Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Toriyama gives us a scientific explanation as to how characters go Super Sayian.

New
Nov 30, 2017 11:36 AM
Nov 30, 2017 8:58 PM

Jan 2009
yep saw that yesterday, more info here https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/7gjmlq/saiky%C5%8D_jump_tidbits_from_toriyamas_saiyan_qa/

and there will be more "This interview is incomplete. The magazine is officially in stores today (Japan time) so hopefully we'll get the rest soon."

i hope we get to see a movie about that first super saiyan dude Yamoshi(?)

and also offtopic but this is a great cover for Ultimate Battle song on that Goku vs Jiren fight

Dec 1, 2017 4:19 AM

Apr 2016
Saiyan S-cells only adds more lore to Saiyan's backstory.It doesnt matter if other saiyan(from universe 7) couldn't went super saiyan because they were all dead.So this cell thing can only be applied to universe 6's surviving saiyans,that is if they still can be ressurected.6 saiyans to perform super saiyan god,so if there is universe 6 arc in the future,dbs must add 3 more saiyan with S-cell to create more super saiyan god without "tingly feeling" or a few minutes demonstration for Caulifla,Kale or Cabba to reach that level.This way the fans won't complain anymore about sudden power up.
Hi,please be patient,thank you.
Dec 1, 2017 10:41 PM

Sep 2016
SquirrelStand said:
Saiyan S-cells only adds more lore to Saiyan's backstory.It doesnt matter if other saiyan(from universe 7) couldn't went super saiyan because they were all dead.So this cell thing can only be applied to universe 6's surviving saiyans,that is if they still can be ressurected.6 saiyans to perform super saiyan god,so if there is universe 6 arc in the future,dbs must add 3 more saiyan with S-cell to create more super saiyan god without "tingly feeling" or a few minutes demonstration for Caulifla,Kale or Cabba to reach that level.This way the fans won't complain anymore about sudden power up.

Too bad Calufia doesn't really fit the definition of righteous...Or kale or Vageta or Goku in most cases...Really the only saiyans that can be considered righteous are Gohan and Cabba.

Also if Yamoshi was supposedly soo powerful how did get the shit stomped out of him by a bunch of monkey's that can't even take freeza in a straight fight when the entirety OF their race banded together....?

Why didn't Yamoshi help Bardock when he was trying to save the Sayien race? Was he still pissed about the whole Sayien's killed him thing?

Also if he was such a legend why didn't king ki mention him when goku went super Sayien god? Why didn't Supreme Ki mention it?
88shotgunDec 1, 2017 10:45 PM
I've surpassed your limit!
Dec 1, 2017 11:00 PM

Sep 2013
Garbage of the highest caliber, he should be ashamed but I guess that's what alzheimer does to you.
Dec 3, 2017 5:07 AM

Oct 2016
ichii_1 said:
Garbage of the highest caliber, he should be ashamed but I guess that's what alzheimer does to you.

Who cares? It makes alot of sense and clears shit up
Dec 3, 2017 10:10 AM

Apr 2014
iorn said:
SquirrelStand said:

Too bad Calufia doesn't really fit the definition of righteous...Or kale or Vageta or Goku in most cases...Really the only saiyans that can be considered righteous are Gohan and Cabba.

Also if Yamoshi was supposedly soo powerful how did get the shit stomped out of him by a bunch of monkey's that can't even take freeza in a straight fight when the entirety OF their race banded together....?

Why didn't Yamoshi help Bardock when he was trying to save the Sayien race? Was he still pissed about the whole Sayien's killed him thing?

Also if he was such a legend why didn't king ki mention him when goku went super Sayien god? Why didn't Supreme Ki mention it?

1. Caulifla is pretty righteous, and she probably has a high S-Cell count from her parents, as her brother is a famous Saladian hero. Besides. It's having a GENTLE, KIND HEART. Not being righteous.

2. The implication is that Yamoshi's combat against the Great Apes is what blew up planet Salada, meaning that he perished alongside the planet.

3. He was mad at Sayians still using the Great Ape form.

4. You're assuming that the Kai's know everything.

Dec 3, 2017 10:13 AM

Sep 2014
wait he remembers what saiyans are?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 3, 2017 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
Comander-07 said:
What a pointless, stupid post.

Dec 3, 2017 12:29 PM

Sep 2014
Dragonage2ftw said:
Comander-07 said:
Im sorry, I just cant take "scientific explanations" regarding a basically 30 year old concept very seriously. Because you know he made it up just now.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 3, 2017 12:47 PM

Aug 2014
You see, the thing with Toriyama is that he just tends to make up some hacks to please his audience. Him explaining it this way is basically a real life equivalent of the J.K. Rowling cameo in the Simpsons, where Lisa asks her how Harry Potter will end and she responds by saying; "He'll grow up and marry you."

I mean no offense, I'm a lifelong DB fan myself, but everything about this just screams of something Toriyama made on the spot, when Star Wars midichlorians were subconciously lingering in the back of his mind, to excuse the plot convenience of having more Super Saiyans.
Dec 3, 2017 1:20 PM

Oct 2016
Comander-07 said:
Dragonage2ftw said:
Im sorry, I just cant take "scientific explanations" regarding a basically 30 year old concept very seriously. Because you know he made it up just now.

We dont know if he just made it up, theres a chance he did but we dont know so theres a chance that he though about it years ago because it makes alot of fucking sense lol.
Dec 3, 2017 4:51 PM

Sep 2016
Dragonage2ftw said:
iorn said:

1. Caulifla is pretty righteous, and she probably has a high S-Cell count from her parents, as her brother is a famous Saladian hero. Besides. It's having a GENTLE, KIND HEART. Not being righteous.

