Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2020 2:51 AM

Jun 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well. Looks like Mugino is quite broke himself but nice to see that at least he wasn't bluffing about helping others. Got to see a little bit of Mugino's childhood. Gotta say Lord third was indeed a strong and kind Hokage. Also, seeing Himawari creating that gift for Hinata was cute. Overall, a nice episode for sure. We can expect some action next week.
Dec 27, 2020 2:58 AM
Oct 2020
Next ep is gonna be manga canon... finally
Dec 27, 2020 3:05 AM

Jan 2020
This was setting up so much. It was cute seeing Himawari making a vase for Hinata for her birthday in episode airing on Hinata's birthday. Just bit sad we didn't see Hinata herself in this episode.
Dec 27, 2020 3:27 AM

Jul 2015
Interesting to see a different side of the serious Mugino, with his silly antics of skipping to pay fees, giving his money to the poor kid and his past with the Third Hokage. Definitely felt like some death flags have been raised when he told Boruto about the fortune telling.

Dec 27, 2020 3:40 AM

Jul 2017
Lord Third is truly the godfather of shinobi. Wise and kind in any situaion.
I got a lot of respect for Mugino in this episode, surprised myself that giving money to stranger wasn't a lie.
"Whether it's a lie or the truth, I'll believe a child.", Lord Third really made an impact on his life.
Solid episode. Happy Birthday Hinata.
Dec 27, 2020 3:41 AM
Nov 2013
Pretty good ep
Mugino was the main interest of the ep but the little buildups here and there for the next arc were nice
I liked mugino since his appearance but this ep made me like him even more. It seems like that's the case for boruto too, he even called him big brother mugino at the end of the ep
I liked some little details like how mugino gave hiruzen flowers to kill him but in this era of peace he receives them as a sign of gratitude
I like how mugino inherited the will of hiruzen, he thinks of him as his role model and that he will repay him for saving his life in the next eps (i don't wanna spoil :p)

Next ep the manga adpatation start ! Can't wait
Dec 27, 2020 4:22 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Throughout this whole episode I had this eerie feeling that something bad is about to happen to Mugino, though I'm not really sure why. Maybe it was his childhood story or the last part when Boruto said "See you later" and Mugino saying earlier that he never broke a promise.

Also, Katasuke still looks pretty suspicious to me. Hmmm...
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 27, 2020 4:45 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Mugino backstory. One of the few past story i've ever respect at the entire Boruto series, especially with a lot of bonds he had for Boruto and the team 7. And yes, its not a dissapointment. I believed that kind of story might led Boruto into a nice character development. However, for the truth, let it flew for only that right now. Because the canon story still be lasts for the next few episodes .... Okay, then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 27, 2020 5:09 AM

Oct 2017
That was a nice backstory and Himawari making a pot for Hinata was cute. Boruto came up with some flowers which was sweet.
Dec 27, 2020 5:16 AM

Aug 2015
This episode kind of brought me tears during multiple parts, from Mugino's backstory to the presents generosity with the child, also rest in peace in the afterlife Hiruzen Sarutobi.
ElfezenDec 27, 2020 5:20 AM
Dec 27, 2020 5:46 AM

Jul 2019
A nice backstory for Mugino. Didn't think I would like him as a character but I guess they did pretty well integrating him. Not sure but it seems like a death flag
Dec 27, 2020 7:33 AM

Apr 2012
Guess who dint get a gift for Hinata's birthday. Naruto of course.
Unless there is a universe where his gift to her is the prosthetic arm.
Dec 27, 2020 10:00 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I have a baaaad feeling about Mugino, I feel like he will not make it.
Dec 27, 2020 10:36 AM

Jun 2014
It was cool seeing a little bit of Mugino's background, and I'm glad we got to see Hiruzen again. Things are going to start picking up and getting intense next episode.

Also, idk if the writers threw in that "Hinata's birthday" subplot intentionally or if it was just coincidental, but I find it amusing that that was part of the episode and it aired today on Hinata's birthday lol.
thebrentinator24Dec 27, 2020 10:41 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 27, 2020 11:09 AM

Dec 2016
So Vase-kun finally arrived?

