Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 17, 2010 2:12 PM

May 2010
DISAPPOINTMENT. RAGE. I was so looking forward to a nice romance scene. 25 EPISODES HAD BEEN BUILDING FOR THIS. RAAAGHHHH
Jul 2, 2010 7:29 PM

May 2010
Argh, NO KISSING SCENE???!?!?!

Oh well. This no making-out cliche has been happening to me quite a bit with anime.
Good ending.. I hope there'll be another season to round out everything, oh and a kiss with Ren and Kyoko, of course! ^^
Jul 27, 2010 8:33 PM

Apr 2009
Season 2 please..

8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2010 5:20 PM

May 2008
Kyouko's character was interesting at first, but is it me or she is turning Moe. Good series, I was expecting more, but nonetheless I'm looking forward to the next season.
6-7 out of 10.
ClosedCXSep 30, 2010 6:29 PM
Sep 29, 2010 4:06 PM

Feb 2009
robbydesu said:
I was totally not happy with that :(...I want 2nd season.

*sobs in a corner*

Same here. T.T
Oct 27, 2010 4:53 AM
Jun 2009
after putting it off for sooo long i finally got to watch this anime and it was SOOOOO hilarious. the comedic parts are really good, especially when those "mogami spirits" come out.

romance part was ok, not fully developed but there are some moments. i was hoping for some renxmogami moments out there but it suddenly ended and OMG DISAPPOINTAGE!!!

i was left kinda hanging. i think it wan not fit for an ending coz it was TOO open. it didn't even seem like an ending. anyway, it been some time since the anime ended so i was wondering if a season 2 is in the works?
Dec 12, 2010 9:02 AM
Aug 2008
yuzuru19 said:

I know!We didn't even get to see THAT scene>_<

What scene do you exactly mean ???
Dec 14, 2010 6:12 AM
Apr 2008
Oh I'd love to see a second season too.

Unfortunately, we may not see one. Remember that funny law they just passed in Tokyo? The one where the local government, if they decide it's not productive or suitable, will ban certain Anime and Manga?

Well, don't forget that Kyoko is a school dropout, which Shintarō Ishihara THE PRUDE probably won't approve of; in fact he'll probably find it offensive and ... BAN! (Think I'm exaggerating? Ask mangaka Shouko Takaku about what publishers have to say about anime involving children still in school now)

On the off chance that they make a second season, I'm going to be all over that. I don't like the way things ended with the Anime (even ended up grabbing the manga to find out what happens next) and will cheer if they announce more.
Dec 14, 2010 8:56 AM

Sep 2009
danien said:
Oh I'd love to see a second season too.

Unfortunately, we may not see one. Remember that funny law they just passed in Tokyo? The one where the local government, if they decide it's not productive or suitable, will ban certain Anime and Manga?

Well, don't forget that Kyoko is a school dropout, which Shintarō Ishihara THE PRUDE probably won't approve of; in fact he'll probably find it offensive and ... BAN! (Think I'm exaggerating? Ask mangaka Shouko Takaku about what publishers have to say about anime involving children still in school now)

On the off chance that they make a second season, I'm going to be all over that. I don't like the way things ended with the Anime (even ended up grabbing the manga to find out what happens next) and will cheer if they announce more.

I don't know the specifics of the bill but my understanding was that it is aimed at *explicit sexual content*. I'm not sure about the manga but the anime doesn't fit that description IMO. Unless they decide to go off the deep end like a certain anime this season I don't think they'll have any problems.

I'm still holding my breath for a second season, movie, or something. Heck it took three years for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and this is only two years old so I know there is still hope for another season.

Cheers to a second season!
Jan 4, 2011 1:37 PM

Aug 2008
I really enjoyed this anime but the way that that it ended... if you can call it an "ending" at all... really annoyed me. Not a bit of resolution at all. Can hope for second season I suppose but I'll try to find the manga and pick up where this left off as I don't care to wait for something that may never come.

Really sad when they don't animate all the available manga, at least others like Nana managed to do a slightly better job when they stopped though unlike this one... bleh.

