Forum Settings
Forums

Do you look back at the titles that have become history before your eyes?

New
Jul 5, 1:55 PM

Apr 2012
Do you look back at the anime that made history that you still remembered as seasonal shows and actual titles? How does this make you feel and have you rethought them in any way by this time? Have you tried introducing them to your children or younger relatives? For example, the Eupho adaptation recently ended after almost 11 years, and although I didn’t catch the first season as a seasonal anime, I still find it very difficult to get used to the idea that Kumiko’s story is now completely a part of history. I really feel like I've finished the school and parted ways with classmates I've been friends with for years.
Jul 5, 2:16 PM
Apr 2024
Seeing how old is Pokémon xy feels so strange every time
Jul 5, 2:26 PM

Sep 2016
Yes, I look back at and forward to One Piece making history.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 5, 2:45 PM

Jul 2023
Doraemon
Shin-chan

I watched when i was little so...

Jul 5, 3:45 PM

May 2018
It can be peak nostalgia like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann or it can be curse like Code Geass and Sword Art Online.
But the worst part is shattering your fate in the fandom for not being impressed or even remembering things like Natsu no Arashi! or Sketchbook: Full Color's.
Jul 5, 3:51 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Guilmon1
Seeing how old is Pokémon xy feels so strange every time
@Guilmon1

Literally on my mind right now. I was just replaying the video game and it just filled me with existential dread over the fact that the "Modern" era of Pokémon started over 10 years ago now
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jul 5, 4:08 PM

Nov 2019
Yes, I've seen threads that only know yesterday, and since they repeatedly come and go, they become just another day bfore my very own eyes. E.g this thread. One must have learned something after all those years.
SgtBateManJul 5, 4:46 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 5, 4:16 PM

Aug 2008
Not quite sure what you are asking. Finding out if we are old and that we watched older anime that are considered classics now when they were airing? I joined MAL back in 2008 so there are plenty of titles I experienced as they were actually airing. Though the seasonal anime hype wasn't even a thing not that long ago imo.
Jul 5, 7:21 PM

Aug 2020
OPM s1. It was at the end of my 4th year of secondary school when it came out and every single one of my friends was watching it back when i had ZERO passion for the anime medium and didn't know there was such a thing as seasonal shows.
Jul 6, 3:34 AM

Jun 2024
One Piece, Attack on Titan, and probably Demon Slayer too once the trilogy comes out in like 5 years or something.
Jul 6, 4:15 AM

Jan 2018
just glad they didn't do remaster/remake with anime even though some shows will see more love. people nowadays are too soft or sensitive older stuff would have too many shocking factor. they can't even make avatar or witcher great again.
Jul 6, 4:27 AM

Nov 2020
dude i remember i was one of the very first blue lock readers... then it became popular and even got an anime and now it is all over the internet!
"Are you the strongest because you're Satoru Gojo? Or are you Satoru Gojo because you're the strongest?"~ Suguru Geto

Jul 6, 11:39 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@Guilmon1

Literally on my mind right now. I was just replaying the video game and it just filled me with existential dread over the fact that the "Modern" era of Pokémon started over 10 years ago now
@LSSJ_Gaming I still remember those times when I watched them on a friend’s TV and then waited a couple of months until I could see them on another channel, since I didn’t have cable. That time when Pokemon was such a new thing that even the most common channels were making videos about the premiere of it. Even describing it as the first anime in Eastern Europe, although previously the same channels showed 80s mecha and shoujo.

@AMBITZZ Is it really that popular? For some reason I keep passing by this anime.
Jul 7, 1:47 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@LSSJ_Gaming I still remember those times when I watched them on a friend’s TV and then waited a couple of months until I could see them on another channel, since I didn’t have cable. That time when Pokemon was such a new thing that even the most common channels were making videos about the premiere of it. Even describing it as the first anime in Eastern Europe, although previously the same channels showed 80s mecha and shoujo.

@AMBITZZ Is it really that popular? For some reason I keep passing by this anime.
@RobertBobert it is really damn popular lmao. I mean not on the level of the big three or anything like that but it was really trendy a while ago
"Are you the strongest because you're Satoru Gojo? Or are you Satoru Gojo because you're the strongest?"~ Suguru Geto

Jul 7, 1:47 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to RobertBobert

@RobertBobert it is really damn popular lmao. I mean not on the level of the big three or anything like that but it was really trendy a while ago

Jul 7, 3:39 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to AMBITZZ
@AMBITZZ I usually bypass sports shonen because I'm more interested in combat sports and unfortunately I'm too old to be inspired to play soccer or baseball.

More topics from this board

» Steel Ball Run Official Manga Distribution Announced

tchitchouan - 3 hours ago

18 by RainyEvenings »»
7 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9440 by Paladin23 »»
11 minutes ago

» What's your random favourite anime cliché?

AMBITZZ - Aug 19

20 by LittleOwlbear »»
16 minutes ago

» 🎃 AD Summer 2024 Best Girl Contest ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Oct 1

138 by Saeryen »»
41 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

805 by internetguy214 »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.