Forum Settings
Forums

Okay, so... What the hell do you guys want, anyway?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 22, 2020 8:12 PM

Sep 2019
Eh i don't think it'll ever happen. No matter how much you put effort into a show, there's always that one percentage that says it's anything but good. But that's okay. You can't please everybody.
Feb 22, 2020 8:24 PM
Aug 2018
You'd basically need something that's a masterpiece on every conceivable level to please everyone. Extensive worldbuilding, diverse and top notch character, great sound and rt design, great plot, great concept, clever writing etc. Maybe if you have a team of 500 of the best writers and 8000 hours of content you could somehow pull it off.
Feb 22, 2020 8:27 PM
May 2018
Fario-P said:
I'm confused now, please clarify
Basically, people who bait, or trolls as they were called before term bait became more popular, intentionally write something, usually negative, in order to provoke other people on the Internet, so that they can have fun at someone getting angry - their whole purpose is provocation for the sake of their own satisfaction.
What they write is usually not how they actually feel, and they will even bash what they personally like, because that may also provoke people who may like the same thing.

This is baiting / trolling in its purest form.

I'm different, because I pretty much always write how I really feel, and in rare cases that I don't, I make it really obvious that I am sarcastic, or just joking.

Reason why my threads attract people isn't because I'm trying to make them attractive, rather, it is a natural thing for me - in short, my very style of writing is interesting to read, and most people can't resist but post in every thread that I start.
Feb 22, 2020 9:10 PM
Jul 2019
But wait a minute
Is this not illegal?
Feb 22, 2020 9:22 PM

Aug 2017
just make a mecha anime with over the top action and scenes, best than gurren lagann, and we see what happens
Feb 22, 2020 9:46 PM

Mar 2018
Psajdak said:
I mean, in the end, when all is said and done, what kind of anime should be made so that everyone is happy?

900 episodes of ishuzoku reviewers so that every fetish imaginable is covered. That way no one can complain.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Love conquers all *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Feb 22, 2020 10:56 PM

Jul 2019
No anime will make everyone happy. It's better this way. Also, the criticism is not a bad thing in general. It helps creators to realize what the general public wants.
Feb 23, 2020 4:58 AM

Oct 2008
Who cares about everyone. I care about me, you care about you. Why does it matter what anime would satisfy everyone. Everyone can go suck on a lemon.
Feb 23, 2020 9:02 AM

Oct 2012
Are you on a quest to think of the most assanign question you could possibly ask this forum? What could possibly be an answer lol? Obviously nothing will satisfy everyone. Idk why I'm even posting this
Feb 23, 2020 9:06 AM

Oct 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann already happened. It pleased everyone, though some people have unconscious urges to oppose anything popular or, if the mind is even more broken, to oppose something that they would like otherwise. Seeking negativity where there is none, so to say.

Perfect example. I genuinely dont like gurren lagan. My irl friends with similar taste didnt like it either. I recognize that the animation is super impressive but it just wasnt really my thing. I'm not here to criticize it but great example of how literally nothing is gonna please everyone.
Feb 23, 2020 9:37 AM
Apr 2016
simonephone said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann already happened. It pleased everyone, though some people have unconscious urges to oppose anything popular or, if the mind is even more broken, to oppose something that they would like otherwise. Seeking negativity where there is none, so to say.

Perfect example. I genuinely dont like gurren lagan. My irl friends with similar taste didnt like it either. I recognize that the animation is super impressive but it just wasnt really my thing. I'm not here to criticize it but great example of how literally nothing is gonna please everyone.

Like I have said, you might not want to share (or not able to) with the others, but deep in yourself you feel this aversion merely because there is a trigger which makes you to. Not because the series is awful or lacking. And it hardly has to do with the animation.
Re:formed
Feb 23, 2020 10:40 AM

Oct 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
simonephone said:

Like I have said, you might not want to share (or not able to) with the others, but deep in yourself you feel this aversion merely because there is a trigger which makes you to. Not because the series is awful or lacking. And it hardly has to do with the animation.

I dont like gurren lagan because i feel an aversion because of a trigger? Lol that's a new one. Or I just didnt like the pacing and characters, and found it boring. I felt 0 investment in that show. It's not an awful series but I have specific tastes and gurren lagan was not interesting to me.
Feb 23, 2020 11:17 AM

Sep 2014
NamikazeHime said:
No anime will make everyone happy. It's better this way. Also, the criticism is not a bad thing in general. It helps creators to realize what the general public wants.

i dont trust what the general public likes..especially in america.

creators should do what they want and not worry about appeasing the masses.
Feb 23, 2020 11:19 AM

Jul 2016
Everything has it own niche.It’s better when things don’t exist to appeal to everybody,that’s why anime is practically a niche compared to most mainstream stuff.
Feb 23, 2020 1:15 PM

Dec 2011
How do I unironically say that Princess Tutu is the anime equivalent to the emotional high of Shrek 2’s Holding Out for a Hero and I’ve been looking for a similar dramatic insanity ever since.