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 27, 2020 11:49 AM

Feb 2019
Nice little setup episode before we get into the manga canon next week. Hype as fuck. Was nice to see lord 3rd again.
Dec 27, 2020 12:49 PM
Apr 2019
Nice episode animation looked different in preview in a good way less blurry hopefully a change for this next arc and not just a one off
Dec 27, 2020 1:00 PM

Mar 2020
It surprises me with this other side of Mugino, I thought he was always serious. And it's nice to see his connection to the Third Hokage. It looks like we will have, Naruto vs Boruto in the next episode, with Naruto testing the new hand.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 27, 2020 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
Aikotoba said:
Lord Third is truly the godfather of shinobi. Wise and kind in any situaion.
I got a lot of respect for Mugino in this episode, surprised myself that giving money to stranger wasn't a lie.
"Whether it's a lie or the truth, I'll believe a child.", Lord Third really made an impact on his life.
Solid episode. Happy Birthday Hinata.

The third hokage I pictured was more like this in the prequel. Even though he had promised Minato and Kushina he would take care of Naruto.
He would give Naruto pocket money. But Naruto lived alone as a child. Naturally he grew up having to fend for himself since he had no family or relatives to take care of him. It's a sad story.

This episode shows he had an unexpected good moment. Letting himself get stabbed to apologize to a kid who was forced to be an assassin shinobi.
Dec 27, 2020 7:57 PM

Nov 2018
I enjoyed learning more about Mugino and where he came from.

Eoussama said:
I have a baaaad feeling about Mugino, I feel like he will not make it.

Agree this episode has a Death Flag written all over it.

Dec 28, 2020 12:45 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty sad that after reading the manga I know what it's going to happen to Mugino, in the manga they didn't even mention him, so I'm happy that at least they developed him a little here in the anime. Love how the anime's fillers are making the little details something important for the manga story.

Manga feels rushed af, Anime has a lot of fillers, but in my opinion are a great build up for the manga.
And actually, Himawari building that vase for Hinata's birthday is canon xd, the flowers aren't canon but at least it's used to develop another character.
AlvaritoterreosDec 28, 2020 12:51 AM
Dec 28, 2020 5:22 AM
Apr 2008
I'm sure he's gonna die
Dec 28, 2020 6:19 AM
Nov 2014
Yo, this entire episode was basically a big ol' death flag, wasn't it? :( The extra exposition of a secondary character, a fortuneteller prophesying that Mugino would basically have to save Konohamaru (okay sorry, I read into these things okay!), the nostalgic af flashback to the Third Hokage, Another dead dude. That's it, I'm convinced they're trying to kill off Mugino now. My guess is 'the vessel' is where they're headed and Konohamaru's probably going to be endangered enough that Mugino will have to sacrifice himself. I'm going to be proper disappointed if it actually ends up going down like this because this episode would have been way too blatant and heavy-handed with the hints. On the bright side, at least I can hope that this means Konohamaru won't be dying anytime soon? Anyway, emotional episode nonetheless; I hope to God this was just a silly theory from an over-enthusiastic me. Happy New Year in advance guys!
Dec 29, 2020 7:57 AM
Oct 2019
Wow now we learn more about Mugino...

I'm just happy seeing Sandaime again....

Wow basically because of Sandaime, now he really believe in that children and give all his salary to help... That was nice character development...

Damn that Fortune teller thing, i don't like that

Pretty much building up for Mugino, next episode gonna be Manga Canon, here we go Vessel...
Dec 30, 2020 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
it was good to know about mugino's past
Dec 31, 2020 4:27 AM
Dec 2020
Mugino's backstory is cool and I can't wait for the next episode of boruto.
Jan 1, 2021 5:09 AM

Oct 2008
Now that's an obvious death flag for Mugino...oh damn!

Jan 1, 2021 4:59 PM

May 2018
Anyone else see the death flag flying for Mugino?

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jan 3, 2021 5:17 PM

Jul 2013
Nice episode. I laughed at how Boruto had to pay Mugino's debts.
Jan 5, 2021 4:57 AM

Aug 2017
Why does it feel like something bad is gonna happen to Mugino??

This episode felt like it was a goodbye episode for Mugino or something... Damn I really hope that he doesn't die...

Jan 8, 2021 10:49 PM
Jan 2021
I wish this show gets even better in future
Jan 26, 2021 12:18 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, Mugino is a pretty dope character. I really expected this ep to be a bore, but it made me appreciate him.

I'm honestly disappointed that we're not getting a proper mothers day episode tho lol. That would have been really sweet.

Mar 5, 2021 2:11 AM

May 2017
very wholesome episode. Enjoyed it a lot. Fleshing out Mugino was important.
Nov 27, 2021 1:07 PM
May 2021
ok we got to see a bit of Mugino's childhood and Hiruzen the third

it reminded me again that Hiruzen is such a friendly person

hyped for the next ep

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.