Forum Settings
Forums

manga getting axed because the anime failed to amuse japanese audience (who have shit taste)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 22, 2017 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
kiss him not me > keijo > yuri on ice > ping pong girls > drifters > everything else lol... izetta jokers game umm what else i can't remember what else came out in the fall didn't watch that autistic volleyball anime
Apr 22, 2017 12:35 AM

Jan 2013
SillySlySy said:
Chandela said:
What is it to you that I hold a different standard as to what is an applicable approach to the storytelling medium. Passion project or not, that doesn't mean I have to adhere to it. To each their own, if that isn't obvious by now then I'm at a loss.
What possesses a person to go into a thread about a show that doesn't appeal to them, to celebrate a bad business situation screwing the author of that story, and then act like they're on the defensive?
A different standard, that you clearly cannot comprehend. Sorry I triggered you buddy, my intention was never to shit on your beloved author or his work, if that's your interpretation.
Apr 22, 2017 1:25 AM

Sep 2016
how come nobody knows chicken tendies meme yo ufucking normie
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 22, 2017 3:07 AM

Jun 2014
To be fair, It was a silly idea to begin with.

Usually in sports manga, the underdog goes on to challenge stronger opponents till there are none left. It was bound to end someday. 15 Tankoubons are incredible by itself.
Apr 22, 2017 3:40 AM

Jul 2013
Keijo is ridiculous in a good and entertaining way. Though I don't like it enough for me to be affected because it got axed. Tough luck things just doesn't go your way. HOTD and Black Lagoon has not been updated for more than a couple of years :(
Apr 22, 2017 3:42 AM

Oct 2016
I want to shit post but I just don't give a fuck. Yeah, this only really appeals to the west.

@Fate-Symphony Remember, Emilia is best.

Apr 22, 2017 3:48 AM

Jun 2014
SeasonADay said:
I want to shit post but I just don't give a fuck. Yeah this only really appeals to the west.

@Fate-Symphony Remember, Emilia is best.

Someone who understands! A lot of undeserved rage for a girl that just wants to help people. But I'll stop this here because this is not the place for this.

But seriously, going around in Emilia's avatar is just asking to get educated about "Best Girl".
Apr 22, 2017 3:54 AM

Jan 2016
PrimeX said:
Keijo is ridiculous in a good and entertaining way. Though I don't like it enough for me to be affected because it got axed. Tough luck things just doesn't go your way. HOTD and Black Lagoon has not been updated for more than a couple of years :(

HOTD's author is dead, people complain about Togashi but the real villain is Hiroe. Black Lagoon on hiatus while he did the character design for Bikini Warriors and worked on Re: Creators, seriously man.
Apr 22, 2017 4:01 AM

Dec 2016
tell me why people don't like it. idgi[/quote]

Maybe they want some male MCs and make it harem?. its my opinion though
Apr 22, 2017 4:09 AM

Jul 2013
Johnnyd3rp said:
PrimeX said:

HOTD's author is dead, people complain about Togashi but the real villain is Hiroe. Black Lagoon on hiatus while he did the character design for Bikini Warriors and worked on Re: Creators, seriously man.
I know about those, doesn't change the fact that the mangas are not being updated. That's why I just wait for mangas to be finished before I read them.
Apr 22, 2017 4:14 AM

May 2014
Dem chicken nuggets though, I know a guy who'd be furious at the sight of that.
Apr 22, 2017 4:15 AM
Aug 2015
Lol @ the people taking the nugget meme seriously.

On to the main point, I didn't think people liked Keijo like that. I thought it was a joke series that wasn't going to do that well so the anime not getting continued isn't a surprise as all. It does suck that the mangaka is also going to take the fall for it though. It's always a shame when a person's dream gets shot down. Especially in a scenario where (apparently) the manga was doing well but it was the anime that flopped.
Apr 22, 2017 4:18 AM

Dec 2012
I'm more concerned about the chicken nuggets. What a waste.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 22, 2017 4:18 AM

Oct 2007
Vlad4o said:
It's obvious that Japan enjoyed watching gay men dancing on solid water more than cute girls fighting with their boobs and butts so.....RIP Keijo I guess.

