Forum Settings
Forums

Trump's new rule will give businesses and workers better health care options

New
Jun 14, 2019 1:43 PM
Jan 2013
Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/13/perspectives/hra-health-care-business-trump/index.html

A new Trump administration rule will provide an estimated 800,000 businesses a better way to offer coverage and millions of workers a better way to obtain coverage, through the expansion of Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs).

The Obama administration forbade workers in the individual insurance market to use HRAs to pay for coverage — significantly impeding employer flexibility and worker choice. Trump's new rule undoes this restriction.

Starting on January 1, 2020, employers will be able to offer their workers HRAs to buy individual market coverage for themselves and their families. The administration's new rule provides the same tax advantage that traditional employer-sponsored group plans receive — exclusion of premiums from federal income or payroll taxes — to coverage that workers in the individual market purchase from an HRA.

The rule will significantly expand worker options since 80% of firms that provide insurance currently offer only one type of plan. Now, workers will be able to use tax-advantaged money from their employers to buy coverage of their choosing. This new flexibility will allow people to maintain their coverage when they switch jobs.

The Council of Economic Advisers estimates that Americans will receive nearly $50 billion of net economic benefit per year from the elimination of the individual mandate penalty, combined with the expansion of AHPs and short-term plans. Moreover, the HRA rule, combined with the rules for AHPs and short-term plans, is projected to result in nearly two million more people insured on net.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 14, 2019 9:05 PM

Jan 2009
still no universal healthcare but good step to the right direction from Trump
Jun 14, 2019 9:19 PM

Nov 2008
Trump's got to start somewhere and it's better than the old Trumpcare that never passed, my goodness was that terrible.

Jun 14, 2019 11:52 PM

Mar 2011
A slick move to disrupt the current ACA. I guess you can say it is expanded and cheaper so more attractive to workers--but it was not on that market because the reduction to essential benefits that ACA wants insurers to guarantee coverage for. You can call what it was limiting choices; but it made sure those choices covered basic care. It will help some, but by reducing benefits to more.
What is odd about this is: This is something that been discussed since 2013 and improved on by the previous administration up to 2017, so not entirely new news. But the source is an opinion piece favoring the current president, so no surprise. We'll just see in 6 years
Nice try, but not imo.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Jun 15, 2019 1:21 AM

Feb 2010
Opinion piece really?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 15, 2019 2:24 AM

Jul 2012
The issue is HRA's have some notably not great features that they conveniently left out of the opinion piece.
For example businesses can decide what to set the monthly allowance at, the employer can also decide what types of care are eligible, the employer gets to decide what to do with unused HRA allowance which can include reallocating back to themselves.
There's also generally no law for HRAs requiring employers pay insurance premiums after an employee departs or is fired so the idea that they can carry on their coverage is at best naively optimistic (but I'd guess he was just being purposefully misleading).

So it pretty much comes down to the individual employer which can mean for a lot of employees they're about to get some lackluster health coverage. Even AHPs which he brought up were controversial because the administration removed the ACA restrictions on what the employers had to cover in their health plans. Really more people covered while accurate is kind of meaningless when the subtext is that an uncertain number plans are going to be demonstratively worse.
GamerDLMJun 15, 2019 2:37 AM
Jun 15, 2019 12:49 PM

Feb 2010
@Hoppy

It still removes protection from people with pe-existing conditions like sickle cell, type 1 diabetes (I.e the one your born with not the one gained from bad eating habits) so its still just as bad.

The opinion peice glosses over a lot of the details.

This is why advocate for not using opinion peices for CE opening posts @Lelouch_Darsi ehem
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 16, 2019 8:20 PM

Dec 2015
Give me Universal Healthcare or give me Death.
Jun 18, 2019 4:53 AM

Jun 2008
NO, he will NOT!

The ONLY option is Universal Health Care!

You know, like EVERY FUCKING 1st world county has...

Trump and his pathetic party have ZERO realistic and good solutions...NONE!

Meanwhile, the Democrats DO...Medicare for all...no more bullshit, no more waiting until you’re 65!

Fuck Trump and the GOP for even pretending they care...they do not!

