Forum Settings
Forums

'Chainsaw Man' Unveils Cast Members, Third Promo, Fall 2022 Premiere

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 5, 2022 2:07 PM
Jul 2016
I love Power's voice. "OooOOo, NINGEN WATASHI WA POWAH!!!!!". (On your knees, human! My name is Power!) It's wacky!
Aug 5, 2022 3:55 PM

Apr 2021
As expected from MyAnimeList, the responses are pretty toxic and overexaggarated. One thing is not being a fan of the perfomance or thinking it doesn't fit the character, another is straight up demanding the VA to be "booted" off because it's not the exact type of voice you would expect or even insulting the staff for said choice, that's just fucking immature.

And apparently the Japanese responses to it have been even worse than this one.
Aug 5, 2022 5:52 PM

Jun 2022
I for one am glad Ai is voicing Power, I think it fits.
Aug 5, 2022 6:21 PM

Sep 2019
Really good trailer. The voices sounded fine. I hope Aki and Denji perform well, since this is their first major role. Besides Power sounds fantastic like I envisioned it in the manga. Makima sounds okay. I think her voice will grew on me for a while. The art looks beautiful and the composition is grounded god damn. October looked packed. I'm looking forward to this and Mob Psycho 100.

Ngl I had a list of potential v/a's voicing which character. But I was wrong lmao. Although I have hope for the side characters.
Aug 5, 2022 9:57 PM

Jul 2021
okay, idk why people are instantly thinking makima's voice actor can only do cutesy loli crap voices. but has no one here actually watched wonder egg priority?? the character she plays doesn't even fall into cutesy voice crap. hell the character herself is serious. I think the voice actor is perfectly capable of voicing makima the way ya'll 'envisioned' it. pffft wonder egg priority isn't even a 'cute' show LMAO.
Aug 5, 2022 11:35 PM
Apr 2017
z00nex said:
Tokoya said:
So what you're telling me is that your personal imagination/projection of this woman's voice is law....Even though your appearance and personality has absolutely nothing to do with wtf your voice sounds like lol

> So what you're telling me is that your personal imagination/projection of this woman's voice is law....

yes, my opinion is supreme.

> Even though your appearance and personality has absolutely nothing to do with wtf your voice sounds like lol

Dominant woman sound much better with a deep, low-pitched voice. It adds to their looks. Hence why they’re mostly voiced by such VAs in anime.

See the thing that you and many other people are misconstruing here is the idea that Makima has a commanding or dominant personality, to begin with. The whole point of her character is that she commands the attention of others and is loved by many despite the fact that nobody can really describe why. She's an innocent and calming person, she makes those around her feel like they can drop their guard, and yet, when she asks somebody to do something, they do it, no questions asked. You just imagine an unmistakably dominant voice and personality because, given that you've read the manga, you know her true intentions.
Aug 5, 2022 11:48 PM

Sep 2019
Masutado said:
z00nex said:

> So what you're telling me is that your personal imagination/projection of this woman's voice is law....

yes, my opinion is supreme.

> Even though your appearance and personality has absolutely nothing to do with wtf your voice sounds like lol

Dominant woman sound much better with a deep, low-pitched voice. It adds to their looks. Hence why they’re mostly voiced by such VAs in anime.

See the thing that you and many other people are misconstruing here is the idea that Makima has a commanding or dominant personality, to begin with. The whole point of her character is that she commands the attention of others and is loved by many despite the fact that nobody can really describe why. She's an innocent and calming person, she makes those around her feel like they can drop their guard, and yet, when she asks somebody to do something, they do it, no questions asked. You just imagine an unmistakably dominant voice and personality because, given that you've read the manga, you know her true intentions.
Not because of her true intentions to be honest, her slightly emotion showing face always resonated with a deep voice for me
Aug 6, 2022 12:18 AM
Apr 2017
z00nex said:
Masutado said:

Not because of her true intentions to be honest, her slightly emotion showing face always resonated with a deep voice for me

I suppose you've got a point. You've also gotta consider how they make these choices though. The executive staff and the mangaka himself pick through hundreds of candidates and have the one's they land on prove they can deliver a quality performance, especially during their character's most impactful scenes. I seriously doubt they would choose this VA if she wasn't capable of fulfilling the potential of Makima's character, especially with how much Mappa is betting on Chainsaw Man to be the next big thing.
MasutadoAug 6, 2022 1:51 AM
Aug 6, 2022 2:22 AM

Jun 2014
Can the people who are mad about Makima's voice just be honest and admit that they're only mad because the voice doesn't make them horny. No need to lie either lol, we all know that's the reason, you aren't fooling anybody. She sounds fine stop bitching ffs.

