Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 18, 2016 11:37 AM

Oct 2007
momokusheila said:
Does Nineteen, Twenty-One count for Adult characters the characters are 19 and 21.

I'd say it does, yeah.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 19, 2016 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant

Can someone please help me out with this one?

Preferably something with at least 50+ chapters
Jan 19, 2016 7:19 AM

Feb 2015
Hi, can you suggest a good one-shot? and

» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant

no shounen or shoujo demographic, and no ongoing. Thanks mateys. Just for the sake of my personal restrictions
Jan 19, 2016 1:22 PM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:

I bet people are too intimidate by your huge list to respond huhu.
I'll try anyway with two completely different manga suggestion :
I would recommend reading Bambino! or Ai-Ren (not over 50 chapter for that one, but I have in the idea you could be interested by it , it have some similarities with Chobits, if it can raise your curiosity)

Monstrum said:
Hi, can you suggest a good one-shot? and » Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant
for the manga rec , I would say Tsumi to Batsu: A Falsified Romance or Kokou no Hito . For shorter manga than those , Doctor Du Ming (it's a Manhua) or Heads

I try to give some profiled recommendation , but it's quite hard when you're not on the head of the other ^^ . If those rec are completely off and don't suit the both of you , I'll completely understand
Jan 19, 2016 1:38 PM

Sep 2012
I was wonder if a story like My Girl would count for non-romantic relationship challenge. There are some romantic parts of the story but the main story is about the father/daughter bond and the relationships that they become involved in through chance meetings. I am not sure because there's some romance but it's not listed as romance in the genre section.
momokusheilaJan 19, 2016 1:41 PM
Jan 19, 2016 1:51 PM

Nov 2011
Dullboy said:
Stark700 said:

I bet people are too intimidate by your huge list to respond huhu.
I'll try anyway with two completely different manga suggestion :
I would recommend reading Bambino! or Ai-Ren (not over 50 chapter for that one, but I have in the idea you could be interested by it , it have some similarities with Chobits, if it can raise your curiosity)

I'll probably give Ai-Ren a try.
Jan 19, 2016 3:01 PM

Jul 2014
Ephemerals said:
lequack said:

I see Akira is on your PTW. Read the manga instead a lot of stuff has been skipped in the movie. [...]

Thanks, I will read Akira then instead of watching the movie.

I can second that the Manga is much more complete story wise. But if you have the chance/time/possibility try to take a look at both. They are both fine pieces of work.
Also notice that the Manga exists in a colorized and a black/white version.
Jan 19, 2016 5:12 PM

Feb 2015
@Dullboy Wow, that looks a nice manga inspired by Dostoevsky's classic. Thanks.

nonetheless, I'm still up for one-shot recommendations. Thanks in advance
Jan 19, 2016 6:06 PM

Mar 2013
MikeMike said:
Ephemerals said:

I can second that the Manga is much more complete story wise. But if you have the chance/time/possibility try to take a look at both. They are both fine pieces of work.

The manga is definitely a more complete story because getting 1200 pages into a 2 hr movie is impossible, but that opening scene in the anime is some of the best animated seqences put on film. It was just a bunch of good choices.
Jan 19, 2016 7:14 PM

Oct 2007
momokusheila said:
I was wonder if a story like My Girl would count for non-romantic relationship challenge. There are some romantic parts of the story but the main story is about the father/daughter bond and the relationships that they become involved in through chance meetings. I am not sure because there's some romance but it's not listed as romance in the genre section.

Yes, it does count.

Monstrum said:
@Dullboy Wow, that looks a nice manga inspired by Dostoevsky's classic. Thanks.

nonetheless, I'm still up for one-shot recommendations. Thanks in advance

I'll try recommending Amon Game or Umwelt. Both Seinen. Amon Game is connected to the animated movie Cencoroll. I found the one-shot a little hard to follow, but I thought it was interesting. I liked Umwelt more, but I thought I'd give you options.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 19, 2016 7:27 PM

Jul 2015
So what happens now? :3
Jan 19, 2016 11:00 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Can anyone recommend a 4-koma that is completed and fully translated?

