Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which do you prefer?
Only subs - original audio is best.
45.9%
Mostly subbed, some dubbed.
29.7%
Only dubbed - I like it in my native language.
2.3%
Mostly dubbed, some subbed.
8.0%
Both subbed and dubbed equally.
11.5%
Raw.
2.6%
2,442 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (63) « First ... « 52 53 [54] 55 56 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2010 4:34 PM

Jul 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
supersonic124 said:
Will this thread ever die?

Not as long as there's still someone who wants to talk about it, since any new threads that pop up get merged with this one.

I say this topic needs to be sacrificed to some god for the greater good.
Nov 17, 2010 5:33 PM

Aug 2010
m00sey said:
im half and half, i like the subs but i gotta watch my dubs
:)

^THIS^

Unless the Dubs are so poorly done that the anime becomes unwatchable.
Ex: Hellsing Dub (sorry if someone liked them).

-----edit-----
Also, with dubs, I find it easier to pay attention to the art, as i have no words to read.(exept signs)
matrixtrapNov 18, 2010 2:52 PM

Nov 17, 2010 6:19 PM

Feb 2010
matrixtrap said:
m00sey said:

^THIS^

TV Series or OVA ?
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 17, 2010 6:23 PM

Aug 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
matrixtrap said:
m00sey said:

^THIS^

TV Series or OVA ?

TV Series

Nov 17, 2010 6:49 PM

Aug 2010
I think subs are way better because dubs always add in weird grunts, screams, and a lot of other hilarious things. Normally, I actually don't really realize how dumb the dubs sound until I watch the subs lol but that's just my opinion
Nov 17, 2010 8:42 PM

Sep 2009
leungclj said:
sub always.

the problem with dub is:

1) Japan's language is way more melodic than English therefore when an English dub over it with really high pitch voice, it just dont sound right

2) If the English voice actor dont attempt to put a high pitch voice on, everyone will be like "OMG, its nothing like the orginal"

therefore, English dub will never really work =/ (not work for me anyway)

1. That depends on the dub. And Their is a wide difference that needs to be understood between "Japanese Seiyuu vs. English Voice Actor" range. As for some VA's i'd think it'd be impossible on some parts to squel that loud.

2. And? Take a looks at Baccano! where the high pitched idiot Miria sounded horrible in japanese, and sounded natural in english, another example could be the DBZ sub vs. dub.
Nov 17, 2010 9:00 PM

Aug 2010
Subs. Most dubs annoy me and Japanese sounds a lot better to me anyway.
Nov 17, 2010 10:14 PM

Jun 2008
starryxskies said:
I think subs are way better because dubs always add in weird grunts, screams, and a lot of other hilarious things. Normally, I actually don't really realize how dumb the dubs sound until I watch the subs lol but that's just my opinion

Every time I hear an "EEEHHHHHH!?" I facepalm. This has not occurred in any dub I've watched.
Nov 18, 2010 10:29 AM

Oct 2009
leungclj said:
sub always.

the problem with dub is:

1) Japan's language is way more melodic than English therefore when an English dub over it with really high pitch voice, it just dont sound right

Pardon my french, but are you fucking deaf? Almost all the characters in every Jap dub ever made have the most fucking high pitched shrill voices I ever heard in my life. I can't even watch anything subbed anymore because it's so god damn annoying. It makes me want to rip my fucking ears out.
supersonic124Nov 18, 2010 10:57 AM
Nov 18, 2010 12:21 PM
May 2010
I laugh whenever somebody made fun of Japanese's high-pitched voices, because it makes me think just how stupid American accent sounds like.
Nov 18, 2010 1:55 PM

Jun 2009
OminousFlare said:
I laugh whenever somebody made fun of Japanese's high-pitched voices, because it makes me think just how stupid American accent sounds like.

This, pardner. I'm from the south, so I can make fun stereotypes.. right?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 18, 2010 6:54 PM

Jun 2010
ARXLaevatein said:
Redfoxoffire said:
supersonic124 said:
Will this thread ever die?

