Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 12, 6:05 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
I'll start. Big Boy made some pasta with vegetables and minced pork.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 12, 6:28 AM

Jul 2024
Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken, Zucchini Noodles, Grilled Asparagus..
No pics.
Sep 12, 7:12 AM

Jul 2013
I'm not dumb enough to post pics of myself on the Internet, Dear OP.
Sep 12, 7:17 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Reply to DesuMaiden
I'm not dumb enough to post pics of myself on the Internet, Dear OP.
@DesuMaiden Just erase EXIF data from the photo and you're safe.
Sep 12, 7:22 AM

Jul 2021
what the fuck, is that real? is she that small or is the bowl so big
Sep 12, 7:23 AM

Feb 2020
I'm on Day 3 of Pea & Ham Soup. It makes many servings, idc though...is food.

Sep 12, 7:54 AM

Dec 2021
BigBoyAdvance said:
Just erase EXIF data from the photo and you're safe.

He's probably worried we'll find out that he still lives in Kitchener Ontario, based on a reflection of his window from the rim of his plate.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Sep 12, 11:36 AM

Jul 2021
I fully expected the thread to be gone by now lol
Anyway, got home a couple minutes ago, eating pickles, life good. What about other MALtards???
Sep 12, 11:47 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I will be eating a bit later. You can imagine what it will be.
Sep 12, 1:13 PM

Jul 2010
Well I'm kinda bored so here we go, some sunflower seeds.

Sep 12, 1:31 PM

Dec 2015
Ain't too hungry so my dinner is a slavic croissant, with some parmesan cheese, gouda cheese, prosciuto cotto ham and ketchup as I ain't having any specific sauces.
And I've heated it in microwave as I like it this way.
[there's no translation in English for the Polish name of that bread, besides "croissant" which is a different type]

Edit: Turns out it wasn't enough so gonna enjoy these bad boys - Kinder penquin, Kinder chocolates, Lays with some ketchup already prepared a dipper cup, some coca cola which isn't visible in the photo cause I was already drinking it while taking a photo and a final touch for each meal which is a cigarette.

ZettaikenSep 12, 1:48 PM
Sep 12, 2:01 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Zettaiken
Ain't too hungry so my dinner is a slavic croissant, with some parmesan cheese, gouda cheese, prosciuto cotto ham and ketchup as I ain't having any specific sauces.
[there's no translation in English for the Polish name of that bread, besides "croissant" which is a different type]

Edit: Turns out it wasn't enough so gonna enjoy these bad boys - Kinder penquin, Kinder chocolates, Lays with some ketchup already prepared a dipper cup, some coca cola which isn't visible in the photo cause I was already drinking it while taking a photo and a final touch for each meal which is a cigarette.

@Zettaiken
Based Kinder Penguin xddddd
Sep 12, 2:49 PM

Jan 2008
Reply to Zettaiken

@Zettaiken You know, smoking will be the death of you.
Sep 12, 2:54 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to ZakuF_
@Zettaiken You know, smoking will be the death of you.
@ZakuF_ It can be, most likely will be if I ain't quitting. Tho I plan quitting in few years. All of my family members [except for my cousin's daughter as she's 13 rn so I guess she ain't smoking, tho many of my buddies started at her age so you never know...] are past smokers/still addicted to smoking and those who aren't alive didn't passed away due to smoking. [I wonder if genetics can have an influence if someone is more or less vulnerable]

And now quoting the most common answer in my country:
you have to die from something [something - smoking context]

And the second one which is more of humour:
I need to feed the pet/cancer. [Context - In Polish, word for cancer means also a crayfish]
ZettaikenSep 12, 2:57 PM
Sep 12, 2:55 PM

Jan 2008
I am drinking water from my nifty red cup.

Sep 12, 3:27 PM

Mar 2008
If a mod sees this, dont lock the thread for listing or delete it for spam just move it to forum games since it fits that format due to how time based it is.
Sep 12, 3:55 PM

May 2013
Not gonna take a picture of a few raspberries.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Sep 12, 4:16 PM
white angel

Feb 2024
I totally forgot to take a pic at the dinner, so here is what I'm "eating" now. Kanpai!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

Feb 2020
"Post pics of food you're eating"

Sure.