8/10 instead of 9 for my irritation :P
Jan 4, 2011 11:14 PM

Oct 2008
I love the manga, and I was holding off on finishing the series for a while because I wanted to hear the good news about a second season. But I finally watched the rest of it, and it ended right after all the groundwork was laid out!!!!! Noooooooo, they really need to do more of this I still love the manga but the anime was soo good too, they really have to make more of it makes me sad that it was going to start getting really good then it just ends. (Almost as frustrating as where they ended Kare kano!)

The anime is so good 10/10 but it's so unfinished they can't let me down here!
Really needs another season badly!!!!
Jan 5, 2011 6:17 PM

Jul 2009
Well the "ending" wasn't that good lols, I mean they stopped right in the middle of the arc! XD
Ah well I really did enjoy watching this, the chibis and humour were awesome. Characters and plot good too lol, music was OK. Still it was quite fun to watch, and will there be a second season ...? I mean they certainly have enough material I think ... well, let's see XD 9/10
Jan 11, 2011 1:49 PM

Oct 2010
That was a very good series, but DAMN what an ending! I checked 100 times if episode 25 was the last and then I read somewhere that there won't be a second until June :@. 9/10 because I thought it was a great comedy/romance anime especially the comedy part!
Feb 13, 2011 12:34 PM
Apr 2010
Damn! it was ended like that?

it was good anime one of the best comedy romance ive seen

but it ended like that even though Ren couldnt Confess to Kyoko
Feb 16, 2011 1:43 PM

May 2010
Great, now it's going to take years before another season comes out
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 18, 2011 8:19 PM
Aug 2009
Very great show.
But now i am wondering, is there actually a novel called dark moon that goes that like is it complete fiiction?
it sounds interesting.
Mar 2, 2011 12:55 AM

Oct 2010
I knew they couldnt fit a good ending with one episode left
I really hope they make a second season :(
Apr 4, 2011 9:40 AM

Sep 2010
Confucius said:
Great, now it's going to take years before another season comes out

but i dont want in many years...
i want now... *puppy eyes with tears*
Apr 11, 2011 9:40 AM

Jun 2010
I feel your pain.. but there's a chance there won't even be a second season. There aren't many shoujo series that get another season.. For instance: Ouran High School Host Club and Fruits Basket never got their second season and were more popular and sold more..
Apr 17, 2011 4:03 PM
Jan 2011
I loved the last episode like i love all of them sooo much! I think that they should make a second season because recently there have been so many more series that have a second season! Like i can list more than 10 right now. (Kimi ni Todoke, Letter Bee, Black Butler, To aru Majutsu no Index, Bakuman, Yumeiro P., and other stuff) !!!! And Skip Beat deserves a second season!!
May 6, 2011 6:29 AM

Apr 2009
Ah damn it all, that was it? T_T I'm gonna miss the good balance in comedy (especially Kyoko's ever-changing mini-devil spirits, LOL) and the drama in this series. I'll wait for the second season if ever it comes out. Maybe I'll pick the manga in the future.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 18, 2011 9:17 AM
May 2011
So, what volume did this anime stopped? (nvm it's on ch.66 v11)

I really wish this would be a regular, y'know, like bleach, naruto, and one piece. It's goddamn funny I clap my hands sometimes in amazement. The soundtracks are damn fine too.
Zhao1911May 18, 2011 9:22 AM
May 29, 2011 7:02 PM

Dec 2010
wow, i was really enjoying this and the ending just leaves you hanging like that D: keeping my fingers crossed this one gets a second season...
Jun 17, 2011 6:18 AM

May 2008
Thats it?!! NOOOO.... I want more! I want to see Ren and Kyoko more and (alright) even Sho.

Well, the anime was fun to watch but for now i'll just have to enjoy reading the manga while i wait for season two (if there is one)

BADGES: ll MUSIC LOVER ll [TSC] ll C.C.O ll
Jun 23, 2011 6:46 PM
Dec 2008
I rly rly rly rly NEED a 2nd season o_O

Someone help me!
Is there gonna be one? Is it happening? Anyone knows? Expectations? Dates? I NEED IT Y_Y!!!
Jul 3, 2011 8:21 PM

Jun 2009
WTF!!
NO WAY!!
This can't be T.T
I was going to give a 10 to this but I just can't.
I hope they at least MAKE a second season this year. I don't think so since the time and all but yeah they HAVE to.
This is such a waste. Kyoko isn't famous. Ren and Kyoko are not cpl....and what happened to the friend? Nothing.
I'm seriously mad right now...
Jul 7, 2011 3:21 PM

Dec 2008
aw, thats disapointing, this is not an ending to a show, this is not even an end to an arc imo. they left too much stuff unfinished for the anime to be done.

great show though i hope they'll come to their senses and make another season.
Jul 19, 2011 2:10 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Why would they do like that?! TT^TT
The series itself was high above average... but this ending.. I'm not satisfied ._.