Most of the ones I know of are still ongoing..
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jan 19, 2016 11:04 PM

Mar 2013
Azumanga Daioh is completed
Jan 19, 2016 11:10 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
AudioTsunami said:
Azumanga Daioh is completed

Ah, I watched the anime already for that, but thank you. I'm good now.

I should've just used the search engine on Batoto instead of looking individually on mangaupdates for completed 4komas. So much easier.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jan 20, 2016 4:29 AM

May 2013
Neex said:

You sure you really read that word by word? You sure you're not just scanning through it?
Jan 20, 2016 5:52 AM

Oct 2007
Neex said:

Wow. Impressive! Well, I have to check over both forms and then you'll be added to the list of people who completed the challenge if everything is in order.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 20, 2016 10:35 AM

Mar 2015
MikeMike said:
Ephemerals said:

If that's the case I will make sure to try them both out. Thanks ^^
--my heart's a hieroglyph, it speaks in tongues
Jan 20, 2016 3:55 PM

Mar 2013
FlameWingman21 said:
Neex said:

You sure you really read that word by word? You sure you're not just scanning through it?

Yeah someone finished the anime challenge in a week too. Feels kinda lame but whatever man. If it's not legit than the only person who's cheated is herself. Now that the first person cleared it it's nice, because I can take my time with it and not be in an imaginary race to finish first.
Jan 20, 2016 4:57 PM

Apr 2013
AudioTsunami said:
FlameWingman21 said:

Yeah someone finished the anime challenge in a week too. Feels kinda lame but whatever man. If it's not legit than the only person who's cheated is herself. Now that the first person cleared it it's nice, because I can take my time with it and not be in an imaginary race to finish first.

There are some really long series on that list too.. :o
Jan 20, 2016 6:36 PM

Oct 2007
HeNrYTG50 said:
AudioTsunami said:

Well, let's remember that the time we write down as sign up date might not be the day we started. Manga counts as long as it was started after January 1st and I think this list might be doable in 10 days or so. I think it's legit and I agree with AudioTsunami that if someone cheated, then they're doing it to themselves because this is a self-challenge. Either way, I really believe Neex is legit.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 20, 2016 6:45 PM

Apr 2013
tsuyokunaru said:
HeNrYTG50 said:

Well, let's remember that the time we write down as sign up date might not be the day we started. Manga counts as long as it was started after January 1st and I think this list might be doable in 10 days or so. I think it's legit and I agree with AudioTsunami that if someone cheated, then they're doing it to themselves because this is a self-challenge. Either way, I really believe Neex is legit.

That's true, the only thing I found that isn't really too important but counts, is that Neex read a LN, Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria.. :P So you could see about that.
Jan 20, 2016 7:34 PM

Oct 2007
@HeNrYTG50 I had just seen your message on Skype and was about to notify them lol
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 21, 2016 12:52 AM

May 2013
Finishing all those in 2 weeks time is doable. I once read around 150 chapters (around 20 pages/chapter) in a night. Though to do that constantly is quite amazing. I think that normally anyone could only do that if they met a really interesting manga. Different case if one got fast reading speed.
Jan 21, 2016 1:48 AM

Jan 2012
Why should we care about how fast we complete this challenge? It's not like there's a prize for it.
Jan 21, 2016 2:03 AM

Mar 2013
CodingSession said:
Why should we care about how fast we complete this challenge? It's not like there's a prize for it.

exactly. Unless you are first(for the braging rights to yourself) there's no benefit to completing it quickly.
Jan 21, 2016 3:52 AM

Apr 2013
CodingSession said:

The prize is being able to do it again.. :D
Jan 21, 2016 9:45 AM
Jan 2016
I so want to participate ✨😊. But Sadly Organising My List Comes First 😢.
Jan 21, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2009
I plan to use several titles that are on my on-hold list. How exactly am I to show that I've re-read them from the beginning in 2016?
Jan 21, 2016 1:18 PM

Oct 2007
lubryka said:
I plan to use several titles that are on my on-hold list. How exactly am I to show that I've re-read them from the beginning in 2016?