2. The implication is that Yamoshi's combat against the Great Apes is what blew up planet Salada, meaning that he perished alongside the planet.

1: Caulifla is an overly aggressive brat with a superiority complex that clearly views anyone weaker than her as a lesser...Gentle and kind aren't adjectives that I would use to describe Caulifla and I'm pretty sure ghosts can't hop from universe to universe.

2: Why didn't he just one shot all of them ._.? Do you have any idea how astronomical the power difference between a grate ape and a super sayien is? He could have just used a homing attack similar to the human extinction attack that Super buu used....Not like Super buu was this expert level martial artist he was just crazy strong and dangerously stupid.

3: Reinforces my previous point.^ Also being mad enough to start slaughtering people doesn't sound very righteous me.

4: Yah not like they're gods of creation or anything. Watching over the universe? Pffft that's just a myth.
Dec 6, 2017 7:13 AM

Apr 2014
iorn said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

1: Caulifla is an overly aggressive brat with a superiority complex that clearly views anyone weaker than her as a lesser...Gentle and kind aren't adjectives that I would use to describe Caulifla and I'm pretty sure ghosts can't hop from universe to universe.

2: Why didn't he just one shot all of them ._.? Do you have any idea how astronomical the power difference between a grate ape and a super sayien is? He could have just used a homing attack similar to the human extinction attack that Super buu used....Not like Super buu was this expert level martial artist he was just crazy strong and dangerously stupid.

3: Reinforces my previous point.^ Also being mad enough to start slaughtering people doesn't sound very righteous me.

4: Yah not like they're gods of creation or anything. Watching over the universe? Pffft that's just a myth.

1. Caulifla is shown to care about her friends, and she isn't that angry. She also doesn't have a superiority complex.

They take the form of Yamoshi when they go SSG, lad.

2. Because there's a shit ton of apes, and only one SSG.

It was literally him vs the world.

Also, you're assuming that everyone knows how to use homing Ki techniques.

3. What does this reinforce? He was attacking the Sayians to try and ensure that they didn't give in to their animal nature.

4. The arc that Super is on right now is literally about how the Kai's suck at their jobs.

Dec 6, 2017 5:01 PM

Sep 2016
Dragonage2ftw said:
iorn said:

1. Caulifla is shown to care about her friends, and she isn't that angry. She also doesn't have a superiority complex.

3. What does this reinforce? He was attacking the Sayians to try and ensure that they didn't give in to their animal nature.

4. The arc that Super is on right now is literally about how the Kai's suck at their jobs.

1. Bardock cared about his friends why didn't he get the transformation?

2: Um let me do a bit of power scaling for you. Vegeta was easily one of the most powerful members of his race when he fought goku. During the namik saga goku becomes far more powerful than a great ape is in his base form. Then he unlocks the ssj transformation which allowed him to fight against someone who was able to wipe out vegeta's race with absolutely no effort at all. Fast forward a couple arcs and ssj goku and friends get the shit beat out of them by the androids only for a foe far more powerful then the them to show up. Goku trains and now he's powerful enough to fight against said foe.

^ At the level of power the super sayien god transformation is at great apes might as well just be considered normal human beings or more accurately ants. There is absolutely nothing they would have been able to do to Yamoshi short of destroying the planet but Yamoshi could have easily knocked them all out by then.

3: Slaughters a race because they can't control themselves rather than leaving the planet and finding someone to help

4: I highly doubt that every single Ki didn't know about Yamoshi existing. Chances are most of them would have noticed someone that ludicrously powerful coming into the other world
Dec 15, 2017 7:48 PM

Apr 2014
iorn said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

2: Um let me do a bit of power scaling for you. Vegeta was easily one of the most powerful members of his race when he fought goku. During the namik saga goku becomes far more powerful than a great ape is in his base form. Then he unlocks the ssj transformation which allowed him to fight against someone who was able to wipe out vegeta's race with absolutely no effort at all. Fast forward a couple arcs and ssj goku and friends get the shit beat out of them by the androids only for a foe far more powerful then the them to show up. Goku trains and now he's powerful enough to fight against said foe.

^ At the level of power the super sayien god transformation is at great apes might as well just be considered normal human beings or more accurately ants. There is absolutely nothing they would have been able to do to Yamoshi short of destroying the planet but Yamoshi could have easily knocked them all out by then.

3: Slaughters a race because they can't control themselves rather than leaving the planet and finding someone to help

4: I highly doubt that every single Ki didn't know about Yamoshi existing. Chances are most of them would have noticed someone that ludicrously powerful coming into the other world

1. Bardock wasn't a kind person. He literally killed planets for a living.

Caulifla just runs a vague gang that seems to just be more of a nuisance than evil.

2-4

Wait until Movie 20 for these questions to be answered.

Dec 16, 2017 2:01 AM

Mar 2014
No matter how Toriyama explains the Saiyan's background and Super Saiyan transformation, the horrible Dragon Ball Fandom will always have way to complain and moan about the facts...
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 16, 2017 7:34 AM

Apr 2014
haters gonna hate
themanualreader@proton.me
Dec 16, 2017 11:37 AM

Sep 2016
Dragonage2ftw said:
iorn said:

Caulifla just runs a vague gang that seems to just be more of a nuisance than evil.

2-4

So did vegeta

I highly doubt Caulifla's gang was just a nuisance...
Dec 17, 2017 8:04 AM

Apr 2014
iorn said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

2-4

So did vegeta

I highly doubt Caulifla's gang was just a nuisance...

Vegeta was way stronger than Bardock.

Caulifla's gang are portrayed as being a stereotypical anime gang. They're nothing but nuisances.

Apr 16, 2018 1:31 AM
Apr 2018
iorn said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

i agree with you evaluation. i hope she reevaluates herself.......otherwise, it won't end well for her

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.