No announcement about a 2nd season yet either.. =w=

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Oct 2, 2011 11:35 PM

Nov 2007
Omgggggggggg, I cannot believe they didn't show us what happens! OMG. UGH.

Actually, I kind of like that. It's a different ending that really makes you want more. Sure, Ren knows he loves Kyouko now but she is pretty far away from falling in love with him. And Shou isn't going to back away, either. Can't wait to find out what happens!

Overall: the art wasn't that great, and the animation wasn't anything spectacular. However the plot was pretty much free of holes and the pacing was good. The characters are the best thing about this show, though. They're fun, they're interesting, they're distinctive from one another and they're consistent. I really enjoyed watching this and it's been a while that I've felt that way about a shoujo anime. I'm giving this a 6/10 which is a good score from me! Haha. Will be hurriedly read the manga to catch up now.
Nov 12, 2011 10:17 PM

Aug 2010
Well...that was kinda disappointing I mean that wasn't even an "end"
I'm giving this an 8/10 because of the "end" otherwise it will be higher because I truly enjoyed the series as a whole (mostly because of Kyouko's character).

On a side note (I'm so getting burned for this..) lol I didn't really like Tsuruga even though he is a really nice guy and all but for some reason I didn't like his character (well I didn't like Sho either but he served his purpose).
Jan 23, 2012 6:09 PM

Dec 2008
Such a good show and yet show a rushed ending. :\ There better be a 2nd season.

I guess I'll have to start the manga soon.
Mar 5, 2012 7:43 PM

Sep 2011
Anime completed in 2009. *looks at year* Yeah... will this even get a 2nd season? (even though its warranted) It was still able to strike a 7/10 for me though. =p
Mar 23, 2012 11:01 PM

Mar 2009
There's not going to be a second season. The anime is useless compared to the manga. its a joke that they stopped it so early. its not even 1/4 of the manga, waste of time. the manga has sooo much stuff in it and they couldnt even wait and do a real full anime for it. such a huge disappointment. if you all really liked this anime, you need to read the manga. right now its at 186 chapters.
Apr 10, 2012 5:55 AM
Jan 2009
Maybe they are waiting for the end of the manga? And then make short series to the end. I have no idea about manga, but if I have time, I'll read it. But I think, they'd so.
Apr 10, 2012 10:26 AM
Oct 2007
悔し.. I'm definitely not satisfied with the last episode especially knowing there is no season 2 announcement thus far.

I had the show on hold since episode 5 for slightly more than two years as it started out boring for me. However I took a liking gradually to the characters and story plot watching those episodes continuously instead of waiting a whole week.

The first OP and ED was good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2012 9:39 PM

Oct 2010
This show was great. It made it to my top 5. It had everything.

Kyouko is such an awesome character. She's on my favorite character list now too. I was going to add the voice actor to my favorites, but it turns out I already had her there (for doing the voice of Kana in Minami-Ke). Such an awesome personality, jumping around from thoughtful and reflective, to furious and vindictive, to despair, to caring, embarrassed, sorrow... Just fun to watch.

The story is so multidimensional. I mean, look:

There's a serious story going on with a really good plot about betrayal, heartbreak, revenge, all the steps taken in this new career, childhood relationships, friendship, and love.

At the same time, there's a real interesting depth to the show regarding becoming a celebrity and acting. It's the kind of depth you might see from other shows that have a very narrow focus, such as a show about a sport or a game. I really enjoyed all those acting scenes where they explained the script, characters, motivations, etc. and Kyouko had to search her soul until the answer clicked for her. It's was really engrossing, dramatic, and even brilliant. It never felt cheap.