You can mark them as re-read on your list actually (although I'm not sure if you can with ongoing titles since I've never tried to), though I don't mind going by honor system here. If you say you re-read them, I'll believe you.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 21, 2016 7:14 PM

Jan 2009
tsuyokunaru said:
lubryka said:

You can mark them as re-read on your list actually (although I'm not sure if you can with ongoing titles since I've never tried to), though I don't mind going by honor system here. If you say you re-read them, I'll believe you.

I was considering marking them as re-read, but I've decided against it; after all, I'll be re-reading only the chapters I've finished before 2016, and not the whole series. So, thanks for the trust and let's go by honor system (I think I'll still put the re-reading dates somewhere in my sign-up post).
Jan 22, 2016 2:32 AM

May 2012
would anyone be kind enough to recommend a manga for me? It's the only challenge that I don't have one for, also, preferably one that it's too long thanks~!
p.s: will literally read anything i just need something lol
Jan 22, 2016 3:47 AM

Apr 2013
yutaesol said:
would anyone be kind enough to recommend a manga for me? It's the only challenge that I don't have one for, also, preferably one that it's too long thanks~!
p.s: will literally read anything i just need something lol

It's too long or isn't too long? xD
Hoshi no Samidare
Jan 22, 2016 10:07 PM

Sep 2012
Vampires are non-human right?? I am just wondering because obviously I want to use it for the non-human main character challenge.
Jan 23, 2016 5:54 AM
Jul 2014
hey I'm still looking for two manga's

- Read a manga with a protagonist that shares your hair color
I have a difficult hair color, between brown and red (ginger). hopefully someone knows a good manga

and for:
-Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant
I would like to try out new things and genres. But still prefer a shorter and completed one because I already have alot of ongoing and long ones on my list.

And also if someone knows a good 4-koma or webmanga I would be realy greatfull (cant find the one I chose)
Jan 23, 2016 6:22 AM

Mar 2013
The twins from Ouran Host Club have auburn hair. So that could work. It's kinda reddish brown. The main character of Rouruni Kenshin has reddish brown hair as well.

My rec is Ran to Haiiro no Sekai All You Need Is Kill.
AudioTsunamiJan 23, 2016 6:27 AM
Jan 23, 2016 8:04 AM

Oct 2007
momokusheila said:
Vampires are non-human right?? I am just wondering because obviously I want to use it for the non-human main character challenge.

Yes, vampires count as non-human.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 23, 2016 5:08 PM

Nov 2014
If you read manga, but drop it after 20 or 40 chapters, does it count?

Jan 23, 2016 6:31 PM

Apr 2013
ExTamplier said:

You have to finish it or be up to the latest chapter if it is on-going, otherwise it doesn't count.. :)
Jan 23, 2016 6:54 PM
womp womp

Nov 2012
I want to start off with easy difficulty, is it possible to change to a harder difficulty if I finish before the year ends? Or do I have to stick with that difficulty?
Jan 23, 2016 7:54 PM

Oct 2007
henriiez said:
I want to start off with easy difficulty, is it possible to change to a harder difficulty if I finish before the year ends? Or do I have to stick with that difficulty?

You can change it as long as you don't declare it completed. You can even keep the difficulty as "unsure" or ??? if you want to be able to change it freely.

It's only important that you clearly have a difficulty set and the number of items for that difficulty chosen when it's time to turn in your challenge.

