Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 6, 2021 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Teddy bear speaks so fast lol
May 7, 2021 1:34 AM
Jan 2021
Actually I have arrived at episode 5, and I liked & enjoyed the story, at least not like Wonder Egg Priority where I had to drain my brain very hard for 3 months watching this even to this day.

However, the biggest problem with story plotting here is that there are too many timeskips, at a time when many aniori and new light novel/manga adaptations run the story into plotting that connects to each other per episodes and is continuous, so this makes me uncomfortable because I still don't get the story context here. Apart from that, Vivy has some instability issues with its animation and graphics. On the one hand, it feels very detailed, but sometimes, it's the same as a common anime style like Wonder Egg, Idoly Pride, and some new romance anime from Kadokawa are currently being released, so I even feel dizzy with the graphics.

So I chose to pause Vivy first until the end, considering there are many good anime in Spring 2021 which are the pilot series.
May 8, 2021 1:22 AM

Feb 2021
There has only been one quibble I've had with Vivy, and that's in episode 6. The repurposing of the AI for use as the core of the island made no sense to me and just seemed like a dumb plot convenience.

Aside from that I've really enjoyed watching Vivy. I have no issue with the time skips. And even though it's a show about AI rebellion, perhaps the most played-out and boring scifi trope I can think of, I find myself quite liking it. The unusual method of time-travel works in its favor I think.
May 8, 2021 3:22 PM
Oct 2020
Not that anything makes it a bad anime for me, I just wish the episode count was touch higher so we get a little more time with the Sisters in each time skip, so that when we reach the inevitable conclusion of their arcs, the impact is a little deeper for me. But for what we have gotten that’s a extremely minor complaint
May 8, 2021 9:33 PM

Jan 2021
Anime is 10/10 this is just a bunch of nitpicking, if u dont like it gtfo and go watch your garb MHA and fairy tail
May 10, 2021 10:27 AM
Jan 2021
I checked it out due to Gigguk recommending it but after watching 4 episodes, I just find it kind of boring. My biggest disappointment comes from the animation. Wits work on AoT S1-3 is jaw dropping but here, it's just really lacking. There are scenes that are really running but those are often very still moments. The fight scene between Vivy and Elizabeth as an example is one where they jump from pose to pose with very few in-betweens and looked janky as a result. Same for the scene where Vivy is running down the hallway and being shot at. It just looked awkward.
May 13, 2021 1:21 PM

Jun 2011
Perhaps too early too judge but since it's only gonna have 13 episodes I'm expecting for the ending to be rushed. That would be a shame as it's directed so well so far but may fall flat, kinda like Zankyou no Terror once did.

Let's hope that it will not be the case.
May 14, 2021 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
the fact that some parts of it are written by Tappei? yeah thats probably my major gripe about the show, give it all to Umehara and it would have been good smh.
May 15, 2021 10:41 AM

Mar 2014
BromWalar said:
ETHANethan said:
I don't like Matsumoto mostly because of the voice but he grew on me.

I do not like Matsumoto because how quickly he speak and I can not keep up with subtitles.

Yeah I don't like him too, the way he talks really annoys me
May 15, 2021 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think it's bad by any mean but it's not great eithe. The writing kinda eh and I also think it is lacking coherent worldbuilding in order to justify the situations the characters are put in.
May 30, 2021 2:15 PM

Jul 2020
Honestly, I don't see why people are praising Vivy so much
The Ai taking control of the planet isn't original as a plot.
Now, the themes presented in this anime aren't new. For instance, showing AI can display some human emotions. A lot of stories have done this subject.

Finally, it's ridiculous the plot convenience with Matsumoto. It can predict the timeline by using the information of the previous one. How is it possible that Matsumoto can know what event will occur even if the current timeline has changed a lot? I don't expect something like Steins Gate where one action can modify the future. However, it's simply too easy how this mechanic works on this series.
MinosSoraMay 30, 2021 4:25 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2021 7:20 AM

Mar 2021
Nothing, I thik its one of the best animes of this season, maybe the best
rafasc33Jun 1, 2021 7:32 AM
Jun 1, 2021 7:55 AM

Jan 2021
I wish Vivy was more of a rock diva instead of pop. Both her design and the soundtrack would have been cooler imo.
Jun 1, 2021 9:31 AM
Mar 2021
I don’t how how some of you guys, don’t like his voice. I think is one of the best interpretations! I don’t imagine him with other voice tbh. He does talk very fast, but I think it suits his “personality”.
I do not like Matsumoto because how quicly he speak and I can not keep up with subtitles.[/quote]
ETHANethan said:
I don't like Matsumoto mostly because of the voice but he grew on me.
Jun 1, 2021 12:05 PM

