Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
kawaiii himee :3

nice episode, but this Asseylum really rule the opening o.0

love the ed also <3
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 2, 2014 12:09 PM

Oct 2007
richter03 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I'm aware, but why design a mech with such a blatant oversight in the first place.

Do you really aware what cause the mecha explode ?

Please don't attack Inaho just because he shining then your Slaine.

Yes Richter03 "I are be aware why mecha explodededed when he shining more than our Slaine".

Jesus Christ......just going to sit back and just watch the chaos play out in this thread for a bit.
Aug 2, 2014 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Bluebirds22 said:

Did you watch the episode? Was a simple explanation why the mecha explode.

I'm aware, but why design a mech with such a blatant oversight in the first place. Does that not strike you as more than a little stupid and very convenient for someone like Inaho to just easily exploit. It's not really a matter of daring genius against all odds for Inaho when it's mainly just the Martian mechs having these critical oversights in their design that cause them to instantly become worthless if water and a couple of counter measures are invoked. It just feels kind of cheap and not really all that interesting strategy wise. It's like okay good job there again wunderkind, but it'd be nice to see this guy actual struggle against a mech with no one shot sure kill weakness for once and sweat it out while just barely scraping by in a win. That would certainly be more tense and the sense of accomplishment so much greater, but I guess it's not that kind of show.

It just a anime. Insulting users is such pathetic, if you don´t like Inaho is okey, but insulting to people that don´t think the same as you... really get a life.
Aug 2, 2014 12:15 PM

May 2012
Maryruss said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I'm aware, but why design a mech with such a blatant oversight in the first place. Does that not strike you as more than a little stupid and very convenient for someone like Inaho to just easily exploit. It's not really a matter of daring genius against all odds for Inaho when it's mainly just the Martian mechs having these critical oversights in their design that cause them to instantly become worthless if water and a couple of counter measures are invoked. It just feels kind of cheap and not really all that interesting strategy wise. It's like okay good job there again wunderkind, but it'd be nice to see this guy actual struggle against a mech with no one shot sure kill weakness for once and sweat it out while just barely scraping by in a win. That would certainly be more tense and the sense of accomplishment so much greater, but I guess it's not that kind of show.

It just a anime. Insulting users is such pathetic, if you don´t like Inaho is okey, but insulting to people that don´t think the same as you... really get a life.

You don't understand mate, most* MAL users treat anime like engineering, they have to take it seriously or the structure supporting their brain would collapse.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 2, 2014 12:16 PM
Aug 2014
LOL... so many people trying to say the martian mechas' weakness is water. As for those who watch subs, read closely nubs. Anyways it's a good episode. Logic wins over nakama power.
Aug 2, 2014 12:17 PM
Jul 2014
Tommk said:
Maryruss said:

You don't understand mate, most* MAL users treat anime like engineering, they have to take it seriously or the structure supporting their brain would collapse.

Well that explain a lot.
Aug 2, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2013
Well, I've always known MAL to be a breeding ground of critics for being nit-picky but I'll join in nonetheless for fun lol.

vieri32 said:
be moved by a character who does nothing without orders, do not you think a real puppet.
Slaine is only popular for you who likes to know weaklings who are acting under orders given by others.

I believe its an acquired taste for some people that they'd prefer characters progressing through struggles (eg: Slaine) instead of watching others that triumph seemingly without effort.

I'm almost 100% sure that if Inaho were to show emotional signs of him struggling during his fights with the martian mechs, the term 'gary-stu' wouldn't even exist for him anymore. Pretty sure that misconception with gary stu labeling are often misused for characters who simply lack emotions with victories.

Vexper said:
71 percent of the Earth's surface is water-covered. Let's design mechs which aren't capable of functioning in water. Dragons Den awaits.

