Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 5, 2015 2:27 AM
Aug 2014
Awwww, pretty happy for Megumi. I am sure Souma won't get 1st, it is too early for him in his highschool career to be winning.
Sep 5, 2015 2:30 AM

Jun 2013
siblings rivalry of course they will use that and of course Megumi was going to win
Sep 5, 2015 2:40 AM

Aug 2014
Man, this wasn't a sad scene or anything and I still cried since Megumi really deserved it.. I got to give credit to the animation studio for producing a great anime and following its adaptation to the bone
#KeepItUp
Sep 5, 2015 3:16 AM

Sep 2015
For manga readers:

In my opinion they should to have ended anime on 62 ch. and not on 60 ch. like now i suppose.If you know what i mean ;-)

sorry for my english..
Sep 5, 2015 3:19 AM

Jan 2014
Whoa that was intense. I wasn't actually sure whether Megumi would be able to score high enough to get through the prelims, so it was a surprise. Also respect for not cliff hanging it!
Great episode =3
Sep 5, 2015 3:57 AM

Jun 2014
i'm so happy for megumi! love her! only 2 episodes left tho :(
:3
Sep 5, 2015 5:41 AM

Feb 2014
An intense and enjoyable episode.

All of the curry dishes looked tasty and amazing for me, but of course there're other dishes that outperform the others. Alice's dish looked like it belongs in an art gallery for it's ambitious design alone, but it's taste was pretty much off this planet.

I do feel for Isami though, being in the shadow of his older brother Takumi must've been rough back when they're growing up in Italy, but at least he's accepted his place without regret thankfully. His dish looked really yummy! Same goes for Takumi too. =D

Predictable or not, I couldn't care less as pretty much everyone here wanted Megumi to succeed, and thankfully she did. I thought for a minute or two with the build-up and with the sad-sounding BGM playing that she might narrowly miss out, but not only did the underdog succeeded for once, but she also outperformed Hojo, who started to question her approach to her dishes in the past & present.

Now on to Hall A, where the judges seems to be ridiculously cruel with their scores so far. Hopefully Ryo can sort things out. =D
Sep 5, 2015 6:11 AM

Apr 2010
Alice was amazing but Megumi is still the cutest character in that anime :3
Sep 5, 2015 7:00 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode but nothing special. Sadly, looks nice the Anime won't cover all of the Election arc. Hope S2 comes soon.
Sep 5, 2015 7:28 AM

Aug 2015
Too much Megumi screentime.

I didn't like they reduced the spotlight for everyone but her. Even Alice.
Anime was a mistake. Heil Manga.
Sep 5, 2015 8:58 AM

Dec 2013
Ekaros said:
Xenocrisi said:

Yeah lol, they spoiled it in the OP. I'm glad Nikumi will apparently make it.

Ah megumi won... I do wonder about last episode though. Or will A block be cut in half.

I agree...

That aside, I loved the imagery that they put into this episode. I'm betting that the animators had a field day doing so many different genre of anime all in one episode.

We had:

Childish Fairytale Fantasy

Adventurous Spaghetti Western

Classic Kurosawa Bushido

And Modern Technological Sci-Fi

Not to mention Block B has been decided now, though Megumi barely made it.

Oh, and special mention to these two, who never fail to crack me up

Block A is gonna be intense as heck, and I'm betting on a season 2 announcement soon after this season ends.
L-RyoshiSep 5, 2015 9:01 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 5, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 2012
Finally we get to see what Isami can do! It's too bad that he didn't make it through, but at least we got to see his skill!

Poor Megumi T.T She was forgotten about~! Good to see development for her though ^.^

From what I can tell, this season is gonna end when the prelims are done. Hope there's gonna be a
second season~!

Sep 5, 2015 10:38 AM

Feb 2008
Should just be renamed Shokugeki no Megumi. I get that she's a main character, but damn she gets a lot of screen time.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Sep 5, 2015 10:43 AM

Jan 2012
I don't get most ofl these negative comments. I'm perfectly fine with some episodes focusing towards one character, giving a little more background info, and developing them. Especially if they are listed as a main. I'm not as huge fan of Megumi but this was a good episode that was needed for her to stay in the show in a believable way.
Sep 5, 2015 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
Machiavellism said:
Should just be renamed Shokugeki no Megumi. I get that she's a main character, but damn she gets a lot of screen time.

Fun fact, the Soma in Shokugeki no Soma isn't actually referring to the main character.