In fact they are sweating bullets, because right now Medicare for All is insanely popular in the country...people are tired of this health care crisis, the GOP are MASSIVE FAILURES!
Jun 18, 2019 5:00 AM

Dec 2016
You could have viable Universal Health Care, but they would call you a fascist for what would be needed. No more smoking or really any kind of recreational drug use. No more eating what you want. Mandatory exercise. Mandatory abortions of fetuses with severe or costly defects via prenatal screening. Nobody wants to pay for you. Just themselves and their family.
Jun 18, 2019 6:45 AM

Jun 2019
Universal Health Care just no. Your body, your choice, your money.
I shouldn't have to pay money for some degenerate obese landwhale, or crackhead whores treatment.
Jun 18, 2019 7:05 AM

Mar 2011
"Mah, No Universal Healthcare cause I don't under stand how things work!" users. And yet they pay for others in a more expensive, less effective way through other taxes (security, prescription prices, housing). They must like having to pay for them if the allotting looked different lol
Jun 18, 2019 9:32 PM

Feb 2019
Sure, but even then, having healthcare through your employer isn't great. You're relying on your work to provide those benefits, even though a money-hungry board of directors (if there is one) can cut those benefits just like they are at Walgreens. Universal healthcare is the only viable option.
"try our $1 coffee, on foenem"
Jun 18, 2019 11:48 PM

Mar 2008
siccoyote said:
Give me Universal Healthcare or give me Death.

I'm pretty sure plenty of politicians unironically support death as the option.
Jun 19, 2019 12:19 AM

Dec 2015
Soverign said:
You could have viable Universal Health Care, but they would call you a fascist for what would be needed. No more smoking or really any kind of recreational drug use. No more eating what you want. Mandatory exercise. Mandatory abortions of fetuses with severe or costly defects via prenatal screening. Nobody wants to pay for you. Just themselves and their family.

Except that doesn't happen in any of the places in the world which have universal healthcare.
Jun 19, 2019 5:47 AM

Dec 2016
siccoyote said:
Soverign said:

Except that doesn't happen in any of the places in the world which have universal healthcare.

Do those countries have billion dollar insurance, fast food, and pharmaceutical lobbies to fight? With a population of 329 million citizens, many whom are obese or diabetic. I do not give a flipping fuck about universal healthcare, but it will never happen no matter which party is in control. Do not delude yourselves.
All the savings earned in the short term are by yoking those who do not need insurance, like the young into the system to subsidize those who do.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/pdf/10.1377/hlthaff.2013.1224
Healthcare spending by age and gender.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/health-answers/why-men-dont-go-to-the-doctor/

Obamacare literally forced the population of Canada alone to carry healthcare coverage no matter if they needed it or not or face severe tax penalties.
Also, I have a HSA. I determine how much is placed there weekly, not my employer. If I quit or get fired it becomes a regular debit car. You know, as well as health insurance I never use.

SoverignJun 19, 2019 6:56 AM
Jun 19, 2019 8:24 AM

Jun 2019
Silverstorm said:
"Mah, No Universal Healthcare cause I don't under stand how things work!" users. And yet they pay for others in a more expensive, less effective way through other taxes (security, prescription prices, housing). They must like having to pay for them if the allotting looked different lol

More accurate statement would be that they are being robbed since you know TAXATION IS THEFT
Government is sending men with guns in order to redistribute wealth from productive members of society to unproductive members of society(parasites)

Jun 19, 2019 12:28 PM

Mar 2011
AncapAnimeGod said:
Silverstorm said:

More accurate statement would be that they are being robbed since you know TAXATION IS THEFT
Government is sending men with guns in order to redistribute wealth from productive members of society to unproductive members of society(parasites)
Right, and I suppose people that pay no taxes can't use roads, cause they're stealing too~~ Take the bs if you want..it stinks regardless..
Jun 19, 2019 12:51 PM

Jul 2012
Soverign said:
siccoyote said:

All the savings earned in the short term are by yoking those who do not need insurance, like the young into the system to subsidize those who do.

