Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 27, 4:58 AM

May 2020
As what the title says...

Everything in Paris Olympics 2024 will be discussed in this thread...

As for sports i watch...
Basketball...

USA is having a hard time in the exhibition games so the gold is hopefully up for grabs!!!

As for the first game...

Spain is just having a hard time with Australia's abundance of talented international NBA players & with their dynamic guards Giddey & Mills...

I think Spain is the weakest team in their bracket...

Especially when Canada with Shai & Greece with Giannis & Patty Mills turning into MJ when playing for Australia so...

Good luck Hernangomez!!!
Hitagi__FurudeJul 27, 5:28 AM
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 27, 5:10 AM

Jan 2009
if lebron loses it means the rest of the world git gud on basketball
Jul 27, 5:25 AM

Jan 2009
olympics the event where nationalism is good
Jul 27, 5:34 AM

Dec 2021
Hitagi__Furude said:
Especially when Canada with Shai & Greece with Giannis & Patty Mills turning into MJ when playing for Australia so...

Patty Mills... that's a name I haven't heard in a while... I didn't even know he was still playing :P

The Summer Olympics still suck though and I don't care about any of the sports.
Jul 27, 6:11 AM

May 2020
Welp not a surprise...

Unfortunately for Rui Hachimura...

The power of Anime is not enough to beat the World Cup champion Dennis Schroder...

Too much spacing on the perimeter & they lack bigs to dominate the paint...

Jul 27, 6:17 AM

Sep 2016
Russian athletes will have a hard time I guess.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 27, 6:24 AM

Jul 2013
I am not one of those normies that watches that kind of content....
Jul 27, 7:12 AM
Dec 2022
This is quite interesting.

South Korea was wrongly introduced during the Parade of Nations (introducing teams one by one) as per the annoucment said "République populaire démocratique de Corée — Democratic People's Republic of Korea", more commonly known as North Korea. See around 0:30. Anyways, I like the classical music section from Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saëns.

Other than that, China won gold at the mixed 10 metre air rifle team (by the duo, Shèng Lǐháo & Huáng Yǔtíng) as a sparkling start.

Anyways, South Korea is aiming for the top in archery, fencing, and swimming. Their efforts from the previous Asian Games in Hangzhou are not going to be wasted.
Jul 27, 7:42 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Its useless once NTHE enter its era since human olympic would be changed into AI Olympic instead lolll

Jul 27, 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
table tennis…Egypt never stood a chance against China.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jul 27, 8:28 AM

May 2020
Reply to DreamingBeats
table tennis…Egypt never stood a chance against China.
@DreamingBeats

Not a surprise...

Theyve win almost every gold in Pong...

Jul 27, 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
women’s waterpolo: Spain 4 France 2 (game ongoing)
Let’s go France! Keep it up Spain!

update: Spain 13 France 5
Final result: Spain 15 France 6

Men’s beach volleyball Brazil vs Morocco
Let’s go Brazil!
Final result: Brazil 2 Morocco 0
DreamingBeatsJul 27, 10:57 AM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Jul 27, 11:12 AM

Dec 2015
From Olympics I only plan to watch Volleyball, although I've already missed today's match against Egypt, next is Brasil gonna be tough.
Jul 27, 11:41 AM

Nov 2011
Women’s field hockey. USA vs Argentina
Argentina 2 USA 1
Let’s go team USA!
Final: Argentina 4 USA 1
DreamingBeatsJul 27, 12:28 PM

Jul 27, 2:12 PM

May 2020
The Greeks almost had them especially with the constant foul trouble of their defenders & as a bigger team overall...& ofc Giannis...

Unfortunately, their missed freethrows & guard issues cost them the game!!!

Canada has some choking issues in these international games...

Thankfully their NBA talented roster saved them...

Jul 27, 7:44 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
All the best to everyone who is involved!
Jul 27, 8:24 PM
Dec 2022
People around me in real life have varied interests in what sports they like in Paris.

