Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 4, 2010 6:50 PM
Jun 2010
Does anyone think this hairstyle is impossible to pull off?

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m315/game_luver/ChoiYodah1.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m315/game_luver/ChoiYodah2.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m315/game_luver/ChoiIda.jpg

I'm a girl (just like the character in the manga) with long hair. My hair is extremely curly so I know for sure that I'll have to straighten my hair. I also know that I definitely have long enough hair to try and pull this off. But this is my first time ever trying an anime/manga hairstyle. Anybody have any ideas on what items I would need and some steps on how to achieve this hairstyle?

Right now I'm thinking that the first step would be is to get a bunch of layers in my hair but I'm not so sure.

I've tried looking around on youtube and google but it hasn't help me much so I've came here for help! :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 4, 2010 7:03 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, I'd definitely get some layers. Looks scenish to me. Thin it out at the bottom I suppose, make sure you keep it super volumized at the top. Teasing would probably work, and straightening of course. I think I've seen similar realistic hairstyles, but none with the huge bandanna thingy.

If you google "scene haircuts", you'll probably get the idea.
Jun 4, 2010 7:08 PM

Jul 2009
Kittenia said:
Yeah, I'd definitely get some layers. Looks scenish to me. Thin it out at the bottom I suppose, make sure you keep it super volumized at the top. Teasing would probably work, and straightening of course. I think I've seen similar realistic hairstyles, but none with the huge bandanna thingy.

This, pretty much.

Just really thin it out, and tease the top. Would take a bit of effort to keep the top all poofed out (and straightening).. so seems kinda :effort: but whatever.

I am sure if you showed a hairstylist that picture they could figure it out.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Jun 4, 2010 7:14 PM

Apr 2009
yes i've seen it before irl. it can be done.

Xiaoling Squirrel; baddest rodent in the forest.

Jun 4, 2010 7:23 PM
Oct 2008
I would print out the pictures and take them to a good hairdressor. They should be able to recreate the style. At a guess, they would need to straighten and layer your hair (but not the type of layers where you can see the cutting lines if that makes sense. They will need to break up the lines a bit - don't know the technical terms, sorry). It should look quite good regardless without too much effort if cut properly but if you want that defined, volumous look, you will probably need to blow dry it each morning and use a bit of product. The hairdresser should also be able to show you how to do this properly by yourself and what product to use.
Jun 4, 2010 8:28 PM
Feb 2010
Kittenia said:

Yep, this hairstyle is definitely possible. It's actually a pretty typical "scene" hairstyle.

Jun 4, 2010 8:55 PM
Jun 2010
O: really?! I always thought scene hairstyles was more like extra poofy hair that was smoothed at the top?

anyone wanna look up a RL picture that's almost similar to the hairstyle on the manga? :D
MizukiYodahJun 4, 2010 9:23 PM
Jun 4, 2010 8:59 PM

Jan 2010
Jun 5, 2010 6:16 AM

Feb 2008
People can even pull of these kind of hairs:

So complicated, just get hairstyle like I have - none, just like Chiang or shaolin.
spupapiJun 5, 2010 6:19 AM
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Jun 5, 2010 6:30 AM

Apr 2009
^lmao XDDD
nice one
Jun 5, 2010 9:15 AM

Mar 2005
^ Oh crap, I laughed at that one.
Jun 5, 2010 10:40 AM
Dec 2009
I think they may have back in the 80's, with them hair bands. I am sure one of those high rock band dudes did his hair like that once or twice.
Shuck Face / Slinthead!
Jun 5, 2010 10:42 AM

Apr 2010
Sucrose said:
...She's kinda cute...
Jun 5, 2010 11:10 AM

Feb 2008
Sucrose said:

"lol...we asians take so many time to finish hairstyling at home... :p"
- Comment on youtube

Cannot agree more. Every morning I have to powder my beautifuly shaved head, pick up all white hair, clean it with special ingredient - water, put some gel to make my head shiny and sparkle; takes me really really long time.
spupapiJun 5, 2010 11:13 AM
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".