And anyone who's mad that the leads are voiced by newbies or "nobodies," think about it this way: it's safe to assume the casting director(s) had to listen to hundreds upon hundreds of auditions, plenty of which most likely came from established veterans. Yet they decided that these "nobodies" were the best fit. Over VETERANS whose names alone would have generated more buzz than this show is already getting. I'm sure that speaks volumes of their talent. Give the next generation of VA talent a chance, we don't always need the same 5 names in every show. I look forward to seeing how y'all switch up once the cast inevitably does a great job.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 6, 2022 3:54 AM
Mar 2022
thebrentinator24 said:
Can the people who are mad about Makima's voice just be honest and admit that they're only mad because the voice doesn't make them horny. No need to lie either lol, we all know that's the reason, you aren't fooling anybody. She sounds fine stop bitching ffs.

And anyone who's mad that the leads are voiced by newbies or "nobodies," think about it this way: it's safe to assume the casting director(s) had to listen to hundreds upon hundreds of auditions, plenty of which most likely came from established veterans. Yet they decided that these "nobodies" were the best fit. Over VETERANS whose names alone would have generated more buzz than this show is already getting. I'm sure that speaks volumes of their talent. Give the next generation of VA talent a chance, we don't always need the same 5 names in every show. I look forward to seeing how y'all switch up once the cast inevitably does a great job.
ffs tell me a character like Makima sounding that soft
Aug 6, 2022 5:13 AM

Jan 2016
Makima voiced by Neiru from Wet Ass Priority. Hell yea, dude. I literally know nothing about Makima but i like the voice actress.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Aug 6, 2022 6:28 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread cleaned, disrespectful posts about the cast have been removed.
-DxP-Aug 6, 2022 6:34 AM
Aug 6, 2022 7:58 AM

Jun 2014
TsunderesTheBest said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Someone else in the thread mentioned this, but her voice being soft serves to show just how menacing she really is. Someone with a voice that soft and inviting seems trustworthy and harmless, so when her true nature is revealed later on down the line, it'll catch people off guard that someone with such a gentle voice is actually an evil psycho. And I wouldn't doubt that the VA will change the tone of her voice when the truth about Makima is revealed to reflect her true menacing nature. They probably wouldn't have cast her otherwise, I'm sure she's going to do a damn good job.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 6, 2022 11:58 AM
Mar 2022
thebrentinator24 said:
TsunderesTheBest said:

Someone else in the thread mentioned this, but her voice being soft serves to show just how menacing she really is. Someone with a voice that soft and inviting seems trustworthy and harmless, so when her true nature is revealed later on down the line, it'll catch people off guard that someone with such a gentle voice is actually an evil psycho. And I wouldn't doubt that the VA will change the tone of her voice when the truth about Makima is revealed to reflect her true menacing nature. They probably wouldn't have cast her otherwise, I'm sure she's going to do a damn good job.
She's already intimidating tho, the amount of coping I see about this is wild lmao
Aug 17, 2022 6:38 PM

Jul 2016
She's already intimidating tho, the amount of coping I see about this is wild lmao

She audition for Makima and Power roles, she also saying that her voice more fitting Power than Makima but director choose her because of her voice. You can watch what her saying in youtube with searching her name. Someone already translated it.
MetamarphosisAug 18, 2022 1:06 AM
Aug 24, 2022 6:34 AM

Feb 2021
Maybe it would be better to wait for Part 2 to end and then adapt ALL the story? Again it will be an end in the middle of the story.
Aug 24, 2022 3:12 PM
• Mafumafu Fan •

Apr 2018
Thread cleaned, again, please stop turning this into a personal war

AMQ: StephWeeb
Discord: drsteph
Join me on AnimeMusicQuiz!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.