Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 9, 11:07 AM

Oct 2022
What I've learned is people who like Reddit are net-addicts who are attracted to controversy like flies on dogshit.
Sep 9, 11:12 AM

May 2021
Reply to H-A-M-M-Y
I like the MapPrn and vexillology subreddits. The anime subreddit is also decent.
@H-A-M-M-Y Please tell me this is a joke 😳
Sep 9, 12:37 PM

Nov 2023
"How do some people actually like Reddit?"

I don't know
Sep 9, 1:37 PM

Apr 2012
I had a year or two of active life on reddit, but I gradually reduced my appearances there to a minimum due to a gradual decline in interest and periodic discomfort when discussing one or another topic that interests me. For example, I didn’t like that the subreddits dedicated to any all-female titles consisted of 90% fanservice and shipping, right up to Hibike, which at some point simply exchanged interesting discussions for the exchange of fan art.
Sep 9, 2:38 PM

Apr 2020
Sounds like you just got agitated by random Internet people.

While Reddit DOES have a bad reputation, when it comes to pseudo intellectual discussions, let me tell you:
That's everywhere, on the internet. Hostility, belittling statements, stupidity and anger aren't exclusive to Reddit.
Sep 9, 4:21 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to Merve2Love

While Reddit DOES have a bad reputation, when it comes to pseudo intellectual discussions, let me tell you:
That's everywhere, on the internet. Hostility, belittling statements, stupidity and anger aren't exclusive to Reddit.
Merve2Love said:
Hostility, belittling statements, stupidity and anger aren't exclusive to Reddit.

I can confirm this. Countless times I've lurked forums to get tech support for some program I'm having trouble with and there's always some asshole saying, "yOu ShOuLd ReInStAlL yOuR OS" or "yOu ShOuLd UsE tHiS pRoGrAm InStEaD" instead of telling the user how to fix the problem.
Sep 9, 4:39 PM

May 2021
I don't really have a problem with Reddit, although you need to be careful with what you say to not get ratio-ed. I like MAL because it doesnt have voting system, but I can also accept reddit for having one,
Sep 9, 7:10 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to Merve2Love

@Merve2Love Not agitated, annoyed that asking a harmless question can make it look like you commented something bad, with people bandwagoning to make posts look negative.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 9, 7:58 PM

Nov 2017
Downvoting is insidious, it's basically public social pressure aiming down from the corporate headseat.

The political forums are crazy, I have to basically wage wars sometimes on some issues because of lemmings (you know what issue).

I get by there OK now that I don't get banned by mods, I've gotten the craziest internet bans ever on Reddit, usually it came from telling a joke which a mod did not appreciate.

The anime forums there are very bad though, I can't make a case for them, they're off in a bad way.
Sep 9, 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to DigiCat
Tropisch said:
Title. Made an account there out of curiosity, even though I know how bad it is, and my goodness, what a shitshow. I made a simple statement on one thing in a game talking about a character's playability, no hostility of any kind, and instant downvotes. Another thread I pointed out a person waiting a year for something is not equal to another person waiting years for the same thing, instant downvotes once again. I get people use bots there too a lot, but no matter what kind of opinion you have there, or even just pointing out a flaw in someone's logic, you'll always get dogpiled. How on Earth does anything think that crap hole of a forum site is good for discussing anything if you can just make other people's posts look bad? (and even hidden if their post gets enough of a low score) It's crazy I see people even suggest they want a similar system here on mal.

Hiding post with downvotes?? Why am i not surprised reddit implements this absurd censorship?

I don't particularly care if people dogpile and mass downvote things for stupid reasons, if they wanna be immature little brats let them, but let the sane people see what they're downvoting and make up their own minds
@DigiCat To be clear, a new post (thread) can't be hidden by downvotes, and can't go below zero in terms of up/down-votes. When it comes to posting comments within a thread, if your comment drops to -5 it will no longer be directly visible, but you can click to see what the comment says. However, there's no upper limit when it comes to downvotes on comments, and people will go out of there way to click these hidden comments specifically in order to dogpile.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Sep 9, 11:06 PM

Mar 2023
I only use Reddit to find the name of songs i like.
Sep 10, 1:16 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Spunkert
I only use Reddit to find the name of songs i like.
@Spunkert Do you mean anime songs? For normal songs Shazam app does the job really well...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Sep 10, 6:09 AM

Oct 2021
I think Reddit isn't that bad. I'm just using it to see fan arts and other nice stuff of the shows I like most of the time and it's pretty chill.
Sep 10, 8:03 AM

Feb 2020
I have found plenty of interesting anime related things from Reddit, but other than that, I have a very little use for it.
Sep 10, 11:53 AM

Apr 2011
It's fun to read sometimes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 10, 5:08 PM

Oct 2012
I've rarely had a problem with people downvoting my posts, considering the majority of Reddit users are adults unlike this garbage site. Of course that depends somewhat on which subreddit you're on, but in most cases unless you make low quality shit posts or controversial posts, there won't be a barrage of downvoters, since there would be no reason for most people to disagree.

