Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 2, 2021 4:32 PM

May 2019
I would like a another aditional ranking, simply, like we have "manga", "movies" etc:

- FRANCHISES

Based on the average score of the entries of the series.
Apr 3, 2021 12:04 AM
Jan 2021
Yesssss exactly anime should be ranked as a whole not just season wise... but you know what I think we should consider season 4 rating means that the entire series till season 4.
Thx
Apr 3, 2021 12:44 AM
Sep 2020
spider2098 said:
I hate this thing on Mal top anime should be Ranked based on full length of anime or upto point where it aired not season wise...cuz i checked ratings on IMDB it is rated 8.9⭐ but when i checked the episodes rating every episode is rated above 8.5 (except s1ep3 8.4⭐) and almost every episode is rated above 9⭐ and 9.5⭐ and two episodes are rated 10/10⭐ and when i checked other animes and Fmab none of them r close to AoT..Even Fmab eps r not closed to 9.8⭐ and even eps r rated below 7⭐ even 6⭐ and yet it is top on mal and in my opinion the anime should not be ranked season wise...thats all

Dosent that prove the point that AOT is underrated
Apr 3, 2021 12:45 AM
Sep 2020
Acnologia_19 said:
Not hating but aot fans blindly vote any episodes 10/10 there are many episode of other anime which are also goat tier but there rating is that we can consider not like aot rating like 9.99/10 or 10/10

Remember that there are casuals also rating there ,neither fans nor haters ,so it all balances out
Apr 3, 2021 12:47 AM
Sep 2020
spider2098 said:
I hate this thing on Mal top anime should be Ranked based on full length of anime or upto point where it aired not season wise...cuz i checked ratings on IMDB it is rated 8.9⭐ but when i checked the episodes rating every episode is rated above 8.5 (except s1ep3 8.4⭐) and almost every episode is rated above 9⭐ and 9.5⭐ and two episodes are rated 10/10⭐ and when i checked other animes and Fmab none of them r close to AoT..Even Fmab eps r not closed to 9.8⭐ and even eps r rated below 7⭐ even 6⭐ and yet it is top on mal and in my opinion the anime should not be ranked season wise...thats all

For your information AOT tjose 2 epispdes are the only 10/10 episodes in all of IMDb that are 1000 votes and above,the other episode is ozymandias from breaking bad aka greatest tv show of all time ,and
Critics says that if aot gets a decent ending it could very well be the greatest tv show of all time ,
And also one of the best rated shows of all times
Apr 3, 2021 12:49 AM
Sep 2020
AkeldamaTemere said:
but what do you do about the people who want to rate arc by arc?
It's better the way it is now as it is a middle ground between what you want and what the stated above people want

Exactly in that case some of the arcs in Fullmetal alchemist are so slow that it dosent deserve that top rating on mal
Apr 3, 2021 6:14 AM

Feb 2021
solele said:
IFollowKIngs said:
Did you just use IMBD to
make a point lmao, if you want to look at like that. Then look at the series rating fmab(series) is at a 9,1 , while aot is a 8,9...

Bruh what, I am making a point, that AoT fans don’t blindly rate the episodes. I’m not talking about the shows’s overall score. Read the convo before you make false claims
They do, they blindly rate every ep look at mal, in case you
Cant read, the aot fandom is really big right now, like with 3/4 mil fanbase or even more, so why cant they put 50k people to blindly rate it,
I wouldnt go out for a 100% blind rating but more of at least 50% and the fmab fandom is smaller on imbd, their only active on mal or reddit
“The only thing humans are equal in is death.”
― Johan Liebert
Apr 3, 2021 12:26 PM
Sep 2020
IFollowKIngs said:
solele said:

Bruh what, I am making a point, that AoT fans don’t blindly rate the episodes. I’m not talking about the shows’s overall score. Read the convo before you make false claims
They do, they blindly rate every ep look at mal, in case you
Cant read, the aot fandom is really big right now, like with 3/4 mil fanbase or even more, so why cant they put 50k people to blindly rate it,
I wouldnt go out for a 100% blind rating but more of at least 50% and the fmab fandom is smaller on imbd, their only active on mal or reddit

Jesus christ man, what's it gonna take to get you to read what I wrote. I said that the top voters, the "critiques" of IMDB, the people who aren't biased and don't give a shit, gave the highest rated AoT episodes a 9.9 while they gave the highest rated FMAB episode a 9.3, which is even lower than it's base score.
Apr 3, 2021 12:52 PM