And even with both these plot aspects being so strong, it managed to make it hilarious and lighthearted with all the hyperbole and exaggerations that are shown literally, like getting stabbed through the heart by a cruel statement, the dark aura around someone that others can sense, literally acting out what they are saying... Well, there are really too many great comedic aspects to mention.

I loved that the characters had a serious side, but then would so often be shown in cute "chibi" form, like caricatures of their former selves, both visually and behaviorally. It made the characters much more likable. A bunch of characters would have been too serious (and so not funny) if it wasn't for that, like the eccentric president of LME, Tsuruga, even Sho. They could have let us hate Sho, but like just about every other character, they showed a funny childish side to him, so you actually could sympathize and just laugh at him.

I have to say that I thought Tsuruga and Sho had more depth to them than I anticipated as well. They seemed like they would be cold and one dimensional, but they showed more realistic and varied personalities as the show went on. For example, they brought up how Tsuruga had a habit of keeping a straight face when he was happy, and there was quite a bit of focus on minor changes in his behavior that others around him noticed, showing that there was much more going on inside his head than he would show. The difference between his fake and genuine smile was another big one.

The music and sound effects deserve mention too. The music tracks really emphasized the rapidly changing moods of the show. Quirky/funny/happy, dramatic/serious, confrontational/dreadful... it was all enjoyable. And the sound effects really made the comedy even more lively.

Anyway, this show is easily a 10/10 for me.
May 7, 2012 8:29 PM

Jun 2008
As a HUGE fan of Skip Beat! I contacted Kiyoko Sayama via her blog about a season 2. this was the response i got.

Re: Skip Beat! (Kiyoko Sayama)
2012-05-07 18:11:00
Thank You for staying as the Fan of Skip Beat!.
I Would Also Like to make a Season2.
for That purpose, many staff's power is required.
My Being ABLE to do it Individually is only Continuing Conveying this "Desire to make a Season2 "to a production company.
Once, many DID the signature-Collecting Fans Campaign.
I am very glad, if the zeal Reaches a production company and a second Season is REALIZED. The round-table which I Planned this time Talk Does not offer the Information on my work. It is Difficult to reply to each question Also this blog by. Please ask the Information on each company a production work.

SOOO i'm going to try my best to get ahold of different companies and emailing them the petitions that have been created. we need to gain someones attention with this!

JOIN MY FACEBOOK PAGE FOR LEGIT UPDATES ON SEASON TWO! https://www.facebook.com/SkipBeatLetsBeHeard#
keiinyaoilandMay 7, 2012 10:23 PM
May 12, 2012 7:59 AM
Apr 2012
I still don't get why shoutarou is a main, i rarely saw him though out the anime
Oct 7, 2012 4:47 AM

Oct 2008
What a cruel way to end the first seaaon. Well, I liked the series in general though so I guess it's fine. Ren has fully realized his feelings for Kyoko and now he's finally back on the shoot. There's just so many things to look forward to!
Nov 7, 2012 2:20 PM

Jun 2009
I for one am glad it ended like this, instead of going for a potentially crappy anime only ending. Going this route helps a possible continuation down the road AND allows the reader to pick up the manga where the anime left off. So, I really have no problem with the "just another episode" feel this had for the most part.

As far as the series its self? It was fantastic. Definitely one of the finest shoujo/josei series I've seen, just slightly behind the likes of Nana and Honey and Clover. Which is just about the biggest and best compliment I could ever give, I think. Really like the leads, Kyouko and Ren as well. So, I'll definitely be reading the manga at some point.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 11, 2012 6:50 PM

Nov 2009
I don't know why it took me so long to watch this but I only started it yesterday and that's me marathoned it.

I havent marathoned a 25 episode series in over a year lol.

Kyouko is one of the best protagonists I've seen. I loved her in her "Mio" role, so wonderfully dark.

I, like everyone else am sitting wondering if we will ever see a season 2. I'd have to imagine there would be enough manga out to cover that now. I mean...she hasn't even really debuted yet, she is still in the "Love Me" section until she finds what she lacks.
Feb 12, 2013 4:58 PM

Jan 2012
Seriously, that's it? This was one of the most enjoyable shows I could name and that was the ending? Give me a break. Wow, this was just bad. Anyway, ending aside, the show itself was amazing.