Not as long as there's still someone who wants to talk about it, since any new threads that pop up get merged with this one.

I say this topic needs to be sacrificed to some god for the greater good.

I agree this topic NEEDS to be buried damn it!!!
Nov 19, 2010 8:39 AM

Oct 2009
OminousFlare said:

Don't even get me started on you Singapore people. You guys of all people shouldn't be making fun of other people's accents.
Nov 19, 2010 8:55 AM
May 2010
supersonic124 said:
Don't even get me started on you Singapore people. You guys of all people shouldn't be making fun of other people's accents.

Oh ho ho, so you want to make this personal? Well then bring the heat to my comment section, jackass, not this thread.

Feel free to delete either of our posts, mods.

Edit:
Sigh. Another drama-filled topic to put on my Ignore List. Oh well. Why the Hell did I come back to this thread after abandoning it so long ago anyway?
OminousWrexNov 19, 2010 9:06 AM
Nov 19, 2010 2:58 PM

Feb 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
starryxskies said:

Every time I hear an "EEEHHHHHH!?" I facepalm. This has not occurred in any dub I've watched.

What would Aria be without Akari's "EEEHHHHHH"s? ^^
on the other hand the "desu desu desu" bombardment in Higurashi annoyed me quite much, this didn't happen in the dubbed version.
AlcoholicideNov 19, 2010 4:50 PM
Nov 19, 2010 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Redfoxoffire said:
starryxskies said:

What would Aria be without Akari's "EEEHHHHHH"s? ^^
on the other hand the "desu desu desu" bembardment in Higurashi annoyed me quite much, this didn't happen in the dubbed version.

Aria is an exception because it is awesome (although even that did get a little irritating at times). I can't think of a specific example right now, but what I was thinking of is usually done by male characters. I think the lead guy in Amagami SS has done it at least twice.
Nov 19, 2010 4:07 PM

Nov 2007
I must remind people to stay on topic and not resort to personal attacks or bigoted racism. It's fine to have an OPINION that you prefer one language over another, but to attack other people for theirs, or to blanketly mock a language in full is not going to be tolerated; somebody was just banned for his repeated trolling of this thread, and won't be returning.
Nov 19, 2010 6:02 PM

Oct 2007
Asako said:
I must remind people to stay on topic and not resort to personal attacks or bigoted racism. It's fine to have an OPINION that you prefer one language over another, but to attack other people for theirs, or to blanketly mock a language in full is not going to be tolerated; somebody was just banned for his repeated trolling of this thread, and won't be returning.

thank you. <3
You can find me on IRC.
Nov 19, 2010 6:18 PM
Nov 2010
I generally watch dubs. But if I must, I watch the sub.
Nov 20, 2010 2:40 AM
Jun 2008
I love sub .
ahh, I said that before .... >.>
mehh, the discussion thread remind me of English and French

when people get used to something, its is very hard for them to change.Beside,everyone has a pride of having the sense "originality".either it is on the language(original) or language(own)...for example,I like to read Japanese Novel, but sometime reading translated English Novel into Japanese version seems to be a bit fake or maybe its lack of originality.....
For me, no matter how bad is the Japanese voice actor .I will stick to Japanese, even thou I think Cantonese dub is much more smoother to listen(because I listen to this very often when I am young).
i am not superman anyway, I can't love both sub and dub
Nov 20, 2010 6:07 AM

Oct 2007
...superman?

