Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 11:25 AM
Sep 2020
brainrot anime, i like it.
Jul 7, 11:30 AM

Mar 2011
Now that was hilarious, can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 7, 11:35 AM

Feb 2007
What a way to make an entrance... :D
Jul 7, 11:38 AM

Jul 2010
Usually I don't watch this kind of shows, but that addictive OP and CGI deer brought me here. lol
Jul 7, 11:53 AM

Jan 2021
The production is what you would expect from Wit Studio: it's really above the average. But I think the director isn't really good with comedy and making punch lines. Didn't laugh even once during this first episode (and I really wanted to). I think this anime would be hilarious if it was made by the KonoSuba director.
Jul 7, 11:55 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It’s unfortunate Crunch doesn’t get the ABEMA release for this one like I’ve seen them get with some other shows, but I’m fine waiting till Sunday to check it out because honestly my Wednesday is fine with just three shows lol, that’s the healthy cap for me anyway. But besides that, quite the interesting first episode lol, the girls are very cute and I think I’m gonna love the CGDCT aspect of this, but I’m ngl the comedy is kinda hit or miss for me, the scene where Nokotan walked through the door while debris hit the students with smiles on their faces got me, I also liked what I think was a “Maria-sama Watches Over Us” reference at the very start, but what I wasn’t a fan of was the random meta jokes they’d throw in about the fact it’s a TV show, maybe that aspect will get better but as of rn it didn’t hit with me.

And of course the “lol teh randomz” moments are fun, Nokotan just being the way she is will probably just be enjoyable on its own for the whole show. And with Koshi now being roped in with her in the deer club and what other wild characters may appear, I can see a lot of fun to be had in the future. Now all that being said, is this AOTY or AOTS? For me, absolutely not lol, at least not yet, especially in a season filled with my favorite genre of romance, but this will definitely be a show I’ll enjoy regardless of the comedy not hitting 100% of the time for me, comedy is very subjective after all and it’s like that sometimes, but of course I’m hoping it will grow more on me over time so I’m enjoying everything about the show instead of just parts of it.

And as for the OP and ED, OP was certainly very fun and wacky, great catchy song too, I’m sure it will find its place in my head permanently eventually lol, and the ED was also quite silly with the real life deer and deer cracker making visuals, honestly very fitting, no complaints here lol.
TheColonel76Jul 7, 12:09 PM
Jul 7, 11:58 AM
Mar 2023
The pure heartbreak and emotion on only the first episode stops me from rating it anything below than a 5. I dont even know where to start with this masterpiece. The creator of this immaculate show must be an alien or something with this ingenious planning. Truly a masterpiece than rivals all of fiction.
Jul 7, 11:59 AM
Nov 2019
peakpeakpeakpeakpeakpeak
Jul 7, 12:05 PM
Feb 2016
Azumanga Daioh and Shinryaku! Ika Musume vibes. Definitely must watch.
Jul 7, 12:05 PM
Feb 2024
Still can't believe nobody's caught the Tokyo Ghoul reference in the OP.
Jul 7, 12:14 PM
Apr 2023
Shikanoko nokonoko koshitantan
Jul 7, 12:20 PM

Nov 2023
How many references do you want to put in this anime? Author: Yes
Jul 7, 12:20 PM
Apr 2023
peak has just been released
Jul 7, 12:29 PM

Feb 2007
Also, I knew I recognized Misawa Yasuhiro's music here. Nice! ^_^
Jul 7, 12:29 PM
May 2021
Honestly didn't know what to expect. I think I might enjoy this
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Jul 7, 12:31 PM

Feb 2023
Who is the voice actress for the teacher, Ukai-sensei? She sounds very familiar. Not credited on MAL.
Jul 7, 12:42 PM
Oct 2012
Yet another shameful miscarriage in a list of obnoxious, painfully humorless comedy shows.
Jul 7, 12:54 PM

Feb 2007
Reply to Greentreefrog
Who is the voice actress for the teacher, Ukai-sensei? She sounds very familiar. Not credited on MAL.
@Greentreefrog ANN says Inoue Kikuko.
Jul 7, 12:58 PM
Jan 2024
1st episode was just as funny as I expected, especially the scene of her walking into the classroom. I'm definitely looking forward to next week's episode.
Jul 7, 1:03 PM

Dec 2019
Absolute Masterpiece, 10/10 Episode.
"Abandoning your uniqueness is equivalent to dying"

Jul 7, 1:08 PM

Jul 2020
I mean, my head exploded several times but it wasn't too bad
Jul 7, 1:10 PM

Apr 2024
Never thought I’d see a dead chibi but here we are 😂
Jul 7, 1:25 PM
Feb 2019
peak peak peak peak peak peak
Jul 7, 1:32 PM
May 2021
Lmaooo Nichijou 2.0, am here for itt
Jul 7, 1:37 PM

Mar 2008
Best premiere this season by far.
This is actually fun!
Jul 7, 1:38 PM
Nov 2008
Did anyone catch the clip of people making Deer crackers in Real life that they inserted into the ED?

