Forum Settings
Forums

Is MAL secretly collaborating with governments?

New
5 hours ago

Jul 2023
Back when I was in middle school, seventh grade, I think, I added Hitler to my MAL favorites. It was just immature behavior you could expect from any teenager, I wasn’t a nazi or anything. And then, the very next week, our history teacher suddenly decides to have a class about the horrors of the holocaust. It wasn't in the syllabus. At the end of the lesson, she says, and I quote, “The echoes of history are never as distant as we think,” and gives me this... look. Nothing like that ever happens after that.

Freshman year of high school, I watch Elfen Lied and give it a 1/10 cuz it's trash. I roasted it hard in a private message to my friend who liked it. The show is trying hard to make you feel sad 4 hours straight at your face. In the private message to my friend, I insulted the show, its themes, and I insulted the author. Private message. Then that week, the kid who sat next to me in one of our classes-- he has autism by the way, very odd dude but really nice, really quiet—suddenly, inexplicably, moves to the other side of the room. There was no explanation. He just... started sitting somewhere else. Did he get called by a teacher?

Now, here I am, deeper into high school. A couple months ago, I got into binging military and sci-fi anime. Recently, I started watching Muv Luv Alternative. The next day, we have P.E class. Our coach—I realize he’s staring at me while I’m running. Not just counting the laps I'm running, but a particular stare. After class, he walks up to me, and, with this weird smile, says, “You ever think about serving?” Like, what?

I thought he was just making small talk, so I awkwardly smiled back, but this dude had barely said more than five words to me the whole time I’ve been in high school. Weird stuff. It made me feel so weird that I didn't even take a shower.

My list is on private, and I doubt he is one of my 16 friends on MAL. I know that it's weird to post it on here, but has anyone else ever had things like this happen? I'm just making these weird connections, right? I’m probably overthinking all this... but I'm curious to hear what you'll think, and who knows, maybe someone else has had things like this happen to them. Anyway, if anyone has military anime recommendations, hit me up.
4 hours ago

Oct 2010
what are you talking about, there is no muv luv anime? you must be living in the extra universe
4 hours ago

Feb 2020
"Is MAL secretly collaborating with governments?"

It's time to take a chill pill, buddy.

Serafos2 hours ago
4 hours ago

Aug 2021
The entire internet must be under surveillance, so I don't know.

4 hours ago

Jun 2024
I wonder what @DesuMaiden has to say about this.
4 hours ago

Jul 2021
You are most likely right, they are collaborating
4 hours ago
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
MAL actually is a big experiment to find proper pilots for the Eva.
4 hours ago

Jun 2024
This is unfortunate. You will be serving the government sooner or later. Good luck. Making your anime list private won't change anything. They're in your walls. You can hear their voices, right?

It's inevitable.
4 hours ago

Sep 2018
In away yes. Mostly all websites must comply with gov rules.
4 hours ago

Jun 2017
I just came out of jail last week.... The government put me in solitary confinement for putting Gabi in my favorites

They can brainwash me all they want, but Gabi is the goat
4 hours ago

Feb 2011
Muv-Luv needs to be read, not watched.
4 hours ago

Jan 2021
'Is MAL secretly collaborating with governments?'

is this a conspiracy i ask?

Migi... Handle the defence.
4 hours ago

Aug 2013
Reply to Shizuna
Muv-Luv needs to be read, not watched.
@Shizuna Same goes for Grisaia, Higurashi and Stein;Gate.
3 hours ago

Aug 2013
Big Brother is watching you. We all sold our privacy for free internet services as social media and having emails.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

If digital buying isn't owning, then piracy isn't stealing
3 hours ago

Sep 2016
Perhaps they're collaborating with the CCP, that would explain why Donghua are allowed on this site.
3 hours ago

Jun 2024
lostsymphonies said:
Now, here I am, deeper into high school.

Hm, I think I see what the problem is here
2 hours ago

Oct 2022
Oh sweet summer child... MAL IS the goverment.

They have been purchasing all these platforms to catch people that they cant see on social media.
2 hours ago

Jul 2022
Is MAL secretly collaborating with governments?

Obviously not.

They actually collaborate out in the open, as there's nothing secret about it.

Anime on the whole is just a psyop anyway, so it isn't surprising that an anime database would play a role in that.

The truth is out there; all you have to do is look.
2 hours ago

Dec 2015
The answer is no.

1. Coincidence and if you ain't having the major stuff of WWII in syllabus than what kind of school is that?
2. You don't need to be called out to sit in other place [if you're not in special school the seat are not even reserved to someone] maybe that dude didn't like you.
3. Body Language and posture can reveal a lot, military is about physique.

Also what teachers have to do with gov at first place?

If you want a good example which will show you the difference between what you've said and what my buddy has experienced: In highschool when we were drinking vodka, the pollice arrived to us [drinking in public, minors - breaking law] to make simple routine with us to tell to change location and they say additionally to my buddy privately [I just overheard it and later buddy told me it anyway] they said to him to stop browsing what he was browsing in the internet [shock content, gore NSFW].
And even if Police has a view on it, it doesn't mean it is collaborating with "gov", I suppose you've read or heard too much of american conspiracy theories and memes about FBI watching everyone moves and activities in the internet x)

More topics from this board

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9457 by Kenny_Stryker »»
7 minutes ago

» why are women being so unseen as audience ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Oct 13

154 by TransferUser »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you think shorter anime will become a norm?

Zakatsuki_ - Yesterday

38 by Vampire_Lord »»
13 minutes ago

» Your waifu has small tits, how do you cope?

Catalano - 4 hours ago

27 by Purple_Gh0st24 »»
18 minutes ago

» Have your experienced an anime season which not even a single anime interest you? What do you do when that happens?

Rinrinka - 3 hours ago

26 by Vampire_Lord »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.