Forum Settings
Forums

How does where you live effect you personally

New
Sep 26, 2016 4:32 AM

Aug 2013
So we know that where you grow up can effect the kind of person you become but I mean in general where you're living now how does it effect you, like mood, outlook ect. I find where you live and what you're surrounded by can effect not just your outlook but mood.

I live in a rural area, small town. Sheep, cows, fields and old people shops thats about it for miles. Its an old person town. Now I don't 'hate' old people par say but I find myself pissed off being around them all day. Not for them in of themselves but I hate been reminded of what I have to look forward to in old age, shuffling about and smelling like a doctors office. Being a young person constantly surrounded by the old drains my hopes and dreams, motivation and youth. I feel like an old person already passed their time myself. Living in my town feels like you've already lived life and you're hear just to wait to die.

So how does where you live effect you
Sep 26, 2016 4:39 AM

Jul 2015
I live next to a small town where -25 yo people are 50%+ unemployed, but at least I wasn't too afraid of farm work. Working for milk producers, wine makers or beekeepers wasn't exactly my childhood dream but I guess the same goes for most people.

If it was at least a stable income... but the other options were selling drugs or working in supermarkets lol.
Sep 26, 2016 4:52 AM

Oct 2014
Since I am living in the 2nd most populated cuntry, I got a very high tolerance for shit. I can endure so much shit that people think I am into scat.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep 26, 2016 5:18 AM

Sep 2014
I live in my country's capital.Despite the situation is better than the other cities and rural areas,it's still unbearable.Many crowded places,especially in trains and busses,people who don't know how to drive properly(they have made me despise driving) and its full of old people so you feel awkward,when you are almost the only young one.This routine made me more tolerant with all this shit and I stopped grumbling a little,because this won't help changing anything.It also helped me to hold my anger when it comes to trivial things like these since we have bigger problems to deal with.At least the area I live is very peaceful and quiet.
Sep 26, 2016 5:20 AM

Sep 2009
I live in a fake-bs city, where there's (just about) no nightlife, no pedestrians, no public transportation, but it does have the 9th largest population in the USA. It kinda pisses me off I guess? Maybe I'm being unfair comparing it to the big apple.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 26, 2016 5:26 AM
Jul 2016
Living in New York City makes my head hurt The traffic and so much people So much noise

Sep 26, 2016 5:46 AM

Aug 2016
I live in a generic white community where all the local kids have no clue the value of what they have and it drives me up the fucking wall sometimes.

Besides that, I try not to let anything or anyone bother me personally.
Sep 26, 2016 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
I live in a major city. After I graduate, I most likely will live and die here, which is fine since this place appeals to my needs (there's always something to do and people to meet) so I love being here. I just wish it wasn't so humid in the summer, but that's about it
Sep 26, 2016 6:21 AM

Jun 2014
I live in the Deep South, but I grew up in the suburbs.

It affected me because I am religious, as there are lots of churches down here, and I like sweet tea. I was also very conservative politically for awhile, but I'm a centrist now.

I don't really have a Southern accent though as my dad is from Ohio and he has a General American accent. I also heard the General American accent on television, so as a kid, I figured that's how people are supposed to sound like. Some may disagree as I have been told that I have a Southern accent, it's just thin and not very noticeable with the exception of "y'all."

I used to be a Confederate sympathizers because my dad is, and so was his dad even though they were from the Midwest. Fortunately, I got smart and I don't see how the CSA is defensible.

I'm a nerd, and the stereotypical portrayal are rednecks and maybe jocks. There are lots of football buffs here. My dad is a geek, and my mom encouraged intellectual curiosity, pursuit of knowledge, and creativity, and I grew up isolated from the "camoflage, deer shooting" life style.
Sep 26, 2016 6:40 AM

Dec 2014
It's annoying to be surrounded by stupid people, even though some of them aren't deeply inside.
Also it sucks that I can't find the things I wished it could have.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Sep 26, 2016 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
I live in a city (I think you can call that a city) in East Midlands (England) and I don't know if it affects me in anyway except for when they are fertilizing the ground goddammit, you can literally smell horse shit everywhere in the entire city, well most of it.
Sep 26, 2016 8:04 AM

May 2013
Being from Lisbon affects me on a personal level, as I can't seem to stop burying my face in codfish.
Sep 26, 2016 8:10 AM

Jan 2013
I've got a resistance on cold damage, and advantage on saving throws against slippery ice.
Sep 26, 2016 8:12 AM

Nov 2015
The city I live is, well, crowded.
Crowded with people, people if different kinds, different backgrounds, culture, ideologies etc.
This can be considered good or bad, depending on your preference but to me this has helped open up my mind to different kinds of people with different issues.

Along with all that, the city likes to keep itself busy. Most of the population is under 25 and most of them are highly ambitious. I think this has rubbed off on me to some extent and made me a much less of an apathetic retard.
Sep 26, 2016 8:26 AM

Apr 2015
I live in a shit hole where there's nothing to do so I turn to the Internet for entertainment. As I got into high school I found a lot more people were on drugs then I originally thought.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 26, 2016 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah, it does significantly affect you.

I have mood swings pretty often since I moved to Jakarta. I live in boarding house that is located in poverty rural area, where fist-size-rats lurking around in my yard. For fuck's sake, the worst thing is I already used with that.
Sep 26, 2016 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
The city I'm from is supposedly the birth place of chlamydia...
You can go ahead and guess how that affects me but let's just say I have to drink a lot of cranberry juice.

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 7 hours ago

13 by monsta666 »»
34 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

26 by JaniSIr »»
37 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

73 by 707supremacist »»
48 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
59 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

65 by Animeistaken »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.