Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Yesterday, 2:02 AM

Oct 2012
Reply to Rexas420
@Centago In S1,we know that aqua does dna test to see if someone is related to him or not in the industry.
And he is in this theatre to find someone who is related to him,so obviously it is 100% feasible.
@Rexas420 Except he was going for his father, not for some random young actor.
There was literally no reason given by the story for him to have Himekawa checked too, the only reason was author's attempt to shock his audience.
Or are we meant to believe that Aqua is gathering DNA from all people around him constantly? Did he checked Akane for example?
inb4 everyone are brothers and sisters...

@camghost10 Except we already know who the killer was since the very first episode, guess you probably wasn't paying much attention.
Also, be prepared to be disappointed, it's obvious he knows nothing about his father other than few details from before the children home.
But he may tell him something about his mother instead.

People fail to realize that while the mystery part of this anime is about the revenge, when Aqua gets there and finds out the truth he will get disenchanted for sure.
It's not like Aqua's father ordered Ai's death as Aqua blindly believes, that one is pretty clear.
And knowing Ai, they were probably in love with each other too with no ill-blood between them.
Wouldn't be surprised if their father actually supported them all along and everything was just sad coincidence in the end.

Also, good mystery stories introudces villain very early and let him interact with MC all along.
How do you think Aqua would act if we learn Gotonda is his father after all? Would be pretty ironic, right?
Yesterday, 4:23 AM

Jul 2021
lol no way. no wonder they look so similar. i thought its just how the chara designs are but nope. good shit incoming ig.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Yesterday, 5:21 AM

Jan 2023
What was Arima Kana drinking?
Yesterday, 7:08 AM
Apr 2019
The complaint I wrote in the thread for episode #08 (the lack of stage depth) was mostly resolved. Much better about it.

During this arc, some have derided "Ruby as a supporting character".
This is not only due to the structure of the animation.

Even Aqua, who is sensitive to the surrounding relationships, is missing Ruby from his perspective and consciousness.
He has been believing that the revenge is a clandestine confrontation between only him and the mastermind who is responsible for Ai's pregnancy and death.
The composition of his perception begins disintegrating. Unbeknownst to him, Akane and Gotanda already have some insight into his intentions.

The storytellers had set up a staged misdirection to draw the viewer's attention to prominent figures like Kana and Akane, to incite the viewer's "My Girl" controversy, and divert attention from Ruby. This is one of the reasons why the entire “Tokyo Blade” arc was needed.
For those who were only interested in the revenge drama, it's a shame they didn't fully enjoy these narrative structures.
Yesterday, 7:53 AM
Jul 2013
when aqua says, "Those scenario i really hope for that never came" i cried so hard. That what if scenario is yet another 10 from this anime. He is good, i give him that.
Yesterday, 7:57 AM
Apr 2023
And another incredible episode. Aqua’s acting was incredible, love all the little details of everybody’s reaction of the show and stuff like the Author talking to the Sweet Today Guy, Kana being drunk of ginger ale, Kana’s reaction to Aqua carrying Akane, the beautiful animation as always and seeing Ai again was amazing. It was a flashback but still. Right now I really hope that she’ll actually return like in the Opening. And the reveal of Himekawa and Aqua being related was really shocking to me. Really hyped for the next episode.
11 hours ago

Mar 2010
Thank god this theatre ark is over ffs.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
7 hours ago

May 2018
aqua's half brother omg
6 hours ago
Jul 2024
the reveal at the end was like really surprising and unexpected.
4 hours ago
Oct 2017
Aqua and Ai was such a sad scene, but in light of that, it looks like Aqua has another family member in the form of his half-brother Taiki 🤔
2 hours ago
Apr 2018
Reply to Oriorii
What was Arima Kana drinking?
@Oriorii Ginger ale. Thats why it was funny watching her acting drunk lol
2 hours ago

Aug 2018
HOLY SHMOEKREISESNIES
 bocchi za rock best anime
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nirererin - Aug 21

222 by Nikmomo93 »»
10 hours ago

» No new episode next week

Dbagas8 - Aug 28

28 by Rinrinka »»
Yesterday, 8:55 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ricky16 - Aug 14

169 by Comander-07 »»
Aug 30, 2:03 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Jul 17

161 by Mr_Okarin »»
Aug 30, 12:40 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 31

187 by Ranxomare »»
Aug 30, 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.