Well I agree to some extent but that view is rather flawed itself imo. To be fair,
1) Mars =/= Earth. No sea on their planet.
2) Mechs aren't amphibious, I was under impression that they're like heavy tanks with legs. Same thing goes to terran cataphrapts.
3) It was the martian mech's alnoah drive/ light saber that led to his demise. Though without underwater thrusters, both of their cataphracts would still sink anyway.
Aug 2, 2014 12:19 PM
Aug 2014
Tommk said:
Maryruss said:

It's just giving justice by correcting them. Think about it like a geek that would say because of this that he died.
Aug 2, 2014 12:21 PM

Dec 2011
So we got to see how 5 years ago Slaine arrived in a pod in the Vers Empire and was saved through intense kissing by a loli Seylum.

Well, at least his majesty seemed to have a better way of thought and asked that the hostilities stop and inform the UE of this.

Poor Slaine keeps getting bashed around by the martians lol.

The UE should relinquish all military command to Inaho if they want to win this war, that's just my honest opinion since their officers seem utterly incapable of devising strategies like he does.

It looks like the martian with the kataphrakt that uses that plasma sword hasn't learned his lesson yet, he needs his butt kicked some more.

It was a good thing that Slaine managed to talk to his majesty... who doesn't look in that good a shape.

Inaho... doing as a student what the real officers and veterans can't, and looking cool while doing it all.

It was a surprise seeing Rayet be the first one to get to Inaho to retrieve him.

Dear lord, I hope that his majesty won't prove to be stupid enough to believe those lies... foolish geezer...

I can't wait to see more of Inaho's brilliant military tactics and exploits in the next episodes.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Aug 2, 2014 12:22 PM
Jun 2012
So Slaine's attempt at stopping the war backfired and actually made the emperor decide to declare war again. Also looks like he's pretty fucked since they now suspect him of being a spy.
Aug 2, 2014 12:22 PM

May 2012
maveric2170 said:
Tommk said:

It's just giving justice by correcting them. Think about it like a geek that would say because of this that he died.

Not sure..............I'm able to comprehend this or not......
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Aug 2, 2014 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
seriously who the hell is inaho there has to be a story to it.

i like a main character who knows what he is doing but i just find it hard to belive that a student has so much more tactical finesse and superior knowledge to everyone else, especially all the other military trained people there
xSanoxAug 2, 2014 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
Aside from the bad OST, and cgi, this is looking decent but a bit too bland story wise with the direction they are taking. I hope bringing the princess back to mars won't be the ultimate solution and ending.

Sep 2009
the frustration is real. but i guess this turn of events is only natural to keep the plot progressing onward.
Aug 2, 2014 12:30 PM
Jul 2014
Probably not too wise to attack a target over a large body of water with weapons that cannot be used in water, and with a mecha that has no amphibious capabilities. I know these guys are overconfident but there's only so many times you can get crushed by tactical ingenuity before you realize that maybe you should be taking these guys seriously, especially if you're the same guy who was defeated by a crane not even 24 hours(?) before.

I feel like this show is trying to marry Code Geass with Gundam Wing and is kind of failing at it. I still have hope that it can be an interesting series though.
Aug 2, 2014 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
StefanMZ said:
The UE should relinquish all military command to Inaho if they want to win this war, that's just my honest opinion since their officers seem utterly incapable of devising strategies like he does.
Even though this is an anime, where adults are all braindead incompetents and kids are the only capable of being competent, that sounds a bit irrealistic even by anime standards.
Aug 2, 2014 12:31 PM

Jun 2010
I love the show so far and Slaine is definitely the best developed character out of the three mains.
I want to see Inaho get some development soon because he's not really clicking with me and for at least one episode I'd appreciate if the princess would take a hint about letting the empire know of her survival.
Aug 2, 2014 12:31 PM