It doesn't take superpowers to like both. xD
You can find me on IRC.
Nov 20, 2010 6:43 AM
Jun 2008
but it does need amount of time to accustomed in one task, and it require special gift from heaven to accomplish it ...>.<
I think this is a bad metaphor.maybe make a more simple one
Nov 20, 2010 8:23 AM

Feb 2010
I'll have to say he's right. It can really be hard to overcome what you're used to, even if you're willing to. As known I have enjoyed my fair share of dubs, but recently I've watched subs only (because I started learning japanese) and shortly ago I started another anime in english (kenshin - the subbed version was unbearable because of the girl that lives in Kenshins throat) and it just sounds strange after a couple of months of only watching anime in japanese.
Not to say I can't still enjoy it, but the power of habits really is a bitch.
Nov 20, 2010 8:40 AM

Jul 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I'll have to say he's right. It can really be hard to overcome what you're used to, even if you're willing to. As known I have enjoyed my fair share of dubs, but recently I've watched subs only (because I started learning japanese) and shortly ago I started another anime in english (kenshin - the subbed version was unbearable because of the girl that lives in Kenshins throat) and it just sounds strange after a couple of months of only watching anime in japanese.

Agree here, though I'm the opposite. I'm used to Japanese dubs + subs, then started watching Big O with dubs on a whim, only to find out it's a hell lot better than the Japanese dubs. And when I watch another show with subs, I just realized how distracting reading subs is compared to listening.
Nov 20, 2010 12:06 PM
Jun 2008
what a dangerous topic 0.0"
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Look on the bright side, if you just focus on one field .You might become an expert on it...
Nov 20, 2010 1:47 PM

Nov 2010
Sub. I prefer the actual voices then having some weird sounding English voices.
Nov 20, 2010 4:03 PM

Feb 2010
MorningGlory said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Look on the bright side, if you just focus on one field .You might become an expert on it...

Well, I'm against expertism and more a friend of the broad approach to every topic, including the audio files of an anime ^^
Nov 20, 2010 4:40 PM
Jun 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
MorningGlory said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Well, I'm against expertism and more a friend of the broad approach to every topic, including the audio files of an anime ^^
I against two-timing >< ...unlike in real life,two-timing in Anime won't result in death or whatsoever but it will makes people feel discomfort.I guess its like having affair with your inner feeling .....

I notice that this topic is created by MASARUwota, but why I saw the word "asako" in the forum page ?? 0.0
MorningGloryNov 20, 2010 5:09 PM
Nov 20, 2010 6:09 PM

Nov 2007
MorningGlory said:
I notice that this topic is created by MASARUwota, but why I saw the word "asako" in the forum page ?? 0.0

I rebooted the poll some time ago. It's a quirky "feature" of MAL that it shows my name on the index yet the original thread poster when you actually look. I'd really prefer to shut this thread down entirely, but since the topic is brought up so often . . .
Nov 20, 2010 6:17 PM

Jun 2010
Subs anyday. God bless Japan.

A few dubs are ok, like in School Rumble, most the characters do a decent job but Subs is potraying how it is actually supposed to sound so I aint suprised it is better.
Nov 20, 2010 7:39 PM

May 2009
Subs for sure, with the exception of a few rare cases like the Pokemon dub or DBZ dub or something, which weren't bad at all. But even then, I'd rather watch them subbed.
Nov 24, 2010 7:02 PM

Jan 2010
All right looks like I have to come in and again and maybe ask all of you this.

Does Call of Duty Black Op trailer dubbed in Japanese sound better to you.

Tell me if that sound better in Japanese then in English?
Nov 24, 2010 7:02 PM

Jan 2010

Nov 24, 2010 8:09 PM

Sep 2010
mdo7 said:

LOL you assume everyone here plays that franchise or has even seen the Eng trailer to make a comparison.
But I looked up both and all I can say is that I recognized Kenyu Horiuchi as the narrator yet have no clue who is the English narrator. The two trailers sound similar enough to me. Plus it is a fact that SquareEnix promised all-star voices for that game and that is not the case for non-Disney dubs of Japanese anime.

Do keep in mind the people in this thread are talking about anime not video games. In other words anime has way more dialogue then the grunts and oorahs in a game like COD.

Nov 24, 2010 9:34 PM

Jun 2008
Anime_Name said:
LOL you assume everyone here plays that franchise or has even seen the Eng trailer to make a comparison.

Where did he assume everyone's played it?

Plus it is a fact that SquareEnix promised all-star voices for that game and that is not the case for non-Disney dubs of Japanese anime.

