Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2016 10:35 PM

Dec 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can not exactly write what I was watching: it looked like a kind of fantasy investigation of a smart kid but at no moment it felt like a mystery (everything being solved right in the few minutes after the opening scene) or a thriller (no suspenseful or exciting scene).
Probably a case of bad adaptation, or the OAV format wasn't good to showcase this manga: at the end it failed to get me interested (for the books).
The chara-design is both common and strange (the eyes), no other aspect stands out.

Enjoyment: 2/5 Watchable but sometimes hard to stand
Score: 3/10
Aug 14, 2018 8:04 AM

Apr 2016
I have never read the manga. but I think this OVA as a 50 min classic animation can be fun to watch. there is nothing special about this animation. everything is average or bad.
Mar 14, 2022 2:33 PM

Aug 2017
Pretty disappointing adaptation, even if I haven't read the manga - the author is pretty good from what I've experienced. Felt like an adventure more than a mystery - and a very basic one at that. I wish they adapted one of Takahashi's horror stories instead.
Jun 5, 2022 8:15 PM

Jun 2014
I have to be honest, I found this a bit on the boring side. The characters weren't very interesting or engaging.

Jan 6, 4:04 PM
Feb 2020
Lmao, the heroes were so bad at their job the literal comic relief villains had to rescue the hostages
Apr 8, 5:33 PM

Aug 2017
Reply to Nikoslovescoffee
Lmao, the heroes were so bad at their job the literal comic relief villains had to rescue the hostages
@Nikoslovescoffee
Couldn't agree more, the MC didn't even bother saving the other girls and just kept getting captured, honesty they survived by pure luck,
The story had potential but the execution was't good, I'll give it a 6.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.