Mar 13, 2013 11:44 AM

Feb 2013
I'm happy and sad at the same time. I love the manga and the anime did a good job of portraying the manga, but they stopped too suddenly. I want more! I think they should continue to make more episodes to catch up with the manga.
Apr 21, 2013 3:39 PM

May 2012
So the final episode ends with the story most likely just in the middle, with no sight in a second season this is rather sad! The actual story and concept could actually be very promising if they proceeded with the story!

The story until now was very decent, had a nice buildup towards this episode, with a nice pace and character development! But I atleast wanted to see her revenge and well now I even more want to see them get together!

If ever a second season would be made I'm sure to watch it! Just loved it!
May 20, 2013 2:23 AM

Jun 2012
I love this anime but I expected more from this episode. I wanted to see Tsurugas acting :'O !!!!!!

p.s. I agree with Boba ^ I will watch second season too if it come out one day :)
Oct 11, 2013 6:12 PM

Sep 2013
wtf D: not imrpessed :'( such a great series... but that ending...
Nov 8, 2013 8:29 PM

Jul 2010
Oh no they didn't.I seriously hate when this happens...it was going so great and now it feels like they literally paused the series.Second season probably won't be made as well...eh, its so hard to be an anime watcher.
I might read manga in near future.We'll see ._.

Anyways 8/10.I had some really nice and enjoyable marathon with Skip Beat!.At first i thought i wouldn't enjoy it as much, because the setting was way too shoujo-ish, but surprisingly i really liked it.
Male characters design is horrible tho.
Nov 21, 2013 12:29 AM

Jul 2009
It's finally over T___T

Kyouko's acting is really amazing!! glad she's progressing smoothly!!

that Itsumi girl seems hell bent on down playing Ren like that.

yes!! finally Kyouko spent the night with Ren!! though Ren was disappointing T__T

he's really clueless about love huh?? he always hides his feelings through his smile. and just like the President of LME said, it'll all someday pop and you won't be able to control it!

Ren just stared to Kyouko for like a minute!! he didn't even look at her properly when he's sending her off home :(

looks like Corn save that day!!! i really wanted to see if it truly is Ren who gave her the stone :D

wow we saw a lot of old casts!! Ruri chan!! the three ladies the are training, Erika, and even Moko-san!!! Fuwa Sho being pissed as always!!

it's really shame they ended just as when things are now heating up!! definitely one of the biggest cliff hangers ever!!!

looks like i'll be reading the manga from now on since it's been 5 years now since the anime aired and still no sign of second season T__T

why do you torture us like this!!! i wonder what's the hold up?? license issue? no company willing to adapt? budget issues?

i'll give it a 9/10 since i enjoyed the comedy, plus the romance scene we're really well done!!!

please Nakamura, Yoshiki!!! we want season 2!!!!
Mar 12, 2014 6:35 PM
Mar 2014
gato03 said:
i was watching the episode normally then halfway through i remembered that it was the last episode and i was like "wth at this pace its going to have a bad ending" and damn i was right, i really hope they make a second season
ikr i checked at only one minute left and im like WHERES THE SCENE NOOOOOOO FUDGE CHOCOLATE ICINGGGGGG
Mar 23, 2014 7:20 AM

May 2013
it has been 5 years since I saw the last episode for the first time, and I still am waiting for season 2 o/

but, I am reading the manga so I dont really care anymore, I just want the people that dont read the manga enjoy this show D:
¨I´d rather die a hero, that kill a failure¨~RedLikeARose

meaning I'd rather help others than to commit suicide without even a notice on the internet
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 30, 2008

51 by Pinkyminky87 »»
Sep 3, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 8, 2009

56 by eaticia »»
Mar 10, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Mar 15, 2009

27 by Yuki8160 »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 8 Discussion

Annisa - Nov 24, 2008

34 by s4gail0na »»
Feb 21, 2023 1:02 PM

» Is it bad that i watched this for the acting part and not the romance part

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Jul 2, 2022

13 by Mahificient_79 »»
Jul 3, 2022 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.