I like golf, particularly ladies' tournaments.

My sister is looking forward to the new sports competition, Breaking, AKA hip hop dancing.

My father likes equestarian events due to how he was raised with asses (the animal, not something that connects the human torso with human legs) when he was a child.

My mother likes gymnastics ever since she was young.

My Filipina roommate seems to enjoy sailing, you know, somthing that doesn't excite her that much since she already has too many unwanted excitements as a nurse in a large and busy retirement home.

My Indonesian roommate is all for badminton.
Jul 28, 2:54 AM

Jul 2024
Men's sports - Basketball soccer, tennis

Women's sports
Soccer, long jump, high jump, sprint, pole vault,hockey, tennis, beach volleyball and indoor volleyball, badminton, swimming...

Not watching women's basketball..that Diana trauasi is one of the most horrible person I've ever seen in sports alongside Megan rapione...
An experienced player Hating on younger kids like Caitlin Clark is ridiculous..
Jul 28, 4:16 AM

May 2020
South Sudan are some scary bunch...

Outrebounded Puerto Rico 55 to 38...
17 offensive rebounds...

Trailed by double digits & struggled & outshot on 3 at one point & yet still came back & win it in double digits...

Eventhough their playstyle is so raw & physical,
They can win games just by that alone...

The definition of outhustling your opponent right there!!!

USA...youve just unleashed a monster....

Jul 28, 4:18 AM

Apr 2021
I usually watch badminton during the olympics.
BWAHHHHHHHHHHH
Jul 28, 6:04 AM
Dec 2022
China just got another gold from men's 10 meter air pistol.

South Korea just got another gold from women's 10 meter air pistol.

Decent results, actually.
Jul 28, 6:28 AM
Dec 2022
This is perhaps one of the cutest moments I saw.

Chinese diver, Chén Yìwén, holding her partner, Chāng Yǎnī, like newlyweds.
Jul 28, 7:46 AM

Apr 2016
Basically only interested in the basketball, soccer, games. I tuned into the Olympics and saw a bunch of dudes swimming and playing with a ball, that's when I knew the Olympics have so many stupid sports. I'll just wait for the good ones.
Jul 28, 8:07 AM
Nov 2012
if anyone want to talk about volleyball hit me up haha

Jul 28, 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
Women’s archery
Congratulations to S Korea! They very barely won against China
Gold: S Korea
Silver: China
Bronze: Mexico

Jul 28, 8:57 AM
Dec 2022
South Korea won another gold for women's team archery at the Les Invalides (7th arrondissement) .... for the 10th time straight.

China won silver with a relatively famous South Korean archery coach who speaks Chinese.

Anyways, women's team archery is exciting due to each team members generating much more uncomfortable stares and the audience plays the guessing game on what they are thinking about real time.
Jul 28, 9:03 AM
Dec 2022
DreamingBeats said:
Women’s archery
Congratulations to S Korea! They very barely won against China
Gold: S Korea
Silver: China
Bronze: Mexico

Perhaps the biggest winner would be the Dutch team making a handful of meme-worthy facial expressions.
Jul 28, 11:09 AM

Jan 2009
I'm not really a fan of Summer Olympics, so I usually skip it. Still, it will take the People's Republic of China a few more decades to overtake Germany in the all-time Olympic Games medal table

I'm glad that I skipped the distasteful and Satanic OP ceremony. I hope France will never ever get to host a big sporting event ever again. Not even pink-shirts wearing "kunterbunt" (multi-colored) Germany has staged such grotesque bullshit during the European Football/Soccer Cup. Plus, unlike our neighbors, we didn't have issues with power outages and train lines sabotage

I've only seen a bit of swimming, a bit of basketball and a bit of volleyball, since my parents were watching it. Was impressive defense of the German women against their French counterparts
Jul 28, 11:35 AM