Oct 2007
Maryruss said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Where am I insulting people? Sorry but people are coming out with these one liner posts all the time about how I'm just a hater and putting these simplistic positions in my mouth that I don't really hold. I mean yes I prefer Slaine to Inaho, but it's because I truly find him a more interesting character while Inaho is currently shaping up to be one of the most one dimensional and bland MC's in a mecha anime since Kira Yamato in Gundam Seed Destiny. Just because he doesn't have an OP mech really doesn't excuse the fact that this shows potential is currently being cheapened by everything about the actual fighting and mecha/weapon designs having to be contrived so that Inaho is made to look like this ultimate badass in the most simplistically achievable way possible. The whole tactics thing just really loses it's impact in terms of the whole execution when he never suffers any setbacks or has to make adjustments on the fly that aren't dictated by his own actions. I mean it's not a bad idea, but they're going about it in just about the worst way they possibly could be right now and it's making the fights in the show really boring. Really at this point I'm not entirely unconvinced that this guy couldn't just solo the entire Martian army by himself in a training mech the way they're making it look. Just find a way to drop them all in water, then the problem more or less will solve itself.

Basically it's like the law of Gundam Seed Destiny right now where every battle is utterly predictable and lacks any sort of tension or intrigue cause MC in any mech>Martian in "super mech">any Earth mech not piloted by MC or one of his friends. That's pretty much shaping up to be the template for every single fight scene the way things are going. It's cool if some people find this interesting and think it's just the coolest I guess cause it does try to be really flashy with it and the one liners, but I don't really take too kindly to people trying to indicate that it's somehow unreasonable not to just blindly accept this formula and call it exceptional war scenario writing. I'm speaking from experience in this genre here too by the way, this is far from ideal right now.

Also if the show didn't try to draw so much attention to how clever it thinks it's attempts at including tactics in the mix and a main character in a trainer mech fighting gimmick bosses are I doubt people would complain as much but this show takes itself absolutely deathly seriously in terms of the conflict and clearly thinks it's being incredibly smart so it raises expectations and thus you get more criticism of that aspect than you probably would otherwise see. Besides I've yet to see a specific reason as to how people might be wrong in being underwhelmed by the combat dynamics in this show so much as people complaining that people have misgivings at all. I mean not everybody is just entirely satisfied by rule of cool stuff all the time.
Aug 2, 2014 12:32 PM
Mar 2013
That opening was mad weird.

Your impudent because you want to fight for someone important to you? Ok...

MC Inaho is still a drone but he is practical and gets the job done though.

The battle music on the ship was different...not bad just different.

The guy talked with the king but he was already ratted out as a traitor so now the king will also be a pawn.
Aug 2, 2014 12:32 PM
Aug 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
richter03 said:

Do you really aware what cause the mecha explode ?

Please don't attack Inaho just because he shining then your Slaine.

Yes Richter03 "I are be aware why mecha explodededed when he shining more than our Slaine".

Jesus Christ......just going to sit back and just watch the chaos play out in this thread for a bit.

Because I think you don't.
"It's not really a matter of daring genius against all odds for Inaho when it's mainly just the Martian mechs having these critical oversights in their design that cause them to instantly become worthless if water and a couple of counter measures are invoked."

Their mecha design is nothing to do with this lose, think back to previous episode, the mecha can be damage by a simply throw of a container that mean this mecha armor isn't much thick and in this episode it take a instantly mass of steam blowing that cause by his beam blades. Enemy lose because his ignorance, if he turn off his beam blades instead rise the output power of his beam blades I sure he will survive.

@Vexper
If you like weak MC and love to see a development at the end I think almost MC of shonen ai genre might be give you a good time.
Aug 2, 2014 12:33 PM

Jan 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Bluebirds22 said:

Did you watch the episode? Was a simple explanation why the mecha explode.

