Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 3, 2018 4:33 AM

Dec 2012
Oh my god, I love what the Sunshine is doing to me. It's...it's blinding!
Jan 3, 2018 5:56 AM

Sep 2012
if all of them would say we refuse to go to a school that is farther away & parents support them then they have no choice but to leave the school be + there are more things they could try on top of that, but they don't have enough brain to think about this methods, but that should work cause if they don't go to school it makes the Gov officials look bad & JAP Gov officials have way 2much pride to let it slide that way :)
Jan 5, 2018 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
lol what kind of people apply for high school 3 or 4am in the morning? What is the director even thinking with that 5am deadline?
Apr 28, 2018 2:49 AM

Jul 2008
Episodes like this are probably my least favorite aspect of Love Live. The forced drama was so much....and it was a whole 24 minutes of it.

I found it ironic with muse too, but it is funny to me how for students so obsessed with saving their schools, we as the audience never even see their school life. We know the students are kind or whatever, but that is it...and that could apply to any school. (I mean maybe that is the point, that any school is special...idk).
Jan 31, 2019 3:58 PM

Jun 2015
The last montage scene felt inspiring
Nov 13, 2019 12:00 AM
Apr 2018
I bet Mari's dad wanted the school to not get the applicants. He must have been laughing his ass off at the thinking of Mari having hopes.

I didn't expect Chika to be so out of motivation to perform at LL!. I think Mari would've been understandable
Jun 8, 2020 4:35 AM

May 2016
It was very saddening to see that they came so close to achieving their goal only to fall short of 2 applicants. I wonder if Mari's dad would reconsider since it's literally just two people short. You can't win them all, I guess...

Winning Love Live is a historic feat for a school idol group and it's a given that they should give it a try and give it their all lest they regret the missed opportunity for years to come but I completely understand Chika's hopelessness over not being able to save their school. It wasn't what they created Aqours for but the school they represent is important as hell for them hence the namesake of school idols. I'm really glad that everyone in Uranohoshi gave them the push to go onto the final round.

Sep 15, 2020 8:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, they still couldn't bring a miracle because the plot pointed them out to lost. However, its not really a real lost for them -i know it!- Because they just began to merge with another school and its created them a place to shines more than before! What a great solution for them, right? Aquors still be an Aquors, and i think they could survived the last battle at Love Live and won it over. Thats how they would sunshine in their future place. X)

Ah, i can't say more. Its already implying very much, and it got pretty well written in these episode. I am satisfied. Its really happened. They were Aquors, not Muses. Obviously they had another fate to concerned with it. Finally they found their way to shines, shiner than their legendary favourite School Idol, Muses, as i thought from some previous episodes. Their reaction were so understandable. The end interaction was surely catchy and really deepen their development. Its finally opened up their eyes, and brought back Chika's motivation to be a winner. They were still a hope to shines, by making a history for their former school. Uranohoshi idol school, Aquors, keep shining! Its for the sake of a lost memories you must faced in the future, for the sake of a new future you needed to face in the next time!

Once again, they showed me, how tightly the relations between all of the girls, even with every girls in their schools. Everyone, stick together as a one entity, to cheer each others, to cheer their idols. That was the beauty of Uranohoshi. The beauty of Aquors that finally got realized by the team itself. Was that right, Chika? Its not the time for you to gave up, because everyone still had an obvious wish to you to accomplished: to winning a Love Live competition!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 4, 2020 8:13 AM
May 2019
AP24 said:
Looks like this really is the final TV season. Here's my guess for future schedule.

Summer 2018: Aqours 3rd Live
Late 2018/Early 2019: Love Live Sunshine movie
Summer/Fall 2019: Aqours Final Love Live
2020: Debut of new group (franchise 10th anniversary)

Holy crap.. you must be psychic!
Oct 22, 2020 5:42 AM

Jul 2014
Chika, get the fuck over yourself. You quite literally celebrated the news of the school closing down in season 1, yet now we're supposed to buy you being all cut up about its closure and wanting to do a Honoka (as if she wasn't already a clone of her anyway) and quit the group. How disrespectful is it to the rest of the group for her to disregard their desire to keep competing and throw a tantrum over the school's closure? Sure, it's resolved moments later (cos all the students just happened to be congregated below them on the roof and could apparently hear everything? alright then, whatever you say), but that quick resolution only makes it worse and makes me question what purpose it even served for that entire sequence to be included, besides as pure filler and time wasting.

Also, students were seriously applying in the middle of the night to join the school? That's legitimately complete nonsense.

Even on its fourth season, the Love Live franchise sucks at giving us anything even resembling good melodrama, so why does it keep bothering? Episodes such as this do little for character development and only stall any momentum and good will the show was building.
Mar 1, 2021 2:33 PM
Bhaal babe

Jul 2015
The drama was soooo forced. I've been like ??????????? most of the episode.

I would have preferred them to get 5 applicants instead of 98. The director waited for 2 years and couldn't wait 1 hour more??? And anyway, does it really matter if it was 98 or 100??? No sense.

I don't care about the school closing but I totally hated this unnecessary drama lmao

Apr 19, 2021 8:45 AM

Feb 2020
So, 98 isn't enough? Very unfair situation.

SerafosJun 30, 11:39 AM
Nov 24, 2021 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Well that was a spirit breaker, fer sure. *Le sigh* so close, and yet so far.

It's like, you really do your best and give it your all, and yet you can't win 'em all. Seeing Chika cry again though, maximum bummer! :-/

Thankfully, the episode isn't a total downer. Aquors has the support of their entire school!
Jun 27, 2022 2:33 AM

Sep 2021
Apart from the episodes that didn't feature the drama of the school merger, the season has just been underwhelming thus far, in my opinion. Chika has just been an irritating character throughout. The plot is just too predictable and while predictable plots can still make a good story, it just does not apply here.

So far its been the same formula of: Chika and co. feels down because school merger -> "No! We can try our best to do something!" -> "We did it! School might be saved!" -> "Oh no, school not saved" -> Sad -> Everyone goes to the same place at the same time -> Gets cheered up -> loop begins from [feeling sad] again.

None of the drama and its resolution has felt meaningful/impactful thus far. Maybe if the group members had managed to realize/come up with the idea that "winning Love Live and having their school name immortalized this way" by themselves instead of realizing this idea only because the rest of the school told them about it, the resolution to this part of the drama would have felt more satisfying...
yhagniJun 27, 2022 9:11 AM
May 9, 2023 7:00 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m kinda surprised they had the balls to have them fail to save their school, it did feel like an impossible thing but even up to the last minute I was like “it’s love live, it’ll work out magically” and it didn’t this time lol, i like this tho, this is the brutal reality and they have to face it now, it does hurt seeing the happy idol girls all sad tho lol. Now I just hope it’ll stay this way for the school and they don’t magically save it by the end after all.

And then the students at the school showed them the obvious thing to do now is to perform in the final round of Love Live for the sake of the school, I was once again surprised here the girls didn’t think of that themselves lol, but now they have a new goal and Chika looks happy again, and if she’s happy, I’m happy.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.