Accepted by everyone would mean boring. I’d rather something push boundaries or do what it does really well because that’s just how art is.
Feb 23, 2020 1:33 PM

Oct 2019
Everyone's style is different.
My sister loves vampire romance anime. I despise it with a passion.
I love precure and magical girl series. She thinks its the scum of the earth.
Different strokes for different folks as they say.
Feb 23, 2020 3:31 PM
May 2019
The kind that I enjoy Dark Psychological Thriller. As long as I'm happy the happiness of the rest doesn't matter.
Feb 24, 2020 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
wat the fuk people. i tell u. listen to me. different are people so not anime for all. if u watch anime wit sum tea i tell u, u will like the anime. like bobs or vodka every good
Feb 24, 2020 9:35 AM

Feb 2010
your asking for the impossible. there will always be a group of people who hate something about certain anime.

it's a subjective medium after all.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 24, 2020 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Unless they can make an anime that encompasses all styles and genres

Feb 24, 2020 2:33 PM

Jan 2019
An original story action series directed by Shinichiro Watanabe animated by studio Ufotable
Feb 24, 2020 2:36 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I want to fap. I want to smoke. I want to have more money than I do, probably because I spend it all on cigarettes. I want to have a dream job instead of my stable-but-exhausting one. I want death's sweet embrace. I want some pizza.

Just take all of those feelings and round it up into an anime. That'd be fun.

Feb 24, 2020 2:53 PM

Jun 2016
Psajdak said:
I mean, in the end, when all is said and done, what kind of anime should be made so that everyone is happy?

You are quite wrong by asserting that an anime's job should be that of making you happy.
In fact, no product on Earth should be sold to you to make you happy - instead, just like any other art, happiness isn't but a byproduct of your own person when interacting with it.
The real question should be - considering anime as an art form - what do we want from it? Do we want it to go back to a more classical approach? Or do we want it to evolve? Should it be more abstract or more concrete?

ค๓ เ ʝยรƚ
ƚ๏๏ ƈยƚє
Ŧ๏г ץ๏ย?

Feb 25, 2020 8:14 AM
Jan 2020
A well thought out story with an interesting worldbuilding and good character developments with a romantic sub-plot that isn't "Teasing a ship ti'll the end of the anime in which they confess at the last episode" and instead they get together by the middle and starts kicking ass as a couple without neither of them becoming a "Damsel in Distress" for plot convenience.

Less of: Harems,Ecchi, Isekais AND BY THE LOVE OF GOD, DELETE TSUNDERES
Feb 25, 2020 8:29 AM

Sep 2018
IF THERES NO PERFECT ANIME THEN WHY

fullmetal alchemist.
Feb 25, 2020 8:34 AM
Sep 2018
Simply said:

We seriously need more hentai.

"I masturbate to anime girls! Do you wanna be my friend?" - Lost Pause aka Noble. 2017
Feb 26, 2020 12:53 AM

Oct 2017
Something that can stand on its own as art:

And a good example of that hasn't come out in years, probably since Eva, or (with qualifications) Lain, or something similar.
Feb 26, 2020 1:13 AM

Mar 2016
I want more animes that subvert my expectations like a Calmer tone Dementia anime. Something that doesn't try way to hard to pull this off more natural. Something with older protaginists would be nice tired of seeing a highschooler be some OP god by the end.

Really want to watch some good pacing. Recency Bias states it be Dorohedoro or Eizouken.
The Pickled Cactus Himself.
Feb 26, 2020 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
That day that everyone agrees on which anime is good is the day that world peace will happen.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you have a prejudice against people who watch ecchi/hentai? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - May 9

67 by LuhanIsBae2 »»
44 seconds ago

» Are anime getting worse and worse ?

Shomix - 5 minutes ago

0 by Shomix »»
5 minutes ago

» Score Inflation

Lucifrost - 7 hours ago

14 by Lucifrost »»
5 minutes ago

» Does our opinions of characters reflect how we treat other people?

Zamus_Edits - Yesterday

15 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
6 minutes ago

» If there a Cute Guys doing cute thing would you watch it?

RedTea33 - May 9

36 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.