Forum Settings
Forums

how "loved" is your #1 fave character of all time ?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 27, 8:25 PM

Nov 2021
She used to be one of the most popular girls on the site. She's fallen out of favor for lame fake tsunderes though.
Taiga best girl forever.
Jun 27, 9:44 PM

Oct 2016
Kamina, 33k other gigachads have him as their favorite as well.

Jun 27, 10:22 PM

Mar 2024
385 strong. The world is ours for the taking! (lol)

Jun 27, 11:47 PM

Sep 2016
Subarctic-Forest said:
She used to be one of the most popular girls on the site. She's fallen out of favor for lame fake tsunderes though.

@Subarctic-Forest More like Taiga fell out of favor because tsunderes became too popular, so the elitist contrarians started hating them and many others jumped on the bandwagon.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 28, 4:50 AM
Oct 2023
Takina is my favorite. She's cute and her character growth hits all the right places for me.
Jun 28, 5:47 AM

Feb 2018
26 Whopping Favorites... yet all the more My Wife and mine alone... Konomi Yuzuhara

https://myanimelist.net/character/2385/Konomi_Yuzuhara?q=Yuzuhara%20Konomi&cat=character

Jun 28, 11:08 AM

Nov 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
Subarctic-Forest said:

@Subarctic-Forest More like Taiga fell out of favor because tsunderes became too popular, so the elitist contrarians started hating them and many others jumped on the bandwagon.
@Zarutaku Nah, Taiga has fallen out of favor being most anime fans grew up on a different kind of anime. The usual criticism I hear about the slapstick in Toradora is, "HOW CAN ANYONE THINK DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS FUNNY!? TAIGA IS EEEEEEEVIL!" Which is fine, casuals aren't human anyway so they're easy to ignore.
Taiga best girl forever.
Jun 28, 11:43 AM

Jan 2008
How has Usopp only got 14k favourites?!?!?!?!
Jun 28, 1:01 PM

Feb 2023
19k favorites? I can live with that.

Jun 28, 1:17 PM
Walpurgis

May 2023
Kirima Nagi 142 faves (including myself), definitely a hidden gem
Jun 28, 1:39 PM

May 2021
I've got too many favorites that are my #1.
Jun 29, 12:46 AM

Feb 2011
This poll needs more tiers.

Should have at least 500, 100 and 50 on the lower end. There is a bigger difference between 50 and 1000 than 50k and 100k, for example.

OT: 10, as of now. I personally know a few of them.

Jun 30, 11:11 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
Thanks, but I don't think my opinion on Conrad will change anytime soon.
You mentioned earlier that you don't like characters who break other's trust, something like to those lines is going to happen between Conrad and Yuuri.

Noboru said:
That all aside, I still find it kinda amusing how I ended up starting with reading a series that was advertised all along here because of someone who has turned from one of the biggest fangirls to one of its biggest critics, but hadn't realized before that it was that series you've been being so vocal about for years
I'm surprised that you decided to read it too, I prefer people keeping away from it because I don't to increase the number of Wolfram fans. I can't stand the series because of what the author did, she blatantly lied in her interviews saying that she wanted to only add comedy and the whole engagement was just a running gag and she didn't intend to make Yuuri end up with anyone but now she herself only ever writes content shipping those two and promotes it as the "Royal Couple" or "Royal Family". I also can't stand what she did to Conrad.
Jun 30, 12:47 PM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
You mentioned earlier that you don't like characters who break other's trust, something like to those lines is going to happen between Conrad and Yuuri.
It will probably still take some while for me to get that far into the series, particularly when I only have volumes 1-8 + 10 and even then, I'm still willed to give the characters the benefit of the doubt, like there being some circumstances. At the very least, it's extremely unlikely that I would trash Conrad, let alone feel strong negative emotions towards any fictional character