You realize you just described how health insurance works right? Insurance is funded by people who don't immediately need it or use cheaper procedures to cover the more expensive plans or emergency costs. Applying that on a larger scale is still using the same general system as small scale private insurance. The only difference being on government healthcare there's the added option of tax subsidies if the cost shifts too far in one direction (but if they did a better job of regulating costs of medical procedures tax subsidies would be less of an issue).
GamerDLMJun 19, 2019 12:54 PM
Jun 19, 2019 7:34 PM

Dec 2016
GamerDLM said:
Soverign said:

You realize you just described how health insurance works right? Insurance is funded by people who don't immediately need it or use cheaper procedures to cover the more expensive plans or emergency costs. Applying that on a larger scale is still using the same general system as small scale private insurance. The only difference being on government healthcare there's the added option of tax subsidies if the cost shifts too far in one direction (but if they did a better job of regulating costs of medical procedures tax subsidies would be less of an issue).

I am quite aware of that. However, in one hand you have the US spends too damn much money on defense blah, blah blah. Well, you are fine with paying taxes for defense? Why does universal healthcare bother you? Lol. Basically, people want the same entity that mismanaged every single war since Korea to now manage their healthcare... Now I love me some military industrial complex meself, but this argument only works if you hold US defense spending up as the paradigm of fiscal efficiency. I don't even want to get into the complaints against the VA. It is cognitive dissonance.
SoverignJun 19, 2019 7:39 PM
Jun 19, 2019 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
Soverign said:
GamerDLM said:

I am quite aware of that. However, in one hand you have the US spends too damn much money on defense blah, blah blah. Well, you are fine with paying taxes for defense? Why does universal healthcare bother you? Lol. Basically, people want the same entity that mismanaged every single war since Korea to now manage their healthcare... Now I love me some military industrial complex meself, but this argument only works if you hold US defense spending up as the paradigm of fiscal efficiency. I don't even want to get into the complaints against the VA. It is cognitive dissonance.

I just wanna start with, I have literally no idea who you're arguing with and parts of your post sound like you're just arguing with yourself.

Yes most people (except certain elected officials conveniently) tend to recognize there's an issue with overspending in the military and generally opt that the money would be much better used in other departments or for domestic affairs. But even with that in mind, it is generally more irresponsible to leave major issues like healthcare controlled by private insurers.
Jun 19, 2019 9:26 PM

Apr 2017
Soverign said:

Yes like the authoritarian facists up in Canada, or London, or all the Nordic countries, or Spain, or Italy, or literally every single developed country in the entire fucking world.
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Jun 20, 2019 5:43 AM

Dec 2016
@GamerDLM Oh yeah, I was addressing the general talking points.

yukai- said:
Soverign said:

Yes like the authoritarian facists up in Canada, or London, or all the Nordic countries, or Spain, or Italy, or literally every single developed country in the entire fucking world.

Oh, I forget this site is filled with autists. I was commenting on the social changes required in the US. Obamacare treats the acute symptoms of the disease not the cause. It also punished the workers of this country and provided bailouts for the insurance industry. What with the opioid crisis and unhealthy fast food and the slop offered in super markets an all.

As for your examples. Yeah.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/06/nhs-failure-health-service

arely a day passes without a new NHS tale of inadequate performance, excessive patient waits, services not delivered, trusts effectively bankrupt, or even preventable deaths attributed to unbearable pressure on services and staff.

The reports come from doctors, august professional bodies, trusts, patient watchdogs, patients themselves and expert commentators. But somehow this isn’t yet registering as general public uproar that the NHS is now failing. Why on earth not?

I think the explanation lies in the fact that NHS healthcare, unlike, say, the Grenfell Tower disaster, doesn’t give us a calamitous across-the-board failure. It is so varied and comprehensive that while many services may be on their knees or worse, particularly at times of maximum pressure, others will be delivering adequate or even great services at the same time. There is a mixed picture. And for those who don’t want to see or face up to the hard facts, the possibility of highlighting other ones, and carrying on as before, presents itself.

It is baffling how people still don't understand that repealing obamacare was a Trump promise that he lost a lot of support on when he failed to deliver. Obamacare made a lot of enemies. It did have some good points like curtailing medical induced bankruptcy.