Because if they would just promise it, that guarantees it will be good.
Nov 25, 2010 8:00 AM

Feb 2010
mdo7 said:

No it didn't. But what has that to do with dubs and subs in general?
Nov 25, 2010 8:24 AM

Jan 2010
Anime_Name said:
mdo7 said:

But I looked up both and all I can say is that I recognized Kenyu Horiuchi as the narrator yet have no clue who is the English narrator. The two trailers sound similar enough to me. Plus it is a fact that SquareEnix promised all-star voices for that game and that is not the case for non-Disney dubs of Japanese anime.

Do keep in mind the people in this thread are talking about anime not video games. In other words anime has way more dialogue then the grunts and oorahs in a game like COD.

A lot of people assume that Japanese VA are the best no matter if it's anime or video game. I like to see how many people are pulling double standard when it comes to dubs.

-if a American game or any medium is dubbed in Japanese, to them it'll sound better because of the VAs. If Jun Fukuyama or Mamoru Miyano voiced characters in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Japanese dub. Then those dub haters will say "I'm buying Ghost Recon in Japanese because the English voice suck, and Jun Fukuyama and Mamoru Miyano pwn them, Japanese POWER!!!!"

So you see I'm asking people if that Japanese dub sound better for American game then English voice because I want to see how many people pull double standard.

Oh and I'm glad you recognize the Japanese narrator for that one, because he'll be voicing Alec Mason in the Japanese dub of Black Ops (in English, Alex Mason is voiced by Sam Worthington). I went to Japanese wiki and according to it they just listed the Japanese voice cast for Black Ops (sadly this is Wikipedia and without any sources to back it up):

Jason Hudson will be voice by Kazuhiko Inoue, Frank Wood will be voice by Rikiya Koyama, other voice cast includes Hiroki Yasumoto, Hōchū Ōtsuka, Norio Wakamoto (he could be voicing Dragovich), Daisuke Namikawa, Nobuo Tobita, Kōsei Tomita, and Hiroki Touchi.

Now let me ask the dub hater this: Because of this voice cast does that mean COD: Black Ops sound better in Japanese because of the cast I listed.
Nov 25, 2010 9:00 AM

Sep 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
Anime_Name said:

Where did he assume everyone's played it?

His line about telling him which is better the provided Japanese trailer or the not provided English trailer.

Plus it is a fact that SquareEnix promised all-star voices for that game and that is not the case for non-Disney dubs of Japanese anime.

Because if they would just promise it, that guarantees it will be good.

Let's see promising and delivering an all-star cast means just that. Big fancy names and idols recognized for the VA work, hence why I noted able to hear Horiuchi.

If you have a point please make it.

Nov 25, 2010 9:08 AM

Sep 2010
mdo7 said:

I haven’t read the whole thread cos that discussion is annoying beyond believe. But I seriously doubt people say that Japanese voice is always better in everything…
Moreover this thread is called Sub vs. Dub and not Japanese vs. other languages so your example with that game seems strange and contradicting. People who like Subs over Dubs will of course like anime in its original language, which is Japanese. Now, that game you linked seems obviously American so the same people who prefer Sub will in this case choose English over Japanese, no?
Nov 25, 2010 9:31 AM

Sep 2010
A lot of people assume that Japanese VA are the best no matter if it's anime or video game. I like to see how many people are pulling double standard when it comes to dubs.

In this forum I have never read this "a lot" of people you claim to have double standards when it comes to anime or video games. That is mostly because this is an English forum that is for the discussion of anime/manga.

Besides if someone says they prefer Japanese voices in all their products that is not a double standard. If someone says they generally prefer the original performances then that means whatever can be construed as the first performance of a product is the performance they want to hear. Then you have the people that just want to hear a good performance and will listen to whatever they say sounds better to them. None of those cases represent a double standard.

