Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 25, 2021 12:01 AM
Jan 2021
I would be interested in knowing what you believe makes Vivy a bad anime atm so I can look at the anime from different perspectives, as personally I don’t really have anything negative to say about the show up to ep 5 anyways. Thanks 👍

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 25, 2021 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
Let me guess, there’s gonna be that one guy who says “It lAcKs LoGIc”
Apr 25, 2021 12:20 AM
Sep 2020
I don't like Matsumoto mostly because of the voice but he grew on me.
Apr 25, 2021 1:00 AM

Feb 2021
Its only gonna have 1 season. I hope to see more but its ok Im gonna enjoy what I get
Apr 25, 2021 1:03 AM

Jun 2020
ETHANethan said:

I do not like Matsumoto because how quicly he speak and I can not keep up with subtitles.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Apr 25, 2021 1:05 AM

Jun 2020
maxwell0710 said:
I would be interested in knowing what you believe makes Vivy a bad anime atm so I can look at the anime from different perspectives, as personally I don’t really have anything negative to say about the show up to ep 5 anyways. Thanks 👍

The only thing I dislike at the moment is the character design of the main heroine, but that is pretty much it.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Apr 25, 2021 1:11 AM
Apr 2021
BromWalar said:
maxwell0710 said:

The only thing I dislike at the moment is the character design of the main heroine, but that is pretty much it.
Elaborate. She looks great.
Apr 25, 2021 1:22 AM

Nov 2015
Mostly how quickly Matsumoto talks. It's difficult to keep up with his subtitles.

Also not a fan of the occasionally "hyper realistic" appearance of faces that are just frozen in place to look beautiful. It looks especially weird when they have this gorgeous, unmoving face while their lips are moving. I don't hate it and it looks really good but it also feels a bit odd for the art design to change briefly. But that's just a personal nitpick.
Apr 25, 2021 1:22 AM

Jun 2020
KAIRO333 said:
BromWalar said:

Elaborate. She looks great.

Why would I elaborate? I am saying I do not like the design, not that it is bad, badly drawn or something. Just personally find girl herself look kind of bland or something like that; hard to put into words.
Apr 25, 2021 1:24 AM
Jan 2018
That The series’s is only 13 episodes and will most likely be limited on what it can answer due to the medium
Apr 25, 2021 3:52 AM
Dec 2019
That ever since episode two I have cried at least once per episode
Apr 25, 2021 4:48 AM
Mar 2021
Animation is out of this world. Wit studio never disappoints!

I can't really complain on the anime. The 5 episodes so far excedes my expectation.
Apr 25, 2021 6:15 AM
Mar 2021
Where I have to sometimes pause to read Matsumoto's line.
Apr 25, 2021 6:40 AM

Jan 2019
it's pretty good so far but I didn't really enjoy the writing direction they took for episode 4
Apr 25, 2021 7:46 AM

Sep 2018
Disclaimer: I'll be motivating why I don't think Vivy is a 10/10 but just a 8 or 9, so it's obviously gonna sound like nitpicking.

From this kind of anime I don't need a tightly written, plot-hole-less and thought provoking script that delves deeply into the themes of A.I. ethics and morality. It would be easy to criticise Vivy by simply listing all the classics that handled these themes better (sometimes in exchange for a less interesting presentation).

I want a delightful experience provided by animation, OST and good directing. Vivy does have some wow moments like the beginning of ep 1 or the end of ep 4 and for most of the runtime it is pretty good, but it's just not enough to be a 10/10, something I hoped it could be after the first episode.

In comparison, Violet Evergarden isn't deep or anything like that, but every second of it gave me enormous satisfaction, even leaving the tear-jerking moments aside.
NirinboApr 25, 2021 7:53 AM
Apr 25, 2021 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
I dont understand wtf is happening bc I have to turn my brain on while watching it so i dont like it.

You can say I am too dumb to understand but after seeing those threads complaining abt plot holes and the lack of logic I am still wondering when tf it happened.
Apr 25, 2021 1:12 PM
Feb 2021
Sometimes it's difficult to keep up with Matsumotos subtitles. Thats the only thing so far that I dislike. It's an anime with a wonderful animation and a good story so far.👍
DeinBaumApr 25, 2021 1:26 PM
Apr 25, 2021 1:13 PM

Jan 2020
Dialogue isn't always hitting for me but it's important so it's far from a bad thing