Sep 13, 12:13 PM

Jan 2009
After going home, I had a banana (not pictured because it was quite old) and some snacks

Basically chickpea chips/crisps with black pepper taste, wasabi-coated peanuts, After Eight, Softcake and chocolate-coated Leibniz cookies

For dinner, I will have loose leaf tea, a small cucumber with slice of white bread with eggplant-based spread ("vinete") that my mother has made and a piece of dark chocolate, the 70% Dark Mousse one from Lindt that costs 3.69€ per 150g

Commit_Crime said:
Anyway, got home a couple minutes ago, eating pickles, life good.
I was confused why the picture in the OP turned different until I checked myself and noticed that the dark mode makes it look normal

Zettaiken said:
there's no translation in English for the Polish name of that bread, besides "croissant" which is a different type]
I would just call that "savory-filled croissant (sandwich)"

Zettaiken said:
Kinder penquin
It's "Kinder Pinguí" more related to the German "Pinguin" because that has been one of sweets producer Ferrero's main target markets, though the company is Italian. Also, "Kinder" is meant here as the German plural of "children" and not the comparative of the adjective "kind". As a sidenote, but those Kinder products for the fridge including "Milchschnitte" and "Kinder Maxi King" used to have alcohol inside until they had changed the receipt of each product
NoboruSep 13, 2:57 PM
Sep 13, 3:14 PM

Nov 2013
@Commit_Crime I hate when pickles are smuggled into burgers etc, it actually kills me that you're eating them straight from the jar. I hate them so much haha. Also nice piss drink.

@Zettaiken Respect the cable management going down there.

@Noboru After Eights? A man of good taste. The cucumber and bread looks grim though, I'm sure they put out better meals in German prisons right?
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 13, 3:30 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to Noboru
After going home, I had a banana (not pictured because it was quite old) and some snacks

Basically chickpea chips/crisps with black pepper taste, wasabi-coated peanuts, After Eight, Softcake and chocolate-coated Leibniz cookies

For dinner, I will have loose leaf tea, a small cucumber with slice of white bread with eggplant-based spread ("vinete") that my mother has made and a piece of dark chocolate, the 70% Dark Mousse one from Lindt that costs 3.69€ per 150g

Commit_Crime said:
I was confused why the picture in the OP turned different until I checked myself and noticed that the dark mode makes it look normal

Zettaiken said:
there's no translation in English for the Polish name of that bread, besides "croissant" which is a different type]

Zettaiken said:
Kinder penquin
It's "Kinder Pinguí" more related to the German "Pinguin" because that has been one of sweets producer Ferrero's main target markets, though the company is Italian. Also, "Kinder" is meant here as the German plural of "children" and not the comparative of the adjective "kind". As a sidenote, but those Kinder products for the fridge including "Milchschnitte" and "Kinder Maxi King" used to have alcohol inside until they had changed the receipt of each product
@Noboru
I've misstyped the Pingui [I type fast so it happens often], tho for Kinder word I am fully aware of it, afterall I live quite close to German border x).
Oh had no idea about alcohol stuff with that, wouldn't mind to try them before the change.

Also from what I heard and read the Kinder Surprise is banned in some states/whole usa due to gambling reasons?
Sep 13, 3:32 PM

Jul 2013
I'm smart enough to not post any real personal info on the Internet. Why does it matter what I eat?
Sep 13, 3:35 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to Sad
@Commit_Crime I hate when pickles are smuggled into burgers etc, it actually kills me that you're eating them straight from the jar. I hate them so much haha. Also nice piss drink.

@Zettaiken Respect the cable management going down there.

@Noboru After Eights? A man of good taste. The cucumber and bread looks grim though, I'm sure they put out better meals in German prisons right?
Sad said:
it actually kills me that you're eating them straight from the jar

Y'know, I've never tried that before!