-if a American game or any medium is dubbed in Japanese, to them it'll sound better because of the VAs. If Jun Fukuyama or Mamoru Miyano voiced characters in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Japanese dub. Then those dub haters will say "I'm buying Ghost Recon in Japanese because the English voice suck, and Jun Fukuyama and Mamoru Miyano pwn them, Japanese POWER!!!!"

What part of a person thinking an English performance is not as good as Japanese? Speaking in English does not assure that it will please the ear of the listener. If I go out and buy a R2 game console and R2 game at R2 prices then there must be a reason why I am going that far to not have to play a R1 game.

So you see I'm asking people if that Japanese dub sound better for American game then English voice because I want to see how many people pull double standard.

You would have to know what a double standard is first.

Oh and I'm glad you recognize the Japanese narrator for that one, because he'll be voicing Alec Mason in the Japanese dub of Black Ops (in English, Alex Mason is voiced by Sam Worthington). I went to Japanese wiki and according to it they just listed the Japanese voice cast for Black Ops (sadly this is Wikipedia and without any sources to back it up):

You can go to the English Wikia for COD and see that only the Engish actors are credited there not Japanese, not German, not French only the English ones. That is sort of how Wikis work. Wikis are aimed to inform people about a product and if that localized product does not have multi-language support then it is more accurate for a Wiki writer to leave that information out.

Now let me ask the dub hater this: Because of this voice cast does that mean COD: Black Ops sound better in Japanese because of the cast I listed.

You listed a bunch of Japanese VAs some of which I really do like as performers but only put one name down for the English cast and ask for an evaluation so you can draw your wrong conclusion about double standards. I don't think anyone here could tell you much based on one long list, one name, and one trailer.
Try a CoD fansite for their opinions.

Nov 25, 2010 10:30 AM

Jan 2010
Anime_Name said:
In this forum I have never read this "a lot" of people you claim to have double standards when it comes to anime or video games. That is mostly because this is an English forum that is for the discussion of anime/manga.

Besides if someone says they prefer Japanese voices in all their products that is not a double standard. If someone says they generally prefer the original performances then that means whatever can be construed as the first performance of a product is the performance they want to hear. Then you have the people that just want to hear a good performance and will listen to whatever they say sounds better to them. None of those cases represent a double standard.

It is double standard when a person say English dub suck in anime but never complain about Japanese dub on American stuff. It's also double standard when they praise Japanese dub, and criticize English dub on Asian stuff. That's just like complaining about when American remake Asian film, but never complain about Asia/Japan remaking American film. This is just like complaining about America doing live-action anime/manga but never complain about Japan or Asia doing live-action anime/manga. If that's not double standard then I don't know what is.

You would have to know what a double standard is first.

If this is not double standard, then does that mean that these are not double standard:

-A politicians who complain about violent video game will corrupt the children, but never complain about other violent entertainment that children can watch.
-some hypocrite Feminist group complain about how men reading magazine full of hot girls yet these same feminist group read magazine full of hot guys with no shirt on.
-PETA yap about how people treat animal in bad manner and yet they been accused of euthanizing animal. PETA are not even in Africa protecting the endangered species or stoping poachers when they need help the most. Some animal defender they call themselves.

You listed a bunch of Japanese VAs some of which I really do like as performers but only put one name down for the English cast and ask for an evaluation so you can draw your wrong conclusion about double standards. I don't think anyone here could tell you much based on one long list, one name, and one trailer.
Try a CoD fansite for their opinions.

Don't try pulling that discrediting crap on me. I know people pull double standard all the time even in anime fandom when it comes to audio. People will complain about English audio on anime, but never complain about the Japanese dub on American stuff despite the fact many Japanese VA that do anime also do dub on American stuff.

I'll tell you a story: I remember meeting a dub hater online that said Wolverine suck in English because he voiced by Steve Blum who does a lot of anime voice-over. To make it worse this same dub hater claim the Japanese voice of Wolverine sound so much better. He openly bash Steve Blum for his Wolverine and his anime role. Asian supremacist does exist and what makes it worse, if the white person think he's Asian because watching anime makes a person Asian.
Nov 25, 2010 11:12 AM

Sep 2010
If that's not double standard then I don't know what is.