Apr 25, 2021 1:26 PM

Jul 2015
That there is only one episode per week, I need more q_q

Honestly I have zero complaints so far, just feeling the standard dread with anime originals that makes me worry if maybe next episode is the one where it suddenly gets worse. But well, I had that fear every episode and it only keeps getting better so I will believe.
Apr 25, 2021 5:16 PM
Oct 2020
I’m gonna call it the Shaft effect. Some moments or frames are beautifully animated, whether the action or Diva’s face, then they cut to a wide shot where the characters look like shit compared to the background art. Like Monogatori series, the art style changes are drastic and off putting. Unlike Mono where it added an aspect of avante-garde, in Vivy, while very pretty, just feels inconsistent.
Apr 25, 2021 8:47 PM

Sep 2020
I am getting way too much hyped during the action scenes ,
Apr 25, 2021 10:06 PM
Oct 2020
ETHANethan said:

To think that the same guy voiced Lelouch. Some VAs are just beyond human comprehension
Apr 25, 2021 11:13 PM
Jan 2021
I feel like there's too many convenient plot points right now.
Also the bad guys are the same, and everytime they fail in the same stupid way.
Like literally main protagonist saved that one guy three times in three different episodes.
Other than that I mostly liked it.
TO EXCEL IS TO FAIL
Apr 25, 2021 11:17 PM

May 2016
MajorLeeGaming said:
it's pretty good so far but I didn't really enjoy the writing direction they took for episode 4
That was the best episode
Apr 25, 2021 11:19 PM

May 2016
Clement75 said:
Like literally main protagonist saved that one guy three times in three different episodes.
The rule of 3. She saved him 3 times so there won’t likely be a 4th
Apr 25, 2021 11:22 PM
Apr 2017
Clement75 said:

Yeah ofc it's the same bad guys, the entire organization exists for this... And ofc they fail a time traveler AI already knows what happens.

Obviously the guy Vivy saves is important to the future otherwise he would not appear so much.
Apr 25, 2021 11:27 PM

Jul 2016
The only thing I don't really like (and even then, it's just a minor thing) is when the art style changes to some kind of hyper-realistic look. Not really sure how to put it into words, but if you want an example, around 19:19 in episode 3 where Diva's art style changed. It's not that it's a bad design (if anything, the artists are flexing their skills). I just feel like there's a pretty harsh difference between those moments and what the rest of the show looks like.
Apr 25, 2021 11:50 PM

Feb 2014
Maybe the people who say,"It's got mechas so that's why?".
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 25, 2021 11:50 PM

Mar 2021
nothing at all it is amazing
All the stars in the sky await you!
Apr 26, 2021 12:10 AM
Apr 2021
Joshua123_4 said:
The only thing I don't really like (and even then, it's just a minor thing) is when the art style changes to some kind of hyper-realistic look. Not really sure how to put it into words, but if you want an example, around 19:19 in episode 3 where Diva's art style changed. It's not that it's a bad design (if anything, the artists are flexing their skills). I just feel like there's a pretty harsh difference between those moments and what the rest of the show looks like.
Those are the best moments lol
Apr 26, 2021 2:53 AM
Dec 2020
hmm... nothing, this anime is the anime of the season for me easily

other than that, Matsumoto being the potential main antagonist just like Kyuubei in Madoka Magica, and only using Vivy all this time... I hope its not though
Apr 26, 2021 6:29 AM
Feb 2021
The Toak guy who saved by vivy 3 times. That annoy me rn its like watching samurai champloo girl who get kidnaped again and again. But I hope this episode is the last time he saved by vivy lol
GushiyhiApr 26, 2021 9:02 AM
Apr 26, 2021 6:51 AM
Feb 2018
I just hope vivy is a real human :((
Why is she only an anime character????
Apr 26, 2021 7:13 AM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
Timeskips are too bad, and the anime overall is boring, nothing special.
Apr 26, 2021 7:46 AM
Jan 2021
foxyahoo said:
Clement75 said:

Yeah ofc it's the same bad guys, the entire organization exists for this... And ofc they fail a time traveler AI already knows what happens.

Obviously the guy Vivy saves is important to the future otherwise he would not appear so much.