HeNrYTG50 said:
ExTamplier said:

You have to finish it or be up to the latest chapter if it is on-going, otherwise it doesn't count.. :)

It's just like HeNrYTG50 says. It won't count.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 23, 2016 8:00 PM
womp womp

Nov 2012
tsuyokunaru said:
henriiez said:

You can change it as long as you don't declare it completed. You can even keep the difficulty as "unsure" or ??? if you want to be able to change it freely.

It's only important that you clearly have a difficulty set and the number of items for that difficulty chosen when it's time to turn in your challenge.

What if I read about 40 or so chapters of Toriko last year, but I'm catching up to it now, would that still count? Or would I have to read those 40 chapters again?
Jan 23, 2016 8:08 PM

Oct 2007
henriiez said:
What if I read about 40 or so chapters of Toriko last year, but I'm catching up to it now, would that still count? Or would I have to read those 40 chapters again?

You'd have to re-read those 40 chapters, yeah.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 24, 2016 12:33 AM

Aug 2014
Can anyone recommend me a completed manga that serialized in 2014? This is for the "Read a manga that started serialization the year you joined MAL". I really need a completed, so I can finish it immediately. I've been trying to read this manga but I haven't seen a manga source with its last 2 chapters.
sup
Jan 24, 2016 12:55 AM

Apr 2013
keimaconquesta said:
Can anyone recommend me a completed manga that serialized in 2014? This is for the "Read a manga that started serialization the year you joined MAL". I really need a completed, so I can finish it immediately. I've been trying to read this manga but I haven't seen a manga source with its last 2 chapters.

There's All You Need Is Kill.. :) I recommend it
Jan 24, 2016 12:45 PM

Oct 2007
@GolnarAn I think J novels could be included, even if they are different from LN, yeah.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 24, 2016 1:53 PM

Dec 2008
tsuyokunaru said:
henriiez said:

You'd have to re-read those 40 chapters, yeah.
Thanks for this clarification! There's a manga that I'm planning to re-read from the beginning and then finally catch up, but did not know whether I could include it in the challenge.
Jan 24, 2016 2:44 PM

Aug 2014
HeNrYTG50 said:
keimaconquesta said:

There's All You Need Is Kill.. :) I recommend it
Thanks for the recommendation! It was really good, it has become one of my favorites...
sup
Jan 24, 2016 3:05 PM

Aug 2013
I'd like a decent manga that has been completely scanlated in either English or Korean to fulfill the "read a manga recommended to you by another manga reading challenge participant" task. Genre isn't a concern, but it'd be sweet if you could base it off what I've read thus far: here.
Jan 24, 2016 3:21 PM

Dec 2008
Protagony said:
I'd like a decent manga that has been completely scanlated in either English or Korean to fulfill the "read a manga recommended to you by another manga reading challenge participant" task. Genre isn't a concern, but it'd be sweet if you could base it off what I've read thus far: here.
After looking at your list, I suggest you check out Vampire Game. It is a really good manga and the story and characters get more interesting with each volume, in my opinion. I also like how it balances comedy and drama. It's completely translated in English. Hope you enjoy it :)
Jan 24, 2016 3:33 PM

Aug 2013
Kino_no_Tabi said:
After looking at your list, I suggest you check out Vampire Game. It is a really good manga and the story and characters get more interesting with each volume, in my opinion. I also like how it balances comedy and drama. It's completely translated in English. Hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks for the quick response! It's hard not to trust someone who shares a rather high manga compatibility with me, so I'll definitely be reading this one.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

27 by notPara »»
5 hours ago

» Do you ever skim through your Manga?

zaganGao - Jan 23

28 by ProGoddess »»
Yesterday, 5:12 AM

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

8 by ProGoddess »»
Yesterday, 5:06 AM

» Ur fav manga

Aoust_Adenca - Mar 10, 2023

23 by ProGoddess »»
Yesterday, 5:00 AM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

11 by 10vely »»
Yesterday, 4:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.