Forum Settings
Forums

What were your hobbies and interests as a child?

New
Yesterday, 10:44 AM

Apr 2012
What were your childhood hobbies or interests and were you able to retain them, at least partially, into adulthood? Do you regret anything, or do you think that giving up any interests was reasonable and natural? For example, I regret that I started playing sports quite late, despite my interest in it all my life, since throughout my childhood I was afraid of being disappointed in my own abilities and willpower. On the other hand, now it’s hard for me to understand why I was so obsessed with dinosaurs or combat aircraft as a child. Maybe because as an adult I became more neutral towards animals and more aware of the complexity of flying an airplane?
Yesterday, 11:08 AM

Sep 2016
Playing Lego and Pokemon, watching Dragon Ball and Pokemon, riding my bike and being in the public open-air pool.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Yesterday, 11:12 AM

Oct 2022
Video games and internet. I wasted too many time on the early days of forums and tried to get friend there. Didnt happend, and i regret it, I wish I could use all that time on at least perfecting my drawing skills, playing more or even just went straight ahead and code.

I guess it will be for another round
Yesterday, 11:18 AM

Feb 2020
Lego, video games, etc. Pretty normal stuff.
Yesterday, 11:39 AM

Jul 2021
When I was a kid I played with Ukrainian/Russian/Moldovan kids on a landfill.
Now that I am an adult I drink with Ukrainian/Russian/Moldovan adults at the bar.
Yesterday, 11:43 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Commit_Crime
When I was a kid I played with Ukrainian/Russian/Moldovan kids on a landfill.
Now that I am an adult I drink with Ukrainian/Russian/Moldovan adults at the bar.
@Commit_Crime Do you live in the Czech Republic, but also seen historical Czechoslovakia?
Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to KenaiPhoenix
Video games and internet. I wasted too many time on the early days of forums and tried to get friend there. Didnt happend, and i regret it, I wish I could use all that time on at least perfecting my drawing skills, playing more or even just went straight ahead and code.

I guess it will be for another round
@KenaiPhoenix
I wish I could use all that time on at least perfecting my drawing skills

People that started drawing as kids and got really good won life. They can try doing art if that fails they can do commissions for some fucked up fetishes and make better money than 99% of the population.
Yesterday, 11:52 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Commit_Crime Do you live in the Czech Republic, but also seen historical Czechoslovakia?
@RobertBobert
I do live in the Czech Republic but I am too young to have witnessed Czechoslovakia first hand. Unfortunately now we are two countries, very sad!
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Sep 2018
Playing chase, soccer hide and seek with children outside at the streets.
Playing alone watching insects and animals at the mountain near my house.
Watching my brothers playing video games or playing myself.
Drawing and listening to music with a walkman cassette player.

I looved my childhood and I'm still doing some stuff I did as a kid.
Yesterday, 12:12 PM

Jan 2021
Aside from the regular one's (watching, reading, playing, etc…), I used to loved making pillow & blanket fortresses.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Yesterday, 12:13 PM

Dec 2015
Childhood:
Playing with cold weapons, History [mainly movies and video games], Video games, Anime, Drawing

As an adult:
Playing with cold weapons [Sport/Job], History, Archeaology, Video Games, Anime, Drawing

Yeah.... I don't think there's anything that has changed, besides the age.
Yesterday, 12:27 PM

Feb 2020
I've more or less kept the same interests and hobbies I had as a kid until now.

My biggest interests were Dinosaurs, having been taught them in School at the time Jurassic Park was out, and had toys of them. I think my interest maybe dropped a little until I was a teenager being home educated, because there was always Dinosaur documentaries on Sky TV, and also I began buying and reading some advanced Dinosaur books. I really wanted to become a Paleontologist because of Dinosaurs, but life had other plans.
Also when I was a kid, I was pretty obsessed by UFOs & Aliens. I read loads of books of them and watched lots of documentaries about them.

As for hobbies, I've always loved reading books & playing videogames. My other biggest hobby/interest was Trains. I probably picked this up from Thomas & Friends, but also my Dad was also a train enthusiast & trainspotter when he was younger (like many were back then). My Dad would take me to heritage railways all over the country to ride on Steam locomotives, and also he would just take me to a train station somewhere to just watch them. Later on when I heard what trainspotting was from my Dad, I'd start collecting the numbers & photographing them too. I did stop trainspotting for a little bit, as for a time in my country it was considered an act of terrorism.
I still take numbers as I ride, as I mainly use Trains to get around, but I don't often anymore specifically go to a train station for a day to spot.