Nov 2013
Find the olympics rather tiresome now purely on the basis of broadcasting rights. Previously I could whatever event I wanted through the BBC for free then Discovery (USA) got the rights and it just became a total shitshow. Tokyo was rubbish due to this and Paris is too. The broadcasting of the different events is so restricted and the scheduling of what we can watch is not even remotely accurate either. Discovery is a greedy embarrassment and the IOC really needs dismantling. I don't even know why the olympics is still delivered in this format anyway, I would quite happily see this event die out if it's not capable of reform with access increased for all. It's far worse than football for corruption.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 28, 7:29 PM

May 2020
& thats what everyone is expected to see from the US...

Nothing new there & ofc disappointing as an outsider!!!

Serbia has some serious chemistry issues going on with Jokic especially on how they handled their offense...

Repetitive 2 man pnr game when im sure they can do better than that especially on how they play at the World Cup...

Jul 28, 10:07 PM

Feb 2020
"Oh, I'll kill myself if Portugal doesn't win." -Homer Simpson

Well, I guess football is the most interesting event for me.
Jul 29, 4:24 AM

Aug 2022
https://www.lemonde.fr/economie/article/2024/07/29/sabotage-sur-les-lignes-tgv-un-militant-d-ultragauche-interpelle-en-seine-maritime_6260954_3234.html

Arrests have been made regarding the sabotage of the train line, including an 'ultra-left activist' and 45 members of Extinction Rebellion.

Ultra-Left (ultragauche) is Left that don't partake in the electoral process

They have been successful in some instances, notably by inflicting an humiliating defeat to the military in Notre Dame des Landes, and the government has been ramping up efforts against them, with Macron himself signing a decree dissolving the "Soulèvements de la terre" for armed protests and violent actions.

They are numerous enough as with a little time they can mobilize easily ten thousands people to go to some place in the métropole to fight cops.
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
Jul 29, 4:29 AM

Jun 2024
DAMN THE SWIMMERS ARE SO HOT OMG WTF.
Jul 29, 4:35 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to MalchikRepaid
This is perhaps one of the cutest moments I saw.

@MalchikRepaid Is it safe to be an LGBT couple in China?
Jul 29, 5:19 AM
Dec 2022
Zarutaku said:
@MalchikRepaid Is it safe to be an LGBT couple in China?

First of all, those 2 Chinese athletes are not lesbians. Second, it's complicated to explain, but TLDR, the government know that LGBT people exist and they think that pride parades are cringy. No verbose active anti-LGBT directives, but no promotion of LGBT movement either.
Jul 29, 5:27 AM

Sep 2016
MalchikRepaid said:
those 2 Chinese athletes are not lesbians
Then I'm not sure what you meant with
MalchikRepaid said:
Are they a couple or not? If they are a couple and the person holding the girl is a her, then how aren't they lesbians?
Jul 29, 5:32 AM
Dec 2022
Zarutaku said:
Are they a couple or not? If they are a couple and the person holding the girl is a her, then how aren't they lesbians?

Partner as in partners in women's synchronized 3 meter springboard (2 people diving together with the same series of postures in every millisecond), not partner as in lovers.
Jul 29, 5:44 AM
Dec 2022
I'm a little bit surprised that after the women's team archery, India's archery regulatory organization fired the South Korean coach not in a formal way, but in a "we're revoking that coach's accreditation card" way.
Jul 29, 5:50 AM

Sep 2016
MalchikRepaid said:
not partner as in lovers

I see, so they did that just for the lulz?
Jul 29, 6:03 AM
Dec 2022
Zarutaku said:
I see, so they did that just for the lulz?

Yes, exactly what you said. For the lulz while being cute.
Jul 29, 6:20 AM

Jan 2023
I love the Olympics. Too bad European time doesn't help me during the week. I miss absolutely everything during the week (I arrive at almost 4:15 p.m., 9:00 p.m. in France).
But over the weekend I watched a lot. I like everything except rugby.