Therein lies the problem, isn't it? There are a number of MAL users that want the "freedom" to make low quality troll bait posts and want the ability to do it everywhere on the internet, and then they get mad when they get downloaded or banned by competent mods. Be honest, that's why you're really mad. That's why you hate Reddit. And that's why you're relegated to posting the same old garbage on MAL and whining about it.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Sep 10, 5:31 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to katsucats
I've rarely had a problem with people downvoting my posts, considering the majority of Reddit users are adults unlike this garbage site. Of course that depends somewhat on which subreddit you're on, but in most cases unless you make low quality shit posts or controversial posts, there won't be a barrage of downvoters, since there would be no reason for most people to disagree.

Therein lies the problem, isn't it? There are a number of MAL users that want the "freedom" to make low quality troll bait posts and want the ability to do it everywhere on the internet, and then they get mad when they get downloaded or banned by competent mods. Be honest, that's why you're really mad. That's why you hate Reddit. And that's why you're relegated to posting the same old garbage on MAL and whining about it.
katsucats said:
controversial posts
According to what many said, that seems to be the problem: Anyone who doesn't follow the hivemind is considered controversial and gets downvoted.
Besides, why would being controversial deserve downvotes?
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Sep 10, 9:40 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to katsucats

@katsucats That's quite some baseless accusation you've got there. Nevermind the weird hostility you see to have towards me for no apparent reason.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 11, 6:25 AM

Oct 2012
Reply to Tropisch
@katsucats That's quite some baseless accusation you've got there. Nevermind the weird hostility you see to have towards me for no apparent reason.
@Tropisch You have some kind of narcissistic disorder? Who even mentioned you?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Sep 11, 6:32 AM

Oct 2012
Reply to Zarutaku
katsucats said:
controversial posts
According to what many said, that seems to be the problem: Anyone who doesn't follow the hivemind is considered controversial and gets downvoted.
Besides, why would being controversial deserve downvotes?
@Zarutaku There's a wide latitude to the "hive mind". It's not like you have to agree with everything someone decided, you just have to not go way off the wall, and that's what people like to do for attention. Do you really think everyone believes in literally one thing on Reddit? As for being controversial, it depends on what's being said. If you're trolling to get a rise out of people, don't be surprised when you get downvoted. If there's any merit in your post at all, most people would not downvote. Reddit is a much bigger site than MAL and the vast majority of people do not have an issue. Yet, why does every MAL user have an issue? It's clear, just by scanning the posts here, including your other thread:

Can a dad slap the butt of his daugther? Imo i think it all depends on how good their relationship is

What the actual fuck? And you're surprised working society doesn't approve?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Sep 11, 7:08 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to katsucats
@Zarutaku There's a wide latitude to the "hive mind". It's not like you have to agree with everything someone decided, you just have to not go way off the wall, and that's what people like to do for attention. Do you really think everyone believes in literally one thing on Reddit? As for being controversial, it depends on what's being said. If you're trolling to get a rise out of people, don't be surprised when you get downvoted. If there's any merit in your post at all, most people would not downvote. Reddit is a much bigger site than MAL and the vast majority of people do not have an issue. Yet, why does every MAL user have an issue? It's clear, just by scanning the posts here, including your other thread:

Can a dad slap the butt of his daugther? Imo i think it all depends on how good their relationship is

katsucats said:
why does every MAL user have an issue? It's clear, just by scanning the posts here, including your other thread:

😂 seems you confused me with @Zakatsuki_
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Sep 11, 8:42 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to Zarutaku
katsucats said:
why does every MAL user have an issue? It's clear, just by scanning the posts here, including your other thread:

@Zarutaku lmaooooooo , love to see people overreacting abt a thread who don't talk , or injure them in any way
Currently madly in love with my babygirl Laura Kinney💛💛 (yes i'm horny)

Sep 11, 9:54 AM

Jan 2008
I only keep my account there to track my nofap days lol.
I'm on day 1 :*(
Sep 11, 10:09 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to ZakuF_
I only keep my account there to track my nofap days lol.
I'm on day 1 :*(
@ZakuF_
You didnt edge enough during your streak
Sep 11, 11:16 AM

Jul 2013
Reddit is epic fail. People are still using Windows 10/11 to surf the Internet on it. Instead of Linux. I hope they enjoy getting hacked.