Sep 5, 2015 10:59 AM

May 2015
megumiiiii~~~~
Sep 5, 2015 11:11 AM

Aug 2015
Machiavellism said:
Read the manga. Better pacing, more screentime for other characters.
Sep 5, 2015 12:30 PM

Apr 2010
I'm glad Megumi made the cut. :3
Sep 5, 2015 12:30 PM

Mar 2010
I'm so glad that Megumi made it even if you knew it from how they built it up. I'm liking her more and more and but she just needs a little more confidence.

Also, I'm liking Yuki more and more as well. Her trollface is hilarious and she is always so cheerful. I just wish she had a little more screentime.
Sep 5, 2015 1:47 PM

May 2014
Love this show so much but the hate I have for Megumi is real. And I'm suprised how many people like her. My favourite girls in this anime are Yuki and Ikumi by far. Favourite guys in the anime would be Soma and Satoshi.
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Sep 5, 2015 2:47 PM

Jul 2012
Looks like I caught up. Now I gotta wait like everyone else 😭

Watching Megumi's development throughout this show has been awesome :)

Sigh,
Sep 5, 2015 3:27 PM
Aug 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
Machiavellism said:

Fun fact, the Soma in Shokugeki no Soma isn't actually referring to the main character.

I had no idea.
Sep 5, 2015 3:37 PM

Mar 2011
BryanLoeher said:
Poor Megumi... Was forgotten by everyone. But she proved her skills! And I was so happy when she scored 88! Yeah!

So the winners in group B is:

I can't wait next week.

I can't wait next week.
..wait next week....
... next week....

Man... I think I'm spoiled now.
Sep 5, 2015 3:46 PM

Mar 2013
Go Megumi!!!
So happy for her :)

Funny how only the "known" chars
make it through with good scores :X
Sep 5, 2015 4:16 PM

Nov 2013
The feels would have been better if Megumi lost. Oh well, 2 more episodes. I'm guessing either a rushed job or a massive cliffhanger. Tsk tsk.
Sep 5, 2015 7:06 PM

Aug 2015
HandsomeMan said:
I'm guessing either a rushed job or a massive cliffhanger. Tsk tsk.
It's already rushed.
Sep 5, 2015 8:20 PM
Nov 2014
Was so sure megumi wasn't going to make it, and not sure how I feel now that she did.
I mean, we all love her, but it seems a bit unrealistic that one of the worst cooks in the beginning is now part of the top 8.
Also slightly (more than slightly lol) pissed that we couldn't see a hojo/aldini showdown
Sep 5, 2015 8:28 PM

Jun 2015
He wasn't in this episode, but ever since episode 2, this guy still continues to be a mystery to me.

He reminds me of that guy Natsume from Beelzebub, like we knew he was really strong, but he was super mysterious but ended up being an ally to the main character.

I'm like, TELL ME WHO THE HELL THIS GUY IS

I think I'm just suspicious because I can't see his eyes.
Sep 5, 2015 8:58 PM

Mar 2008
Best girl showed she can cook with the best of them. Glad to see her effort pay off.
Sep 5, 2015 9:18 PM
Jun 2015
Zivith said:
He wasn't in this episode, but ever since episode 2, this guy still continues to be a mystery to me.

He reminds me of that guy Natsume from Beelzebub, like we knew he was really strong, but he was super mysterious but ended up being an ally to the main character.

You will get some info on the next episode....
Sep 5, 2015 9:37 PM

Jun 2015
ani12 said:
Zivith said:

You will get some info on the next episode....

Yeah I "accidentally" looked at wiki and saw what happened in the tournament.
Sep 5, 2015 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
Wow so that concludes the judging of Hall B. I'm kind of conflicted Megumi won tbh, even in the manga, I wanted to see Hojo or Nao win instead tbh but whatever it was still enjoyable to watch. The dishes they produced as usual looked delicious; the two I would like to try the most though would be Hojo’s and Alice’s. Hall A next time and as usual I’m expecting to see amazing food and techniques.
Sep 5, 2015 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
yeah! Megumi!!!!

at first I thought Soma got 0 lol but that blonde chick in group A sure is too picky.

anyway there's only two episodes left. I'm gonna be so sad when this show finally ends. There will be an S2 that's for sure. The question however is when
Sep 5, 2015 11:26 PM

Mar 2013
MEGUMIIIIIII!!!!!! <3

Glad that she finally shine thru :')
For one moment I thought she isn't not gonna make it but damn... her efforts were finally paid off :')

Brother rivalry... I thought that Isami would use some sort of trump card and will make it... but too bad I guess. Felt bad for him.