The women liked yuri on ice, the men didn't like keijo. One succeeded with its target demographic, the other didn't. Why is this so hard to grasp?
Apr 22, 2017 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
OMG I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING! One of the funniest and stupidest thread in MAL! Every word you typed on your post is FAKE!! Just because the anime was failure that doesn't mean the author stopped working on the manga. Maybe he is tired of working on Keijo because he is not getting paid properly (selling less than 10k copies) so he want to do a new manga. Like ofc no ones cares if he is covering his body with cabbage instead of blanket. I'm posting this because the anime has nothing to do with the last chapter.
Just now I noticed that the manga is not licensed in English. Go and beg for Viz to license it.

Q) So why did the author stopped Keijo!!!!?
A) Because he wanted to stop it.
removed-userApr 22, 2017 7:59 AM
Apr 22, 2017 5:00 AM

Aug 2014
I don't care for it much. Keijo!!!!!!!! was only funny for the first couple of episodes, and the anime fanservice wasn't top-tier for what I've seen. The manga fanservice might have been better tho, but I don't have the time to read that atm
Apr 22, 2017 7:46 AM
Jan 2017
It seem like the manga is ending, but not because of the anime and the thing seems to be faked.
https://twitter.com/CanipaShow/status/855713887928205314

So in another word not only did the op potentially just gave false news (which to be fair is hard to tell), say Japan has shit taste and use a shitty meme, but also made the topic about chicken nugget instead of the manga itself WTF OP XD. Well once the Keijo blu ray is released by funimation I at least have that.

Also, hell no I am not buying a blu-ray from Japan when it will not have any sub and is expensive as hell.
Apr 22, 2017 7:54 AM

Sep 2016
jgames111 said:
It seem like the manga is ending, but not because of the anime and the thing seems to be faked.

So in another word not only did the op potentially just gave false news (which to be fair is hard to tell), say Japan has shit taste and use a shitty meme, but also made the topic about chicken nugget instead of the manga itself WTF OP XD. Well once the Keijo blu ray is released by funimation I at least have that.

Also, hell no I am not buying a blu-ray from Japan when it will not have any sub and is expensive as hell.

it meant to be chicken tendies, but the text in copypasta was chciken nugget for some reason
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 22, 2017 8:00 AM
Jan 2017
GangsterCat said:
jgames111 said:

it meant to be chicken tendies, but the text in copypasta was chciken nugget for some reason

Stupid meme, is still stupid. The fact that I know is a meme now, is a waste of space. Thank you for that.
Apr 22, 2017 8:05 AM

Jan 2013
Shit series gets axed.

Good riddance.
Apr 22, 2017 9:05 AM

Apr 2011
Keijo was the savior of anime. I guess Japan wants anime to die.
Apr 22, 2017 9:34 AM

May 2016
First it's the death of HotD's mangaka and now it's the end of Keijo!!!!!!!!'s manga? What does 2017 have against them and those who enjoyed it ;~;

Apr 22, 2017 9:40 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
#1 ON THE TOP 10 SADDEST ANIME DEATHS, CONFIRMED
Apr 22, 2017 9:49 AM

Jul 2012
This thread is such a mess lol
So, in the end:
The chicken nuggets are a meme
The news are fake and the manga is just ending like any other manga

cool cool

Apr 22, 2017 9:51 AM

Feb 2016
Are you telling me Pleddit is spreading fake news? :OOO
Apr 22, 2017 9:55 AM
Jan 2017
Also, Kubo and the two string barely made it budget, which means it bomb since they need to make double of their budget to make a profit, while Trolls, Secret life of Pets and Sings were successful. So again, humanity in general just suck.
Apr 22, 2017 2:36 PM

Jun 2015
It's time for me to read the manga then.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Apr 22, 2017 2:43 PM

Feb 2014
Fact of the matter is Japanese audiences give creators the most money, if the publishers can't make a good profit off of giving a series pages in their magazine, then it's a waste to put it there regardless of it's quality.

