Forum Settings
Forums
New
11 hours ago
May 2022
I'm suggesting (something that has probably been suggested) that a new section be added to the listings areas (anime & manga). A lot of people have issues with wanting to private their lists, but can't as they wish to show people their recommended, and end up making a second account to hide it. I personally don't as I don't care, my profile is completely open for all (unrelated entirely). There's also the issue of hentai just massively taking up a lot of "space", in that a series is only two or three episodes long, making your lists appear much longer than they are, and much harder to sort or look through. For example, my anime section has a total of 956 entries as of right now; however, out of the nearly thousand entries, 403 are hentai, making my list uselessly bloated with ~42% of my entries being hentai. I just believe this would overall help the cleanliness of sorting on the site and allow more privacy for individual users, whilst cutting down on duplicate accounts. I will read comments and place a poll for general thoughts. Thanks for your time.
---Dubh
I'm here for the fandom arguments
4 hours ago
Heavy Sleeper

Jun 2009
No. I don't think introducing a new category/separate list is the best way to address these issues.

What if I want to hide not a hentai, but an ecchi like "Kiss x Sis"?

The "problem" when a certain genre is taking a lot of "space" is not unique to hentai. Shorts, animated music videos or ads are not even 2-3 episodes long, but a 1-3 minutes long and they can inflate your list very easily. An entry is an entry.
4 hours ago

Jan 2009
they have a plan to make users hide hentai on their list but as usual mal developers are so slow

More topics from this board

» Show what network an anime airs on?

inklingboi08 - Jan 6

3 by inklingboi08 »»
1 hour ago

» Please do anything with the app

V17ORED - Sep 22

3 by deg »»
Yesterday, 2:34 PM

» Prevent very new accounts from creating public interest stacks (And recommendations).

Daviljoe193 - Sep 21

23 by Daviljoe193 »»
Yesterday, 2:26 PM

» The "related entries" redesign is atrocious

FurMetarArkemist - Jun 4

15 by Lucifrost »»
Sep 29, 9:02 AM

» GIF is slowly but surely being replace by Video formats like WebM so MAL should update to it too

deg - Oct 11, 2014

27 by traed »»
Sep 29, 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.