But oh man, I wonder who was funding that Shillary Clinton campaign.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-1-billion-fundraising_n_58098273e4b0cdea3d86a47f
I bet they was just itching to foot the bill for Universal Healthcare and not stick it to the taxpayers.
I guess they are hoping that by the time the US is all super obese diabetic pill heads with no jobs, you know on account of being a diabetic pill junkie, they will have robots to make everything and buy everything to pay the taxes to give us healthcare.
SoverignJun 20, 2019 6:09 AM
Jun 20, 2019 8:00 AM

Apr 2017
Soverign said:

yukai- said:

Oh, I forget this site is filled with autists. I was commenting on the social changes required in the US. Obamacare treats the acute symptoms of the disease not the cause. It also punished the workers of this country and provided bailouts for the insurance industry. What with the opioid crisis and unhealthy fast food and the slop offered in super markets an all.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/06/nhs-failure-health-service

arely a day passes without a new NHS tale of inadequate performance, excessive patient waits, services not delivered, trusts effectively bankrupt, or even preventable deaths attributed to unbearable pressure on services and staff.

The reports come from doctors, august professional bodies, trusts, patient watchdogs, patients themselves and expert commentators. But somehow this isn’t yet registering as general public uproar that the NHS is now failing. Why on earth not?

I think the explanation lies in the fact that NHS healthcare, unlike, say, the Grenfell Tower disaster, doesn’t give us a calamitous across-the-board failure. It is so varied and comprehensive that while many services may be on their knees or worse, particularly at times of maximum pressure, others will be delivering adequate or even great services at the same time. There is a mixed picture. And for those who don’t want to see or face up to the hard facts, the possibility of highlighting other ones, and carrying on as before, presents itself.

It is baffling how people still don't understand that repealing obamacare was a Trump promise that he lost a lot of support on when he failed to deliver. Obamacare made a lot of enemies. It did have some good points like curtailing medical induced bankruptcy.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-1-billion-fundraising_n_58098273e4b0cdea3d86a47f
I bet they was just itching to foot the bill for Universal Healthcare and not stick it to the taxpayers.
I guess they are hoping that by the time the US is all super obese diabetic pill heads with no jobs, you know on account of being a diabetic pill junkie, they will have robots to make everything and buy everything to pay the taxes to give us healthcare.

This had got to be the worst post I have ever seen. Strawmans, ad hominems, nonsensical points, it's got the whole package!

Okay to start, Obamacare isn't universal healthcare. It's a public option. Universal healthcare Medicare for all, something that the majority of people on it are satisfied with.

As for the point about other countries, so what? Did you honestly think that I thought any of these systems were perfect? I am genuinely baffled that you were able to type this out without realizing the absurdity of it. Yes other systems have flaws but they're head and shoulders above the US's system (or lack thereof). People are literally bankrupting or even themselves because they cant afford simple procedures and you're over here talking about wait times. And the satisfaction rate for any of these countries is significantly higher than the us, even Canada's imperfect system.

And finally the classic "b-but what about Hillary????" argument.

I don't care about Hillary Clinton, this isn't a Hillary Clinton debate, Hillary Clinton is completely irrelevant to this. Nobody here mentioned Hillary. I never thought about Hillary while writing this post. Or any post for that matter. I don't fucking care about what Hillary Clinton did.

:)
sekai-Jun 20, 2019 8:05 AM
mal's raccoon

boop !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Jun 20, 2019 8:24 AM

Dec 2016
yukai- said:
Soverign said:

This had got to be the worst pist I have ever seen. Strawmans, ad hominems, nonsensical points, it's got the whole package!

Okay to start, Obamacare isn't universal healthcare. It's a public option. Universal healthcare Medicare for all, something that the majority of people on it are satisfied with.

As for the point about other countries, so what? Did you honestly think that I thought any of these systems were perfect? I am genuinely baffled that you were able to type this out without realizing the absurdity of it. Yes other systems have flaws but they're head and shoulders above the US's system (or lack thereof). People are literally bankrupting or even themselves because they cant afford simple procedures and you're over here talking about wait times. And the satisfaction rate for any of these countries is significantly higher than the us, even Canada's imperfect system.