...okay, that tasted fucking disgusting. I'm on team #ArrestCommit_Crime.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Sep 13, 3:40 PM

Jan 2008
I'm eating some creamy white stuff right now. Mmmm protein.
Sep 13, 4:36 PM

Jan 2009
Sad said:
After Eights? A man of good taste. The cucumber and bread looks grim though, I'm sure they put out better meals in German prisons right?
Thanks. They go very well in combination with salty stuff.
My phone's camera isn't particularly good, plus the brightness conditions weren't the best to put it mildly. Outside of that, the cucumber was one week old, the penultimate one and yes, that spread doesn't look that appealing, but it's fairly tasty. For the prison food, I obviously can't give any personal review, but from the available dining plans online, it seems like there is tea offered with a slice of pan with some form of spread and cheese like Camembert or some conserved fish or something. Of course, I could have a far more extravagant dinner myself, but I'm usually not very hungry in the evenings.

Zettaiken said:
I've misstyped the Pingui [I type fast so it happens often], tho for Kinder word I am fully aware of it, afterall I live quite close to German border x).
Oh had no idea about alcohol stuff with that, wouldn't mind to try them before the change.

Also from what I heard and read the Kinder Surprise is banned in some states/whole usa due to gambling reasons?
Actually, even many people over here make the mistake and call it "Pinguin" which would be the normal word. And technically, "kinder" is stylized against German spelling rules with a lower-case "k"
I likely had tried it before the change as I'm old enough for it, but it's certainly not a memorable taste, so I can't recall any differences in taste. Plus, stuff like apple juice or ripe bananas also have alcohol the natural way and don't have to be especially declared, either. The receipt was still changed because it wasn't good for the image to advertise chocolate for children that contains alcohol

As for "Kinder Surprise", it has been banned in the whole USA as some safety measures because some people have been unfortunately not bright enough to only eat the chocolate and not the toy capsule below it. The different type of egg, "Kinder Joy" is however allowed, because it separates the chocolate from the toy more clearly
Sep 13, 5:20 PM

Nov 2013
@Noboru Aside from the death row-esque last meal, this image begs more questions.

What's with the mat on the floor immediately infront of the door? I assume the door does not lead outside because you have it ajar, and there's nowhere immediately to store shoes in the picture if coming inside. Do you have a threshold mat... from indoor to indoor within your home? Like hallway to living room?! Where does this magical door lead where you felt it necessary to introduce a mat? I haven't seen anything like this before.

Also, what's with the black drawer, and the lack of external handles on this storage unit on the left?

One more, is the look of your walls intentional? Or did you give up putting a primer down?

I feel like I am having an interior design crisis. Help me out Noboru.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 13, 7:15 PM

Jan 2008
Having Jalapeno poppers with now. Bit unhealthy but that's fine once in a while.

Sep 14, 2:24 AM

Jan 2009
@Sad The mat is for aesthetic purposes, also to hide the small gap from the flooring since it moves a bit too much in the other direction.
The door leads to the small hallway of the small apartment and there is a bigger one for the house. I have a cupboard for shoes in the floor, but I'm changing outdoor shoes to indoor slippers in the outside floor before entering the apartment. The storage unit on the left only has two doors. The one above is for pulling down where people would normally store alcohol or something, but I don't have any, and the one below is just a larger door. There is no black drawer and if you mean the part below the TV, zoom in and you'll see that it's the control unit for my soundsystem. I had posted more pictures in some other threads and on my Kitsu profile, though some may be outdated. As for the look on the walls, that was something my brother did when he was here and I don't mind that

But that all aside, I wonder if there are other people from team couch table here and why some people don't use at least plates, something to put on the table, something to wipe their hands and if they only have laptops, use an external keyboard since it's cheaper to replace an external one than an internal one

edit: through jumping on the floor, the gap has become smaller, so here's a more current picture at better brightness conditions that should make things much clearer

So yes, there is a hallway and the door is usually open like that, but for taking pictures, it's usually distracting to have other rooms/places being shown
NoboruSep 14, 8:36 AM
Sep 14, 10:02 AM

Jan 2016
"Post pics of food you're eating"
Dobradinha
Sep 14, 10:44 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Daviljoe193
Sad said:
it actually kills me that you're eating them straight from the jar

Y'know, I've never tried that before!