It's not like this is the first time it's happened. The same reason why the Nichijou anime won't get a season 2.

Apr 22, 2017 2:51 PM

Jan 2013
unfortunately without a skinny ugly no personality mc getting all the girls male otaku audience will be reminded that those girls in the anime are out of their league
Apr 22, 2017 3:57 PM
May 2016
Aerza said:
That manga is so shit, no wonder something like this is happening, no..?
Nah the manga is far less dumb than the anime and is pretty legit.

There's immensely worse out there. Keijo is mid-to-good tier as a manga, and is a really good sports manga.

Fanservice is great. Just like salt in your food. And just like salt in your food, if you have none it lacks taste, if you have too much, it's disgusting.
Apr 22, 2017 4:03 PM

Mar 2013
Kuromii said:
Vlad4o said:
It's obvious that Japan enjoyed watching gay men dancing on solid water more than cute girls fighting with their boobs and butts so.....RIP Keijo I guess.

The women liked yuri on ice, the men didn't like keijo. One succeeded with its target demographic, the other didn't. Why is this so hard to grasp?

I agree.
Male friends of mine who loves ecchi anime didn't like Keijo so much.

Why people are talking about Yoi here in the first place?
Why is so hard do deal with Yoi's success?
C'mon guys a failure of a anime/manga has nothing to do with another anime's success.

YOI is the best anime ever? NO.
But it did a lot of sucsess? YES.
So it's responsible for Keijo's Failure? NO.

_junoApr 22, 2017 4:12 PM
Apr 22, 2017 4:14 PM

Jul 2014
I have two words for Keijo

It's sheeeeeeeeeeeet

Authors who want to make ecchi should go all out if the series is that stupid. At the stupidity level of Keijo, it's not ecchi enough.
Apr 22, 2017 6:23 PM

Feb 2014
from what it seems like from reading a few posts in this thread (as I haven't personally read the manga myself) the blame also partially falls on the author because it sounds like he's sort of "painted himself into a corner" for lack of a better term? So if it would have continued it might have not gone so well anyways considering

feel free to correct me on any of this if I'm wrong, my only knowledge comes from what little I've heard about it.

Apr 22, 2017 9:52 PM

Jul 2015
I just read this entire thread from start to finish, and I have to say it was very entertaining.

I will go and watch this Keijo to see if it is also entertaining.
kyougen_kigoApr 22, 2017 9:58 PM
Current favourite: [Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo]
Apr 22, 2017 10:22 PM

Mar 2012
But Japanese don't have shit taste, it's only the Japanese authors that do. In my experience, the Japanese fans have been much better than most western and other other non-Japanese fans I've met.
Apr 22, 2017 11:58 PM

Oct 2016
GangsterCat said:
My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand.

Wow.. if I that was my mom, you'll see yourself outside the house lol. Good thing your mom is kind!

Anyway, I was never a fan of Keijo though (I actually dropped it @ 1st episode..), but I still feel sorry for the mangaka.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Apr 23, 2017 12:10 AM
Jul 2018
I read the rest of the comments and its rather a mess Lol, its probably the most messy thread I've seen in a while btw.
Apr 23, 2017 12:10 AM
Feb 2014
>Reddit
You have to go back.
>Keijo axed
Nothing of value will be lost.
Apr 23, 2017 12:41 AM

Dec 2016
Dude why dont you respect your mum first.......i feel bad for the chicken nuggets instead of the manga getting axed-_-
I never liked keijo BTW.....
Ayakashi_UwUApr 23, 2017 12:48 AM
Apr 23, 2017 4:09 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah the japanese only like waifu bait garbage anime.
Apr 23, 2017 4:11 AM

Feb 2010
Intense_ said:

Is this irony or since when is Keijo not waifu bait stuff?
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 23, 2017 4:18 AM

Apr 2016
Pullman said:
Intense_ said:

Interpret the way you like but I'd cast my vote on the irony side.
Apr 23, 2017 4:21 AM