I don't care about Hillary Clinton, this isn't a Hillary Clinton debate, Hillary Clinton is completely irrelevant to this. Nobody here mentioned Hillary. I never thought about Hillary while writing this post. Or any post for that matter. I don't fucking care about what Hillary Clinton did.

I am not the one bringing "b-but what about everyones Universal Healthcare!!!" into a HRA thread, so I can take a little leeway to amuse myself. I can for instance jump around from topic to topic illustrating that the majority of posters have never even held a job, paid taxes, or even know what a HRA is or how it functions. Users, whom also do not live in the US and have no stake in the US system.

Obamacare is considered partially implemented Universal Healthcare. Which I don't mind, since having a public option is good for competition. Like for instance the US postal service competing with private services such as FedEX.
It is listed in wikipedia as such.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_universal_health_care#United_States

That is the absurd part, but all the other countries have it! That is literally you.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2016-08-03/canadians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care
To be sure, Canada's publicly funded system provides individuals with preventative care and medical treatment from primary-care physicians along with access to hospitals and other important medical services. Universal health care is a source of collective pride in Canada, which boasts one of the highest life expectancies and lowest infant mortality rates in the world.

However, the Canadian health-care system is far from perfect, and its shortcomings are a hot-button topic north of the 49th parallel.

Contrary to popular belief among Americans, health care is not entirely free for Canadians. Dental, ambulance and many other services as well as prescription medications must be paid for out of pocket or they're covered through a combination of public programs and private health insurance. About two-thirds of Canadians have such insurance.

The Commonwealth Fund, a U.S. think tank, released a report two years ago ranking Canada 10th out of 11 wealthy nations in terms of health care. Only the United States fared worse. The report, based largely on satisfaction surveys by patients and health-care providers, placed Canada last in timeliness of care. The United Kingdom was ranked No. 1

Few Canadians would be surprised by that finding. A visitor spending an afternoon in a coffee shop anywhere between Vancouver and St. John's would likely come across at least one person complaining about waiting months for an MRI on his knee or an appointment with an ears, nose and throat specialist.

Universal health care is completely irrelevant to this topic.

Jun 20, 2019 8:33 AM

Apr 2017
Soverign said:
yukai- said:

This had got to be the worst pist I have ever seen. Strawmans, ad hominems, nonsensical points, it's got the whole package!

I am not the one bringing "b-but what about everyones Universal Healthcare!!!" into a HRA thread, so I can take a little leeway to amuse myself. I can for instance jump around from topic to topic illustrating that the majority of posters have never even held a job, paid taxes, or even know what a HRA is or how it functions. Users, whom also do not live in the US and have no stake in the US system.

Obamacare is considered partially implemented Universal Healthcare. Which I don't mind, since having a public option is good for competition. Like for instance the US postal service competing with private services such as FedEX.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_universal_health_care#United_States

That is the absurd part, but all the other countries have it! That is literally you.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/2016-08-03/canadians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care
To be sure, Canada's publicly funded system provides individuals with preventative care and medical treatment from primary-care physicians along with access to hospitals and other important medical services. Universal health care is a source of collective pride in Canada, which boasts one of the highest life expectancies and lowest infant mortality rates in the world.

However, the Canadian health-care system is far from perfect, and its shortcomings are a hot-button topic north of the 49th parallel.

Contrary to popular belief among Americans, health care is not entirely free for Canadians. Dental, ambulance and many other services as well as prescription medications must be paid for out of pocket or they're covered through a combination of public programs and private health insurance. About two-thirds of Canadians have such insurance.

The Commonwealth Fund, a U.S. think tank, released a report two years ago ranking Canada 10th out of 11 wealthy nations in terms of health care. Only the United States fared worse. The report, based largely on satisfaction surveys by patients and health-care providers, placed Canada last in timeliness of care. The United Kingdom was ranked No. 1

Few Canadians would be surprised by that finding. A visitor spending an afternoon in a coffee shop anywhere between Vancouver and St. John's would likely come across at least one person complaining about waiting months for an MRI on his knee or an appointment with an ears, nose and throat specialist.