You don't.

If this is not double standard, then does that mean that these are not double standard:

It does not matter if THOSE examples are double standards. What matters for the sake of THIS topic is that the reasons given HERE in this topic are not a double standards.

Don't try pulling that discrediting crap on me.

Right and you can pull out a bunch of unrelated examples to the topic.

I know people pull double standard all the time even in anime fandom when it comes to audio. People will complain about English audio on anime, but never complain about the Japanese dub on American stuff despite the fact many Japanese VA that do anime also do dub on American stuff.

Read the posts on MAL. People seem to complain about everything.

Asian supremacist does exist and what makes it worse, if the white person think he's Asian because watching anime makes a person Asian.

Then that person is a dumbass and you are a dumbass for thinking that is some kind of normal example among people that prefer dubs.

Nov 25, 2010 11:17 AM

Sep 2010
Seriously read the topic, as a matter of fact read the MAL forums in general. These "people" you speak of seem imaginary or very very small in number.

Nov 25, 2010 11:58 AM

Jan 2010
Anime_Name said:
Right and you can pull out a bunch of unrelated examples to the topic.

Right, and it's OK for people to bash English dub but never bash on Japanese dub.

It does not matter if THOSE examples are double standards. What matters for the sake of THIS topic is that the reasons given HERE in this topic are not a double standards.

It does because dub haters think they can get away with hating dub and not attacking Japanese dub on American stuff.

Read the posts on MAL. People seem to complain about everything.

I don't see any people bashing Japanese dub. Where's the "I didn't like Shigeru Chiba as Megatron in Beast Wars because it didn't fit on MAL" or "Modern Warfare 2 Japanese dub sound not good in Japanese" or things like that.

Then that person is a dumbass and you are a dumbass for thinking that is some kind of normal example among people that prefer dubs.

These dumbasses do exist and I have met a lot of them. I talk to anime fans who encounter people like these. Most dub hating came from people like them.

I'm a dumbass, let me ask you this. How should anime like Halo Legends. Batman: Gotham Knight, Wolverine anime, Iron Man anime, and Supernatural anime be watch English or Japanese? See the problem?

For Batman: Gotham Knight I could try watching it in Japanese because it's a anime. But wait, wouldn't Batman sound weird in Japanese because we ain't used to hearing him in Japanese (unless people grew up watching Batman in Japanese dub and got used to it)? If people were to watch Batman: Gotham Knight in English, wouldn't that violate anime fan rules of "never watch anime in dub other then Japanese". The same thing applied to Master Chief, and Wolverine. IF they were anime character based on American IP, would you want to hear them in Japanese or English?

Oh and don't give me the "there are exception for anime that can be watch in English dub" crap. I heard from many pro-sub and dub haters saying all anime should be watch in Japanese no matter what. So according to their logic, we should watch Batman: Gotham Knight in Japanese no matter how strange it would be to us in Japanese, and no matter if Kevin Conroy (Batman's English voice) voiced Batman in the anime. See the problem? How can people watch in Japanese audio if some anime can't be watch in that audio because it would sound strange.

Seriously read the topic, as a matter of fact read the MAL forums in general. These "people" you speak of seem imaginary or very very small in number.

How are you so sure? Do you have evidence to back that up? Guess who's the dumbass now? You're trying to wina court case without any evidence.
mdo7Nov 25, 2010 12:01 PM
Nov 25, 2010 12:04 PM

Jun 2008
Anime_Name said:
His line about telling him which is better the provided Japanese trailer or the not provided English trailer.

I'll agree you can fault him for not providing both, but at worst that's only assuming everyone has seen the trailer, not played the franchise.

Let's see promising and delivering an all-star cast means just that. Big fancy names and idols recognized for the VA work, hence why I noted able to hear Horiuchi.

If you have a point please make it.