This hilarious brainrot comedy anime just turned educational!

I understand why Studio Wit decided to work on this. Perhaps they wanted to work on something more lighthearted after working on Attack on Titan season 8? 9? 10? (IDK) and following Vinland Saga.
Jul 7, 1:47 PM
Dec 2020
boring... didnt even get a simile or chuckle. no engaging story either. just going to be random nonsense i dispise anime like this
ill watch it because of pure pressure
Jul 7, 2:11 PM
Jan 2024
Made me laugh so hard, somewhat deadpool like humor in the way it is self aware, both dub and sub are great too.
the animation is also great and more than just good.
Jul 7, 2:12 PM
Jan 2024
Made me laugh so hard, somewhat deadpool like humor in the way it is self aware, both dub and sub are great too.
the animation is also great and more than just good.
Jul 7, 2:45 PM
Feb 2014
Five 🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌rating.
Jul 7, 2:48 PM
Jan 2024
Absolute crackhead energy. I've never laughed so hard at an anime and watching it with friends was the best choice I've ever made. I'm glad I avoided spoilers.
Jul 7, 2:55 PM
Mar 2024
soooooooo amszimg
Jul 7, 2:55 PM

Jul 2016
OP song is stupidly catchy. Everything else was meh asf.
Let's hope next episodes can do better.
Jul 7, 3:31 PM

Dec 2013
Jul 7, 3:32 PM

Jul 2021
I get the feeling that the teacher and the classmates are being mind-controlled by the Deer illuminati. They seem a bit too oblivious, joyful and weirdly coordinated.

Anyways, thank you and congratulations to WIT Studio and the voice actor duo.
Jul 7, 3:49 PM
Jun 2024
Primer episodio buenísimo. La comedia de este anime me recuerda mucho a Chikuu Neesan, con escenas de violencia exagerada pero muy cómica y sus personajes muy peculiares. Sobre la animación, diría que no es la mejor, pero con una "historia" tan buena como esta no me dan ganas de dejarla. En conclusión, el anime está muy bueno de momento y prometo que no lo dejaré.
Jul 7, 3:53 PM
Jun 2024
what can i say? it's like watching Nichijou with a deer girl
Jul 7, 4:01 PM
Dec 2023
Best anime ive ever seen (make this the best rated anime ever)
Jul 7, 4:02 PM
Dec 2020
fun to watch! just silly laughs~~
Jul 7, 4:28 PM
Aug 2015
Pretty crazy first episode, I hoping the relationship between these two grow ever stronger. Also the opening is stuck in my head.
Jul 7, 4:33 PM
Oct 2022
This anime is dumb as heck. And it makes it all the better. I love serious and well written anime, but sometimes you just want something a bit wacky. This seems like it will excel at that. Not only does the deer girl have antlers, but they're detachable too. Epic.

When I visited Nara, I had lots of deer girls try to get in my pants, but none of them looked like Nokotan. And they didn't have antlers. But they were just as obsessed with those crackers as she is in the classroom (the crackers were in my pocket, if you didn't pick up on that already)
Jul 7, 4:56 PM
Jul 2022
This is very funny, a few references to other shows ans a certain "organization" makes this a definite parody anime, even the narrator chips in!
Jul 7, 4:59 PM
Mar 2021

Looks like we got this season’s man vs machine translation candidate. It would be THIS anime.
Jul 7, 5:22 PM

May 2021
actually so funny already
Jul 7, 5:58 PM
Dec 2020
As of right now I will have to say that series is quite OK for it's first episode. There could be some things that change in the future in a couple of episodes. We will see. But for now I will say it is an okay watch could be better could be worse.
Jul 7, 6:14 PM

Sep 2020
Okay, I dare anyone to try and post a better slow-motion entrance scene from any anime character that tops Nokotan's. I decree as of now that it can't be done.

What other character has the ability to knock people out just from the force of them entering a room?
Internet's most principled sociopath.
Jul 7, 6:17 PM
Nov 2019
The pinnacle of comedy, pushing the limits of absurdity, I died laughing throughout the episode
Jul 7, 6:41 PM
Feb 2021
this is not the "brainrot" that people say it is. this is just unhinged and i'm all here for it
Jul 7, 6:51 PM
Sep 2015
very funny can't wait for more
Jul 7, 6:55 PM
Apr 2019
so sugoi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 17

124 by Adhit2542 »»
4 hours ago

» how horny is this

weeaboo5008 - Jul 24

37 by Luviatan »»
5 hours ago

» English dub is God tier

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Jul 23

32 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Show is not funny ( 1 2 )

MongoDB - Jul 21

96 by BirbSMB »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 24

49 by skafiction »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.