Lol and I totally forgot about Alice being in the group XD That worked as a surprise element for me :D
Quite confident of her to be expecting a total 100 :OO
But oh well, I can't go on without her daily dose in the episode <3

Oh and Yuki along with Megumi were real freakin' adorable in the episode today (/ *^*)/

Now its time for the Block A results! Can't wait for it.
But sadly, I think the opening theme sort of gave away the winners dammit! ( -_-)
Sep 5, 2015 11:38 PM

Jun 2015
The episode was amazing as always <3

I'm secretly cheering for Megumi and I'm so glad she made it! <3 (my fuckin heart...)
I thought maybe Takumi and Isami will get the same score but Takumi winning was even better, I'm glad Isami didn't get mad or anything

Sep 5, 2015 11:48 PM
Jun 2015
FinalFlash18 said:
MEGUMIIIIIII!!!!!! <3

For one moment I thought she isn't not gonna make it but damn... her efforts were finally paid off :')

Brother rivalry... I thought that Isami would use some sort of trump card and will make it... but too bad I guess. Felt bad for him.

Lol and I totally forgot about Alice being in the group XD That worked as a surprise element for me :D

Oh and Yuki along with Megumi were real freakin' adorable in the episode today (/ *^*)/

But sadly, I think the opening theme sort of gave away the winners dammit! ( -_-)

Nope...it didn't totally...you will realize soon
Sep 6, 2015 4:27 AM

Sep 2015
ani12 said:
FinalFlash18 said:
MEGUMIIIIIII!!!!!! <3

According to you with what chapter the season ends?
Sep 6, 2015 4:37 AM

Mar 2015
This episode have something, but somehow not so much... What is it?

Thanks, Tsukiyama.
Sep 6, 2015 5:30 AM

Jun 2015
Chapter 60 would be a great stopping point for this season. Megumi is one of the best developed character in this series.
Sep 6, 2015 5:56 AM

Sep 2015
TheMaster100 said:
Chapter 60 would be a great stopping point for this season. Megumi is one of the best developed character in this series.

I hope they do it again to finish whit chapter 62.

A Cliffhanger against a static quite boring final.
Sep 6, 2015 6:22 AM
Jun 2015
Jklmn said:
ani12 said:

According to you with what chapter the season ends?

Chapter 59 probably...with a massive last scene cliffhanger, you know what is that
Sep 6, 2015 7:02 AM
Nov 2014
anyone know what piano song was played for megumi?
Sep 6, 2015 7:24 AM

Sep 2015
ani12 said:
Chapter 59 probably...with a massive last scene cliffhanger, you know what is that

Oh yuo're right,well it'a lot better than chapter 60 in fact.
Sep 6, 2015 8:24 AM

Jul 2008
Nice episode, the finale will make people wish season 2 starts now >.<
Sep 6, 2015 9:01 AM
Aug 2014
Megumi's part is great. As always, hyped for the next episode.

I like the fact that side characters actually get backstories in this show, myself.

Alice is hilarious and probably my favorite character at this point... Although, I don't think I would rate her dishes as highly. They just seem so odd. But then, I haven't exactly tasted them.

hithummah said:
can someone correct me but I remember in the manga that Isami Aldini didn't qualify to the semi-finals.

Corrupted_SanitySep 6, 2015 9:09 AM
I'm not saying Steins;Gate has to be your favourite show. But if you don't like it I'll have to drown you in Dr Pepper.

Sometimes I forget to check back when I post. If you really think I need to hear something it's best to just send me a message.
Sep 6, 2015 10:06 AM
Jun 2015
Corrupted_Sanity said:
Megumi's part is great. As always, hyped for the next episode.

I like the fact that side characters actually get backstories in this show, myself.

Alice is hilarious and probably my favorite character at this point... Although, I don't think I would rate her dishes as highly. They just seem so odd. But then, I haven't exactly tasted them.

hithummah said:
can someone correct me but I remember in the manga that Isami Aldini didn't qualify to the semi-finals.

Oh man....you are talking abt takumi aldini...not isami(he was in group B and didn't qualify to the main elections...lets alone semi-finals)
Sep 6, 2015 10:23 AM
Aug 2015
Jklmn said:
ani12 said:

Oh yuo're right,well it'a lot better than chapter 60 in fact.

I agree with this, but it's probably gonna be rushed. This next ep is probably just going to be a mashing together of all the content they skipped over from Block A so they can put 58 and 59 in the final ep.
Sep 6, 2015 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
swordmage123 said:
anyone know what piano song was played for megumi?

Sep 6, 2015 1:53 PM

Dec 2014
Alice once again impresses me with her style. And Megumi, you go girl.

Looking forward to Ryo's dish next episode. The guy looks like a total badass.
Sep 6, 2015 2:06 PM

Feb 2008
Go Megumi! Finally!

And an excellent expression, Soma...
Led_WaylineSep 6, 2015 2:09 PM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

637 by Raymond_Bermea »»
Apr 24, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.