What? That mech would have been fine with his swords underwater. But he was forced to heat them up above normal levels to set himself free and they were also blocked near the robot's body by that hug, thus incresing the blast force impact on his own mech even further. If water was a sole weakness there would have been no need to fight him, just blow the ground under him or something similar, lol. Dont spread blind hate pls. Yea, I know that briliant strats without fail from some kid feels like a lame cliche, but hell, I can live with that sole flaw.
Aug 2, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2007
AlexGK said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

What? That mech would have been fine with his swords underwater. But he was forced to heat them up above normal levels to set himself free and they were also blocked near the robot's body by that hug, thus incresing the blast force impact on his own mech even further. If water was a sole weakness there would have been no need to fight him, just blow the ground under him or something similar, lol. Dont spread blind hate pls. Yea, I know that briliant strats without fail from some kid feels like a lame cliche, but hell, I can live with that sole flaw.

Still a tremendous oversight and a result of the opponent being predictably stupid and doing every single thing that Inaho needs to succeed at the exact right moment same as last episode. Seriously everything is basically contrived around having Inaho win pretty much effortlessly, I don't see how it's really possible to deny this. It just feels like making excuses for weak writing. It's also far from the sole flaw in this show to date, the characters in general aside from Slaine and maybe Marito are all pretty much one dimensional role pluggers and kind of bland at that which makes the conflict not particularly compelling or worth caring about the end result of much. It feels like they really bet long on all the explosions and mayhem in the early episodes to set the tone, but that doesn't pay off when the cast consistently lets the show down after the fact.
Aug 2, 2014 12:37 PM

Jan 2011
Setimo said:
StefanMZ said:
Even though this is an anime, where adults are all braindead incompetents and kids are the only capable of being competent, that sounds a bit irrealistic even by anime standards.

Well, adult commanders only discussing dating strategies during battle... mmm, Id classify that as more than "a bit irrealistic even by anime standards" :D
Forget about the small bullshit here and there. Nothing is perfect. But the plot so far has been nothing but refreshing for me and I love it.
AlexGKAug 2, 2014 12:41 PM
Aug 2, 2014 12:40 PM

Jan 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
AlexGK said:

Still a tremendous oversight and a result of the opponent being predictably stupid and doing every single thing that Inaho needs to succeed at the exact right moment same as last episode. Seriously everything is basically contrived around having Inaho win pretty much effortlessly, I don't see how it's really possible to deny this. It just feels like making excuses for weak writing.

If it bothers you so much, then drop it. But I prefer this, cose it makes way more sense that asspull powerups (or the even more shitty power of frendship, love, etc.) that usually fill such shows. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Or go play Tennis or DOTA or Chess, or some other game that has the strategy element of forcing enemies to make predictable mistakes that can lead to deciding the game. Lets get real here, this IS a real life strategy!
AlexGKAug 2, 2014 12:47 PM
Aug 2, 2014 12:41 PM

Oct 2008
I love the fact that every episode thread contains at least 3 pages of discussion about MC-kun, anime-logic and other stuff people dislike and they still don't drop it.

Mar 2014
I really hope that Slaine eventually switches sides. He could join his own race in stopping its extinction, defend the princess, and not be treated like garbage by everyone around him. Sounds like a triple win to me.....

Jul 2014
I made the guess in ep 2 that the Vers Empire would use princess Asylum as a pretext for war against UE and I was right.
"I only studied a little bit of history and I have learned there are two current thoughts in human history. The opinion that there are things worth more than human life and the opinion that there is nothing preferable to life. When the war begins, it is on the pretext of the former type of people and it justify the latter when the war ends"
Aug 2, 2014 12:46 PM

Oct 2007
AlexGK said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Still a tremendous oversight and a result of the opponent being predictably stupid and doing every single thing that Inaho needs to succeed at the exact right moment same as last episode. Seriously everything is basically contrived around having Inaho win pretty much effortlessly, I don't see how it's really possible to deny this. It just feels like making excuses for weak writing.

If it bothers you so much, then drop it. But I prefer this, cose it makes way more sense that asspull powerups (or the even more shitty power of frendship, love, etc.) that usually fill such shows. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Or go play Tennis or DOTA or some other game that has the strategy element of forcing enemies to make predictable mistakes that lead to win or loss.