Mar 2015
KAIRO333 said:
BromWalar said:

The only thing I dislike at the moment is the character design of the main heroine, but that is pretty much it.
Elaborate. She looks great.
imo she looks best in action scenes, like fighting and shit. but as a singer her whole silhouette seems kind of out of place somehow. like she wasn't primarily designed for singing but rather for combat and scene performance is some kind of side activity. it should have been 'hatsune miku saves the world' but we got 'motoko kusanagi does some singing for leisure'. that is my biggest dissatisfaction with character's design
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jun 4, 2021 7:30 AM

Sep 2014
As a disclaimer, I do generally like the show, its mainly my disappointment that its not better. Because with a few changes it would be really outstanding.
That beeing said, there is quite a lot I dislike when I think about it.

Matsumoto/Cubeman is ultra annoying. From the way he speaks to his entire personality. The show would legitely be better without him.

The show tries to force an emotional connection between Vivy, Cube and us even though its not there. He disappears for decades and only shows up for a few hours/days. We simply dont see the long time in between.

He is also just unbelievably dumb. He is written as if he should understand that simply delaying an action doesnt change much in the greater scheme of things. Yet he thinks stopping action A today without going to the core of the problem would be enough, as if it matters if someone is killed today or tomorrow a decade later.
For a time travelling story this is just extremely bad, obviously changing history would .. change history? So stuff not going exactly like it happened in the original timeline should be expected after the very first time they intervened. He even witnesses it first hand, that his information is not absolute. (space station plot) But he and the story just forgets it.

The animation is just average with a couple of sasuga shots thrown in which really disrupts the flow. OPM did it well because the animation overall was very fluid and some scenes were just going the extra mile. Vivy turns into a completely different style for a few frames.

Sometimes I wonder if they did not render scenes completely or of they ran out of pixels, dynamic scenes just dont look crisp. Like having a low bitrate in flashy scenes

The AIs arent written as AI. They are human in all but name.
AI is code, you can copy it, restore it etc. The only way for an AI to die is code corruption. The fitting alternative for the setting would be memory loss from backups or corrupted code. That doesnt happen though.
Viviy is one of the oldest AIs around and it doesnt matter one bit. Not for action or anything and certainly not for their personality. because the story forgets the characters are supposed to be robots.

AIs only have one very vague mission, yet they can do anything they want as long as they justify it with that mission.
AIs act emotional because the story needs drama.

The story doesnt honour its own core concepts of time travel and AI. That makes it pretty bland honestly. Its so inconsistent between beeing really good and really boring.

The world building is also non existent for a story spanning decades.

TL;DR:
Cube sidekick is annoying and bad
AI isnt really AI
There is no solid concept, from time travelling to writing AI or world building.
Its episodic "You should feel sad now".
Animation is disruptive.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 4, 2021 7:35 AM

Jul 2020
I don't Know MAybe Matsumoto's Voice
Jun 4, 2021 8:26 AM
Apr 2020
When matsumoto met vivy for the first time, he created a new timeline after saving that guy from toak. The problem is that he still expects everything to go in the same way in this new timeline (like that space hotel's descent time) and he is supposed to be a super ai from the future.
The characters are boring and almost every episode follows the same concept(some event that might ultimately cause the mass destruction in the future will be stopped by vivy and matsumoto with someone dying). The terrorist group only exist to fill the place of antagonist. They have no reason to hate the AIs.
Also the timeskips does not actually feel like a time skip as everything stays the same.
I had high expectations from episode 1 but after that it felt rushed and poorly executed.
I would've liked this if its not just about what it is(the sisters and songs in every episode bullshit) and something more like vivy doing things that goes against her willingness(like killing people) and receiving some character development from that, and also some well developed antagonist with some good reason to be one.
YashvanthJun 4, 2021 8:39 AM
Jun 4, 2021 8:46 AM

Oct 2019
i feel like that one guy who was in most of the arks had a semi weak reason for how much he was trying. but other than that the show is top tier, and even that isn't a huge problem.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 15, 2021 11:30 PM
Jul 2018
anushki said:
I dont understand wtf is happening bc I have to turn my brain on while watching it so i dont like it.

You can say I am too dumb to understand but after seeing those threads complaining abt plot holes and the lack of logic I am still wondering when tf it happened.
yeah It's weird. They go to 50 years future after 1 or 2 episodes. Story is kinda critical.
Jun 16, 2021 1:29 AM
Oct 2008
I wait till last episode but for me it's something with energy of anime. Like there is lack of something that would make show 10. I think that is reaching out for emotions.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

257 by Nextella »»
Apr 24, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

369 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

295 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.