Jun 5, 2010 12:36 PM
Feb 2010
Not impossible, no.
I think it's a good idea to take the picture into the hairdressers.
And like others said it's the "Scene hairstyle" that's what it is commonly labelled as.
Jun 5, 2010 12:38 PM

Dec 2008
spupapi said:

So complicated, just get hairstyle like I have - none, just like Chiang or shaolin.

lol wft is that
Jun 5, 2010 3:39 PM

Feb 2008
its a pigXD
Jun 5, 2010 7:44 PM

May 2010
spupapi said:
Sucrose said:

"lol...we asians take so many time to finish hairstyling at home... :p"
- Comment on youtube

Cannot agree more. Every morning I have to powder my beautifuly shaved head, pick up all white hair, clean it with special ingredient - water, put some gel to make my head shiny and sparkle; takes me really really long time.

spupapi said:

LOL
Have the bridges of insanity been crossed and forever retracted?
Am I standing among a thousand selves? Is the multitude of laughters mine alone?
Jun 6, 2010 6:29 AM

Mar 2009
Some are impossible, but not all are. It depends.
Jun 6, 2010 2:31 PM

Nov 2009
You could probably make any hairstyle with the right amounts of hair gel. Getting it to stay indefinitely is another matter entirely.

Jun 6, 2010 6:00 PM

Mar 2007
actually you don't need ALOT of hairgel, you have to have the right hair though...

Gatsby has some pretty good how too's especially for men. They have how to's for Ichigo(bleach), L(DeathNote), etc. Who cares if you like/dislike the characters, the models make it look actually pretty darn good. Like something you could do on a regular day. But you gotta find them yourself.

As for me, my hair isn't very mallable, its jet black and flat, so it tends to either go one way or another. And i don't know a hairstylist that will do it like in the videos. I've tried to explain it to them but all they do is fuck up my hair. So i'm sure its all based on what kind of hair you have

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jun 6, 2010 11:14 PM

Mar 2010
Pathetic typical hairstyles. Nothing creative these days. Imagination is declining rapidly within the masses.
Jun 7, 2010 2:41 AM

Jan 2010
Gatsby used to be pretty popular here in Australia too.
Has all these different types for different hairstyles.
Like you could have this wet looking one - blue I think,
A really messy one for hair that just looks like some wind flushed through it - grunge mat/gray
And then the one in the vid (I got this), Spikey Edge - pink which is like really firm spikes, messy-ish hair.

I agree, there's no originality these days.
ROFL

Most of those hairstyles dyed down here, being labelled "tb" and stuff.
Jun 7, 2010 4:53 AM

May 2008
Well you can always ask the Korean hair cutter :D They're really good with making Anime-ish hair. I went to this Korean saloon & got my hair done there so why don't you find one xD

Love is filled with mystery
Jun 7, 2010 5:32 AM

Feb 2008
Rantzoid said:
Well you can always ask the Korean hair cutter :D They're really good with making Anime-ish hair. I went to this Korean saloon & got my hair done there so why don't you find one xD

Anime hairstyle looks pretty much weak comparing to this.
Can koeran make this kind of hair? Korean seems too playful to me, maybe that's why they tend to have fancy hairstyle, clothes and style.

C'mon, how can you say this kid is not cute.

I call this "runway".
spupapiJun 7, 2010 5:37 AM

Jun 7, 2010 5:56 AM

May 2008
spupapi said:
Rantzoid said:

Anime hairstyle looks pretty much weak comparing to this.
Can koeran make this kind of hair? Korean seems too playful to me, maybe that's why they tend to have fancy hairstyle, clothes and style.

I call this "runway".

Hmm..I'm not sure but I think the professional Koreans? but I've seen people with weird hair style when they came out of the saloon but if you want an Anime hairstyle then they could ask the person who made the image which spupapi posted first with lion hair cut. :P & LOL at the end on the image xD

I think to make it look like that girl in the manga you should put wax to make it look messy like that girl but just on the important sides and make your hair thin & make lots of layers.

Love is filled with mystery
Jun 7, 2010 6:32 AM

Mar 2010

This one looks typically like 80's hairstyle, so if you really want to look old-fashioned, sure you can.

Edit: pictures
kwizatzJun 7, 2010 6:56 AM

Jun 7, 2010 8:38 AM

Mar 2007
Shifter-Rage said:
Pathetic typical hairstyles. Nothing creative these days. Imagination is declining rapidly within the masses.

...says the emodeathmetal guy with the world of warcraft looking character as an avatar. Quit being so emo and non conformist and kill yourself already. As for those "lol" haircuts, no point in commenting on them, since they're best left for 4chan

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.