Jul 2019
Absolutely yes

Some anime being seasonal with one thousand entries while other have a single entry with hundreds of episodes makes the whole Top Anime list a complete mess
Apr 3, 2021 9:00 PM
Jan 2021
Rojaseb said:
Absolutely yes

Some anime being seasonal with one thousand entries while other have a single entry with hundreds of episodes makes the whole Top Anime list a complete mess
Rating an anime which releases seasonally doesn't work because a lot of animes change studios or deviate from the manga or the studio decides to not put in much effect for the anime and more importantly there's a viewership drop between every season and for anime ratings where user ratings are very important that creates a huge difference and calculating a total score with varying viewership fairly is nearly impossible
Apr 3, 2021 9:16 PM
Jan 2021
someone named agoxvfom (alt account ) is posting spoilers not only for aot but other anime too so be careful.
he's probably someone in the thread
Apr 3, 2021 9:31 PM

Nov 2018
WillHawkins said:
spider2098 said:
the way it is now rating by seasons is a far better idea than just putting it all in one and rating that, this way keeps it more accurate since different seasons may have their own structures and studios so rating them individually makes it more fair and accurate

Yeah I actually agree with you, because if GoT were listed separately, then every season from 5th season onwards would have a score lower than the previous season, with season 8 having the lowest score at probably around 4 or even lower.
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत।
अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्यहम् ॥४-७॥

परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥४-८॥
Apr 3, 2021 9:35 PM
Jan 2021
FierBub said:
WillHawkins said:
the way it is now rating by seasons is a far better idea than just putting it all in one and rating that, this way keeps it more accurate since different seasons may have their own structures and studios so rating them individually makes it more fair and accurate

Yeah I actually agree with you, because if GoT were listed separately, then every season from 5th season onwards would have a score lower than the previous season, with season 8 having the lowest score at probably around 4 or even lower.
Nah season 8 would be 6 because one one episode is rated 4 which is also the lowest
Apr 3, 2021 9:41 PM
Feb 2020
A way to score a franchise like aot or sao and then score the separate seasons would be cool
Apr 3, 2021 11:07 PM

Jul 2019
Detofox said:
A way to score a franchise like aot or sao and then score the separate seasons would be cool

This is actually a pretty good idea
Apr 3, 2021 11:08 PM

Jul 2019
shadowdragon007 said:
someone named agoxvfom (alt account ) is posting spoilers not only for aot but other anime too so be careful.
he's probably someone in the thread

Report for spoilers and they'll get banned
Apr 5, 2021 8:25 AM
Jun 2019
iago_cf01 said:
The rating war between season 3 part 2 (wit cocksuckers) and season 4 part 1 (mappa bootlickers) has been pretty fun actually. Can't people seriously just enjoy the series and stop arguing like little children?

I don't hate either studio, I just genuinely enjoyed season 3 part 2 more. Why does it have to be a studio race war?
Apr 5, 2021 3:41 PM
May 2020
Acnologia_19 said:
Not hating but aot fans blindly vote any episodes 10/10 there are many episode of other anime which are also goat tier but there rating is that we can consider not like aot rating like 9.99/10 or 10/10

Actually both aot and fmab have fans who vote everything 10/10
Apr 5, 2021 4:07 PM
Sep 2017
AkeldamaTemere said:
but what do you do about the people who want to rate arc by arc?
It's better the way it is now as it is a middle ground between what you want and what the stated above people want

Id say probably have a system in place where people can rate the overall show and the arcs as well, and arc ratings also impact overall rating, just by less
Apr 8, 2021 6:16 PM
Jun 2019
sonicflash703 said:
BurrZurrCarr said:

Yeah I mostly agree with this take, although I believe that IMBD has just as much authority when it come to anime as MAL in my opinion.

In my opinion, even though it's kinda annoying and sometimes even a little confusing to navigate the site this way, it doesn't really make sense to bundle all the seasons together into a cumulative score.

If that was the case, you'd see the score for the entire show jump around like crazy everytime a new season comes out, and it wouldn't paint an accurate picture of the quality of the show.

Granted, it's not a perfect system. The later seasons of shows will almost always be rated higher than the earlier one's because usually only people who enjoy the first seasons continue onwards, and I think we're seeing that right now with AOT. Don't get me wrong, season 4 is REALLY GOOD, but better than season 3 AND a 9.2 average? That might be a bit of a reach.

I agree with everything here but that IMDb has as much authority as MAL. They have an extremely huge bias on shonens and actions w only non-actions like Steins and LotGH rated high imo.

I only said that because IMDB has an episode by episode ranking which is a pretty neat feature, but yeah your 100% right, I never actually considered that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.