...okay, that tasted fucking disgusting. I'm on team #ArrestCommit_Crime.
@Daviljoe193
Look, I can respect that you tried it. I have no ill feelings towards you, on the contrary, you have proven to be more open minded than most of your countrymen.
But that is not how you do pickles. Pickles need to be put into a mix of water and vinegar with a lot of salt, I guess you do that but it's literally going to be worthless if whoever is making the pickles in a jar doesn't add mustard seeds, bay leaves, cloves, carrots, onions and other things that belong in pickles in a jar.
I feel so fucking sorry for you guys, there needs to be a charity that showcases Americans REAL FOOD. You should be allowed at least once what it feels like to eat REAL BREAD and REAL PICKLES IN A JAR and REAL STRAWBERRY JAM

@Sad
Stop pickleshaming >:(((((

Sep 14, 1:25 PM

Jan 2017
Had some jamaican food since I'm in the US, pretty hard to find back in australia if not completely impossible

Sep 14, 5:02 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to ZakuF_
Having Jalapeno poppers with now. Bit unhealthy but that's fine once in a while.

@ZakuF_
I really like your cracked plate
Sep 15, 1:35 AM

Feb 2024
Omurice.. ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep 16, 12:21 PM

Feb 2020
I made chicken vindaloo curry

🌶️🌶️🌶️
Sep 16, 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
@Noboru Interesting, it does look like the flooring slopes down across the threshold(?). Is the hallway slightly elevated or something? Is this a rental or your apartment?

Also, there is no black drawer? Huhhh? What is the black panel on the left storage unit, you can see it has a handle clearly right? These are two-tone cabinets to pair with the black top of the tv-unit. It's clearly a drawer because in your bright picture, there is another black drawer on the other side which was not in view in the darker one. Your bro straight up sabotaged you then hit the road haha. In the dark it looks like unfinished work, in your bright picture it looks redeemable, especially since you paired it with the blue top table.

That's some thicccc pizza btw.

Also on your note regarding people not using plates/something to put down, @Cneq going barbarian style with the the container food straight on the Fate mousepad(?). Making me nervous lol, especially since it has some sauce. Unless there is something under it, there might be something revealed on the edges, unsure.

@Little_Sheepling Need a cold drink with a vindaloo!
SadSep 16, 2:17 PM
Sep 16, 3:19 PM

Apr 2024
Reply to Noboru

Commit_Crime said:

Zettaiken said:

Zettaiken said:
Kinder penquin
@Noboru THE CHOCOLATES IN THE YELLOW BOX ARE SO >GOOD BRO , it's the first time i see this outside of my house , tbh , it's probably my favorite chocolate ever
[/size]
Sep 17, 7:01 AM

Jan 2009
@Zakatsuki_ Do you mean the Leibniz Choco Dark cookies?

@Sad It's possible that there is a small height difference. The flooring in the hallway is just PVC floor coating, while the living room is click vinyl. The house belongs to my parents, I have just moved to the 2nd upper floor over 6 years ago

Yes, there is no black drawer on the left. In this case, the handle on the left opens the door completely. On the right, there are three handles. There, the different color indicates an own drawer while the bigger parts open doors for the cabinets. If there were also a drawer on the left, then either the handle below would be missing or it would be a huge one, lol
Nope, I actually prefer the color. The blue top table was coincidental. It's actually just two mats and there is a small brown mat and I also have some old magazine with course offers I don't need any longer + use plates and paper

Yes, I like my pizza thicc xD

Cneq has a plate in his picture under the food box, but it's still not ideal. For one, I wouldn't like possibly dirtying the nice mouse pad or what he has on his table and for two, I prefer having some safety distance between food/drinks and electronic devices where it's possible. An external keyboard or mouse can be far cheaper and easier replaced than a computer or laptop
NoboruSep 17, 9:36 AM
Sep 17, 1:25 PM

Nov 2013
@Noboru Oh damn, are you living rent free, or reduced market rate? That's pretty handy to not have a random (potentially crazy) landlord.

Those chocolate cookies I've seen a knockoff version in Aldi/Lidl over here for cheap :D

I just noticed now I'm on computer, couldn't see on the tiny mobile image!