Do I regret anything? Ummm...well yeah I wish now that I spent some time actually looking around the towns & cities I went to with my dad. But I mainly wanted to spot and ride trains, and any hopes of revisiting these places would be pretty slim, as I mainly go places by myself and am scared of going too far from home.
Also wish I got to know my nan (my Dad's mum) better. She used to tape train docs for me, but when we went round to her's, I just wanted to watch trains, and she died when I was about 6 or 7. She was the only grandparent left when I came along 😥
Also yes I regret playing videogames for as long as I did, as my right wrist is practically destroyed lol. It's very weak and painful and I am always dropping stuff that I try to hold in it.
Loyal_SheeplingYesterday, 12:38 PM
Yesterday, 6:35 PM

Jul 2019
Playing computer games. Most were just flash games because easily accessible. I also got into anime and chess.

I kinda regret not doing anything with the guitar but at the same time I will just learn it in the future so who cares. Took long enough though.
Yesterday, 7:29 PM
Sep 2023
When I was kid I loved to look around or wander, fascinated by faunas, bathing in a hot spring, got curious about astronomy during vacations

Them are still the same with a slight change in orientation, but for astronomy it has been replaced by water-related ones
Yesterday, 9:27 PM
Dec 2022
Mostly listening to music from the classical music, smooth jazz, and easy listening CDs as makeshift gifts from my parents' workplace, chatting with my friends on the land line phone, spending time with my nanny, reading books with many pretty pictures.

I did have a tomboy reputation among my elementary school friends that influenced my many other interests.
Today, 12:05 AM

May 2024
I was into football a lot. I played it with friends from time to time or during PE in school. I also liked listening to underground music artists, collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards, watching anime and live-action stuff. I never had any niche hobbies. Most of the things I liked doing were influenced by my friends at the time. I do all these things now apart from playing football, which unfortunately is out of my own control since most my friends stopped playing it and I'm left with no one to kick the ball around. There aren't any amateur teams or groups of ppl that gather every week to play either, mostly cuz my country does not offer many places to even play the damn sport.
Today, 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
watching anime, playing lego and chess thats it now im bad at chess though
Today, 12:32 AM

Jul 2024
Watching anime, Playing soccer and basketball.
Today, 1:29 AM

Jun 2010
During early days of childhood, I enjoyed a lot of things, like playing hide-and-seek, cycling, football, badminton, rounders* and swimming. But as I grew older, I started to cultivate other interests that were more "indoor" such as sewing, crocheting, cooking and reading. These are life skills to me when I started to live on my own as I am able to cook and mend clothes and such. Lately, I have been crocheting stuff like pillows and cushion, toys and bags, and I make things as gifts for people.

I don't really play sports now except for swimming. For cooking, I'm glad there is youtube and online recipes that I can learn from other people. There are so many ways and types of cooking. haha.

In the past, there was only physical library. Nowadays, it is so convenient to borrow books from the library as it can be done online. However if I feel like having a physical book, I will go to the library or the bookstore to buy.

*Btw, I wonder if anyone knows what is rounders. It's a British sports but in America, it's called baseball.
Today, 1:32 AM
Riot Girl Utena

Dec 2023
Pokemon cards, Magic: the Gathering cards, then finally Yu-gi-oh! cards. Oh, and the ps1 Final Fantasy games.
Today, 1:53 AM

Jul 2014
Drawing, writing stories and doing martial arts, specifically kung fu and judo.
Take care of yourself

6 hours ago
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Something I was interested in was the blue trash can.
6 hours ago

May 2013
Drawing was a big part of my life for a long time.

I quit when I went to college. I still sometimes doodle but I dont spend 12 hours drawing anymore.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
3 hours ago

Apr 2024
Video games and super-hero related things

More topics from this board

Poll: » How is your relation with yout parents?

Zakatsuki_ - Aug 5

26 by Nette »»
12 minutes ago

» In a 1000 years, internet archaeologists will be writing dissertations on memes. Which ones will have the most convoluted interpretations?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

10 by Nette »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you prefer written or spoken conversations? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jul 27

51 by KenaiPhoenix »»
22 minutes ago

» Do you guys have friends IRL?

godsavemeplease - Aug 6

31 by KenaiPhoenix »»
23 minutes ago

» 2024 Olympics Thread ( 1 2 )

Hitagi__Furude - Jul 27

98 by deg »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.