I'm sorry who brought up universal healthcare first?
Soverign said:

Obamacare isn't a single payer system. So it's strengths and faults are separate from a single payer system.

And if you can afford to fly to the US and have an operation uninsured then universal healthcare isn't made for you. Plus even when you isolate the worst universal healthcare system it's still above the US lmao. Like did you even read the article?
mal's raccoon

boop !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Jun 20, 2019 8:49 AM

Dec 2016
yukai- said:
Soverign said:

I'm sorry who brought up universal healthcare first?
Soverign said:

Obamacare isn't a single payer system. So it's strengths and faults are separate from a single payer system.

And if you can afford to fly to the US and have an operation uninsured then universal healthcare isn't made for you. Plus even when you isolate the worst universal healthcare system it's still above the US lmao. Like did you even read the article?

Shit you got me. You totally didn't quote my absurd shitpost about near eugenics level Universal Healthcare.
yukai- said:
Soverign said:

Single payer
Main article: Single-payer healthcare
Single-payer health care is a system in which the government, rather than private insurers, pays for all health care costs.[35] Single-payer systems may contract for healthcare services from private organizations (as is the case in Canada) or own and employ healthcare resources and personnel (as was the case in England before the introduction of the Health and Social Care Act). "Single-payer" thus describes only the funding mechanism and refers to health care financed by a single public body from a single fund and does not specify the type of delivery or for whom doctors work. Although the fund holder is usually the state, some forms of single-payer use a mixed public-private system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_health_care

Yes. Yes. They can wait to have their medical treatment if they are not wealthy enough to fly to the US to obtain life saving medical treatment like everybody else. Tell me again why they should fund it?

If you unironically believe the US with Harvard Medical and a slew f experimental life saving treatments is the worst, there isn't anything anyone can do for you.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/techtank/2017/04/24/right-to-try-warrants-fda-oversight-for-experimental-treatments/

I mean, I should know niqqa since the Shriners paid for my amputated appendage reattachment surgery when I was a kiddo.

https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/shc

I didn't respond well to anesthesia and I didnt get a popsicle or see Mickey Mouse. Fuck you nurse. Fuck you.
SoverignJun 20, 2019 9:06 AM
Jun 20, 2019 8:59 AM

Nov 2016
Universal healthcare isn't free. You're getting heavily taxed for it, but it's there in case you need it.

The real problem is the USA's existing medical costs. They're more expensive than every place else. That needs to be addressed first. If the government goes that univesal route without fixing that, you'll soon be living in Venezuela.

A lot of you read a few articles on the internet and think you know what you're talking about. You don't, so just stop. I've been an MD for 25 years now. I know how the system works.
Jun 21, 2019 12:17 PM

Mar 2011
"So just stop. I've been a MD for 25 years now." LMAO

Right, and I am an Emeritus Professor at two highly prestigious Universities.
Social jobs/status or rank means shit-all online cause anonymity is part of its feature. You can be some 22 year old troll, with a job at a Pizzeria for all we know; so your statement is taken as the same grain as anyones' in the thread.
Jun 21, 2019 4:05 PM

Feb 2010
EvilUnicorn said:
SpamuraiSensei said:
Universal healthcare isn't free. You're getting heavily taxed for it, but it's there in case you need it.

The real problem is the USA's existing medical costs. They're more expensive than every place else. That needs to be addressed first. If the government goes that univesal route without fixing that, you'll soon be living in Venezuela.

A lot of you read a few articles on the internet and think you know what you're talking about. You don't, so just stop. I've been an MD for 25 years now. I know how the system works.

Or just maybe we are going to live like people in Canada, Uk, Scandinavian countries that have universal healthcare.

And as for funds thats easy just tax the rich aholes who don't pay taxes(because loop holes) like out president or reappropriate military budget since is too large anyway or I don't know print the fucken money since thats the solution to any problem usa face.

You have some solid point except for the print more money. Printing mote money doesnt actually work th at way as it devalues the money to have a influx of printed money.

I.e more money you print the less value will be placed on it.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.