

goldslaught - Jun 24, 2010

598 by dspr »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

206 by Supremestrawhat »»
Today, 12:01 AM

» Seeking advice on watching order

Haemogoblin - Apr 28

4 by Haemogoblin »»
Yesterday, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shanimebib - May 20, 2010

212 by Supremestrawhat »»
Yesterday, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Blackbird - May 13, 2010

243 by Supremestrawhat »»
Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.