We are not about getting many medals (Argentina), and this year it is more complicated.
But a medal in women's hockey is always latent. Volleyball has just won Bronze in Tokyo but it is complicated this time.
Football has a horrible coach, but it can get a podium. And several tennis players but not at the level of a decade and a half ago.
Julián Gutiérrez got a diploma in air rifle shooting, which means a lot.
Jul 29, 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
Men’s archery
Congratulations France and S Korea for reaching the finals!
Turkey was great too! France very barely won against them in the semi.

Final result:
S Korea: gold
France: silver
Turkey: bronze

S Korea won!
Congrats to all 3 teams!

Women Beach volleyball
USA vs Australia
Let’s go team USA!
USA 2 Australia 0
DreamingBeatsJul 29, 2:01 PM

Jul 30, 3:53 AM

May 2020
To think Greece's guard issues is so bad that even Giannis couldnt save them....

Jul 30, 6:14 AM

May 2020
Canada has too much NBA talent that it doesnt come as a surprise for them to win against Australia....

Theres a reason why the Thunder choose Shai & throw Giddey away...

Jul 30, 7:17 AM

Nov 2011
Women’s beach volleyball
Brazil vs Lithuania
Let’s go Brazil!

Jul 30, 8:58 AM
Dec 2022
East Asian countries dominated table tennis mixed doubles

China = Gold
North Korea = Silver
South Korea = Bronze
Jul 30, 10:23 AM

May 2020
So its the battle of the Cosplayers in the court for France & Japan...

Some anime shit is going on here in this game...

With Hachimura fouling out early on the 4th quarter...

Kawamura Yuki decided to go Ultra Instinct on Wemby & Rudy Gogurt...

But a 4 point play saved Wemby & Gogurt & forced the game to OT!!!

In the end...

The power of anime is not enough to beat the uchuujin of France...

Japan fought so well against Wemby & Gogurt even without their main protagonist Rui Hachimura...

As an anime & basketball fan...

I want them to win since they are expected to get blown out today...

Well fought Japan!!!

Gogurt almost sold that game lmao!!!

Shingeki no Wemby!!!

Kawamura Yuki, Rui Hachimura & his teammates looks like Levi, Erwin & the Survey Corps fighting against the Titans out there!!!

Shinzou wo Sasageyo!!!
Hitagi__FurudeJul 30, 10:55 AM

Jul 30, 10:36 AM

Dec 2018
Eh, I stopped watching once Baseball was taken off from it and none of the other events really interest me tbh. I prefer the World Baseball Classic to the Olympics anyways.

Jul 30, 3:14 PM

Oct 2017
USA is flopping big time in Swimming this year, but nobody is performing well tbh so it's just a shitshow. Anyway, as far as the Anglo-Saxon countries or France take the gold it's fine, Summer McIntosh is coming strong this year and snatched the gold medal for the world's greatest nation.

USA is an obvious gold in basketball, gymnastics, and Track and field (No Russians to milk some medals) there is no contest.

''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Jul 30, 3:19 PM

Aug 2022
https://www.thedailybeast.com/olympics-drag-queen-barbara-butch-threatens-to-sue-her-right-wing-haters

The Proud Fat Jewish Lesbian DJ (if you think I am targeting her, she is proud of being all the words I said) that was at that Supper Ceremony is gonna sue people that don't like her.
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What's YOUR Mandela Effect moment!?

JustMaya - 4 hours ago

7 by traed »»
31 minutes ago

» Turkey banning VPNs and major websites

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

9 by rohan121 »»
32 minutes ago

» are you a victim of POPULARITY PRESSURE in media ?

ame - Yesterday

17 by Luchipher-Zen »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraraFan - May 7

158 by GinIonSui »»
4 hours ago

» why 2010s metal still sounds decent but 2010s rock sounds so bland?

TierraRobada - Yesterday

8 by xMizu_ »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.