Is that your laptop in the top left so you can watch anime? It looks like it is facing the wall with the display on, instead of facing you with the screen down, or simply second screen display only (TV)? Lol. I feel tilted just looking at it, if it's what I think you are doing?
Sep 18, 11:19 AM

Jan 2009
@Sad I'm living rent-free at my parents' house. So yes, I have it comparatively quite good. I just need to find someone to help with the gardening and yard work as well

Yeah, those discounters have generally cheap versions, but I have gone back to buying the normal brands for chocolates and cookies, because they are better. There are for example also in-house brand alternatives for AfterEight, but the latter is still better

The mobile website is not useable, since it cuts the images off, especially under a spoiler. And in desktop mode, you can easily zoom in if needed

Yes, that's my laptop. I prefer it facing the wall, since I've set the projection mode to duplicate the screen, so if needed, I can see directly on my laptop screen as well. Plus, the connections are conveniently on that side of the laptop as well. Why do you feel tilted just looking at it?
Sep 18, 4:55 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Commit_Crime
I fully expected the thread to be gone by now lol
Anyway, got home a couple minutes ago, eating pickles, life good. What about other MALtards???
@Commit_Crime Let me guess, pickles as a snack?
Sep 18, 4:59 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Commit_Crime Let me guess, pickles as a snack?
@RobertBobert
Yes, I <333333333333 pickles in a jar
Sep 18, 5:10 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Commit_Crime
@RobertBobert
Yes, I <333333333333 pickles in a jar
@Commit_Crime It seems that the love of pickles as a snack for drinking is a common Slavic trait. Let me guess, Czechs also drink pickle juice to get rid of hangovers?
Sep 18, 5:19 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Commit_Crime It seems that the love of pickles as a snack for drinking is a common Slavic trait. Let me guess, Czechs also drink pickle juice to get rid of hangovers?
@RobertBobert
Yes :D Half of our hangover techniques include eating something from a jar including pickle juice
Sep 18, 5:22 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Commit_Crime
@RobertBobert
Yes :D Half of our hangover techniques include eating something from a jar including pickle juice
@Commit_Crime I have a feeling that since I am only half Slavic, I was not allowed into some ancient secret Slavic techniques.
Sep 18, 5:31 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Commit_Crime I have a feeling that since I am only half Slavic, I was not allowed into some ancient secret Slavic techniques.
@RobertBobert
The grandmas in the countryside make both the liquor and the foods conserved in jars. Its genius, making both the poison and the cure :D
Sep 18, 5:34 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Commit_Crime
@RobertBobert
The grandmas in the countryside make both the liquor and the foods conserved in jars. Its genius, making both the poison and the cure :D
@Commit_Crime Once upon a time, my father filled our entire apartment with such preparations. But he is from the village himself, so perhaps it worked in his case too.
Oct 11, 2:52 PM

Jan 2008
I've been making baked potatoes. Photo on right is the one I ate just minutes ago. I baked them without foil to get a super crispy skin. Buttered, salted, crispy perfection.

ZakuF_Oct 11, 3:00 PM
Oct 12, 9:04 AM

Aug 2021
tteokbokki, chicken, beetroot, pumpkin
Oct 12, 9:10 AM
Dec 2022

This looks nice with a soup made from fish cakes and spring onions. Anyways, I recommend the soy sauce version of this dish with diced beef. The soy sauce + beef version is the OG version, BTW.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Fuck societal norms. How would you really dress?

VampireSylphy - Oct 17

22 by Enji_Todoroki »»
20 minutes ago

» Given up on online friendships...

Rivermind - Oct 17

28 by Enji_Todoroki »»
32 minutes ago

» You guys watch anime on a laptop, tv or projector? ( 1 2 )

Rivermind - Oct 17

51 by Enji_Todoroki »»
33 minutes ago

» Do you have any addictions?

Commit_Crime - 2 hours ago

7 by Enji_Todoroki »»
39 minutes ago

» To Westerners, do you like eating rice and Asian food in general?

philtecturophy - Oct 16

21 by Vampire_Lord »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.