Except they don't, just for whatever reason people who just watch the big hyped mecha anime from the last several years keep thinking that way. Basically this show measures up incredibly well against the genre strawman of the idiot MC in the OP mech cleaving through everyone, but it's just a strawman, not the actual genre in general. That's about it really.....

And I keep following the show cause as I keep trying to mention I see potential in Slaine and some of the back story, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not starting to waffle a little on even that aspect of the show. 12 episodes pretty much ensures I'll finish at least the first cour and then it's just a matter of taking it from there.

Phoenix1220 said:
I really hope that Slaine eventually switches sides. He could join his own race in stopping its extinction, defend the princess, and not be treated like garbage by everyone around him. Sounds like a triple win to me.....

The show is going to make a habit of Slaine failing completely in everything he attempts to do out of good intentions and possibly having everything backfire in the process as well contrasted with Inaho succeeding in everything he attempts to do out of ???? intentions. Book it.
Aug 2, 2014 12:48 PM
Nov 2013
Slaine better switches sides soon. It sucks seeing him be treated like shit when he's one of the only good Martians.

Inaho was really bad ass, the humans seem like they will have an advantage in the war if they keep letting Inaho devise plans like that.
Aug 2, 2014 12:49 PM

Mar 2013
Phoenix1220 said:

+1

Jan 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
AlexGK said:

Or go play Tennis or DOTA or some other game that has the strategy element of forcing enemies to make predictable mistakes that lead to win or loss.

Except they don't, just for whatever reason people who just watch the big hyped mecha anime from the last several years keep thinking that way. Basically this show measures up incredibly well against the genre strawman of the idiot MC in the OP mech cleaving through everyone, but it's just a strawman, not the actual genre in general. That's about it really.....

And I keep following the show cause as I keep trying to mention I see potential in Slaine and some of the back story, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not starting to waffle a little on even that aspect of the show. 12 episodes pretty much ensures I'll finish at least the first cour and then it's just a matter of taking it from there.

Name a few you consider better than this then. At least when you rant about something, give an example of what you think its better.

Mar 2014
wow, the emperor didn't believe to Slaine and now supports the war cause :c
Inaho shows that fisic & chemistry classes are more important than learn and
train how use the damn robot XD (really,if you are a common soldier you only
thinks shoot to the enemy), and the first ED got back (which I love it x3).

Nov 2011
Competent MCs are the best
Hate Keeps me warm
Aug 2, 2014 12:51 PM
Oct 2010
I'm surprised no one but me has issues with the complete 180 in character the Emperor had in this one episode. I felt that was the worst part of the entire thing.
Aug 2, 2014 12:51 PM
Jul 2014
AlexGK said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Or go play Tennis or DOTA or Chess, or some other game that has the strategy element of forcing enemies to make predictable mistakes that can lead to deciding the game. Lets get real here, this IS a real life strategy!

Same here, just drop it, if it is so hard to watch.
Aug 2, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2010
Loli Asseylum?

“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Aug 2, 2014 12:54 PM

Dec 2009
Those martians are completely unlikable (perhaps this was intended). Hopefully in the future it is explained their hatred toward humans (hopefully this isn't racism).

My biggest complaint though, is Inaho. Even though he is quite competent, he lacks any emotion. This is getting annoying, especially since he never changes his expression. At least we have Slayne and the princess.
Aug 2, 2014 12:58 PM

Sep 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
The show is going to make a habit of Slaine failing completely in everything he attempts to do out of good intentions and possibly having everything backfire in the process as well contrasted with Inaho succeeding in everything he attempts to do out of ???? intentions. Book it.

Slaine was up against the Big Bad (or maybe that's really his father, dun dun dun!) who profits on schemes in a critical scene while Inaho was up against a stupid mid boss nobody cares about.