What I mean that we haven't had a serious threat.
I don't care, and I am not threatened, then another one of disposable bad guys is trying to kill the main character.
Should I be?
We haven't got any answers, so we just going from one singularity point to another, and if you think about it they are kind of irrelevant at this point.
Like in episode 4 they introduced space drama, which I enjoyed, but should I care...
There's a big plot twist coming up as I feel. Idk if Matsumoto a villain, but that guy got to know, also f*ck him, he couldn't find a better job in 20 years, yet again got saved by the main protagonist.
TO EXCEL IS TO FAIL
Apr 26, 2021 7:50 AM

Apr 2020
The casts not being enough/much likeable so far
Apr 26, 2021 8:16 AM

May 2020
the fact that it's already halfway through so it's going to end soon...
Apr 26, 2021 9:03 AM

May 2020
that dumbass who keeps getting saved

𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘

Apr 26, 2021 10:22 AM
Apr 2021
Agree with Matsu talking too fast, they have a special on YouTube with the voice cast every week and I don't understand Japanese well but I think he mentioned that, that's the way the creators wanted it. I think they got over quite a lot in those shows but yep my Japanese sucks and the Google translated subtitles don't help one bit.
Apr 26, 2021 2:14 PM

Jul 2016
KAIRO333 said:
Joshua123_4 said:
Those are the best moments lol

Using it to signify episode climaxes works well, but it just doesn't feel consistent with what the rest of the episode looked like. If they made the entire anime with that style (as unrealistic of a job that would be), it would look fine, but cutting from hyper stylized to normal and then back to hyper stylized just feels off.

What makes it different than sakuga in other anime is the style of the character itself changes. Using Jujutsu Kaisen or Demon Slayer as an example, sakuga moments don't really change how the characters look but rather focus it on the animation and fighting. With Vivy though, the style of the character changes, which makes it feel inconsistent with what the character normally looks like.
Apr 26, 2021 2:18 PM
May 2020
tbh nothing. i dont wanna be that guy either, an elitist with superb intelligence saying "it doesn't make any sense" or "it lacks sense"
so far its 9/10, it just hasnt pull its ace card of twist, ig
Apr 27, 2021 2:25 AM

Jul 2015
It's really boring. Mainly because I don't feel an attachment to any of the characters; similar to what I felt about Violet Evergarden (dropped it after three episodes).

Apr 27, 2021 11:32 AM

Apr 2012
I have no complaints at the moment. So far it's hitting all the right tunes for me. The art style and animation can mostly be subjective since not all animes are drawn the same way. This series has its own uniqueness as far art design and animation is concerned.

Btw...
I love staring into Vivy's eyes, they're so captivating and exquisite to look at.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 1, 2021 7:34 AM

Jan 2020
It's not bad but so far not really special one, i didn't like the "i want to learn emotions" trope like Violet Evergarden has , and so far the time travel is decent , but at least it's not as predictable as "Your Name" did but it's not really special either since the law has been used in Steins Gate too.
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
May 5, 2021 2:12 PM
Aug 2017
Wen_tnuocca said:
I’m gonna call it the Shaft effect. Some moments or frames are beautifully animated, whether the action or Diva’s face, then they cut to a wide shot where the characters look like shit compared to the background art. Like Monogatori series, the art style changes are drastic and off putting. Unlike Mono where it added an aspect of avante-garde, in Vivy, while very pretty, just feels inconsistent.
Wen_tnuocca said:

This is not shaft. It's studio wit
May 5, 2021 2:12 PM
Aug 2017
MitchellMi said:
It's really boring. Mainly because I don't feel an attachment to any of the characters; similar to what I felt about Violet Evergarden (dropped it after three episodes).

yes except vivy has fight scenes!
May 5, 2021 2:18 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I just find her kind of bland. She's meant to be that way since she is an AI after all, and it helps to contrast each of the sad stories that they will be a part of. But I still can't help that I'm just looking at a blank slate whenever she's on screen. Just have matsumoto steal the show and take control lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 5, 2021 5:29 PM
Apr 2017
TimMarcus said:
It's not bad but so far not really special one, i didn't like the "i want to learn emotions" trope like Violet Evergarden has , and so far the time travel is decent , but at least it's not as predictable as "Your Name" did but it's not really special either since the law has been used in Steins Gate too.

This is not about wanting to learn emotions, there is a bigger plot unlike Violet Evergarden, other than "singing with heart" she is pretty aware of the world and normal emotions, she is just more serious than the other AI because she was the first one, you can see how the other sisters show more emotions but that does not mean they feel more than her, the point is more about if AI's emotions are real or not.
May 5, 2021 8:52 PM
Jul 2020
I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t like this anime. Writing feels shallow and boring to me. Matsumoto is annoying, and Vivy just feels like an emotionless blank slate they can give emotions whenever they feel like it. I do agree that the visuals and sound design are phenomenal though, as expected of wit. I’m a big Tappei fan but the writing just hasn’t been for me.
May 6, 2021 2:04 AM

Jul 2015
Zefiroj said:
MitchellMi said:

yes except vivy has fight scenes!

But those lose their impact if I don't care about the characters. Same story about the art and animation.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

369 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

295 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

256 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.