Feb 2010
Intense_ said:
Pullman said:

I see.
I just figured maybe you only read the thread title and not the first post and just assumed OP was talking about some grimdark because that's usually the context in which people complain about japan's taste. Lots of people only read the thread title before they reply after all :>.
Apr 23, 2017 4:24 AM

Sep 2016
Pullman said:
Intense_ said:

Keijo!!!!!!!!!! is hot blooded epic battle shonen manga
CrossAnge

Apr 23, 2017 4:32 AM

Apr 2016
Pullman said:
Intense_ said:

I see.
I just figured maybe you only read the thread title and not the first post and just assumed OP was talking about some grimdark because that's usually the context in which people complain about japan's taste. Lots of people only read the thread title before they reply after all :>.
DW since I know OP is a shitposter it was a pleasure to read the whole thing.I guess MAL forums can be entertaining time to time.
Apr 23, 2017 4:33 AM

Feb 2010
GangsterCat said:
Pullman said:

With waifu bait.

Also you should get used to using the past tense for Keijo :>.
Apr 23, 2017 4:46 AM

Jun 2016
I already knew that Japanese audience have shit taste when I saw the low sales for Noragami Aragoto.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Apr 23, 2017 5:23 AM

Jan 2017
I can only say a thing to you and all these frightening people, calm your tits. I didn't survive so many "end-of-the-world's" to die in the end of Keijo, 'kay?

Put this in your head: just because you like it, it doesn't means everybody else will like it or it'll sell well.

"But it became famous here in America and all that shit," so what? Japan and America are completely different countries with different people, with completely different tastes and honestly, i dislike Keijo completely just like the crazy and shit tastes japanese people.

"The anime was a shit and that's why the manga was cancelled, this is so unfair!," no way in hell! Keijo manga sales where always crappy and decadent so it ended up being cancelled.

Keijo sold so badly that it's hard to find information about the sales. Keijo's 14th volume was in 228th position on Shoseki weekly ranking (Don't even appears on Oricon Ranking) from 12/12 to 12/18 and don't appear in any monthly 500 ranking for its entire publication, i don't even remember about a manga with an anime going so badly in my whole life.

The anime production believed in it just like you did and tried to save it appealing to the good part of the series (The only part of it - Is it really that good, by the way?), the boobs and butts, but failed astoundingly and that's its role in this corrupted, mean and degenerated industry of anime and manga, it's just so pitiful that i might cry over my keyboard.

Keijo is a fail as a manga, as an anime and as a manga with an anime. New series on the same magazine sells in one week what Keijo can't with 10 volumes. 2017 is the year of new series with all magazines starting a lot of new serializations (Following Jump on this) and it was more profitable to just cancel Keijo and get a new and more profitable serie and keep with the other magazines. Now deal with it, how old are you?

You don't know this industry, don't say shit about it, don't say shit about consumers who support what you have for free and now and last but not least don't blame japanese people, you and nobody has the right to do this.

I read manga for a long time now and i'm completely accustomed with cancellation, hiatus and all of this.

Togashi-sensei is old and sick, the same goes to Miura-sensei so i really don't cry over HunterxHunter or Berserk, i wait patiently because this is everything i can do (Always hoping for the best to the creators that give me those amazing mangas)

Now if you want Keijo so badly, you can pay the equivalent to 7 thousand copies for volume to the author (Or just his wages, not too much i would say) until you become tired of it and also quit.

Grow up and be an adult.
UtsuuApr 23, 2017 5:53 AM
Apr 23, 2017 7:03 AM

Jan 2017
I think i should do this, as a lot of guys were asking what the hell is wrong with the series and all this. I don't read or watch the manga or anime entirely but i don't really needed to (I couldn't possibly do it, btw), cause Keijo showed me exactly of what it was made in few chapters/episodes.