I don't think that's failing, pretty much showcases Inaho as a plot device for mecha action and little else. Slaine's the one getting the best side of the plot, if you ask me.

y123y said:
Slain is the only reason why I have not dropped this anime. The position that he is in, now that is truly psychological.

WE NEED MORE SLAIN AND LESS MC!!!!! Heck, just make Slain the MC.

And once again, the emotionless MC solves everyone's problems. Inaho is the one (and huge) flaw of this anime.
y123y said:
Slain is the only reason why I have not dropped this anime. The position that he is in, now that is truly psychological.

WE NEED MORE SLAIN AND LESS MC!!!!! Heck, just make Slain the MC.

And once again, the emotionless MC solves everyone's problems. Inaho is the one (and huge) flaw of this anime.

The two of them and the Princess are the protagonists, this is a show with 3 protagonists according to the director. They have different roles.
Aug 2, 2014 12:59 PM

Jan 2011
Joycdonnell said:
wow, the emperor didn't believe to Slaine and now supports the war cause :c
Inaho shows that fisic & chemistry classes are more important than learn and
train how use the damn robot XD (really,if you are a common soldier you only
thinks shoot to the enemy), and the first ED got back (which I love it x3).

Well, that wasnt that hard to guess. The traitors knew Trillram wasnt killed by the asteroids, they got the info that Slaine was the only one with him, and all whats left was to come to the conclusion that Slaine got the info that the princess was assasinated by them and killed Trillram in revenge. Now the next move would be to tell the King. And they got to him first telling him the Terrans have spies and one will come and tell him they assasinated the princess. But Slaine also ended up telling him that the princess is alive - now the traitors know that and things will get hot :D
Aug 2, 2014 12:59 PM

Apr 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:

It wasn't the steam explosion that annoyed me, because crazy oversights like this happen in real life (for example, the US Air Force overlooked the fact that the F-22's stealth coating, which is its one main advantage over every other jet out there, can get washed off... by rainwater lmao epic fail and they didn't even discover this until the jets were complete and been flying for 4 years).

What bothered me more was that Inaho pulled reactive armor plates out of his ass and why no one else on the ship thought about that. Though I guess that was your point, really.

skudoops said:
I'm surprised no one but me has issues with the complete 180 in character the Emperor had in this one episode. I felt that was the worst part of the entire thing.

I could swallow it a little more easily because I've read the supplementary materials on the show's website... the man is in very ill health (he had to retire in 1997 because of sickness but got put back on the throne in 1999, and it doesn't sound like it was his choice) and probably not thinking straight after he lost his son in 1999 (even if said son was an asshole warmonger) and now he thinks he's lost his granddaughter.
Banshee-IVAug 2, 2014 1:03 PM
Aug 2, 2014 1:00 PM

Nov 2009
omega_d94 said:
Cruhteo seems like he is connected to the terrorist, but I might be wrong for this.
Seems the opposite to me: he's actually a pretty decent guy (snobbish upbringing and the resulting sadistic streak aside) who actually cared for the princess and was hesitant about this whole war business at the beginning. This still doesn't sit quite right with him, it seems, because when he was giving Slaine the speech in the previous ep, it was as if he was trying to persuade himself rather than Slaine and his head was turned away, presumably to not let Slaine see doubts on his face. If he knew the princess was alive, he'd probably do everything in his power to rescue and protect her.

Also, after the presumable death of the princess, nothing really stops him from just killing Slaine: no martian would judge him for that, considering that Slaine is an Earthling and they all detest him, but Cruhteo doesn't do it, doesn't even consider it despite Slaine acting out of line.

That's my take on this character anyway. We'll see if I'm right or not soon enough, I guess.
CGAug 2, 2014 1:08 PM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 2, 2014 1:01 PM

Jan 2011
AICW said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

It wasn't the steam explosion that annoyed me, because crazy oversights like this happen in real life (for example, the US Air Force overlooked the fact that the F-22's stealth coating, which is its one main advantage over every other jet out there, can get washed off... by rainwater lmao epic fail and they didn't even discover this until the jets were complete and been flying for 4 years).