Maou_heika said:
I'm surprised that you decided to read it too, I prefer people keeping away from it because I don't to increase the number of Wolfram fans. I can't stand the series because of what the author did, she blatantly lied in her interviews saying that she wanted to only add comedy and the whole engagement was just a running gag and she didn't intend to make Yuuri end up with anyone but now she herself only ever writes content shipping those two and promotes it as the "Royal Couple" or "Royal Family". I also can't stand what she did to Conrad.
I simply want to know firsthand what exactly you like about Conrad and why you've been so obsessed about him for so many years. Still takes me some while until I get to the scenes before the series declines further and further. And I highly doubt I would ever become a fan of Wolfram
Perhaps, it was the original plan to just keep the engagement as some running gag, however the author probably decided later against it to pander to the wishes of the majority of the fans whom she got to know about. But if you don't like how your favorite character has been treated in the official series, how about reading or even creating a whole fanfiction series with an alternative story line in which Yuuri actually has the balls to end this mistaken engagement and where he ends up as a successful Demon King with Conrad next to his side as a good friend and advisor?
NoboruJun 30, 1:47 PM
Jun 30, 4:40 PM

Nov 2019
how "loved" is your #1 fave character of all time ?

DONT HAVE ONE ADHAHADHADHADAHWDHADHADHADAHDAHD, BYE
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Jun 30, 4:56 PM
Mar 2022
Yukinoshita Yukino 22.000ish isn't bad
Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
I'm still willed to give the characters the benefit of the doubt, like there being some circumstances.
The problem is why Conrad did such a thing is never revealed and that's because the author herself never thought of a reason even though she released almost 10 more volumes after that.

Noboru said:
But if you don't like how your favorite character has been treated in the official series, how about reading or even creating a whole fanfiction series with an alternative story line in which Yuuri actually has the balls to end this mistaken engagement and where he ends up as a successful Demon King with Conrad next to his side as a good friend and advisor?
I do think of various scenarios in my mind after reading something I disagree with but I can never really reach any proper conclusion since it feels like I'm straying too far from the original content, that's why I don't write fanfiction myself. The most I've read are short fan-made manga panels on pixiv and both Yuuri and Conrad don't seem like themselves there, there aren't many fan-works to begin, specially good ones. Instead I did try to show things from Conrad's perspective though an AMV which I never completed in the end.
Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Aug 2023
My goated king has 32k knights, pretty cool
Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Dec 2021
Makishima Shogo is at 10k favorites and I don't see any character surpassing him for a while.
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Jul 2010
mine: Lulu he's just #1 for 15 years if I'm not wrong. He's not my fav because it's popular to have him, L and Levi in favs, btw.
Yesterday, 12:50 PM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
The problem is why Conrad did such a thing is never revealed and that's because the author herself never thought of a reason even though she released almost 10 more volumes after that.
Even so, you still like him for his good characteristics, so I want to focus on those, first and foremost

Maou_heika said:
I do think of various scenarios in my mind after reading something I disagree with but I can never really reach any proper conclusion since it feels like I'm straying too far from the original content, that's why I don't write fanfiction myself. The most I've read are short fan-made manga panels on pixiv and both Yuuri and Conrad don't seem like themselves there, there aren't many fan-works to begin, specially good ones. Instead I did try to show things from Conrad's perspective though an AMV which I never completed in the end.
Oh okay, given how much you have been being invested in the series, I had the impression you would have been more interested in alternative versions that fix the story, but retain the characters as much as possible
Was it the one AMV with his character song? If so, it was pretty well done in my eyes
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 🌸 AD Spring 2024 Best Girl Contest & Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

97 by Coaghim »»
18 minutes ago

» unpopular opinions ( 1 2 )

ST63LTH - Jun 27

63 by Coaghim »»
24 minutes ago

» Enjoying completely diffrent things

Cielord - 6 hours ago

29 by 23feanor »»
36 minutes ago

» Do you think One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach contributed to the dumbing down of battle shonen?

Psychku - 3 hours ago

8 by SimplyBrazen »»
40 minutes ago

» Is it acceptable?

SgtBateMan - 3 hours ago

5 by Coaghim »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.