Reddit is low-quality nonsense. It is even worse than 4chan, perhaps.
Sep 11, 1:42 PM

Oct 2012
Reply to Zarutaku
katsucats said:

@Zarutaku Oops. It was like 6am when I posted, my bad.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Sep 11, 7:36 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to katsucats
@Tropisch You have some kind of narcissistic disorder? Who even mentioned you?
@katsucats I was under the assumption your post was in response to my opening post. That's how it seems like you made it.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 11, 7:45 PM

Jun 2016
When I think of redditors I think of balding men who wear thick-brimmed glasses and Captain America tshirts and collect funko pops, so I automatically disregard anything they or people who defend them say. Enough said.
Sep 12, 7:05 PM

Sep 2014
most of reddit sucks, but it's mainly about finding those niche communities that suit your interests. i usually only browse around the subreddits for games i play and sports i follow, and that's about it. keeping it limited to that hasn't been so bad
Sep 12, 9:53 PM
May 2012
Reddit is a cult simulator, it's contextualized for people who are all aligned the same way on that thing, a tunnel vision, a shared mind, the second you disalign from the popular opinion you're labeled a heretic, downvoted and removed. There really is no freedom of speech, if you want it, leave.
I suggest using Reddit only for things you really love blindly just like an acolyte.
Sep 13, 1:20 AM

Jun 2020
You can lurk on Reddit for certain answers, advice, or art without having an account (for the most part, +18 stuff is blurred). Its not like Xwitter, TikTok, Instagram, or Facebook where everything is hidden or just not usable unless you have an account. Kinda funny how much companies wanna force you to make an account just to see trash content on their trash sites.
TechnopunkSep 13, 1:24 AM

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Sep 13, 2:01 AM

Oct 2023
Reddit sucks because it's full of redditors. Just like California, California sucks because it's full of Californians. Lemmy is better in every way whatsoever. Reddit sucks, it's an echo chamber where only the popular opinions guarded by powermods rise to the top of the page. It's also hostile towards newbies who have nowhere else to go but that's kind of Reddit's fault for killing forums. The only uses for Reddit are for very specific questions and small communities that don't exist elsewhere.
"I'm going to use my power to create a world where billions and billions of people will live and be able to experience the wonders of being alive!" - Le Demiurge
Sep 13, 8:08 PM

Aug 2012
I honestly do not like using it much. I much prefer forums and sometimes Discord. As others said, anything with a rep system or downvote/upvote system usually is an echo chamber.

Yesterday, 3:10 AM

Mar 2018
reddit is like a haven for people who need extra love and attention
because their parents and special needs teachers never gave them enough.

that being said, i am an avid reddit andy myself xdd but honestly i don't
do much except pretty much browse the same couple subreddits, namely
for my favourite games etc. also sometimes people on reddit give much
more sincere and clearly thought-out advice as opposed to other forums.

honestly i would say that reddit's kind of a 50/50 coinflip, you either get
a couple pretentious tossers or you get helpful people who just wanna
chat about whatever they're passionate about. much like mal, really.

just a little eepy
4 hours ago

Aug 2022
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I wonder whhhhhhhhhhy.

Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Trying to find Hentai, but dont remember title

ChrisM72 - 5 hours ago

1 by Theo1899 »»
57 minutes ago

» Why do they keep adding stupid animals, what happened to the cool animals?

Commit_Crime - Sep 15

26 by xMizu_ »»
1 hour ago

» auditory hallucinations

LenRea - 12 hours ago

11 by xMizu_ »»
2 hours ago

» The piano song I teach to my 7 years old student (Piece: How far I'll go,.Moana)

philtecturophy - Sep 15

8 by philtecturophy »»
2 hours ago

» Any former posters from the Crunchyroll Comment Section make it over here?

Trivia-man-Frank - Sep 14

6 by Yuno »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.