What bothered me more was that Inaho pulled reactive armor plates out of his ass and why no one else on the ship thought about that. Though I guess that was your point, really.

Ship commanders were discussing date strategies, how would you expect them to come up with any usefull ideas?
Aug 2, 2014 1:04 PM

Jul 2009
Thess said:
Takako Shimura art (the character designer):

Barion-Zara said:
Dat loli Asseylum <3<3

What a way to save someone...those were some intense "kisses" :3

So Slaine has been there for 5 years? I really thought he'd be around the same age as Asseylum but seems he's quite a bit older.

He's a year older.

source of pic?
Aug 2, 2014 1:05 PM

Apr 2010
AlexGK said:
AICW said:

Ship commanders were discussing date strategies, how would you expect them to come up with any usefull ideas?

lol I shouldn't let that slide in the show, but I do, because I think it's actually kinda funny. Hope it becomes a running gag b/w the capt and her XO.
Aug 2008
since the start, the anime already clearly showed that those Mars Knight are stupid, emotionally unstable, etc. Basically they act and think unlike a soldier, they think and act like a teenager.

if this was "24", our MC is jack bauer, the human is CTU agents, and the Martian is Kim and her friend @ season 1.

Sep 2010
Kurogashi said:
Thess said:
Takako Shimura art (the character designer):

He's a year older.

source of pic?

https://twitter.com/takakoshimura
Aug 2, 2014 1:06 PM

Oct 2008
Wyzdm said:
YurikoRaine said:
I love the fact that every episode thread contains at least 3 pages of discussion about MC-kun, anime-logic and other stuff people dislike and they still don't drop it.

It's an episode discussion thread so what do you expect? Also just because an anime has some flaws doesn't mean people have to drop it.

I just find it hilarious that this discussion is going on for 5 episodes straight - and yes of course, despite the flaws I don't drop Tokyo Ghoul either. It's just nuts in my eyes to keep on nagging about the same handful of points thread after thread and expecting any results.

Dec 2010
This anime is really starting to disappoint me but I'm still watching it in the hopes that it'll come through in the end.

Jan 2011
CG said:
omega_d94 said:
Cruhteo seems like he is connected to the terrorist, but I might be wrong for this.
Seems the opposite to me: hes actually a pretty decent guy (snobbish upbringing and the resulting sadistic streak aside) who actually cared for the princess and was hesitant about this whole war business in the beginning. This still doesn't seat quite right with him, it seems, because when he was giving Slaine a speech in the previous ep, it was as if he was more trying to persuade himself rather than Slaine and his head was turned away, presumably to not let him see doubts on his face. If he knew the princess was alive, he'd probably do everything in his power to rescue and protect her.

Also, after the presumable death of the princess, nothing really stops him from just killing Slaine: no marcian would judge him for that, considering that Slaine is an Earthling and they all detest him, but Cruhteo doesn't do it, doesn't even consider it despite Slaine acting out of line.

That's my take on this character anyway. We'll see if I'm right or not soon enough, I guess.

Cruhteo knew they were up to something. Thats why he said he was sorry he wasnt able to stop the princess from going to Earth. Even if he didnt know the details he still knew the princess was going to die. I think he considered it a needed sacrifice. It remains to be seen how he will act if he learns that she is still alive though. He seems like the kind of guy who goes with the side he thinks will win.
Aug 2, 2014 1:10 PM
Aug 2008
see from different perspetive.

we cant stop talking and discussing about ldnoah Zero because it is interesting. Thats why we discuss the logic, the story, etc.

when we stop discussing, its bad news.
when we cant stop discussing it, it is good :D

someone said:
the opposite of LOVE is not HATE. Its indifference*.

*or ignorance or something.. i forgot.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.