Keijo is about a nonsensical sport that defies physics with girls doing erotic stuffs using superpowers with no reason when doing things as wedgies and such that makes they shine(And here is where comes the pseudo-physics).

http://i.imgur.com/sOqcJhn.png

The manga and anime differs just in the beginning, not showing the MC reason to be a professional Keijo Wrestler? Player? Whatever, she wants the money because gymnastics can't make her rich even if she conquer a medal on Olympics and want to be rich because she is too poor and has a family to support. There's also her boy best friend which is also completely erased for the sake of time to show more boobs and asses.

http://i1.mangareader.net/keijo/1/keijo-6259891.jpg

Considering this, the manga has a bigger character development and story's background when the anime is basically butty butty butty. Not that this all matters in the end.

https://i1.wp.com/tokidokigoodish.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/keijo-5.jpg?w=496&h=279&crop&ssl=1

Going steady to the point, Keijo quickly shows us what we'll see in this series. Fanservice about girls fighting over a platform in a pool using just their butts and boobies for some reason. The development is almost none, we just see girls clashing with their parts and wills; the story is non-existencial as there's no development; the dialogues are weak and nearly unnecessary; the comedy is ridiculous with the most comic part being the training or the fights by themselves, what makes this series be basically about laughing with a bone.

https://fansub.co/compare/Keijo!!!!!!!!/HorribleSubs%2005087.png

The art of both anime and manga aren't remarkable at all, so is the soundtrack. The big problem of Keijo is that its author basically created a ridiculous manga, Keijo obviously label itself purposely with being "Ridiculous" (Can you think any other thing but "WTF?" when hearing about the synopsis?) and people become interested, so did i; but this "unusualism" is just enough for one episode and the premise couldn't handle the series, that became just "ridiculous". So the series that was all about fanservice became ONLY about fanservice as a trying to be saved and keep with the anime's focus and here we are. No offense :).

Keijo hasn't any intelligent line and is a mixing of battle manga, sport manga and ecchi manga; the result wasn't good enough to make the consumers want to buy it or love it. But here is a good new, this year with a lot of new series going so well you can discover what makes a series be good enough to catch the reader and become incredible famous! (Or sell more than 10k, webmangas sell this much, for Tezuka's sake!)

Using a comparative often used for those who like Keijo (Don't worry, i won't name you guys), there's Yuri on ICE. An anime woman-focused which is also quite successful with the men (So is Osomatsu-san). Why? Cause Yuri on ICE isn't just about "Men skating with collant", the story, soundtrack, character development and background, comedy, art and all these point surpass a lot every single one in Keijo (It can also be quite ridiculously funny if you're a man that doesn't like BL, like me :D - But YOI can't win when the matter is boobs or wedgies, though).

I know how is like/love a series that is good as horse shit and vomit, but it doesn't make this series better, so it's just normal that it'll sell just like a good horse shit with vomit, right?

If you want to laugh about ridiculous stuff, see shining nipples and don't give a damn to all the rest, go ahead and eat this series as you would do a Nutella. If you just want to see boobs and butts jumping though, i think there are better options. (The shining thing? Go on Kill la Kill ;D)

Remarking that i'm no Keijo hater, i have nothing against the series and i absolutely don't hate it (And i also don't hate you, who love this series. I like everybody and if you're a girl, i love you too). I'm just strongly realist about a series that didn't captivate me with good reasons and now is becoming a madness because its end.
Apr 23, 2017 8:28 AM
Jan 2017
Pullman said:
GangsterCat said:

With waifu bait.

Also you should get used to using the past tense for Keijo :>.

What waifu bait,there really none at all suprisingly enough which is bad for merchandising.

Most of the girls have strong personality and are independent and when they talk about guys, they are the one who want to hunt for them and not wait for a guy to sweep them off their feet.

Most waifu girl are supposed to be more pure and wait for the right person, and be dependent on the mc male which does not exist. Hell is implied that Sayaka might have a thing for Nozomi, so again nothing really scream waifu.

I mean in the waifu scale from trash to Asuna, they are in the middle, normal ass hardworking woman, with abnormal ass.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Apr 25

32 by Kenzolo-folk »»
2 minutes ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

72 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
3 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

76 by Bandulf »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 1 hour ago

4 by Zettaiken »»
7 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.