My point is that you said SquareEnix promised an all-star cast as if that promise is all that's needed. If they delivered, great. They held to their promise. I just want to make sure you don't think a promise is all it takes.
Nov 25, 2010 12:45 PM

Sep 2010
mdo7 said:

How are you so sure? Do you have evidence to back that up? Guess who's the dumbass now? You're trying to wina court case without any evidence.

Actually, you’re the one not providing evidence here. Reading back some pages I can’t find anyone claiming that the Japanese Language is always better in every medium produced anywhere. If someone in this topic gives a general statement like “sub is better” it clearly apply to anime only because this is the anime discussion board of an anime site.
There is no need to discuss if a Japanese dubbed American cartoon or game sounds better as it is not the topic here at all. And I bet most people who prefer Japanese voice in anime will most likely find Japanese voice in South Park atrocious…
Nov 25, 2010 12:48 PM

May 2009
I watched everything subbed except Cowboy Bobop and Samurai Champloo, those are better in dub in my opinion.
Nov 25, 2010 2:01 PM

Feb 2009
Only subbed!! ;)
Nov 25, 2010 3:47 PM

Jan 2010
mljato said:
mdo7 said:

Actually, you’re the one not providing evidence here. Reading back some pages I can’t find anyone claiming that the Japanese Language is always better in every medium produced anywhere. If someone in this topic gives a general statement like “sub is better” it clearly apply to anime only because this is the anime discussion board of an anime site.
There is no need to discuss if a Japanese dubbed American cartoon or game sounds better as it is not the topic here at all. And I bet most people who prefer Japanese voice in anime will most likely find Japanese voice in South Park atrocious…

Actually you might want to look at the comment on Alice in Wonderland Japanese dub. Some of the comment disturbs me when they say they like her Japanese voice way better then the english one and I don't know how many of them don't speak Japanese when they said that. Alice Japanese voice sound on par (although I find some flaws with her voice) with the English but I don't say it's way better then the English voice and insult the English voice like some people. Also I do find similar comments about they like Disney film in Japanese better then the English let me ask you this:

What kind of dub haters say they hate English dub in anime, but praise Japanese dub in American film like Disney?
Nov 25, 2010 4:44 PM

Sep 2010
mdo7 said:

Actually you might want to look at the comment on Alice in Wonderland Japanese dub. Some of the comment disturbs me when they say they like her Japanese voice way better then the english one and I don't know how many of them don't speak Japanese when they said that. Alice Japanese voice sound on par (although I find some flaws with her voice) with the English but I don't say it's way better then the English voice and insult the English voice like some people. Also I do find similar comments about they like Disney film in Japanese better then the English let me ask you this:

What kind of dub haters say they hate English dub in anime, but praise Japanese dub in American film like Disney?

First to answer your question in bold: the ignorant kind.

Now, I actually read all of the 142 comment and there are less than 5 people claiming “zomg Japanese is so much more awesome then the English version!!!!1111” while most of them are more like “Japanese is good too”, which btw I agree with.

What bothered me was that you were assuming, people who prefer original voices in anime automatically want Japanese voices everywhere, which is not true. Preference over one thing doesn’t necessary imply hate for everything else. When I saw the German trailer for Serei no Moribito I thought it was pretty good…but I still preferred the Japanese voices. I liked the Japanese Version of Alice in Wonderland…but I would still watch it in English if I could.
Apart from some few weaboo comments in this thread and even in the YouTube comment section most people aren’t as ignorant as you describe them to be…
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (63) « First ... « 52 53 [54] 55 56 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What does the Anime you watch say about you

ST63LTH - 8 hours ago

15 by BitChilly »»
6 seconds ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 27

42 by Piromysl »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Pick your favourite in this list!

AnimeLover1289 - 3 hours ago

9 by DarkGamerA »»
7 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together?

Oshieteoshiete4 - Yesterday

31 by ST63LTH »»
12 minutes ago

» Best anime from Disney+?

Spunkert - 4 hours ago

14 by Rhae »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.