Forums
New
Jan 30, 2017 1:29 PM
Jan 2016
i wish to know if this series has an overarching plot
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Mar 16, 2017 7:08 PM

Oct 2010
From what I've seen (the first ten episodes), while it very much is "monster of the week," the monster machines are all created by one organization, Gallactor. So in that sense there is an overarching plot, but only in the simplest terms. Sometimes it seems like the amount of destruction Gallactor gets away with should cause global societal breakdown several times over - it's not like there seems to be much going on in terms of long-term strategy.

If you want to watch what's basically a Saturday morning kids' cartoon, this is a good one.
Mar 17, 2017 12:43 PM
Jan 2016
thanks for the info I'll give it a go
Apr 14, 2017 11:39 AM
Jul 2012
I'm not sure when this question was asked but I have recently completed the first series so I can give an accurate answer. Gatchaman is mostly episodic usually solving events in a single episode or sometimes in 2 parters.

However, throughout the whole show pieces of key information of the characters are scattered such as episode 18 where Joe says a line of dialogue mentioning his parents being killed by Galactor. These small pieces of character background gradually build up to the major story events of the anime. So an episode that may seem pointless could serve as an important puzzle piece.It all comes down to who is the star of the episode as Ken, Joe & Jinpei get the most spotlight while Jun & Ryu get more attention in the 2nd series.

As for story material, it begins early in EP 5 with the appearance of Red Impulse who holds a secret. Around episode 50 is when that secret is revealed & the series starts to have continuity mentioning mecha & battle tactics of previous episodes. From that point, the story shifts intensely on Ken & Joe each having personal grudges against Galactor. Meanwhile Galactor learns from past mistakes, start seeking their true identities & finding very clever ways of disabling the ninja teams powers.

Most episodes are pretty campy while others can get really seriously fatal. The final episodes from 97-105 are definitely its most tragic while carrying the true superhero spirit.
Apr 14, 2017 8:19 PM
Jan 2016
ah grazzi that's a big help

More topics from this board

» Battle Of The Planets

animedude1287 - Feb 29

0 by animedude1287 »»
Feb 29, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kagaku Ninja-tai Gatchaman Episode 3 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Sep 20, 2015

2 by Otcho_Shogun28 »»
Feb 18, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Kagaku Ninja-tai Gatchaman Episode 1 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Sep 20, 2015

7 by Otcho_Shogun28 »»
Jan 30, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » Kagaku Ninja-tai Gatchaman Episode 105 Discussion

Coolzweg2 - Jan 8, 2023

0 by Coolzweg2 »»
Jan 8, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Kagaku Ninja-tai Gatchaman Episode 35 Discussion

Coolzweg2 - Jan 1, 2023

0 by Coolzweg2 »»
Jan 1, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.